Embiid 50 point playoff game!

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

GettinitDone
Head Coach
And1: 3,014

Re: Embiid 50 point playoff game! 

Post#161 » by GettinitDone » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:56 pm

Read on Twitter

*LeBron's voice*

Cmon man what are we doing?... :noway:
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,450

Post#162 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:07 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
cgf wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Yes they did give him a pass, said Morris deserved it.
They also gave him a pass the multiple times he was ejected during the playoffs when he lost his temper.

Link? Not that I don't trust you to be unbiased...but I don't trust you to be unbiased :lol:

It's called youtube. Look for yourself, you're not 5.

Now I’m even more confused. YouTube has old Realgm threads? Since when? And where?
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
firedavidkahn
Senior
And1: 1,042

Post#163 » by firedavidkahn » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:12 pm

Thibs is awesome for this quote
Read on Twitter
?t=G1HhI6NJbWXx8t1YaN5ufA&s=19
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,347

Post#164 » by BigShot Bojan » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:18 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Exp0sed wrote:
dirkdiggler4177 wrote:
That is Draymond season in one highlight. Nice job Embiid!

that Draymond-esque knee to the groin, that's when the refs should have made it abundantly clear they won't tolerate any such bs

Joe L has really tainted his already very poor legacy tonight
Draymond is an agitator, Joe L is supposed to be the MVP. if the MVP is busy doing bush league stuff I guess that means he's a bushleague player

if Mitch is still injured and can't play game 4, if i'm Thibs I don't put him on the injury list but instead start him and have him punch or elbow this Cameroonian, oh no wait i'm French! I promise i will never play for any other country! oh wait no, USA! USA! POS scrub
Scrub lol... You talk big for an internet tough guy.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
lol you taking it personally him criticizing a dirty player
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,428

Post#165 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:21 pm

BigShot Bojan wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Exp0sed wrote:
that Draymond-esque knee to the groin, that's when the refs should have made it abundantly clear they won't tolerate any such bs

Joe L has really tainted his already very poor legacy tonight
Draymond is an agitator, Joe L is supposed to be the MVP. if the MVP is busy doing bush league stuff I guess that means he's a bushleague player

if Mitch is still injured and can't play game 4, if i'm Thibs I don't put him on the injury list but instead start him and have him punch or elbow this Cameroonian, oh no wait i'm French! I promise i will never play for any other country! oh wait no, USA! USA! POS scrub
Scrub lol... You talk big for an internet tough guy.

There are way too many keyboard warriors on here. The **** people talk on here, you guys would be needing to change your pants if you ever met or played against one of these guys.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,638

Post#166 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:25 pm

Embiid single-handedly won the game last night for the Sixers. Part of that was his brilliance. Part of that was him knowing how to play the refs - if he’s gonna cry every game he doesn’t get 20 free throws… I have to think that part of that is also him injuring Mitch.
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 5,969

Post#167 » by Exp0sed » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:25 pm

firedavidkahn wrote:
Exp0sed wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
? Ah okay, so how do you explain Jokic doing it then?

I have no idea how u dragged Jokic into this but fwiw - when has Jokic ever tried to injure another player or made a dirty play even remotely resembling that horror show last night from Joe L?

I mean, to be fair, Markieff Morris

That was just as uncalled for and Jokic should have been punished for that

lol, what? "uncalled for"?
Morris commited a punk\scrub intentional foul on Jokic, without the ball, hitting him in the ribs in full force
Jokic retalitated (good on him) and was rightfully ejected for that

jokic responded but he wasn't the instigator

the two instances are nothing alike
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 10,164

Post#168 » by Stannis » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:28 pm

Dez wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
Dez wrote:So many equals one?

Come on now, you can just admit you were wrong. It is okay.

If you really need me to find more I can, they are pretty much at least 1 per page in most of these threads, and more pages than I care to read. But since you seem set on denial here are a few I found in the first 4-5 pages of a thread for instance:

Stannis wrote:Embiid needs to eat the wax next game.

evevale wrote:lay his crying bitch ass out next game

Oscirus wrote:they should have sims go in there and bridge the **** out of embid next game.

Ghetto Gospel wrote:yeah nah, next game jericho sims needs to grab embiids legs when he jumps

Im Coming Home wrote:Well then we should send out our 15th man and give him a taste of his own medicine, it would be karma coming for him.

I felt bad when he went down in Game 1, now idgaf. I never wish for injury but once you intentionally injure another player, you deserve it.

DaGawd wrote:hopefully it takes him out for the rest of the series

Only one of them was wishing for injury (which is horrible) the rest where for Embiid to receive the dirty plays he handed out today.

Tell me, how come no 76ers fans are condemning his dirty plays? Don't try turn him into a victim when he's out there injuring a player and making other dirty players.

He played well but should not have been in the game after what he did to Mitchell Robinson.

Exactly. Dude straight up yanked the recently injured leg of Mitchell Robinson.

If Knicks don't get physical back, they lose this series. Taking the moral high ground tends to fail. Embiid is going to get calls anyways. May as well make them count.
Free Palestine
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 5,969

Post#169 » by Exp0sed » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:35 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
BigShot Bojan wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Scrub lol... You talk big for an internet tough guy.

There are way too many keyboard warriors on here. The **** people talk on here, you guys would be needing to change your pants if you ever met or played against one of these guys.

buddy, wth ar u talking about?
I don't care about Embiid or any of this personally, i'm just a basketball fan
keyboard warriors lmfao, this is what this platform is for - for ppl to exchange ideas, discuss NBA basketball etc. via the internet

Embiid is a loser, a cry baby, a flopper and the part I hate about his game the most is the reckless plays endangering other player's careers and livelihoods. that usually happens in the form of falling to the floor 20 times in a game but sometimes it's also malicious and dirty like it was yesterday, Mitch is the complete opposite of Embiid...i'm not a Knicks fan, i'm a Euro with no favorite NBA franchise but I would rather pay to see Mitch compete, than watch this baiting choker clown tbh. him not getting ejected yesterday is an absolute disgrace to the league, i hope they rectify that after the fact, what he did warrants an ejection 100% of times, for any player, in any game.

btw if I was in the stands last night or behind the bench, you can bet ur as* i'd be shouting those same things at this sorry excuse for a basketball player, as is my god given right as a basketball fan haha :)
firedavidkahn
Senior
And1: 1,042

Post#170 » by firedavidkahn » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:52 pm

Exp0sed wrote:
firedavidkahn wrote:
Exp0sed wrote:
I have no idea how u dragged Jokic into this but fwiw - when has Jokic ever tried to injure another player or made a dirty play even remotely resembling that horror show last night from Joe L?

I mean, to be fair, Markieff Morris

That was just as uncalled for and Jokic should have been punished for that

lol, what? "uncalled for"?
Morris commited a punk\scrub intentional foul on Jokic, without the ball, hitting him in the ribs in full force
Jokic retalitated (good on him) and was rightfully ejected for that

jokic responded but he wasn't the instigator

the two instances are nothing alike

:lol:

Come the heck on.

I love Jokic and don't think that one play changes anything but that was a dirty ass play.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,369

Post#171 » by Phish Tank » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:52 pm

maybe he needs 50 stitches instead
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,605

Post#172 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:08 pm

I guess I could have been clearer to help Dez out. There are multiple posters actively hoping for an injury to Embiid (which is classless) and also even more posters hoping dirty plays that may or may not injury Embiid happen (which are also classless). See above post if somehow this concept is still in doubt. Carry on.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#173 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:10 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:I guess I could have been clearer to help Dez out. There are multiple posters actively hoping for an injury to Embiid (which is classless) and also even more posters hoping dirty plays that may or may not injury Embiid happen (which are also classless). See above post if somehow this concept is still in doubt. Carry on.

Report them man!
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,993

Post#174 » by KembaWalker » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:10 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:I guess I could have been clearer to help Dez out. There are multiple posters actively hoping for an injury to Embiid (which is classless) and also even more posters hoping dirty plays that may or may not injury Embiid happen (which are also classless). Carry on.

It was pretty obvious to everyone watching that Embiid was playing with the sole purpose of injuring anyone he could, specifically targeting Robinson in which he was successful. He’s a piece of ****.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#175 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:11 pm

KembaWalker wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:I guess I could have been clearer to help Dez out. There are multiple posters actively hoping for an injury to Embiid (which is classless) and also even more posters hoping dirty plays that may or may not injury Embiid happen (which are also classless). Carry on.

It was pretty obvious to everyone watching that Embiid was playing with the sole purpose of injuring anyone he could, specifically targeting Robinson in which he was successful. He’s a piece of ****.

Wow you can read minds...
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,127

Post#176 » by ItsDanger » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:14 pm

When Hartenstein and Robinson had 2 fouls each early, you knew the game was going to be finessed. Easy money.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Birth of the Cool
Analyst
And1: 1,451

Post#177 » by Birth of the Cool » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:16 pm

adjacent2bench wrote:He should be suspended for game 4. Unreal he wasn’t ejected. Dirtiest play in all my years of watching ball.

LOL, so you're new to watching basketball?

See Pistons vs MJ, see Bowen vs VC/Kobe/Allen, see Bynum vs Barrea, see Lambier vs Bird, see Shaq vs Miller, and on and on.
I mean it was definitely a dirty play but to say this was "the dirtiest play in all my years of watching ball" means you haven't really watching a lot of NBA history
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,152

Post#178 » by Capn'O » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:18 pm

Least favorite player in the league. The reasons we're talking about his extracurricular activities on a night he scored 50 is why.

Saddest part is that he has the brilliant skillset to be one of my favorites.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
rapstarter
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,371

Post#179 » by rapstarter » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:20 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:Kinda wild reading so many people hoping a player gets hurt.

You mean the player who purposely hurt another player? Funny how you left out the part that got so many people pissed in the first place

Your post was classless and tasteless. If that wasn't clear, your parents did a poor job.

Looks like Embiid's parents did an even worse job, because he didn't stop at "hoping". I admit I was being tasteless when I said I hope someone drops Embiid (which I wouldn't hope on others minus maybe Draymond who's similarly dangerous and dirty), but this is a guy that's trying to injure other players. If the league is going to continue to encourage him, it makes sense that you would "hope" for others to teach him a lesson.
kaansunman
Freshman
And1: 43

Post#180 » by kaansunman » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:21 pm

playing refs, flopping, are part of the game but usually it's smaller guy's tactics to survive on giants. It doesn't suit a big man unless you are Varajeo.
On the other hand how many 7 footers has that soft touch and range. If he continues to make those shots, you must guard him closer then with his first step he kills you. Most of the calls were correct calls by the way, it happens when you try to guard the man in his cylnder. I wish that he didn't play dirty, it shadowed the performance.
Knicks will be physical again for sure but I am curios about the stamina and health of Embiid in the next game(s). We witnessed how his performance dropped going deep into play-offs before.

Return to The General Board