Embiid 50 point playoff game!

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

r0drig0lac
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,321

Re: Embiid 50 point playoff game! 

Post#141 » by r0drig0lac » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:22 pm

MVP
firedavidkahn
Senior
And1: 996

Post#142 » by firedavidkahn » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:31 pm

Dude is turning into a dirty ass player.

Should have been ejected for what he did to Mitchell
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 5,967

Post#143 » by Exp0sed » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:34 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
cgf wrote:
Exp0sed wrote:
a guy with that much talent and those physical attributes who can't win without crying to the league and intentionally injuring his opponents? hell yes, that's the king of scrubs right there

it's amusing to me that ur so obssessed with this dude that you can't even come out and say: he should have been ejected

is it really so hard?

That willingness to defend any behavior as long as it's their man doing it does have strong battered-wife vibes. "It's not his fault he has a temper, people really shouldn't make him angry" :lol:

? Ah okay, so how do you explain Jokic doing it then?

I have no idea how u dragged Jokic into this but fwiw - when has Jokic ever tried to injure another player or made a dirty play even remotely resembling that horror show last night from Joe L?
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,392

Post#144 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:35 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
cgf wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Does "but the other boy was doing it too!" work as an excuse when you try it? So why would it work in the grown up world?

No don't try to turn it around, I'm saying keep that same energy. None of you do, you guys gloss over it and make excuses. But for Embiid, it's a different story. LOl, talk about hypocrisy.

Got any receipts to back your claim up? Or are you talking out of your ass to try and obfuscate Embiid's transgressions? Just because you're willing to be a hypocrite to defend your man, doesn't mean that everyone else has such an unhealthy relationship with their favorite entertainers... you're telling on yourself when you assume that that's how everyone else operates too.

I make fun of Jalen's flopping & Randle's help-decisions all of the time, despite them being my team's stars and my being super excited by this fun team. It's possible to be a fan and criticize your team's players when they deserve criticism. You don't have to pretend that they can do no wrong.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Chokic
Senior
And1: 620

Post#145 » by Chokic » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:36 pm

What's w/ ppl crying about embiid getting foul calls calling him a "free throw merchant". And? Ppl just mad that he can actually make his free throws(testament to his shooting ability for a big). If he sucked at making his free throws like shaq none of this would be even a talking point instead they just would be mocking him for how he can't make his free throws lol.
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 5,967

Post#146 » by Exp0sed » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:38 pm

this is shameful

he doesn't get the call on offense when he's trying to bait for a foul on a 3, he slams his feet to the ground like a 5 year old in a tantrum, he's still barking at the ref but finds time to flop to the ground (doesn't get that either) and then out of frustration and with full malicious intent he takes down Mitch in an extremely dangerous way

and he wasn't ejected!

that is all

shame on u, Joe L

some past reminders:
firedavidkahn
Senior

Post#147 » by firedavidkahn » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:39 pm

Exp0sed wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
cgf wrote:
That willingness to defend any behavior as long as it's their man doing it does have strong battered-wife vibes. "It's not his fault he has a temper, people really shouldn't make him angry" :lol:

I have no idea how u dragged Jokic into this but fwiw - when has Jokic ever tried to injure another player or made a dirty play even remotely resembling that horror show last night from Joe L?

I mean, to be fair, Markieff Morris

That was just as uncalled for and Jokic should have been punished for that
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,079

Post#148 » by jordanwilliams6 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:41 pm

Just caught up on some highlights. How was this dude not ejected? That’s astonishing.

There’s some very dirty stuff going on there.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,586

Post#149 » by DaGawd » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm

Chokic wrote:What's w/ ppl crying about embiid getting foul calls calling him a "free throw merchant". And? Ppl just mad that he can actually make his free throws(testament to his shooting ability for a big). If he sucked at making his free throws like shaq none of this would be even a talking point instead they just would be mocking him for how he can't make his free throws lol.

the way he gets them is embarrassing.. flopping around at 7 feet 300 pounds is just shameless
BaF
Washington Wizards
cgf
RealGM

Post#150 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:45 pm

firedavidkahn wrote:
Exp0sed wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Did people give Jokic a pass for that? I didn't engage in those threads so dunno what it was like here, but I remember it coming up on the Avs board I frequent and folks there were annoyed with Joker for 'letting a scrub like morris get to him'
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,967

Post#151 » by KembaWalker » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:46 pm

Not that I had any to begin with but totally lost all respect for Embiid last night. Dude was actively on a mission to injure people, launching himself backwards, kicking, grabbing, pushing. This guy is truly a giant bitch
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,421

Post#152 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:46 pm

cgf wrote:
firedavidkahn wrote:
Exp0sed wrote:

Did people give Jokic a pass for that? I didn't engage in those threads so dunno what it was like here, but I remember it coming up on the Avs board I frequent and folks there were annoyed with Joker for 'letting a scrub like morris get to him'

Yes they did give him a pass, said Morris deserved it.
They also gave him a pass the multiple times he was ejected during the playoffs when he lost his temper.
cgf
RealGM

Post#153 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:47 pm

jordanwilliams6 wrote:Just caught up on some highlights. How was this dude not ejected? That’s astonishing.

There’s some very dirty stuff going on there.

He's the MVP and Philly's season would've been over, so the refs were going to cut him as much slack as they could :dontknow:

baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,434

Post#154 » by baldur » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:48 pm

firedavidkahn wrote:
Exp0sed wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Markieff Morris :lol:
cgf
RealGM

Post#155 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:48 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
cgf wrote:
firedavidkahn wrote:I mean, to be fair, Markieff Morris

They also gave him a pass the multiple times he was ejected during the playoffs when he lost his temper.

Link? Not that I don't trust you to be unbiased...but I don't trust you to be unbiased :lol:

firedavidkahn
Senior

Post#156 » by firedavidkahn » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:51 pm

baldur wrote:
firedavidkahn wrote:
Exp0sed wrote:

What's funny?
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#157 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:54 pm

cgf wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
cgf wrote:

Link? Not that I don't trust you to be unbiased...but I don't trust you to be unbiased :lol:

It's called youtube. Look for yourself, you're not 5.
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,842

Post#158 » by Jadoogar » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:55 pm

Dez wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:This is what I'm talking about, just a clown play,

Read on Twitter

How did he not get called for that?

if your name is embiid, refs just love you for some reason.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#159 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:55 pm

firedavidkahn wrote:
baldur wrote:
firedavidkahn wrote:I mean, to be fair, Markieff Morris

What's funny?

People think because he's an antagoniser it's okay to threaten his career and life.
RB34
RealGM
And1: 14,871

Post#160 » by RB34 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:55 pm

firedavidkahn wrote:Dude is turning into a dirty ass player.

Should have been ejected for what he did to Mitchell

Dude has always been a dirty player. There are compilations of it on YouTube.

He’s an emotional midget that acts out when he doesn’t get his way.

Return to The General Board