LeBron's body language is killing the Lakers

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

KHRICH
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,559

Re: LeBron's body language is killing the Lakers 

Post#21 » by KHRICH » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:57 am

The lack of talent is killing the lakers not his body language.
Tottery
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,377

Post#22 » by Tottery » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:58 am

I'm more curious as to what is happening in the locker room during half time. 3 games in a row they've come out lethargic for the 2nd half. Blown leads all 3 times(1 large lead). Sure, some credit goes to Denver because they aren't coming out with that same lethargic attitude. They play as if a chip is on their shoulder.
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,857

Post#23 » by Heej » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:59 am

OriginalRed wrote:
The Warrior wrote:
sackings916 wrote:He’s 39
WTF does this have to do with his body language and attitude?

Sent from my Pixel 6a using RealGM mobile app

Nothing, it's just the go-to excuse Lebron fans use nowadays. Age has absolutely nothing to do with you present yourself on the court and Lebron's body language is downright pathetic at times when his teams are losing.

Who cares. LeBron doesn't do it when his team has a conceivable chance of winning. What do you think Jordan or Kobe were doing when they were stuck with a bunch of losers in the coaching staff and on the floor? The all time players know when they have hopeless losers on their team and they absolutely let people know about it. You guys would rather him just be killing the vibe in practice and in the locker room everyday and finding out about it through the media rather than see it happen in front of your face.

Does it hurt your feelings to see how lowly someone who's truly great at a sport feels about an average incompetent person like yourself who's not on their level in an endeavor. Cuz that's how every great player feels about sorry players and coaches.
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
Sixers in 4
Senior
And1: 764

Post#24 » by Sixers in 4 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:59 am

sp6r=underrated wrote:I think lack of talent is killing the Lakers. And Lebron's issue, if any, is he's old.

They have plenty of talent. They took off the regular season and had to face the Nuggets.
FuShengTHEGreat
Veteran
And1: 1,151

Post#25 » by FuShengTHEGreat » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:59 am

styLesdavis wrote:Body language is one part but you can clearly see why LeBron is "just" a All-Star in this league and not a mvp-caliber player: when Lakers fail to score James can`t get into another gear and he gets very passive and just tries a lot of threes without getting to the rim. This happens several times already during these three games.

At 39 he just doesn't have the endurance to go turn it up a notch any more. He just can't physically.

He can only play good/great in stretches
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,728

Post#26 » by Pachinko_ » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:00 am

For me it's Davis. I know he gets his numbers in the end but I just can't trust a player who PERMANENTLY looks either hurting or tired or both.
Kawaii Leonard
Junior
And1: 484

Post#27 » by Kawaii Leonard » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:00 am

Robert Todd Pelinka Jr.
WarriorGM wrote:Steph is the greatest playmaker of all-time.
LaLover11
Pro Prospect
And1: 556

Post#28 » by LaLover11 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:14 am

OP how would you feel if DLo was your starting PG?
Zero points and Zero Defense, do you want LeBron to be smiling and Joking while having that Garbage player?
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,061

Post#29 » by KyRo23 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:18 am

Is LeBron's body language killing the Lakers or are the Lakers killing LeBron :lol: we may never know
OriginalRed
Sixth Man
And1: 2,984

Post#30 » by OriginalRed » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:19 am

Heej wrote:
OriginalRed wrote:
The Warrior wrote:WTF does this have to do with his body language and attitude?

Nothing, it's just the go-to excuse Lebron fans use nowadays. Age has absolutely nothing to do with you present yourself on the court and Lebron's body language is downright pathetic at times when his teams are losing.

Who cares. LeBron doesn't do it when his team has a conceivable chance of winning. What do you think Jordan or Kobe were doing when they were stuck with a bunch of losers in the coaching staff and on the floor? The all time players know when they have hopeless losers on their team and they absolutely let people know about it. You guys would rather him just be killing the vibe in practice and in the locker room everyday and finding out about it through the media rather than see it happen in front of your face.

Does it hurt your feelings to see how lowly someone who's truly great at a sport feels about an average incompetent person like yourself who's not on their level in an endeavor. Cuz that's how every great player feels about sorry players and coaches.

What kind of excuse is this lol? He shouldn't be doing it all regardless. I don't care if Jordan or Kobe did it (if they even did anywhere near as much as Lebron does), that doesn't change that it's a terrible example of leadership on the court.
Trey24
Sixth Man
And1: 2,041

Post#31 » by Trey24 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:25 am

Lebron has been the biggest sore loser in the NBA with the worst body language when losing since 2003. That's what happens when you have the attitude that it is always someone else's fault.
KrAzY3
Starter
And1: 2,544

Post#32 » by KrAzY3 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:26 am

Sometimes I feel like people don't pay attention or just see what they want to see, because I've been talking about his body language in losing series for years.

I watched him check out against the Magic in what was really an embarrassing loss, I mentioned to my brother how he acted but he didn't get it, until he watched LeBron lose to the Celtics and he was like oh yeah I see what you're talking about...

It's one of the reasons why he never could achieve what Jordan did, he sometimes rises to the occasion and he sometimes pouts on the court them storms off it after the game, and that's not how you maturely handle adversity and show leadership.
Potential
RealGM
And1: 44,023

Post#33 » by Potential » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:26 am

Damn you're right. This whole time I thought it was D Lo and the other starters stinking up the court. I also thought it was the defense allowing 10 wide open dunks to Gordon and making no effort to put pressure on MPJ. Or the Lakers playing a lineup consisting of 4 guards against a big Denver team where throughout the year that lineup played a grand total of 1 minute before tonight (which proved why AD was right to call out Ham). And not getting AD involved in the 2nd half.
sackings916
Assistant Coach
And1: 629

Post#34 » by sackings916 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:43 am

The Warrior wrote:
WTF does this have to do with his body language and attitude?

Please tell us what it’s like to hoop in the NBA at 39. How dare he huff and puff and look distressed.
TravisScott55
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,861

Post#35 » by TravisScott55 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:45 am

He needs to take less money this off season so the Lakers can fill out the roster.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,254

Post#36 » by Impuniti » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:46 am

Denver and Jokic are better, that's what is killing Lebron.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,728

Post#37 » by 76thBearCub » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:48 am

His fairy tale is ending and not he pictured it.
edgymnerch
Freshman
And1: 46

Post#38 » by edgymnerch » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:55 am

I'm as happy as you are that this guy is going out sad in his final years but there are a million different reasons why the Lakers suck that need to be addressed before this
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,857

Post#39 » by Heej » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:58 am

OriginalRed wrote:
Heej wrote:
OriginalRed wrote:Nothing, it's just the go-to excuse Lebron fans use nowadays. Age has absolutely nothing to do with you present yourself on the court and Lebron's body language is downright pathetic at times when his teams are losing.

What kind of excuse is this lol? He shouldn't be doing it all regardless. I don't care if Jordan or Kobe did it (if they even did anywhere near as much as Lebron does), that doesn't change that it's a terrible example of leadership on the court.

Says who? Every great player shows frustration. In Bron's case it's right there on the court, in other people's cases they're making a big stink everywhere they go behind the scenes in the organization. You know what shouldn't be done at all regardless? The organizational malpractice the Lakers committed fumbling the golden ticket they were handed and repeatedly making terrible management decisions from the top down (trades, drafting, scouting, coaching, personnel development, analytics). This team is a disgrace of an organization with poor decision makers at every level from the top down. Great players demand greatness. If you can't handle that then go watch curling LMFAO. Maybe the coaches, players, and front office executives should try sucking less.
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
TheNG
Rookie
And1: 1,416

Post#40 » by TheNG » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:58 am

How is age related to body language or leadership abilities?
If you have more "Posts" than "And1", don't feel bad if I didn't reply to you - I just don't like to speak with people who argue a lot :beer:

Return to The General Board