Jokic brothers Update: NBA investigating an assault on fan by one of the Jokic brothers

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 7,880

Re: Jokic brothers Update: NBA investigating an assault on fan by one of the Jokic brothers 

Post#221 » by AleksandarN » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:30 pm

Exp0sed wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:
PD28 wrote:
Some of these posters about to argue that she could've said something over the line and he had no choice but to react and choke her...

Only weak men react like this dude :lol:

What incident that didn't happened in the US? I am confused

idk what he meant but I googled and found this, that did happen in Denver

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/10/01/nikola-jokic-brother-arrested-assault/

Yes I posted that already in this thread. I don't understand the reply to my reply when I was referring to the fan getting hit.
BruttoNostra
Senior
And1: 1,223

Re: Jokic brothers Update: NBA investigating an assault on fan by one of the Jokic brothers 

Post#222 » by BruttoNostra » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:21 am

We all know it was all caused by the high altitude in Denver.
I think we should deport Denver from the NBA and the USA.
Vita sine libertāte, nihil
axeman23
Analyst
And1: 3,117

Post#223 » by axeman23 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:04 am

AleksandarN wrote::o

Update:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I HOPE this is not the "UFC Fighter" brother who threw the punch. The Joe-average barely flinched! :lol:
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,148

Post#224 » by OxAndFox » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:44 am

Don't talk crap and don't get hit. Simple.
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect
And1: 261

Re: Jokic brothers 

Post#225 » by WentzerWuver » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:04 pm

pace31 wrote:DAYUM that guy took quite a punch and barely flinched.

Don't know what the guy said, but this looks pretty bad for one of the bros. Should've been arrested
Fans should never quip Joker plays with horses near him.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,566

Post#226 » by BarbaGrizz » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:58 pm

I would wait for the whole picture instead of judging by 14s video
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
MoneyBall
Analyst
And1: 3,215

Post#227 » by MoneyBall » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:01 pm

I blame climate change for this incident, personally.
gottamakeit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,411

Post#228 » by gottamakeit » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:53 pm

BarbaGrizz wrote:I would wait for the whole picture instead of judging by 14s video

Reports are that the Jokic brother was the only one that got physical and threw the punch. Charges should be brought against him.
Combined with the other incident, the appropriate response would be to lock him up until you can deport him
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 7,880

Post#229 » by AleksandarN » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:55 pm

gottamakeit wrote:
BarbaGrizz wrote:I would wait for the whole picture instead of judging by 14s video

Reports are that the Jokic brother was the only one that got physical and threw the punch. Charges should be brought against him.
Combined with the other incident, the appropriate response would be to lock him up until you can deport him

What reports? I haven’t heard anything yet
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 24,792

Re: Jokic brothers 

Post#230 » by NyKnicks1714 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:23 pm

p0peye wrote:Jokić's wife and daughter were right behind, not sure what caused this, but they better lawyer up.

LWYRUP
rand
Starter
And1: 3,170

Post#231 » by rand » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:47 pm

OxAndFox wrote:Don't talk crap and don't get hit. Simple.

You have the right to talk crap. You don't have the right to hit someone for talking crap.
Drakeem
Sixth Man
And1: 2,052

Post#232 » by Drakeem » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:54 pm

rand wrote:

You have the right to talk crap. You don't have the right to hit someone for talking crap.
I think here lies the problem in general with a lot of what goes on outside today, and while I still maintain my stance of the punch was unwarranted and escalated things way too far, we as a society reward or shield the instigators of situations far too often. More should be done to punish the person who throws the stone and hides their hand because if the spirit of the law is to keep society orderly and peaceful, people instigating situations to happen is going against that ideal.
balleramil wrote:My Summer by Jarrett Jack

The one thing you don't know about our team is...
At practice we play freeze tag
Bobbymcgee
Starter
And1: 1,971

Post#233 » by Bobbymcgee » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:03 pm

Lifetime ban for Jokic's family and especially his loser brother.
stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,197

Post#234 » by stoo » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:21 pm

i am pacifist, but i support hitting people in the mouth when they talk too much. the fact that current law, which is usually money/ties based, says that u are not allowed to punch somebody, is just a horse shirt. let government deal with every small thing in your life, and u're in for a hell of a ride
NotSinceWilt
Pelon chingon
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,169

Post#235 » by Pelon chingon » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:57 pm

Morris bros made the right move ducking the Jokic's they get active.
TravisScott55
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,859

Post#236 » by TravisScott55 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:03 pm

Words don't always have to be met with violence. Tyrese Haliburton's brother was called a racial slur and did not hit the fan.
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,268

Post#237 » by lambchop » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:04 pm

Drakeem wrote:
rand wrote:

I think here lies the problem in general with a lot of what goes on outside today, and while I still maintain my stance of the punch was unwarranted and escalated things way too far, we as a society reward or shield the instigators of situations far too often. More should be done to punish the person who throws the stone and hides their hand because if the spirit of the law is to keep society orderly and peaceful, people instigating situations to happen is going against that ideal.

The end game of that is just a bunch of honour killing, because guys want to "keep it real". People are getting their feelings hurt over mere words. Sometimes even one single word is enough to lead to homicide. It's just silly.

Those 2004 Pacers also felt like they were doing the right thing and keeping it real. It just ended up being an awkward experience for everyone involved and then bogus dress codes and other garbage were implemented to help guys behave.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
Drakeem
Sixth Man
And1: 2,052

Post#238 » by Drakeem » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:10 pm

lambchop wrote:
Drakeem wrote:
rand wrote:You have the right to talk crap. You don't have the right to hit someone for talking crap.

The end game of that is just a bunch of honour killing, because guys want to "keep it real". People are getting their feelings hurt over mere words. Sometimes even one single word is enough to lead to homicide. It's just silly.

Those 2004 Pacers also felt like they were doing the right thing and keeping it real. It just ended up being an awkward experience for everyone involved and then bogus dress codes and other garbage were implemented to help guys behave.
Stop placing words in my mouth that I didn't say. People who take the law into their own hands should be punished. However, the same way how we have laws regarding obscene acts in public to make sure people can get through their day normally is the same way we should be policing the people who end up being the ones at the root of some of these problems.

Whether its the workplace, just on the street, at a group meet up, etc, the instigator almost always gets off free. It's showing people that being an **** is promoted and supported as long as you can get the other person to bite on it. Lets punish all parties to the extent that they escalated the situation. The dude throwing the punch can get a much bigger penalty, but lets not let the first guy just be the victim either (no longer talking about this particular situation).
balleramil wrote:My Summer by Jarrett Jack

The one thing you don't know about our team is...
At practice we play freeze tag
AdagioPace
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,198

Post#239 » by AdagioPace » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:12 pm

"the powder keg of Europe" :lol:
"La natura gode della natura; la natura trionfa sulla natura; la natura domina la natura" - Ostanes
reddyplayerone
Junior
And1: 345

Post#240 » by reddyplayerone » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:24 pm

stoo wrote:i am pacifist, but i support hitting people in the mouth when they talk too much.

Then you're not a pacifist at all lmao

Return to The General Board