Name this stat.

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 7,869

Name this stat. 

Post#1 » by AleksandarN » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:50 pm

Let’s start a game. Who knows might be fun. Take turns coming up with a playoff stat this year and you have to guess what player or team.

I will start

11 pts
0 rebs

In the 4th quarter combined in the playoffs this season. Who is it?
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,664

Re: Name this stat. 

Post#2 » by Ice Man » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:26 pm

Presumably somebody who is known for rebounding. I will say Embiid. [Checks] Yeah, probably right, as he was 6/0 in the 4th of Game 2. But I am too lazy to go through the play by play for Game 1.

I can't dog Embiid for that. He's playing on one leg and that very much shows. It's to Philly's credit that the Sixers were very much in both games, given how much its superstar has been hampered.
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#3 » by AleksandarN » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:49 pm

Ice Man wrote:Presumably somebody who is known for rebounding. I will say Embiid. [Checks] Yeah, probably right, as he was 6/0 in the 4th of Game 2. But I am too lazy to go through the play by play for Game 1.

I can't dog Embiid for that. He's playing on one leg and that very much shows. It's to Philly's credit that the Sixers were very much in both games, given how much its superstar has been hampered.

Philly deserves all the hate when Embiid knee buckles again and tears something. They are trash organization by letting Embiid comeback. They don’t care because he puts people in the seats. The 76ers know they are taking a risk with him coming back this quick. He is not healthy at all. He is not in game shape that’s how injuries happens when you push yourself when you are not 100 percent healthy. Stupid 76ers
holdenwait
Sixth Man
And1: 1,732

Post#4 » by holdenwait » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:50 pm

maaan I thought we were gonna get to name a new stat category. whatever it was, really wanted to name it Zoink.. inspired choice, I know.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,625

Post#5 » by dhsilv2 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:53 pm

Ice Man wrote:Presumably somebody who is known for rebounding. I will say Embiid. [Checks] Yeah, probably right, as he was 6/0 in the 4th of Game 2. But I am too lazy to go through the play by play for Game 1.

Basketball reference and NBA.com I believe both let you see the box score by quarter if you're ever digging like that in the future.
tcheco
Sixth Man
And1: 1,126

Post#6 » by tcheco » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:55 pm

holdenwait wrote:maaan I thought we were gonna get to name a new stat category. whatever it was, really wanted to name it Zoink.. inspired choice, I know.

had the same idea, not zoink, but the jist of the thread.

But it was just a slight jab at Embiid, so oh well.

points per game adjusted to the number of possesions a team has per game should be a fun new stat(or does it exist already?)
Should help differentiate the impact between players in teams with different paces? Or half court ppg vs transition ppg.

Heck so much potencial

Zoink
ChiTownHero1992
Starter
And1: 1,511

Post#7 » by ChiTownHero1992 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:22 pm

holdenwait wrote:maaan I thought we were gonna get to name a new stat category. whatever it was, really wanted to name it Zoink.. inspired choice, I know.

Isn't this just the proper term for Shaqtin a Fool Appearances aka the Javale McGee award
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#8 » by AleksandarN » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:49 pm

ChiTownHero1992 wrote:

Isn't this just the proper term for Shaqtin a Fool Appearances aka the Javale McGee award

Jokic deserves to be on the Shaqtin a Fool playoff addition when he tried to get a foul on that shot late in the game.
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,741

Post#9 » by Clav » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:56 pm

AleksandarN wrote:Let’s start a game. Who knows might be fun. Take turns coming up with a playoff stat this year and you have to guess what player or team.

I will start

11 pts
0 rebs

Who is MPJ ? I am guessing :lol: I have no idea except that you are a Nuggets fan, maybe ?
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#10 » by AleksandarN » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:06 pm

Clav wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:Let’s start a game. Who knows might be fun. Take turns coming up with a playoff stat this year and you have to guess what player or team.

I will start

11 pts
0 rebs

Who is MPJ ? I am guessing :lol: I have no idea except that you are a Nuggets fan, maybe ?

Hey I have no problem criticizing a Nuggets player. But no it is not MPJ
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,111

Post#11 » by Lalouie » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:06 pm

I will start

11 pts
0 rebs

lebrob?,,,,davis?,,,,ingram?,,,,
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#12 » by AleksandarN » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:09 pm

Lalouie wrote:

I will start

11 pts
0 rebs

lebrob?,,,,davis?,,,,ingram?,,,,

An injured Embiid. 76ers organization is shameless
Rendei
Sixth Man
And1: 2,479

Post#13 » by Rendei » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:30 pm

tcheco wrote:

points per game adjusted to the number of possesions a team has per game should be a fun new stat(or does it exist already?)
Should help differentiate the impact between players in teams with different paces? Or half court ppg vs transition ppg.

Heck so much potencial

Zoink

You're looking for the "Per 100 possessions" category of stats. It exists.

I'm not against calling it Zoink.
tcheco
Sixth Man
And1: 1,126

Post#14 » by tcheco » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:38 pm

Rendei wrote:
tcheco wrote:

Heck so much potencial

Zoink

You're looking for the "Per 100 possessions" category of stats. It exists.

don't really like it as much as it doesn't paint a clear picture for me for players on limited minutes. Maybe it gives the answer I'm looking at, but not quite as I'd want.

Thought about this after the reid x monk 6moty thread, where reid scored less points per game than monk, but I figured wolves play at a slower pace than Kings?(haven't checked that). So him having less points is expected. 100 possesions gives the answer I'm looking, but might not translate so easy to casuals. Or maybe I should just go back to work instead of imagining new stats

Return to The General Board