Embiid 50 point playoff game!

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,493

Re: Embiid 50 point playoff game! 

Post#201 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:19 pm

SelfishPlayer wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:Embiid made the proper adjustment entering game 3. The Knicks were playing dirty at home, so Embiid got back to Philly and gave them that same energy and then some. THIS IS PLAYOFF BASKETBALL FOLKS! He's the biggest baddest man on the floor, he can not allow the Knicks to outfight him.

At what point did the Knicks play dirty at home? When Maxey didn’t get a call on something that Batum/Oubre were doing to Brunson all game?

The NBA admitted to the missed calls. Embiid regrouped and said to himself, if they are going to swallow the whistle, I will be the last man in the NBA to lose a fight. Now I see why Embiid felt the need to make a public statement regarding the Sixers being more talented. He made an adjustment, the Knicks will not outfight him, he will scratch and claw too. He will not allow them to win by out scratching him, he can do that too.

You're still bringing up game 2? The NBA admitted to missed calls on two plays in the final minute of that game; Maxey getting fouled by Brunson/Hart...and DiVincenzo getting fouled by Embiid...that's one extra possession for each team*, one due to a foul that they let Embiid get away with.

Nevermind that none of those "missed calls" involved a knick trying to injure a 6er. Be better.

EDIT:
*one extra possession for the knicks, was mixing up possessions and forgot we retained the ball.

Thanks for the catch HW!
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,482

Post#202 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:21 pm

SelfishPlayer wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:Embiid made the proper adjustment entering game 3. The Knicks were playing dirty at home, so Embiid got back to Philly and gave them that same energy and then some. THIS IS PLAYOFF BASKETBALL FOLKS! He's the biggest baddest man on the floor, he can not allow the Knicks to outfight him.

At what point did the Knicks play dirty at home? When Maxey didn’t get a call on something that Batum/Oubre were doing to Brunson all game?

The NBA admitted to the missed calls. Embiid regrouped and said to himself, if they are going to swallow the whistle, I will be the last man in the NBA to lose a fight. Now I see why Embiid felt the need to make a public statement regarding the Sixers being more talented. He made an adjustment, the Knicks will not outfight him, he will scratch and claw too. He will not allow them to win by out scratching him, he can do that too.

NBA admitted to missed calls that they weren’t making the entire game. That’s not playing dirty. Embiid came out and played like the dirty POS that he is. You can try to make him the victim, but it’s not even close.
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,530

Post#203 » by Jaqua92 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:21 pm

Hussien Fatal wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
NoStatsGuy wrote:
so i guess you only look at things in a vaccum. you know why jokic did that... foh with that nonsense. embiid is a scumbag and jokic doesnt need to play dirty but embid does. to win a game he needs to injure other players and needs 20+ FTs
Jokic has been ejected for losing his cool multiple times in the playoffs. He clearly has anger issues. You can logic your way out of it all you want. You never push someone from behind. You could kill them.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

Dont argue with them over Embiids play, they are clearly Embiid haters. Dude has the best playoff game this season and all they talk about is the paw patrol assault on Mitchell Robinson.

Embiid has a playoff PER of 35 and they can’t stand it.

Jokic's 27/20/10 on 62% from the field in a 20 point comeback was a better game.

Embiid's playoff PER is 34.9, Jokic is 35.3.
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,127

Post#204 » by DonaldSanders » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:24 pm

So I was on twitter before watching my recording of the game and I saw "Flagrant 2" trending. Before I watched the game I assumed Embiid got ejected because, you know, it's Embiid. When Embiid doesn't get calls he wants he often acts out and does something dirty.

The first nut kick I thought to myself "Hey, that would be a light F2, looks more like a F1 but they have kicked people out for it before" -- Embiid got just an offensive foul.

Then he grabbed at a player's ankles, pulled them down and then pushed them. I thought to myself "Wow OK this is it" and was astonished that Embiid got just a F1. That was dangerous, dirty stuff right there and I'm surprised the Knicks didn't start a fight. Then of course he throws another nut kick and a body check to round things out. The NBA should suspend him for Game 4 if there is any integrity.
cgf
RealGM

Post#205 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:25 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:I guess I could have been clearer to help Dez out. There are multiple posters actively hoping for an injury to Embiid (which is classless) and also even more posters hoping dirty plays that may or may not injury Embiid happen (which are also classless). See above post if somehow this concept is still in doubt. Carry on.

I hope that was just people getting too heated and subsides as they have time to cool off, because that's a scumbag move even in the moment. Keeping that energy is just gross.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,222

Post#206 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:27 pm

DonaldSanders wrote:So I was on twitter before watching my recording of the game and I saw "Flagrant 2" trending. Before I watched the game I assumed Embiid got ejected because, you know, it's Embiid. When Embiid doesn't get calls he wants he often acts out and does something dirty.

The first nut kick I thought to myself "Hey, that would be a light F2, looks more like a F1 but they have kicked people out for it before" -- Embiid got just an offensive foul.

Then he grabbed at a player's ankles, pulled them down and then pushed them. I thought to myself "Wow OK this is it" and was astonished that Embiid got just a F1. That was dangerous, dirty stuff right there and I'm surprised the Knicks didn't start a fight. Then of course he throws another nut kick and a body check to round things out. The NBA should suspend him for Game 4 if there is any integrity.

Yeah without him literally screaming in the refs faces cursing them out every 2 minutes, how dare they give him the Draymond treatment where its 48 strikes then you're out.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
cgf
RealGM

Post#207 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:27 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
DonaldSanders wrote:So I was on twitter before watching my recording of the game and I saw "Flagrant 2" trending. Before I watched the game I assumed Embiid got ejected because, you know, it's Embiid. When Embiid doesn't get calls he wants he often acts out and does something dirty.

Yeah without him literally screaming in the refs faces cursing them out every 2 minutes, how dare they give him the Draymond treatment where its 48 strikes then you're out.

People said they wanted the refs to be consistent :lol:

srhcan
Starter
And1: 1,646

Post#208 » by srhcan » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:29 pm

Knicks cannot beat even a 50% healthy Embiid. Their best chance is either Embiid's health even more deteriorated or he is suspended.
cgf
RealGM

Post#209 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:31 pm

srhcan wrote:Knicks cannot beat even a 50% healthy Embiid. Their best chance is either Embiid's health even more deteriorated or he is suspended.

This is true. If the Knicks win game 4, we'll know Embiid is less than 50%, if the 6ers win we'll know Joel was healthy :P

Appleshampoo
Starter
And1: 931

Post#210 » by Appleshampoo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:35 pm

It's entitlement. The NBA enables it.
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,690

Post#211 » by SelfishPlayer » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:40 pm

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:

NBA admitted to missed calls that they weren’t making the entire game. That’s not playing dirty. Embiid came out and played like the dirty POS that he is. You can try to make him the victim, but it’s not even close.

I'm not concerned with making him a victim or trying to avoid him looking like a villain. I'm saying that he made the adjustment, he needed to bring the fight to the Knicks not EQUAL to what the Knicks were bringing but BETTER. This is 90s style basketball.

SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
firedavidkahn
Senior
And1: 1,050

Post#212 » by firedavidkahn » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:08 pm

Embiid the GOAT unethical hooper. Now he is starting to channel his inner Draymond.

Read on Twitter
?t=_ZQNUDjN-SAHnGTO7RCQjg&s=19
Drakeem
Sixth Man
And1: 2,052

Post#213 » by Drakeem » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:40 pm

The Embiid hate is so weird. I like poking fun at people but you guys are being weirdos. Dude had a dominant game. Trust me, it's okay to give someone their props.
balleramil wrote:My Summer by Jarrett Jack

The one thing you don't know about our team is...
At practice we play freeze tag
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,673

Post#214 » by DaGawd » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:43 pm

Drakeem wrote:The Embiid hate is so weird. I like poking fun at people but you guys are being weirdos. Dude had a dominant game. Trust me, it's okay to give someone their props.

dominant foul baiting sure
BaF
Washington Wizards
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,111

Post#215 » by Lockdown504090 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:46 pm

Zenzibar wrote:This is what I'm talking about, just a clown play,

Read on Twitter

What was the official beside them watching? His area of responsibility is literally right there?
Appleshampoo
Starter

Post#216 » by Appleshampoo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:19 pm

Drakeem wrote:The Embiid hate is so weird. I like poking fun at people but you guys are being weirdos. Dude had a dominant game. Trust me, it's okay to give someone their props.

Would you give props to somebody who kicked your team in the nuts twice (among other dirty plays) and cried every single play for a whistle? This is common sense. This is a dog S*** product.
Appleshampoo
Starter

Post#217 » by Appleshampoo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:21 pm

Lockdown504090 wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:This is what I'm talking about, just a clown play,

Read on Twitter

What was the official beside them watching? His area of responsibility is literally right there?

"just protecting myself out there"

cgf
RealGM

Post#218 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:21 pm

You can have a monster game and go full-scumbag in the first half of it. Those aren't mutually exclusive. In fact there have been many posts in here along the lines 'I want to respect Joel for having a game like this with his body as broken as it is, but the way he lashed out makes it hard'.

Drakeem
Sixth Man
And1: 2,052

Post#219 » by Drakeem » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:52 pm

cgf wrote:

You can have a monster game and go full-scumbag in the first half of it. Those aren't mutually exclusive. In fact there have been many posts in here along the lines 'I want to respect Joel for having a game like this with his body as broken as it is, but the way he lashed out makes it hard'.
I just find it funny bc instead of making a separate thread to discuss those plays, this thread was hijacked instead. Just makes it look more whiny IMO.
balleramil wrote:My Summer by Jarrett Jack

The one thing you don't know about our team is...
At practice we play freeze tag
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,273

Post#220 » by SerialChiller » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:54 pm

I have no respect for Embiid just like Harden.

Embiid can play dirty and act tough but we all know this is coming soon...

Spoiler:

Return to The General Board