Steph Curry wins 2nd annual Jerry West Clutch Player Award

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,154

Re: Steph Curry wins 2nd annual Jerry West Clutch Player Award 

Post#61 » by DonaldSanders » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:08 am

KyRo23 wrote:I love the "gotcha" moment requoting me. I know what I said. I said game winners. Still 0

Bro, you're triggered from the Laker loss. Time to log off, we're talking a regular season award, no better than LeBron's fart in the wind in season tournament stuff. Just stop and appreciate the little things instead of hating.
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,131

Post#62 » by KyRo23 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:10 am

DonaldSanders wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:I love the "gotcha" moment requoting me. I know what I said. I said game winners. Still 0

Bro, you're triggered from the Laker loss. Time to log off, we're talking a regular season award, no better than LeBron's fart in the wind in season tournament stuff. Just stop and appreciate the little things instead of hating.

You clearly missed all of my posts in the game thread :lol: I am anything but triggered from that loss. Talkin out of your ass right this second

Which is worse, impending 0-12 Lakers vs Nuggets after Saturday or 0-12 Curry game winners? World may never know
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant

Post#63 » by DonaldSanders » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:15 am

KyRo23 wrote:
You clearly missed all of my posts in the game thread :lol: I am anything but triggered from that loss. Talkin out of your ass right this second

Which is worse, impending 0-12 Lakers vs Nuggets after Saturday or 0-12 Curry game winners? World may never know

These little in season awards are just a bit of fun. If you want to show a player some love, say something nice and move on. If not, no need to flip out and think we're talking about something serious.

Steph had some nice 'clutch' stats however the NBA chose to define them, appreciate them and move along.
KyRo23
Lead Assistant

Post#64 » by KyRo23 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:19 am

DonaldSanders wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:

These little in season awards are just a bit of fun. If you want to show a player some love, say something nice and move on. If not, no need to flip out and think we're talking about something serious.

Steph had some nice 'clutch' stats however the NBA chose to define them, appreciate them and move along.

Come on, man... my posts in here were so lighthearted :lol: you just took them really to heart. That's not even on me, that's on you.

This was literally my second post in here -

KyRo23 wrote:I mean it's 0. I believe he was 0-10 on these attempts, so I guess 0 is enough for 4 rings. You are technically right :lol:

What a "freak out". I'll take into account sensativity of others next time. Some may have lower tolerance than others
Jerry Maine
Sixth Man
And1: 740

Post#65 » by Jerry Maine » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:03 am

You're right, Steph never made a clutch shot in his life,

So long as you exclude:

1. Game tying shots
2. Lead extending shots
3. Lead cutting shots
4. Shots between 5min and 1min
5. Shots between 1min and 45sec
6. Free throws

What are we doing here :lol:
"What're they gonna say now, boy?" - Wardell Stephen Curry, 16th June 2022
KyRo23
Lead Assistant

Post#66 » by KyRo23 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:05 am

Jerry Maine wrote:You're right, Steph never made a clutch shot in his life,

So long as you exclude:

1. Game tying shots
2. Lead extending shots
3. Lead cutting shots
4. Shots between 5min and 1min
5. Shots between 1min and 45sec
6. Free throws

What are we doing here :lol:

You're simply misunderstanding. I never said this. Not even once :lol: literally 0. About 12 posts in this thread and I have said it 0 times. You could say 0-12
Jerry Maine
Sixth Man

Post#67 » by Jerry Maine » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:07 am

I agree, you're 0 from 12 :nod:
Roy T
Pro Prospect
And1: 864

Post#68 » by Roy T » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:08 am

Hear me out! I refuse to get upset about a meaningless award. Congratulations to Mr. Curry.
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant

Post#69 » by DonaldSanders » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:12 am

KyRo23 wrote:You clearly missed all of my posts in the game thread :lol: I am anything but triggered from that loss. Talkin out of your ass right this second

Went and checked the game thread, here is the first post I saw, then later I saw a 1 line DLO complaint. This seems to me like you're in a hyper-defensive mode. :wink:

KyRo23 wrote:This is all good if you know 0 context to any of the situations.

Spurs didn't "own" LeBron. One of the greatest franchises in NBA history is 2-1 vs LeBron in the finals, one being against a 22 year old with a team that was not comparable.

Warriors as a comparable franchise/team is actually 1-2 against LeBron in the playoffs.

The Nuggets are 2-1 against LeBron in the playoffs. Again with context, a 39 year old LeBron.

If we aren't going to hold young MJ accountable for losing 13 straight against Boston, why is it not the same here?
BlzMwt
Rookie
And1: 1,014

Post#70 » by BlzMwt » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:14 am

Where did all this Curry hate come from?
KyRo23
Lead Assistant

Post#71 » by KyRo23 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:15 am

DonaldSanders wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:You clearly missed all of my posts in the game thread :lol: I am anything but triggered from that loss. Talkin out of your ass right this second

Went and checked the game thread, here is the first post I saw, then later I saw a 1 line DLO complaint. This seems to me like you're in a hyper-defensive mode.

KyRo23 wrote:This is all good if you know 0 context to any of the situations.

Spurs didn't "own" LeBron. One of the greatest franchises in NBA history is 2-1 vs LeBron in the finals, one being against a 22 year old with a team that was not comparable.

Warriors as a comparable franchise/team is actually 1-2 against LeBron in the playoffs.

The Nuggets are 2-1 against LeBron in the playoffs. Again with context, a 39 year old LeBron.

If we aren't going to hold young MJ accountable for losing 13 straight against Boston, why is it not the same here?

Way to pick and choose. Here are the others

KyRo23 wrote:Can we add up all the 1st quarters as one game so LA can have one? I think that's a fair compromise

KyRo23 wrote:I think this is the first playoff loss in my life that I wasn't upset about. That was somethin else, man :lol:

KyRo23 wrote:
DorianRo wrote:Gordon 29-15. FFS. That can’t happen :roll:

I bet he won't do it next game!

KyRo23 wrote:Everyone is gonna talk about the Bron stat pad, but this was a Reaves masterpiece at the end here :lol:

KyRo23 wrote:
G R E Y wrote:Let's see what 9 point play Ham can draw up...

I'd love to see him draw up a 2 point play first

KyRo23 wrote:LeBron is now mad that they did call the foul :lol: I think I heard him say "he didn't even foul"

KyRo23 wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:Over/Under on LeBron’s postgame presscon? 10 seconds? Will he even talk to the media? LOL

If he did a presser after that JR Smith blunder, he will always do one :lol: and walk out with his man purse after

He will do one tonight, and I don't think it'll be too short

I am very lighthearted tonight. You picked the wrong time brother. You could even say I'm especially impish and whimsical tonight

You tried this same shtick last year. I'm not sure if it's your thing or you're simply projecting your feels onto me about your teams current situation, but it's kind of old. Maybe next year
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#72 » by lars_rosenberg » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:21 am

NyKnicks1714 wrote:You can tell from the interview this award meant a lot to him and he was thrilled to win it.
At least he can have one good memory from this terrible season.
Jerry Maine
Sixth Man

Post#73 » by Jerry Maine » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:24 am

KyRo23 wrote:
Warriors as a comparable franchise/team is actually 1-2 against LeBron in the playoffs....

KyRo23 wrote:
Way to pick and choose....

:lol:

Keep 'em coming bro, solid gold
KyRo23
Lead Assistant

Post#74 » by KyRo23 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:26 am

Jerry Maine wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:
Warriors as a comparable franchise/team is actually 1-2 against LeBron in the playoffs....

KyRo23 wrote:

It's not picking and choosing. It's context to what the OP was saying in their post I replied to. Your reading comphrension is astonishingly low
Jerry Maine
Sixth Man

Post#75 » by Jerry Maine » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:42 am

KyRo23 wrote:
Jerry Maine wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:

KyRo23 wrote:

It's not picking and choosing. It's context to what the OP was saying in their post I replied to. Your reading comphrension is astonishingly low

I'm here for the light entertainment, not the educational benefits, and you're doing exceptionally btw :lol:
KyRo23
Lead Assistant

Post#76 » by KyRo23 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:49 am

Jerry Maine wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:
Jerry Maine wrote:

I'm here for the light entertainment, not the educational benefits, and you're doing exceptionally btw :lol:

I sure hope I don't have to teach you how to read, but yet here we are. They say ignorance is bliss, which you are nailing right now :lol:
Jerry Maine
Sixth Man

Post#77 » by Jerry Maine » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:00 am

KyRo23 wrote:
Jerry Maine wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:

I sure hope I don't have to teach you how to read, but yet here we are. They say ignorance is bliss, which you are nailing right now :lol:

Your posts have granted me a zen moment
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 11,035

Post#78 » by KembaWalker » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:27 am

BlzMwt wrote:Where did all this Curry hate come from?

Bron guys had another bad day and have to take it out on everyone else
edgymnerch
Freshman
And1: 46

Post#79 » by edgymnerch » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:31 am

KyRo23 wrote:
Jerry Maine wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:
This is good and all, but how many in the playoffs?

This is exactly what you said

I counted around 70, kinda lost count, but that's only up to 2019

You wasted time counting. There are 0 game winners

Stephen Curry is now 0-12 in his playoff career on potential go-ahead shots in the final 45 seconds of the 4th quarter or overtime.

I love the "gotcha" moment requoting me. I know what I said. I said game winners. Still 0

He hit a game winner with 51 seconds left so this cherry picked stat is just one forged by people to downplay him. He's also had one of the most game-tying shots in the final minute in the playoffs including multiple in the final 10 seconds (he misses, they lose. More weight than go-ahead shots.). Has the most game tying shots in the final 24 seconds of the finals which is the most since Michael Jordan. In 2018, he got an and-1 in 2018 with 15 seconds remaining and hit the go-ahead FT which don't count as a shot.

And idk why you're just downright excluding clutch shots with 5-6 minutes left when the nba.com definition of clutch time is when the game is within 6 points in the final 5 mins of Q4 or OT. Don't argue with me, this is the official textbook definition of clutch. While I agree Steph is definitely sub-par in the playoffs in terms of go ahead shots, he is still an extremely clutch player in the playoffs. Granted, not as clutch as people like LeBron or MJ, but he's still a clutch player.

Also weird you're throwing away 10 game winners away simply because it's the RS as if they have no value. But again, cherrypicking to downplay Steph isn't new in this forum
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,415

Post#80 » by svart » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:34 am

KembaWalker wrote:
BlzMwt wrote:Where did all this Curry hate come from?

Bron guys had another bad day and have to take it out on everyone else

Understandable. They mad Curry got this immensely prestigious award in the same year BronBron won the impressive IST
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee

Return to The General Board