Should The Suns Sell High On Kd & Booker if they lose in the 1st round

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Godymas
Veteran
And1: 2,282

Re: Should The Suns Sell High On Kd & Booker if they lose in the 1st round 

Post#121 » by Godymas » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:45 pm

because the Suns traded for the worst contract in the league in Bradley Beal, what is there that they could POSSIBLY do in the off-season to improve their odds other than looking for desperate guys willing to sign a vet minimum?

It seems unbelievable that their FO has managed to ruin the window of winning with their star player by making colossal mistakes.
Tottery
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,375

Post#122 » by Tottery » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:54 pm

Suns would've been better with CP3, Ayton, Booker, KD, and Bridges. Current team doesn't complement each other. I'd keep Booker and KD, but toss the rest.
In-N-Out 247
Junior
And1: 237

Post#123 » by In-N-Out 247 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:15 pm

What about Houston as a dark horse option?
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,994

Post#124 » by Wingy » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:36 pm

Exp0sed wrote:KD will be 36 by the time next season starts and his resume will show 3 straight first rd exits
they're not getting much in return..

I think a good debate can be waged on how much of a positive asset KD is given age, salary and injury history.

Really only a few niche places that make sense and he’d actually want to be there, AND the team can take on the salary. Philly’s the only team I can think of where it could work with all those stars aligning.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 766

Post#125 » by HadAnEffectHere » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:40 pm

Wingy wrote:
Exp0sed wrote:KD will be 36 by the time next season starts and his resume will show 3 straight first rd exits

I think a good debate can be waged on how much of a positive asset KD is given age, salary and injury history.

Really only a few niche places that make sense and he’d actually want to be there, AND the team can take on the salary. Philly’s the only team I can think of where it could work with all those stars aligning.

? KD is a horrible fit with the 76ers because he isos way too much and is a lot worse at it than Embiid so he wouldn't help that much. It's easily the Knicks as his best fit.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,919

Post#126 » by Larry_Russell » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:56 pm

suns need to move beal for anything they can possibly get and try again.

The beal trade was awful and made no sense at all.
Wingy
RealGM

Post#127 » by Wingy » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:58 pm

In-N-Out 247 wrote:What about Houston as a dark horse option?

They could work a trade and provide a solid situation, but not a legit contender. KD’s not a championship #1 anymore, and I doubt the kids will be ready for prime time before he declines even more.

I guess if they toss a ton of picks to acquire another big name, maybe that gets them in the conversation.
Wingy
RealGM

Post#128 » by Wingy » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:00 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:? KD is a horrible fit with the 76ers because he isos way too much and is a lot worse at it than Embiid so he wouldn't help that much. It's easily the Knicks as his best fit.

Maybe? Do they want all the iso and want to take the ball out of Brunson’s hands a ton for an increasingly less efficient player?

Sounds like a splashy NY move, but if I were a Knicks fan, I’d hope they try for a more sustainable move.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man

Post#129 » by HadAnEffectHere » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:08 pm

Wingy wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:? KD is a horrible fit with the 76ers because he isos way too much and is a lot worse at it than Embiid so he wouldn't help that much. It's easily the Knicks as his best fit.

Maybe? Do they want all the iso and want to take the ball out of Brunson’s hands a ton for an increasingly less efficient player?

Sounds like a splashy NY move, but if I were a Knicks fan, I’d hope they try for a more sustainable move.

The Knicks have like zero options other than Brunson so Durant fits there.
hauntedcomputer
Veteran
And1: 3,856

Post#130 » by hauntedcomputer » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:08 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:suns need to move beal for anything they can possibly get and try again.

The beal trade was awful and made no sense at all.

Beal has a no-trade clause. The teams he would waive it for don't want him.
+++
Schadenfreude is undefeated.

sixers4real wrote:Okay, GB, I hate you, but I’m bored.
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 5,948

Post#131 » by Exp0sed » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:39 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:
Wingy wrote:

? KD is a horrible fit with the 76ers because he isos way too much and is a lot worse at it than Embiid so he wouldn't help that much. It's easily the Knicks as his best fit.

100%, Philly is an awful fit and Embiid isn't built for the playoffs, he can barely get there in one piece
the knicks would be sick..that's an awesome fit
In-N-Out 247
Junior

Post#132 » by In-N-Out 247 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 pm

Exp0sed wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:
Wingy wrote:

100%, Philly is an awful fit and Embiid isn't built for the playoffs, he can barely get there in one piece

What would a Durant to the Knicks trade look like?

I assume the Suns would want no part of Randle, but they do have other good pieces - Robinson, DiVincenzo, Hart, OG (opted in) and Bogdanovic (salary filler but also a useful player). Maybe two of DiVincenzo, Robinson or Hart along with Bogdanovic could work
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man

Post#133 » by HadAnEffectHere » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:03 pm

In-N-Out 247 wrote:
Exp0sed wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:

I assume the Suns would want no part of Randle, but they do have other good pieces - Robinson, DiVincenzo, Hart, OG (opted in) and Bogdanovic (salary filler but also a useful player). Maybe two of DiVincenzo, Robinson or Hart along with Bogdanovic could work

It would be Randle and Mitch Robinson for Durant, but Randle would have to be moved to a 3rd team for a PG.
In-N-Out 247
Junior

Post#134 » by In-N-Out 247 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:14 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:
In-N-Out 247 wrote:
Exp0sed wrote:

It would be Randle and Mitch Robinson for Durant, but Randle would have to be moved to a 3rd team for a PG.

Is there anybody in the league that would want Randle? I can't think of anyone and for sure nobody that would give up any value
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 5,948

Post#135 » by Exp0sed » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:46 pm

In-N-Out 247 wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:
In-N-Out 247 wrote:

Is there anybody in the league that would want Randle? I can't think of anyone and for sure nobody that would give up any value

Randle would be there for salary purposes, the main haul would be picks. do the Knicks own their picks?
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,864

Post#136 » by JustBuzzin » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:00 pm

Hear me out.

Suns need a true pg.

Assuming Charlotte lands the #1 pick.

How does LaMelo/#1 pick/Mavs 1st Rd pick, Heat 1st Rd pick for Booker sounds?

You can't get any better than that for the Suns. They can still contend with KD while also getting a better fit with Beal. They also get some future assets down the line. They get their future back basically while also having the ability to contend with LaMelo.
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,021

Post#137 » by R-DAWG » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:20 pm

You don't trade 28 year old top-10 players with 4 years of team control

Trading KD for a talent downgrade plus rebuilding pieces in an effort to rebuild around Booker is a different conversation
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,605

Post#138 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:36 pm

R-DAWG wrote:You don't trade 28 year old top-10 players with 4 years of team control

Trading KD for a talent downgrade plus rebuilding pieces in an effort to rebuild around Booker is a different conversation

You can't rebuild around a 28 year-old. Booker also isn't in that "superstar" tier where he can be the best player on a championship team. He needs another player who is better than him on the team (or at least on the same level). Adding those types of players is nearly impossible. You can either trade for an aging vet (like they did for KD, but we're seeing the results of that right now, and it's not enough), they could sign someone in free agency (the NBA sees very little player movement in free agency, and it also requires clearing cap space), or they could draft that player (good luck finding them in the mid-teens, and if you do find them, by the time they develop, Booker will be in his mid 30s and on the decline).

The Suns should rebuild IMO.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,164

Post#139 » by spanishninja » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:52 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
R-DAWG wrote:You don't trade 28 year old top-10 players with 4 years of team control

You can't rebuild around a 28 year-old. Booker also isn't in that "superstar" tier where he can be the best player on a championship team. He needs another player who is better than him on the team (or at least on the same level). Adding those types of players is nearly impossible. You can either trade for an aging vet (like they did for KD, but we're seeing the results of that right now, and it's not enough), they could sign someone in free agency (the NBA sees very little player movement in free agency, and it also requires clearing cap space), or they could draft that player (good luck finding them in the mid-teens, and if you do find them, by the time they develop, Booker will be in his mid 30s and on the decline).

The Suns should rebuild IMO.

to me the problem with booker is clearly that he doesn't have the top-dawg demeanor to lead a championship team. He is way too laid back, whether it is just him or some kind of act to make himself seem more of a cool cucumber. If it's the latter, the charade isn't working. He just seems apathetic.
Wingy
RealGM

Post#140 » by Wingy » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:54 pm

In-N-Out 247 wrote:
Exp0sed wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:

This is the exact kind of trade that takes a good team with strong chemistry and wrecking balls it for the worse by removing several good players that make the team good and trading them out for an aging star. Like LA and the Westbrook trade.

Maybe KD works well on the court in a vacuum being dropped in out of nowhere and added to the current roster, but how does it work once you consider reality and salary matching? This isn’t the GSW and the one-off cap spike.

Agree with In N Out that I doubt the Suns would want to take on Randle. Might as well just keep KD at that point. Then if NY trades all those really good, but lesser name players for KD (they would have to for salary match) they’ve completely lost their identity and become more like Suns East. At least NY would have pick assets to build unlike PHX, but still. Def not the guy I target if I’m the Knicks. KD’s name is way disproportionate to his game at this stage of his career.

Return to The General Board