Embiid 50 point playoff game!

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Re: Embiid 50 point playoff game! 

Post#221 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:59 pm

Drakeem wrote:
cgf wrote:
Drakeem wrote:The Embiid hate is so weird. I like poking fun at people but you guys are being weirdos. Dude had a dominant game. Trust me, it's okay to give someone their props.

You can have a monster game and go full-scumbag in the first half of it. Those aren't mutually exclusive. In fact there have been many posts in here along the lines 'I want to respect Joel for having a game like this with his body as broken as it is, but the way he lashed out makes it hard'.
I just find it funny bc instead of making a separate thread to discuss those plays, this thread was hijacked instead. Just makes it look more whiny IMO.

Oh there is another thread for it, but the OP recently & very publicly welched on a bet because he 'never physically shook on it', even after being offered the opportunity to get off with a lighter punishment...Jokic avi instead of not posting at all during the playoffs...and then started calling everyone babies :lol:

So it's pretty funny that his thread to pump Embiid's tires backfired on him so colossally...at least to me.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
gottamakeit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,416

Post#222 » by gottamakeit » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:02 pm

Hussien Fatal wrote:I don't follow through on the bets i make

Shame! Shame! Shame!
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it
gottamakeit
Sixth Man

Post#223 » by gottamakeit » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:03 pm

Congrats Embiid!
Could you perhaps play without the b.s. and the dirty plays next game? I kinda want to root for you without feeling dirty
cgf
RealGM

Post#224 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:04 pm

gottamakeit wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:Jokic is just amazing

Shame! Shame! Shame!

He does have a point though, that Jokic character is pretty good at basketball :dontknow:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,111

Post#225 » by Lockdown504090 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:06 pm

btw there have only been around 30 50 point playoff games.
cgf
RealGM

Post#226 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:16 pm

Lockdown504090 wrote:btw there have only been around 30 50 point playoff games.

There's a joke to be made playing off "double-doubles" and Joel's double kick, but...as everyone that can't quite come up with the way to phrase it says...that would be beneath me :lol:

Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,111

Post#227 » by Lockdown504090 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:17 pm

cgf wrote:
Lockdown504090 wrote:btw there have only been around 40 50 point playoff games.

There's a joke to be made playing off "double-doubles" and Joel's double kick, but...as everyone that can't quite come up with the way to phrase it says...that would be beneath me :lol:

the guy is absolutely a dirty player, but the man was killing last night.
cgf
RealGM

Post#228 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:26 pm

Lockdown504090 wrote:
cgf wrote:
Lockdown504090 wrote:btw there have only been around 40 50 point playoff games.

the guy is absolutely a dirty player, but the man was killing last night.

No doubt about that. Just a shame that it's cheapened by there being a reasonable argument to be made that a) he should have been tossed before he hurt Robinson...so should never have gotten the chance to have this monster game...and b) we don't know how much impact injuring the guy who had been giving him such a hard time + those cheap fouls on Hartenstein, had on Embiid's monster game.

Pacernation
Senior
And1: 934

Post#229 » by Pacernation » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:29 pm

The most physical dominant player in the league gets more fts in one game than the entire knicks team. I didn't watch the game but this looks like the refs still give him those bulls*** calls when they let everybody else in the playoffs play physical as hell. Embiid is just like Harden to me - he will fail when the refs swallow their whistle and things get tough because he's not used to not getting dozens of free throws. Those dirty plays are just the icing on the cake..
Hussien Fatal
Veteran
And1: 1,401

Post#230 » by Hussien Fatal » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:41 pm

KGtabake wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
As long as you are not following through on your bets, you really shouldn't quote me. Because my response will just be:

Don't be a deadbeat.

I'm pretty sure they used to suspend people for actually not following through on their bets...

Lol wow another grown man crying about this? Grow up, instead of worrying about what should happen to me for not honoring this internet bet (which you weren’t even included or involved in) you should probably worry about what should happen with the real problems in your life.

The problems in life is not a matter of discussion in these boards.
This forum is for basketball.
And you are a problem for this forum if you can't even man up to honour a simple bet.

Exactly my point if I thought this bet was going to be an integrity issue in my life it would be a different story but this is a basketball forum where none of that matters. So you should probably stop crying and get over it.
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,273

Post#231 » by SerialChiller » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:41 pm

cgf wrote:
Drakeem wrote:
cgf wrote:
You can have a monster game and go full-scumbag in the first half of it. Those aren't mutually exclusive. In fact there have been many posts in here along the lines 'I want to respect Joel for having a game like this with his body as broken as it is, but the way he lashed out makes it hard'.
I just find it funny bc instead of making a separate thread to discuss those plays, this thread was hijacked instead. Just makes it look more whiny IMO.

Oh there is another thread for it, but the OP recently & very publicly welched on a bet because he 'never physically shook on it', even after being offered the opportunity to get off with a lighter punishment...Jokic avi instead of not posting at all during the playoffs...and then started calling everyone babies :lol:

So it's pretty funny that his thread to pump Embiid's tires backfired on him so colossally...at least to me.

Where did that happen...sounds like an entertaining read haha
cgf
RealGM

Post#232 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:45 pm

SerialChiller wrote:
cgf wrote:
Drakeem wrote:I just find it funny bc instead of making a separate thread to discuss those plays, this thread was hijacked instead. Just makes it look more whiny IMO.

Pretty sure it was the series thread but no idea where in that thread...but buddy's still trying to defend it :lol:

HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,882

Post#233 » by HotelVitale » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:08 pm

Pacernation wrote:The most physical dominant player in the league gets more fts in one game than the entire knicks team. I didn't watch the game but this looks like the refs still give him those bulls*** calls when they let everybody else in the playoffs play physical as hell. Embiid is just like Harden to me - he will fail when the refs swallow their whistle and things get tough because he's not used to not getting dozens of free throws. Those dirty plays are just the icing on the cake..

He shot 13/19 and 5/7 on mostly contested 3s. Complain about the FTs if you need to (I get why people do), but it doesn't have to be the only thing you ever say.
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,273

Post#234 » by SerialChiller » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:12 pm

cgf wrote:
SerialChiller wrote:
cgf wrote:

Pretty sure it was the series thread but no idea where in that thread...but buddy's still trying to defend it :lol:

Ya it was...found it by looking through his recent posts. What a clown!
gottamakeit
Sixth Man

Post#235 » by gottamakeit » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:18 pm

Pacernation wrote:The most physical dominant player in the league gets more fts in one game than the entire knicks team. I didn't watch the game but this looks like the refs still give him those bulls*** calls when they let everybody else in the playoffs play physical as hell. Embiid is just like Harden to me - he will fail when the refs swallow their whistle and things get tough because he's not used to not getting dozens of free throws. Those dirty plays are just the icing on the cake..

Neutral Fan here.
A majority of those were legit fouls (by the book). Watch the game, you're missing out on an intense series.
Embiid definitely has an excellent sense of what gets called and what doesn't AND he's able to gamify it. But the refs have no choice to blow the whistle; otherwise you're tossing out the rulebook.

Yes, that play on Mitchell Robinson was extremely dangerous and dirty. And he probably should have been ejected
Drakeem
Sixth Man
And1: 2,052

Post#236 » by Drakeem » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:19 pm

This guy literally admits he didn't even watch the game yet feels like their opinion matters. :lol:
balleramil wrote:My Summer by Jarrett Jack

The one thing you don't know about our team is...
At practice we play freeze tag
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,533

Post#237 » by Jaqua92 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:26 pm

HotelVitale wrote:

He shot 13/19 and 5/7 on mostly contested 3s. Complain about the FTs if you need to (I get why people do), but it doesn't have to be the only thing you ever say.

35 on 19 shots after injuring the best defensive center is very different than "51 on 19 shots!!"
vobot
Senior
And1: 620

Post#238 » by vobot » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:28 pm

Embiid is talented, but there is an aspect to his game I do not enjoy watching at all. Most plays he is involved in, has him falling to the ground constantly. Always falling and flopping. Crashing into peoples knees and legs playing reckless. He is really privileged when it comes to getting free points at the line.
cgf
RealGM

Post#239 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:28 pm

Jaqua92 wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:

35 on 19 shots after injuring the best defensive center is very different than "51 on 19 shots!!"

Even if you ignore the FTs, 35 on 19 shots is still very impressive. The Mitch s*** otoh...

liquidswords
Pro Prospect
And1: 962

Post#240 » by liquidswords » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:44 pm

gottamakeit wrote:

Neutral Fan here.
A majority of those were legit fouls (by the book). Watch the game, you're missing out on an intense series.
Embiid definitely has an excellent sense of what gets called and what doesn't AND he's able to gamify it. But the refs have no choice to blow the whistle; otherwise you're tossing out the rulebook.

Yes, that play on Mitchell Robinson was extremely dangerous and dirty. And he probably should have been ejected

The popular, casual take is to now just question any of Joel's FTs. He's this generation's Shaq - he's impossible to guard and physically dominant. You could realistically call a foul every time he goes to work on the offensive end.

Return to The General Board