Embiid 50 point playoff game!

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,992

Re: Embiid 50 point playoff game! 

Post#181 » by KembaWalker » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:21 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:I guess I could have been clearer to help Dez out. There are multiple posters actively hoping for an injury to Embiid (which is classless) and also even more posters hoping dirty plays that may or may not injury Embiid happen (which are also classless). Carry on.

It was pretty obvious to everyone watching that Embiid was playing with the sole purpose of injuring anyone he could, specifically targeting Robinson in which he was successful. He’s a piece of ****.

Wow you can read minds...

Wow you can’t observe actions (objectively)…
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,347

Post#182 » by BigShot Bojan » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:25 pm

Embiid had 3 easy flagrants…Philly fans cheered all of them wonder when those posters will clutch those pearls
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
Ghetto Gospel
Veteran
And1: 2,648

Post#183 » by Ghetto Gospel » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:30 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Ghetto Gospel wrote:yeah nah, next game jericho sims needs to grab embiids legs when he jumps

not hoping for an embiid injury, just saying there should be retaliation for blatant dirty fouls. sorry if you disagree

i'm sure if mitch grabbed embiids legs while he was jumping and embiid had to walk out of the arena with a walking boot, you'd feel the same
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,127

Post#184 » by ItsDanger » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:34 pm

If the league doesn't attempt to control him, you need to make your fouls count against him.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Ghetto Gospel
Veteran
And1: 2,648

Post#185 » by Ghetto Gospel » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:36 pm

ItsDanger wrote:If the league doesn't attempt to control him, you need to make your fouls count against him.

if the league isn't going to protect the players, the players have to protect themselves
Sgt Major
Head Coach
And1: 15,252

Post#186 » by Sgt Major » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:37 pm

Read on Twitter
Det. Frank Pembleton: You know, sometimes you're funny. Then there's now.
Hussien Fatal
Veteran
And1: 1,401

Post#187 » by Hussien Fatal » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:46 pm

Ghetto Gospel wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
Ghetto Gospel wrote:yeah nah, next game jericho sims needs to grab embiids legs when he jumps

not hoping for an embiid injury, just saying there should be retaliation for blatant dirty fouls. sorry if you disagree

i'm sure if mitch grabbed embiids legs while he was jumping and embiid had to walk out of the arena with a walking boot, you'd feel the same

Embiid >>>>>>>>>>>Robinson

Embiid leaving in a walking boot is much worse for the sixers than the knicks losing Robinson. Can’t compare. You have the mind of a child if you can’t see that two wrongs don’t make it right. If you disliked what Embiid did why would you want your players doing it?
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,605

Post#188 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:51 pm

Hussien Fatal wrote:
Ghetto Gospel wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

Embiid leaving in a walking boot is much worse for the sixers than the knicks losing Robinson. Can’t compare. You have the mind of a child if you can’t see that two wrongs don’t make it right. If you disliked what Embiid did why would you want your players doing it?

As long as you are not following through on your bets, you really shouldn't quote me. Because my response will just be:

Don't be a deadbeat.

I'm pretty sure they used to suspend people for actually not following through on their bets...
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,530

Post#189 » by Jaqua92 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:56 pm

Exp0sed wrote:
firedavidkahn wrote:
Exp0sed wrote:
I have no idea how u dragged Jokic into this but fwiw - when has Jokic ever tried to injure another player or made a dirty play even remotely resembling that horror show last night from Joe L?

I mean, to be fair, Markieff Morris

That was just as uncalled for and Jokic should have been punished for that

lol, what? "uncalled for"?
Morris commited a punk\scrub intentional foul on Jokic, without the ball, hitting him in the ribs in full force
Jokic retalitated (good on him) and was rightfully ejected for that

jokic responded but he wasn't the instigator

the two instances are nothing alike

I bruised my ribs badly from banging against the side of a roller coaster. Left me injured for weeks.

Morris checked Jokic right into the ribs. Ribs are easily broken, and that could have been a season ending injury.

Morris **** around, and found out.
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,436

Post#190 » by Hornet Mania » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:56 pm

I really want to appreciate Embiid's 50 point game, especially considering he's fighting through bell's palsy.

However I can't feel anything but disgust towards him. He should have been tossed after grabbing Robinson's legs. The rest of the **** was also appalling. It sure looked like he was playing to injure his opponents at various points during the game.

Embiid is a very talented player, but he's a loser for the way he acted last night. That wasn't competitive fire or tough playoff basketball, that was immature and dangerous BS. I've put him into the same category as CP3: great player, all-time great player actually, but I can't root for his success if he's that much of an ass.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,449

Post#191 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:58 pm

firedavidkahn wrote:Thibs is awesome for this quote
Read on Twitter
?t=G1HhI6NJbWXx8t1YaN5ufA&s=19

I don't like complaining about the refs, but imagining this in Thibs' voice does make me laugh :lol:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,642

Post#192 » by DaGawd » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:59 pm

Hussien Fatal wrote:
Ghetto Gospel wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

says the dude who backed out of a fair bet he lost like a coward
BaF
Washington Wizards
Hussien Fatal
Veteran
And1: 1,401

Post#193 » by Hussien Fatal » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:04 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:
Ghetto Gospel wrote:

As long as you are not following through on your bets, you really shouldn't quote me. Because my response will just be:

Don't be a deadbeat.

I'm pretty sure they used to suspend people for actually not following through on their bets...

Lol wow another grown man crying about this? Grow up, instead of worrying about what should happen to me for not honoring this internet bet (which you weren’t even included or involved in) you should probably worry about what should happen with the real problems in your life.
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,690

Post#194 » by SelfishPlayer » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:04 pm

Embiid made the proper adjustment entering game 3. The Knicks were playing dirty at home, so Embiid got back to Philly and gave them that same energy and then some. THIS IS PLAYOFF BASKETBALL FOLKS! He's the biggest baddest man on the floor, he can not allow the Knicks to outfight him.
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,480

Post#195 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:05 pm

Hussien Fatal wrote:
Ghetto Gospel wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

What does this have to do with what he was saying?

If either one did the deed (one of them actually did), they should face repercussions for it. And as shown by the way you respond about anything Embiid, you would definitely be all over this.
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,480

Post#196 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:07 pm

SelfishPlayer wrote:Embiid made the proper adjustment entering game 3. The Knicks were playing dirty at home, so Embiid got back to Philly and gave them that same energy and then some. THIS IS PLAYOFF BASKETBALL FOLKS! He's the biggest baddest man on the floor, he can not allow the Knicks to outfight him.

At what point did the Knicks play dirty at home? When Maxey didn’t get a call on something that Batum/Oubre were doing to Brunson all game?
AddiFB
Veteran
And1: 2,551

Post#197 » by AddiFB » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:11 pm

A 50 point game I can't be excited about.

Absolutely disgusting behaviour by Embiid. I disliked him and his antics before, but he cemented himself as a fool and an a55hole last night.

Will never want to see him win anything.

Never thought I'd root for the Knicks. Ever.
- Orlando Magic fan since 1991 -
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,598

Post#198 » by KGtabake » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

Hussien Fatal wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:

Don't be a deadbeat.

Lol wow another grown man crying about this? Grow up, instead of worrying about what should happen to me for not honoring this internet bet (which you weren’t even included or involved in) you should probably worry about what should happen with the real problems in your life.

The problems in life is not a matter of discussion in these boards.
This forum is for basketball.
And you are a problem for this forum if you can't even man up to honour a simple bet.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,690

Post#199 » by SelfishPlayer » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:15 pm

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:Embiid made the proper adjustment entering game 3. The Knicks were playing dirty at home, so Embiid got back to Philly and gave them that same energy and then some. THIS IS PLAYOFF BASKETBALL FOLKS! He's the biggest baddest man on the floor, he can not allow the Knicks to outfight him.

At what point did the Knicks play dirty at home? When Maxey didn’t get a call on something that Batum/Oubre were doing to Brunson all game?

The NBA admitted to the missed calls. Embiid regrouped and said to himself, if they are going to swallow the whistle, I will be the last man in the NBA to lose a fight. Now I see why Embiid felt the need to make a public statement regarding the Sixers being more talented. He made an adjustment, the Knicks will not outfight him, he will scratch and claw too. He will not allow them to win by out scratching him, he can do that too.
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,449

Post#200 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:16 pm

KGtabake wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

Don't be a deadbeat.

The problems in life is not a matter of discussion in these boards.
This forum is for basketball.
And you are a problem for this forum if you can't even man up to honour a simple bet.

:dontknow: it does clarify who the board clown is
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!

Return to The General Board