Will Kevin Durant get traded?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,614

Re: Will Kevin Durant get traded? 

Post#61 » by Meat » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:42 pm

Slimjimzv wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
Slimjimzv wrote:
The reputation? The self-doubt? The squandering of elite talent? He spent a decade as a top 5 (and often top 1 or 2) player in the NBA. The scoring titles, all star games, millions of dollars, etc., were going to happen under any circumstance other than injury. He won two rings that he gets little to no credit for. If you think someone of his ability actually maximized it, then you have a different opinion of his ability. He could have been recognized as an all-time great who changed the game. Right now, one of the top responses to "what do you think of Kevin Durant" is that he's soft, a sell-out, a ring-chaser, and a cup cake. Yeah, I suspect he'd like to change that.

Did he tell you this? :lol:

I think fans wish he did something different so he would be looked at higher in their eyes. KD will always be looked at as an all time great in his own era. Change the game? He did. There's more 6'9-7ft + players with guard skills now then there was when he entered the league in 2008.

No. That's why I said "I suspect".

No more it's like you wish, we've seen enough players on podcasts speaking for themselves, they don't care what you think
ghillphx
Junior
And1: 421

Post#62 » by ghillphx » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:44 pm

LaLover11 wrote:If you're the Suns and can trade Kevin Durant
What trade makes sense for him?

As a Suns fan who didn't want Durant in the first place, YES, hopefully they trade him. Bc f*** this s***
Slimjimzv
Junior
And1: 269

Post#63 » by Slimjimzv » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:44 pm

Meat wrote:
Slimjimzv wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
Did he tell you this? :lol:

I think fans wish he did something different so he would be looked at higher in their eyes. KD will always be looked at as an all time great in his own era. Change the game? He did. There's more 6'9-7ft + players with guard skills now then there was when he entered the league in 2008.

No. That's why I said "I suspect".

No more it's like you wish, we've seen enough players on podcasts speaking for themselves, they don't care what you think

What?! The players don't care what I think? I'm crushed. I also don't "wish" for anyone to experience regret and self-doubt. That being said, I guess it's fair, that they don't care what I think, because I really don't care what you think. Appreciate you being aggressively rude about it, though.
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,800

Post#64 » by RoyceDa59 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:45 pm

I’d imagine they’ll give it one more season.

If they trade KD might as well trade Booker, Beal and rebuild from start.
Go Raps!!
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,219

Post#65 » by sol537 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:46 pm

Suns should blow it up completely and do a total rebuild... but they won't...
ghillphx
Junior
And1: 421

Post#66 » by ghillphx » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:48 pm

LaLover11 wrote:If you're the Suns and can trade Kevin Durant
What trade makes sense for him?

As a Suns fan who didn't want Durant in the first place, YES, hopefully they trade him. Bc f*** this s***
phanman
General Manager
And1: 8,440

Post#67 » by phanman » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:52 pm

Slimjimzv wrote:KD needs to invent a time machine and undo most of the career decisions he's made.

It really is just one decision. The one where his ego wouldn't allow Steph to get the shine he deserves after going back to back. Winning the FMVP wasn't enough for him and he proceeded to pout and remain noncommittal that entire final year which culminated in his injury and departure to Brooklyn. If he had stuck it out, eventually he would have become just as well regarded as the big 3 now and probably even surpass Draymond with all his antics recently.

For a guy so concerned with his legacy and apparently all about basketball, he really let the outside voices negatively impact his career decisions. Everything post Golden State has been a disaster. 2020 would have been a lost season, but can you really sit there and argue that the 2021 Dubs team + Durant couldn't have won it too? Then the Dubs actually win another one with him and I think his time gets a bit tainted and will truly be remembered as a mercenary when his career is over.

Considering what the Suns gave up, he's not going anywhere. He's not worth what was given up to get him and the cat's out the bag, this guy is not someone you want to lead your franchise. Chemistry issues have followed him at every stop.
JKiddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 326

Post#68 » by JKiddy » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:20 pm

If KD could go back into a time machine and be 29 and healthy the Nets would trade for him. But, even though he was the least problematic of "The Big 3" I doubt they would do anything unless they got an insane deal now.
GunnerWRX
Veteran
And1: 1,298

Post#69 » by GunnerWRX » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:28 pm

The Warriors will trade Wiggins for KD for round 2.
chilluminati
Starter
And1: 4,003

Post#70 » by chilluminati » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:56 pm

Airmiess wrote:Instead of lobbying for high level role players and bench support, these morons like KD think just having a few big names is enough insurance to contend, its the definition of insanity atp. Wherever he goes he's going to try to make it happen again.

Absolutely this. Star stacking rarely works because it ruins the teams skill floor. Any competent team builder would understand the concept of "spreading yourself too thin".
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,093

Post#71 » by Laimbeer » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:08 am

Something around KD for Kyrie?
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,557

Re: Will Durant get traded? 

Post#72 » by lonzo_pelota » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:03 am

JustBuzzin wrote:He's most likely if they decide to go that route. They clearly don't fit as a trio.

Guess who has a boat load of picks and young assets?

KD the return to OKC!

minus well go after russ & harden this summer to :noway:
NBA4Lyfe
Veteran
And1: 1,651

Post#73 » by NBA4Lyfe » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:05 am

glorified george gervin, he’d be ringless had he not gone to the warriors
joeschmo
Junior
And1: 400

Post#74 » by joeschmo » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:20 am

Frank Dux wrote:Miami Heat.

Ha, we wouldnt take that clown
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,863

Post#75 » by JustBuzzin » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:21 am

lonzo_pelota wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:He's most likely if they decide to go that route. They clearly don't fit as a trio.

Guess who has a boat load of picks and young assets?

KD the return to OKC!

minus well go after russ & harden this summer to :noway:

Rich Paul and Adele can get together anything is possible right? 8-)
76ersForLife
Junior
And1: 371

Post#76 » by 76ersForLife » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:04 am

Maybe the 76ers. The #1's they got in the Harden deal plus Paul Reed and some filler. I think the 76ers could absorb most of his salary with the cap space they will have this summer so that might be appealing to the Suns.
TacoLord
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,254

Post#77 » by TacoLord » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:36 am

Send him to the Rockets for Fred Van Vleet! The Suns need a point guard, right? Then Harden can come back to the Rockets as a free agent to play with his buddy, and fill out that team. Maybe Westbrook would come too and play 6th man. Could be a lot of fun for a reunion in Houston with all their young talent.
kieferli
Analyst
And1: 4,089

Post#78 » by kieferli » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:58 am

back to warriors :lol:
Credit:Clutch0z24
Rustyman
Junior
And1: 292

Post#79 » by Rustyman » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:20 am

I would like the Spurs to trade for KD.
- Keldon Johnstone (which will help them with driving to the basket)
- Zach Collins which will give them size inside and can shoot from outside.
- Devonte Graham (can be cut for under $3m)
- 2x first round picks.

Reasons for the Spurs:
- The need scoring, especially outside scoring and they need some veteran guidance
- Keldon and Zach do not fit around Victor but they are good players on good contracts
- Spurs have too many FRP's and need to cash in on some of them.

Reason for the Suns:
- The current team construction does not work and is not providing value at a +$200 million salary bill
- Beal is untradeable with his salary and level of skill at this stage of his career.
- Hopefully do the deal in such a way which brings their salary to a level where they can use their MLE.

This deal in no way is equal in skill and the Spurs run the risk that KD drops off even more over the next two years where he has to be paid +$100M but it is a risk that I think the Spurs can and should take. That's why I am also open to any high-level vet who plays SF/SG/PG. The Spurs need to qualify for the playoffs next year to maximise Wemby's development.

They might not be a contender in the next two years but I expect them to be a playoff team.
CodeBreaker
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,294

Post#80 » by CodeBreaker » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:24 am

Trade him for Wiggins, Kuminga, Moody

Return to The General Board