How many calls were missed by referees in the last minute of 76ers vs Knicks Game 2?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,237

Re: How many calls were missed by referees in the last minute of 76ers vs Knicks Game 2? 

Post#61 » by cgf » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:40 pm

Sgt Major wrote:What about technicals for this?

Read on Twitter

If the MSG staff are good (and there’s a game 5) this clip will play on the Jumbotron :lol:

Lowry looks like he just took a stunner after Embiid “pushes” him :lol:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,283

Re: How many calls were missed by referees in the last minute of 76ers vs Knicks Game 2? 

Post#62 » by BigShot Bojan » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:42 pm

KokoKaizer wrote:
Dirk wrote:You can clearly see Nick Nurse calling a timeout while they had the ball.

NBA is clearly rigged

"Slow-Mo Spotlight, proudly sponsored by FanDuel."
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,283

Post#63 » by BigShot Bojan » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:45 pm

cgf wrote:
Sgt Major wrote:What about technicals for this?

Read on Twitter

If the MSG staff are good (and there’s a game 5) this clip will play on the Jumbotron :lol:

Lowry looks like he just took a stunner after Embiid “pushes” him :lol:

and than the limping to the bench was pathetic....
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
cgf
RealGM

Post#64 » by cgf » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:59 pm

JonFromVA wrote:You've always got to be prepared to beat the other team AND beat the refs.

Yeah. The zebras tried what they could to extend this series...overturning the foul on Lowry and ignoring Maxey pushing off before the inbounds...but IH & nova wouldn't let them! :rock:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,471

Post#65 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:35 pm

Shock Defeat wrote:Stephen A Smith was courtside 3 feet away from the final play and said Maxey got mugged and the sixers got robbed. Hes a diehard Knicks fan and he's saying the refs screwed Philly

Ya have got to stop calling SAS a diehard Knicks fan. He does not watch the games unless they are nationally televised.
turnaroundJ
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#66 » by turnaroundJ » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:37 pm

Sixers org such whiners. Multiple videos out there show that it played out correctly. They should blame themselves. But can’t blame them for trying to lobby for the next game. Doesn’t really work in the playoffs though.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,867

Post#67 » by Capn'O » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:40 pm

cgf wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:You've always got to be prepared to beat the other team AND beat the refs.

Yeah. The zebras tried what they could to extend this series...overturning the foul on Lowry and ignoring Maxey pushing off before the inbounds...but IH & nova wouldn't let them! :rock:

Not to mention the soft whistle on Embiid the whole game. You can't breathe on him.

I usually don't stoop to such superlatives but other than Lowry this Sixers team is soft. He and Batum are the only guys I fear on this team and they're too old to impose their will. Other then them, they can't hold the leads they build, can't get key rebounds, and when the game gets tight they can't execute and need the refs to bail them out. Maxey still had the chance to win it and he got stuffed at the rim and then passed to Embiid with no clock left. Bad execution. Late game in Den, Jokic put his big ass in the post and smoked AD multiple possessions in a row.

Let's say by some miracle they're able to pull this series off. This team ain't beating Boston and they damn sure ain't beating Denver. This team ain't it and it starts with their star sniveling up in a corner after the game going "it's not fair, we're better" instead of being frustrated with himself and evaluating how he can dig down and play well enough so that the game doesn't come down to a flailing fest. Use your butt and get a rebound.

It pains me to say it because I love Embiid's tools and what he can do on the court. His movements and skill set remind me of Ewing more than any player I've seen. But he ain't Pat, let alone the other guys from that era.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
cgf
RealGM

Post#68 » by cgf » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:19 pm

Capn'O wrote:
cgf wrote:

Not to mention the soft whistle on Embiid the whole game. You can't breathe on him.

I usually don't stoop to such superlatives but other than Lowry this Sixers team is soft. He and Batum are the only guys I fear on this team and they're too old to impose their will. Other then them, they can't hold the leads they build, can't get key rebounds, and when the game gets tight they can't execute and need the refs to bail them out. Maxey still had the chance to win it and he got stuffed at the rim and then passed to Embiid with no clock left. Bad execution. Late game in Den, Jokic put his big ass in the post and smoked AD multiple possessions in a row.

Let's say by some miracle they're able to pull this series off. This team ain't beating Boston and they damn sure ain't beating Denver. This team ain't it and it starts with their star sniveling up in a corner after the game going "it's not fair, we're better" instead of being frustrated with himself and evaluating how he can dig down and play well enough so that the game doesn't come down to a flailing fest. Use your butt and get a rebound.

It pains me to say it because I love Embiid's tools and what he can do on the court. His movements and skill set remind me of Ewing more than any player I've seen. But he ain't Pat, let alone the other guys from that era.

They are right now...but Maxey's still a baby who can learn and FWIW Joel is giving them all his body is capable of. Of course Joel will never have a full tank by the playoffs until the 6ers stop leaning on him so much in the regular season, so that's kind of their own fault, but I have a tough time faulting Embiid for having nothing left at the ends of these games.

I know he gets a soft whistle, and there are plays we can point to where he just does badly because he's out on his feet by the 4th...but that team has (somehow) been worse without him than we have been without Brunson in this series. With the team Morey has constructed, Nurse just can't afford not to ride him into the ground.

And I know this isn't the first time for Embiid, but in this case...just like I didn't blame Julius for rushing back last spring...I don't think it's Joel's fault this time around. Would be a different story if they had a Brunson to carry them without Joel so him being burnt out now was just because he was chasing another MVP...but this season they just had to lean on Embiid

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#69 » by Capn'O » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:29 pm

cgf wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
cgf wrote:

They are right now...but Maxey's still a baby who can learn and FWIW Joel is giving them all his body is capable of. Of course Joel will never have a full tank by the playoffs until the 6ers stop leaning on him so much in the regular season, so that's kind of their own fault, but I have a tough time faulting Embiid for having nothing left at the ends of these games.

I know he gets a soft whistle, and there are plays we can point to where he just does badly because he's out on his feet by the 4th...but that team has (somehow) been worse without him than we have been without Brunson in this series. With the team Morey has constructed, Nurse just can't afford not to ride him into the ground.

And I know this isn't the first time for Embiid, but in this case...just like I didn't blame Julius for rushing back last spring...I don't think it's Joel's fault this time around. Would be a different story if they had a Brunson to carry them without Joel so him being burnt out now was just because he was chasing another MVP...but this season they just had to lean on Embiid

Listen to Chuck at the end of this.

Putting your head down and crying "it's unacceptable what the refs did to us" is straight up loser talk. That goes below not being a leader and into being an emotional anchor.

To your point, the Knicks are playing rope a dope letting Embiid and Maxey wear themselves out early and hoping we have more juice at the end and it's working. They don't have another guy to get those key rebounds and can't figure out how to conserve Embiid so he has something at the end of playoff games. And then he pulls that crap.

Sixers are soft. Maxey can get there, sure. They can get some more vet pieces like Lowry and bigger ones who can secure rebounds. But the team in front of us ain't it and it still doesn't solve the team taking on Embiid's personality. Think of it this way - if Brunson had that attitude do we pull that off yesterday?
BAF Clippers

picc
RealGM
And1: 17,934

Post#70 » by picc » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:36 pm

I actually didnt care who won this series before, I'm neutral on both teams and dislike both fanbases tbh.

But this game reminded me that Daryl Morey is the GM of the Sixers, and thus I will now root for the Knicks. As bad as they are I don't think the same level of NERD rage and VICTIM complexing would be present if the reverse of game 2 happened.
cgf
RealGM

Post#71 » by cgf » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:50 pm

Capn'O wrote:
cgf wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Putting your head down and crying "it's unacceptable what the refs did to us" is straight up loser talk. That goes below not being a leader and into being an emotional anchor.

To your point, the Knicks are playing rope a dope letting Embiid and Maxey wear themselves out early and hoping we have more juice at the end and it's working. They don't have another guy to get those key rebounds and can't figure out how to conserve Embiid so he has something at the end of playoff games. And then he pulls that crap.

Sixers are soft. Maxey can get there, sure. They can get some more vet pieces like Lowry and bigger ones who can secure rebounds. But the team in front of us ain't it and it still doesn't solve the team taking on Embiid's personality. Think of it this way - if Brunson had that attitude do we pull that off yesterday?

I don't massively disagree with your point and I'm not going to defend the whining, which is soft...but I do have respect for him putting it all out on the court. We're successfully withstanding that and deciding games after he's gassed...but complaining instead of acting like an adult is a different kind of soft than Allen was last year or Harris just getting punked on the court. That's all I was getting at.

You can win with a whiny leader as long as he's not soft on the court/pitch/ice, AND your other leaders enforce accountability. Like if we had Embiid instead of Juju, we could still pull off that kind of win because the other team leaders compensate for Joel/Ju's shortcomings and both mercurial bigmen play as hard as they can when out there.

Philly doesn't have that Brunson to balance out Joel in the locker-room and there's less accountability coming down to the locker-room.

youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,497

Post#72 » by youngcrev » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:04 pm

First off, eye roll to anyone who thinks the Sixers have nothing to gripe about during that sequence. (Still hate that this thread exists)

...BUT, it's still such a typical issue for this team, and was an AWFUL play by Lowry. He rushed to get the ball when nobody was ready, and then forced a pass instead of calling a timeout. I swear, the second someone puts a Sixers any idea of them being a savy vet disappears. He got lucky in the Heat play-in that there was only .3 on the clock and time right out on his inbounds turnover.
Peregrine01
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,775

Post#73 » by Peregrine01 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:10 pm

Morey's teams have made it a sport to trick refs into blowing the whistle and his team's stars - Harden and Embiid - are the poster-childs of flopping and flailing their way to the line. When everyone knows that the playoffs are reffed differently and especially at the end of games when officials are reluctant to decide games, then they start bitching. Most dislikeable teams in recent memory.

Poetic justice that a team that doesn't resort to cheap tactics and plays tough beat a team that's always trying to grift and complains when the game suddenly gets tougher.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#74 » by Capn'O » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:16 pm

Peregrine01 wrote:Morey's teams have made it a sport to trick refs into blowing the whistle and his team's stars - Harden and Embiid - are the poster-childs of flopping and flailing their way to the line. When everyone knows that the playoffs are reffed differently and especially at the end of games when officials are reluctant to decide games, then they start bitching. Most dislikeable teams in recent memory.

Poetic justice that a team that doesn't resort to cheap tactics and plays tough beat a team that's always trying to grift and complains when the game suddenly gets tougher.

Bingo.

While we're at it, Chris Paul can catch some stays and **** right off too.
BAF Clippers

gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,383

Post#75 » by gavran » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:33 pm

youngcrev wrote:First off, eye roll to anyone who thinks the Sixers have nothing to gripe about during that sequence. (Still hate that this thread exists)

...BUT, it's still such a typical issue for this team, and was an AWFUL play by Lowry. He rushed to get the ball when nobody was ready, and then forced a pass instead of calling a timeout. I swear, the second someone puts a Sixers any idea of them being a savy vet disappears. He got lucky in the Heat play-in that there was only .3 on the clock and time right out on his inbounds turnover.

Don't roll your eyes too much, it will stay that way.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,202

Post#76 » by dolphinatik » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:02 pm

I mean... The Knicks were getting shafted until that final no whistle on Maxey, which was the right call. All those Lowry and Embiid calls were eye rollers. Buy hey JJJ on the Heat was getting mugged every drive to the rim and got no calls so its NBA doing what the NBA does.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#77 » by Capn'O » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:06 pm

cgf wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
cgf wrote:

I don't massively disagree with your point and I'm not going to defend the whining, which is soft...but I do have respect for him putting it all out on the court. We're successfully withstanding that and deciding games after he's gassed...but complaining instead of acting like an adult is a different kind of soft than Allen was last year or Harris just getting punked on the court. That's all I was getting at.

You can win with a whiny leader as long as he's not soft on the court/pitch/ice, AND your other leaders enforce accountability. Like if we had Embiid instead of Juju, we could still pull off that kind of win because the other team leaders compensate for Joel/Ju's shortcomings and both mercurial bigmen play as hard as they can when out there.

Philly doesn't have that Brunson to balance out Joel in the locker-room and there's less accountability coming down to the locker-room.

My point was more to point at the Sixers current identity than rail against Embiid. As others have pointed out, that identity extends up to Morey so I'll cut him that grace. Particularly since it would be up to Morey to obtain some gritty guys who can secure late game possessions.

How much could this team use a Josh Hart, for example?
BAF Clippers

youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,497

Post#78 » by youngcrev » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:12 pm

gavran wrote:
youngcrev wrote:First off, eye roll to anyone who thinks the Sixers have nothing to gripe about during that sequence. (Still hate that this thread exists)

Don't roll your eyes too much, it will stay that way.

Comments like that only make them roll further out of spite! Also

Read on Twitter
ChumboChappati
Junior
And1: 253

Post#79 » by ChumboChappati » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:14 pm

Shaq said that multiple fouls were committed against Maxey but none were called in that sequence.
"Grabbed his shirt, hit him in the head, hit him in the shoulder."

Shaq is saying the same thing which I was saying and I have posted pictures in this thread to prove it. Thank you, Shaq for validating my arguments. :clap:

ChumboChappati
Junior
And1: 253

Post#80 » by ChumboChappati » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:19 pm

All Knicks fans who were not admitting the clear fouls committed against Maxey in this thread, should apologize now. Let Knicks win games fair and square, and not by cheating.

Return to The General Board