Bow Down to Spo. "Again??" Yes, Again

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

picc
RealGM
And1: 17,997

Re: Bow Down to Spo. "Again??" Yes, Again 

Post#41 » by picc » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:45 am

MrBigShot wrote:The gap between Spo and the 2nd best coach in the league right now is massive

Ironically I think Udoka is up there.

If the Celtics still had him they might be up 2-0.
ChipotleWest
Veteran
And1: 2,511

Re: Bow Down to Spo. 

Post#42 » by ChipotleWest » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:47 am

Raps in 4 wrote:Spo might be the greatest coach of all time.

Who's supposed to win?

32 year old Dirk
old Kidd
old Marion

or

Prime Lebron
Prime Bosh
Prime Wade

It's either those Lebron is an overrated choker or Spo is actually not the greatest coach of all time.
playoffs
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,954

Post#43 » by playoffs » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:47 am

Trey24 wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:If Lebron stayed with Spo and the Heat after 2014, does he win more or less than 2 rings?

Remember when Lebron tried to get Spo fired?

Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,984

Post#44 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:49 am

Way too soon.
picc
RealGM
And1: 17,997

Post#45 » by picc » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:51 am

ChipotleWest wrote:

Who's supposed to win?

32 year old Dirk
old Kidd
old Marion

or

Prime Lebron
Prime Bosh
Prime Wade

It's either those Lebron is an overrated choker or Spo is actually not the greatest coach of all time.

More to it than that.

- Rick Carlisle is also one of the best coaches of all time
- Spo was a third year coach at the time. Lebron wasn't Lebron in his third year either
- Lebron did massively choke
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 21,048

Post#46 » by AussieCeltic » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:53 am

nate33 wrote:Every Coach of the Year award this decade was really just the "Coach of the Year not counting Spo".

Best coach in the league for sure. But let’s not act like the Heat weren’t a major disappointment in the regular season.

He didn’t deserve COY this season.
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,111
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#47 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:54 am

ChipotleWest wrote:

Who's supposed to win?

32 year old Dirk
old Kidd
old Marion

or

Prime Lebron
Prime Bosh
Prime Wade

Idk if he is an overrated choker in totality, but LeBron massively failed on an individual level in ways unrelated to coaching.

Lebron probably has at least 4, and probably more rings if he stuck it out wirh the Heat tbh.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
ChipotleWest
Veteran

Post#48 » by ChipotleWest » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:57 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

Who's supposed to win?

32 year old Dirk
old Kidd
old Marion

or

Prime Lebron
Prime Bosh
Prime Wade

Idk if he is an overrated choker in totality, but LeBron massively failed on an individual level in ways unrelated to coaching.

Lebron probably has at least 4, and probably more rings if he stuck it out wirh the Heat tbh.

I thought the narrative was he went back to Cleveland because Wade was past his prime. That's what I was told by Lebron lovers which he and his team got shellacked by the Spurs 4-1 by a record margin of point diffential.

This is why I'm being attacked left and right that I say 2014 Spurs were an average champion, it REALLY makes Lebron look bad. Can't have that.
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 17,009

Post#49 » by Shock Defeat » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:08 am

FarBeyondDriven wrote:
Shock Defeat wrote:Spo and Udoka are some of the best coaches. As a rockets fan I'm thankful for that front office execs wife who had an affair with Ime lol

He led you guys to that impressive .500 record and couldn't even make the play-in. Impressive stuff from Ime. Seriously, is anyone more overrated than Ime at this point? He inherited one of the best young bigs in the game (Sengun), recent top 3 picks in Smith and Green, Eason, draft picks Thompson and Whitmore and they went out and spent money and resources to add Brooks and VanVleet and a .500 record is all Ime was able to accomplish despite all the injuries and tanking that happened in the West?

And he only got to .500 because of their easy schedule in March:

Clippers sat all their starters last game of the season
Bulls
Wizards x 2
Jazz x 2
Spurs x 2
Trailblazers X 3

He's a fraud. Let's revisit this conversation next offseason. You'll come around.

He made the NBA finals in his only season coaching Boston.

Sengun was injured in March

How many games did you expect the rockets to win this season?
ScrantonBulls
Senior
And1: 906

Post#50 » by ScrantonBulls » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:11 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
ScrantonBulls wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:Old Dirk + other old guys beat Spo + Lebron + Bosh + Wade, damn they were good.

You also think the 2014 Spurs are an average champion. That pretty much epitomizes your takes.

So I see you stalk my posts but are too afraid sometimes to comment? You could have brought up your rebuttal in that thread but you wait, it's because you know you aren't good at disproving someone with facts on the spot you have to wait a day or two later and just put in a petty insult. You are really one of the worst posters here. Just go around being negative about what other people post all the time but when it comes to what you post it's garbage.

They were an average champion, no one higher than 16 ppg. I'm pretty sure that hasn't been done since before the merger.

I responded to you in that thread and you never responded back, son.
ChipotleWest
Veteran

Post#51 » by ChipotleWest » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:12 am

ScrantonBulls wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
ScrantonBulls wrote:You also think the 2014 Spurs are an average champion. That pretty much epitomizes your takes.

So I see you stalk my posts but are too afraid sometimes to comment? You could have brought up your rebuttal in that thread but you wait, it's because you know you aren't good at disproving someone with facts on the spot you have to wait a day or two later and just put in a petty insult. You are really one of the worst posters here. Just go around being negative about what other people post all the time but when it comes to what you post it's garbage.

They were an average champion, no one higher than 16 ppg. I'm pretty sure that hasn't been done since before the merger.

They were a great defense but so was the 2004 Pistons no one slobbers over them. The narrative is meant to make Lebron look less bad for getting destroyed in the Finals.

I'm tired of you Lebron slobberers with all your excuses. I'm done.
ScrantonBulls
Senior

Post#52 » by ScrantonBulls » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:16 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
ScrantonBulls wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

They were a great defense but so was the 2004 Pistons no one slobbers over them. The narrative is meant to make Lebron look less bad for getting destroyed in the Finals.

I'm tired of you Lebron slobberers with all your excuses. I'm done.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,797

Post#53 » by marson » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:18 am

Hypothetically speaking, If we switch our coaches, then the Celtics would've had 2–3 titles by now.

Tatum and Brown's potential would be unlocked so hard by Spo. I'm quite jealous they have this all talent, but they can't do **** about it. ALL HAIL SPOELSTRA
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,797

Post#54 » by marson » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:19 am

picc wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

Who's supposed to win?

32 year old Dirk
old Kidd
old Marion

or

Prime Lebron
Prime Bosh
Prime Wade

More to it than that.

- Spo was a third year coach at the time. Lebron wasn't Lebron in his third year either

Thank you for the added context. Seriously some posters here need to check the history first
ChipotleWest
Veteran

Post#55 » by ChipotleWest » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:20 am

marson wrote:
picc wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
Who's supposed to win?

32 year old Dirk
old Kidd
old Marion

or

Prime Lebron
Prime Bosh
Prime Wade

More to it than that.

Thank you for the added context. Seriously some posters here need to check the history first

You got beat down by an old team with 1 star while you had 3, one was what some call the "GOAT". I know it still hurts but it doesn't change anything to deny it it happened.
ScrantonBulls
Senior

Post#56 » by ScrantonBulls » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:33 am

marson wrote:
picc wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
Who's supposed to win?

32 year old Dirk
old Kidd
old Marion

or

Prime Lebron
Prime Bosh
Prime Wade

More to it than that.

He doesn't look at context. That word isn't even in his dictionary. He's the type of guy that looks at PPG and thinks AI was the best player in the league at one time.
ChipotleWest
Veteran

Post#57 » by ChipotleWest » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:34 am

ScrantonBulls wrote:
marson wrote:
picc wrote:
More to it than that.

He doesn't look at context. That word isn't even in his dictionary. He's the type of guy that looks at PPG and thinks AI was the best player in the league at one time.

When are you going to change your username and avatar? You're a fake Jordan fan who slobbers over Lebron.

See I actually always put Jordan as the GOAT while you go around defending Lebron in every one of your posts practically for some reason. And I wasn't even a Jordan fan I never rooted for the Bulls in my life.

Notice when I said what you're doing is just defending Lebron when it comes to the 2014 Spurs you just laughed you didn't deny it because that's what your doing. Stop pretending just put a Lebron avatar.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,889

Post#58 » by NZB2323 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:09 am

Trey24 wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:If Lebron stayed with Spo and the Heat after 2014, does he win more or less than 2 rings?

Remember when Lebron tried to get Spo fired?

Yes. Every franchise says they want to be like the Spurs or Heat, but other franchises make the coach the fall guy if the team underperforms.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,330

Post#59 » by rilamann » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:16 am

nate33 wrote:Every Coach of the Year award this decade was really just the "Coach of the Year not counting Spo".

Every coach since 2008 who has accepted their ''Coach of the year'' trophy, owes coach Spo a hand written apology.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,330

Post#60 » by rilamann » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:20 am

Bow down, when Spo comes to your town.

Bow down, when Spo is Boston bound.

Bow down, cause Spo ain't a hater like you.

Bow down to a coach that's greater than you.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****

Return to The General Board