Knicks-Sixers L2M for Game 2

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

BloodNinja
Analyst
And1: 5,626

Re: Knicks-Sixers L2M for Game 2 

Post#81 » by BloodNinja » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:54 pm

Playoff basketball baby!
iserp
Junior
And1: 100

Post#82 » by iserp » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:58 pm

I really don't understand why some of you see Nurse calling a timeout during the inbounds. He is clearly with hands raised, NOT signaling a timeout, watching Lowry inbound, and ready to call timeout if they are in danger of a 5 second violation. Once Lowry inbounds, he lowers his hands.

For the 2nd timeout call, it is arguable if Maxey was in hold of the ball at the moment Nurse calls the timeout, but in any case is a split second, and not reasonable for the officials to call.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,274

Post#83 » by cgf » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:59 pm

bebopdeluxe wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Seems like they're both the same. The outcome is predetermined.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

Gosh you Sixers fans are acting like such little babies.

You lost a really good game. It was a physical, tough battle and the refs were letting them play all game. I'll take that over a game where the refs are blowing their whistle over ever little thing. There are still 5 games left. The series ain't over! If we got 5 more games like that and it ends in a Knicks series loss I think we'll look back at this as one of the greatest series ever. If the Knicks lose that, I'll still be very proud of this team and will probably root for the Sixers to get out of the East.

But if you seriously think this is all rigged and the outcomes are pre-determined, then you should just stop watching. Whats the fun in it? I'm being serious. Why would you watch this game and post on a message board if this is really what you believe. What a sad life.

I think YOU need to look in the mirror, be happy that the refs gave the Knicks the game, and move on...instead of starting **** with Sixers fans (and basketball fans in general on this board) who are justifiably frustrated with MULTIPLE ACKNOWEDGED SCREWUPS by the refs that gave the Knicks the game.

That would be the proper move for you (and other Knicks fans).

There were two plays on which they acknowledged screw ups in the final minute. Divincenzo being fouled by Embiid, and Maxey being fouled by Hart/Brunson. If one possession each way is enough to have you outraged and disgusted with the NBA then professional sports with human referees might not be for you :dontknow:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,477

Post#84 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:13 pm

bebopdeluxe wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Seems like they're both the same. The outcome is predetermined.

Gosh you Sixers fans are acting like such little babies.

You lost a really good game. It was a physical, tough battle and the refs were letting them play all game. I'll take that over a game where the refs are blowing their whistle over ever little thing. There are still 5 games left. The series ain't over! If we got 5 more games like that and it ends in a Knicks series loss I think we'll look back at this as one of the greatest series ever. If the Knicks lose that, I'll still be very proud of this team and will probably root for the Sixers to get out of the East.

But if you seriously think this is all rigged and the outcomes are pre-determined, then you should just stop watching. Whats the fun in it? I'm being serious. Why would you watch this game and post on a message board if this is really what you believe. What a sad life.

I think YOU need to look in the mirror, be happy that the refs gave the Knicks the game, and move on...instead of starting **** with Sixers fans (and basketball fans in general on this board) who are justifiably frustrated with MULTIPLE ACKNOWEDGED SCREWUPS by the refs that gave the Knicks the game.

That would be the proper move for you (and other Knicks fans).

:lol:

Again, loser talk. Your team didn’t play hard enough. Had multiple chances to keep this game from going the Knicks way. If the refs made the first call they were supposed to make (Embiid foul on Divo. No call that turned to a Brunson 3), Philly fans would be crying that the refs were trying to keep the Knicks in it. If the refs call Brunson for holding Maxey’s jersey…guess what? They gotta call Oubre and Batum for every time they were holding onto Brunson’s jersey. So which one do you want?

Blame your guys for not boxing out the best offensive rebounder on the floor. For not defending the 3 point line. For hoping the refs would bail them out instead of playing til the final whistle. It’s the playoffs.
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,772

Post#85 » by LordCovington33 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:25 pm

iserp wrote:I really don't understand why some of you see Nurse calling a timeout during the inbounds. He is clearly with hands raised, NOT signaling a timeout, watching Lowry inbound, and ready to call timeout if they are in danger of a 5 second violation. Once Lowry inbounds, he lowers his hands.

For the 2nd timeout call, it is arguable if Maxey was in hold of the ball at the moment Nurse calls the timeout, but in any case is a split second, and not reasonable for the officials to call.

As a Knicks fan, of course you would think that.
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant

Post#86 » by LordCovington33 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:39 pm

It’s hard to remain unbiased as fan of one of the teams, but here I go. It seems Doc was initiating a timeout but Lowry jumped the gun with a quick inbound, so he lowered his hand in two minds. Perhaps if the ref had seen it and confirmed it, things might have been different. But Nurse is to blame here. Blame is squared on him and he seems to diverting attention away from this one F-up. If he desperately wanted it, he needed to be more assertive. Cupping your hand to kinda look like a timeout but not really committing to it during such a crucial part of the game is a big F-up on his part!
Maxey had his jersey pulled - video footage proves this. But refs tend to swallow the whistle in the playoffs. Should be have got the foul? Maybe. But there seemed to be a bit of a push off too when he turned to take the ball. Does one rule out the other? Maybe. But again it’s playoff basketball and you cannot rely on marginal calls to win.

Anyway, good luck to the Knicks fans for the next match. I hope we kick your butt. However, if we don’t and you win, good luck for the rest of the series.
cgf
RealGM

Post#87 » by cgf » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:40 pm

LordCovington33 wrote:
iserp wrote:I really don't understand why some of you see Nurse calling a timeout during the inbounds. He is clearly with hands raised, NOT signaling a timeout, watching Lowry inbound, and ready to call timeout if they are in danger of a 5 second violation. Once Lowry inbounds, he lowers his hands.

We are certainly biased in this, there's no doubt about that. But doesn't it look to you like Nurse was getting ready to call one to avoid a 5-sec violation but didn't want to use his last TO there if he didn't have to? Thus him not completing the T with his hands until the ball is already leaving Lowry's hands, and immediately pulling them apart?

Is that really just our bias? Or does it look that way to you too? Ultimately it doesn't matter too much because the game won't be replayed, the league has released its report, and there's plenty of basketball left to decide the series. But it's good to know for myself when I'm just homer'ing vs when I'm legitimately just seeing something differently than the league office :lol:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

LordCovington33
Lead Assistant

Post#88 » by LordCovington33 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:42 pm

cgf wrote:
LordCovington33 wrote:

We are certainly biased in this, there's no doubt about that. But doesn't it look to you like Nurse was getting ready to call one to avoid a 5-sec violation but didn't want to use his last TO there if he didn't have to? Thus him not completing the T with his hands until the ball is already leaving Lowry's hands, and immediately pulling them apart?

Is that really just our bias? Or does it look that way to you too? Ultimately it doesn't matter too much because the game won't be replayed and the league has released its report. But it's good to know for myself when I'm just homer'ing and when I'm legitimately just seeing something differently than the league office :lol:

Read my next reply.
cgf
RealGM

Post#89 » by cgf » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:47 pm

LordCovington33 wrote:
cgf wrote:
LordCovington33 wrote:As a Knicks fan, of course you would think that.

Is that really just our bias? Or does it look that way to you too? Ultimately it doesn't matter too much because the game won't be replayed and the league has released its report. But it's good to know for myself when I'm just homer'ing and when I'm legitimately just seeing something differently than the league office :lol:

Read my next reply.

Yeah, I must've quoted you while you were typing that, so I only saw it after I had already posted. That's a very fair and reasonable take that I can't really disagree with...other than that line about kicking our butts :lol:

I can understand why refs would have called or not called all the various parts of that sequence, especially with it being late in a playoff game. So didn't feel any of it was too egregious either way...but again, I'm definitely biased lol.

LordCovington33
Lead Assistant

Post#90 » by LordCovington33 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:51 pm

cgf wrote:
LordCovington33 wrote:
cgf wrote:

Read my next reply.

Yeah, I must've quoted you while you were typing that, so I only saw it after I had already posted. That's a very fair and reasonable take that I can't really disagree with...other than that line about kicking our butts :lol:

I can understand why refs would have called or not called all the various parts of that sequence, especially with it being late in a playoff game. So didn't feel any of it was too egregious either way...but again, I'm definitely biased lol.

I have buddies who are avid Knicks fans and we made the journey together to watch the FIBA World Cup in Asia. We have gone back and forth on that last play. I was furious at the time, but I can see both sides now that the dust has settled.
___Rand___
General Manager
And1: 9,924

Post#91 » by ___Rand___ » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:55 pm

ellobo wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
ellobo wrote:
The L2M report does NOT say that Nurse should have been granted the timeout. It says exactly the opposite.

This is part of the Correct No Call explanation of Hart stealing the ball from Maxey at 23.7:

According to the report, the timeout was properly not recognized or granted because the Sixers didn't have possession. I don't see how you can spin this into the report saying the timeout should have been granted.

Sure, the report says that the no calls on Brunson grabbing the Maxey's jersey and Hart making contact with Maxey and causing him to fall were incorrect. But saying the report states Nurse should have gotten the timeout is just wrong. You can disagree with the report, but don't misrepresent what it says.
That's the 2nd attempt. The first attempt was during the inbound. The first attempt was ruled that a. Timeout should have been called.

Nowhere in the L2M report does it say that a timeout should have been granted. The first attempt during the inbound is addressed in the comment on the correct no call ruling on Maxey pushing off on Hart. It says that the attempt to call timeout was not recognized or granted. It never says the timeout SHOULD have been recognized or granted and it is part of a correct no call ruling. An error in not granting a timeout would be an incorrect no call.

Here's the language saying the time out should have been granted (yes NBA lingo is not definitive):

Q4 00:27.2 Foul: Offensive Tyrese Maxey Josh Hart CNC Video
Comment: Maxey (PHI) brings his hands towards Hart (NYK) and marginal contact occurs as Maxey releases away from Hart during the inbound. An attempt to call a timeout by Coach Nurse (PHI) during this play is neither recognized nor granted by the officials.

Here's the language they use when the time out should NOT be granted:

An attempt to call a timeout by Coach Nurse (PHI) during this play is neither recognized nor granted by the officials; the timeout request is simultaneous to Hart making contact with the ball and PHI not having possession.
cgf
RealGM

Post#92 » by cgf » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:57 pm

LordCovington33 wrote:
cgf wrote:
LordCovington33 wrote:Read my next reply.

I have buddies who are avid Knicks fans and we made the journey together to watch the FIBA World Cup in Asia. We have gone back and forth on that last play. I was furious at the time, but I can see both sides now that the dust has settled.

I can't blame you one bit. I try very hard not to complain about the refs because they have a tough job and mistakes tend to balance out over time...so I don't want to end up needing to praise ref mistakes that go in our favor...but I don't have a tough time imagining a sequence like that happening against the knicks infuriating me.

This series has been a ton of fun so far. I just wish we got to see both of these teams at 100%. That would've been such a crazy good series if Joel, Julius, Melton, etc. were all fully healthy.

cgf
RealGM

Post#93 » by cgf » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:03 pm

___Rand___ wrote:
ellobo wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:That's the 2nd attempt. The first attempt was during the inbound. The first attempt was ruled that a. Timeout should have been called.

Nowhere in the L2M report does it say that a timeout should have been granted. The first attempt during the inbound is addressed in the comment on the correct no call ruling on Maxey pushing off on Hart. It says that the attempt to call timeout was not recognized or granted. It never says the timeout SHOULD have been recognized or granted and it is part of a correct no call ruling. An error in not granting a timeout would be an incorrect no call.

Here's the language saying the time out should have been granted (yes NBA lingo is not definitive):

Comment: Maxey (PHI) brings his hands towards Hart (NYK) and marginal contact occurs as Maxey releases away from Hart during the inbound. An attempt to call a timeout by Coach Nurse (PHI) during this play is neither recognized nor granted by the officials.

An attempt to call a timeout by Coach Nurse (PHI) during this play is neither recognized nor granted by the officials; the timeout request is simultaneous to Hart making contact with the ball and PHI not having possession.

Is that the jargon they use? Cause it seems pretty vague about whether that first TO should've been recognized or not...especially given that that entire part of the sequence is labeled as a correct no-call (CNC); which could just be referring to the Maxey push off being a correct no-call but could also mean that everything mentioned in the comment was correctly handled.

PS I can't be the only one who has to giggle every time they read CNC on these reports :lol:

cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,104

Post#94 » by cool007 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:13 pm

Regardless, the outcome is not going to be changed so it's pointless.

I still think the refs SHOULD be held accountable for very blatant missed calls since it has direct impact on the outcome of the game.
Very disappointed by the NBA. One of the main reasons why people are going away from watching the game.
___Rand___
General Manager

Post#95 » by ___Rand___ » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:18 pm

cgf wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:
ellobo wrote:

Is that the jargon they use? Cause it seems pretty vague about whether that first TO should've been recognized or not...especially given that that entire part of the sequence is labeled as a correct no-call (CNC); which could just be referring to the Maxey push off being a correct no-call but could also mean that everything mentioned in the comment was correctly handled.

PS I can't be the only one who has to giggle every time they read CNC on these reports :lol:

Yeah their language is too "officious" or neutral to know clearly if something's wrong or not.

CNC? Damn you kinky mudder. don't know if that discussion is allowed on this board lol. wink wink nudge nudge.
DLTGWH
Sixth Man
And1: 673

Post#96 » by DLTGWH » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:28 pm

Just a thought, but perhaps if Maxey didnt fall down every single time the guy comes near contact, the refs would take his theatrics a bit more serious.

Was there a foul at the end, looks like it. Does the guy (and Embiid for that matter) hunt for calls all game long, yes. Does Brunson do that as well? yes, which is why he doesnt get those calls either (see the half dozen replays where hes blantantly being held).

Free throws were 23-22. If thats "home cooking" for one team, the soup wasn't very flavorful.

The excuses being made by the entire 76ers organization - including coaching, players and fans - to justify a bad choke job are completely out of hand.

It also wasnt the refs fault Nurse or Lowry didnt clearly call a time out when he was struggling the get the ball inbounds. Nurse had his hands close but pulled them back for some unknown reason. Only CLEARLY calling a TO when his player was on the ground fighting for possession. Which was too late.

Not suprised why the 76ers, led by Embiid, always come up short. Terrible leader the guy is. Take some ownership and accountability and learn from it and move forwards.

You lost and the knicks beat you. Play better down the stretch and stop relying on the refs for bailouts. Grab the ball, grab the rebound, make a free throw. These are fundamental things people...
cgf
RealGM

Post#97 » by cgf » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:29 pm

___Rand___ wrote:
cgf wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:

Yeah their language is too "officious" or neutral to know clearly if something's wrong or not.

CNC? Damn you kinky mudder. don't know if that discussion is allowed on this board lol. wink wink nudge nudge.

It does make it hard not to feel like these reports are more about quelling complaints than anything else when they tend to only acknowledge errors when one team is outraged and the obfuscate everything with unclear wording & formatting, so that the maximal number of people can interpret the reports in the way they want too.

Refs have an impossible job, but I do wish that more big sports leagues had a third party managing the quality of the refs. I'm spoiled as a Bundesliga fan...mistakes still happen, but in general refs are very consistent; even if "star calls" are a thing in every sport...

And lol, what can I say. I'm a very kind & understanding guy who has always appreciated different perspectives and enjoyed satiating the women in my life...but my putita likes what she likes. Plus...how am I not supposed to laugh when I see the words "Tyrese Maxey Josh Hart CNC Video" :lol: :lol: :lol:

___Rand___
General Manager

Post#98 » by ___Rand___ » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:53 pm

cgf wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:
cgf wrote:

It does make it hard not to feel like these reports are more about quelling complaints than anything else when they tend to only acknowledge errors when one team is outraged and the obfuscate everything with unclear wording & formatting, so that the maximal number of people can interpret the reports in the way they want too.

Refs have an impossible job, but I do wish that more big sports leagues had a third party managing the quality of the refs. I'm spoiled as a Bundesliga fan...mistakes still happen, but in general refs are very consistent; even if "star calls" are a thing in every sport...

And lol, what can I say. I'm a very kind & understanding guy who has always appreciated different perspectives and enjoyed satiating the women in my life...but my putita likes what she likes. Plus...how am I not supposed to laugh when I see the words "Tyrese Maxey Josh Hart CNC Video" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well that's just it. It is about quelling complaints. Sometimes the teams just want acknowledgement that refs fudged up and they can move on - also this is about clarification of rules. Otherwise interpretations become a problem.

yea I noticed CNC is hugely popular with young women. Older women never requests this. I'd like to hear your theories on why that is - send me a PM!
cgf
RealGM

Post#99 » by cgf » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:27 pm

___Rand___ wrote:
cgf wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:

Well that's just it. It is about quelling complaints. Sometimes the teams just want acknowledgement that refs fudged up and they can move on - also this is about clarification of rules. Otherwise interpretations become a problem.

yea I noticed CNC is hugely popular with young women. Older women never requests this. I'd like to hear your theories on why that is - send me a PM!

True...I just wish they did a better job of the clarifying the rules part. Like I still would like an explanation for why the contact on Hart was marginal when Maxey initiates the contact, extends both arms, and Hart gets thrown off balance by it.

Not saying that they're wrong to call that a correct non-call but the fouls on Maxey incorrect non-calls; I just want to understand why for my own edification.

***If this OT tangent isn't board appropriate, can a mod let me know and we'll take this to PM's if there's anything more to be said***

Having talked about this with a lot of the girls that were into and many of my platonic female friends...and having had sketchy experiences of my own with an older girl when I was entirely too young...my best understanding is that (like everything in life) it's a combination of many factors, but (arguably) the biggest are:

Porn getting more violent & more girls watching extreme porn at very young ages; it playing into the age gap thing; and...not just how many women have either experienced real sexual violence/abuse for themselves, or had someone close to them affected by it...but how much more aware they are of how common place it is amongst all groups of women.

So, like most kinks (if explored with a trustworthy partner*), it can provide a safe environment in which to play through similar experiences. Either for catharsis about an ever-present fear, or to be able to interact with those experience that have been bottled up without being utterly overwhelmed.

Plus it plays on that connection between fear & arousal that can be formed when your formative sexual experiences are unwanted & terrifying.

*which itself is a major gamble in the bdsm world...there are just sooooo many narcissistic little boys that call themselves doms instead of the scum that they really are...

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,345

Post#100 » by blueNorange » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:27 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=6rskMP22ib9Gcn7bulfaTg
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.

Return to The General Board