LeBron's body language is killing the Lakers

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Trey24
Sixth Man
And1: 2,042

Re: LeBron's body language is killing the Lakers 

Post#121 » by Trey24 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:57 pm

I had to add this here. I don't have clips but every time Lebron blows a defensive assigment, fails to get a rebound etc., he turns around and blames/whines to one of his teammates. Last night I even remember him dribbling the ball off his foot out if bounds and he turned around and started yelling and whining at Taurean Prince like Prince was the one that made him dribble it off his foot.

This isn't something that is new. It is never Lebron's fault.
ScrantonBulls
Senior
And1: 938

Post#122 » by ScrantonBulls » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:58 pm

MavsDirk41 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:Hard to know what was worse, the head shaking condemnation after misses or Ingram and Lonzo's names being out there in trade rumours every day because it was an open secret Lebron was trying to trade them for AD.

All those 2019 players still suck or have career ending injuries. All these 2024 players suck and can't defend

Go Play at the Gym and play vs the best team in the court and only Pick 1 good guy and then choose the 3 worst players in the Court and be happy getting your ass destroyed lmao. I've noticed a lot of people don't actually play competitive basketball in these Forums

So your saying besides Davis, James has no help? Ive been hearing this for years. Yea ole Joker has an incredibly stacked team…..

It always amuses me that the extent of your basketball analysis when judging a team is "duhhh how many all-star on team??" Never put any thought into HOW GOOD the players actually are, how the team fits together. It's always about counting past all-star appearances lmao.
ScrantonBulls
Senior
And1: 938

Post#123 » by ScrantonBulls » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:00 pm

Trey24 wrote:I had to add this here. I don't have clips but every time Lebron blows a defensive assigment, fails to get a rebound etc., he turns around and blames/whines to one of his teammates. Last night I even remember him dribbling the ball off his foot out if bounds and he turned around and started yelling and whining at Taurean Prince like Prince was the one that made him dribble it off his foot.

I'm shocked that a person who's username ends in "24" would make a critical comment about LeBron James while providing zero evidence of it.
infintybeyond
Rookie
And1: 1,802

Post#124 » by infintybeyond » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:23 pm

sammo89 wrote:Lack of emotional control in male adults is often linked to fatherlessness. Check all the pouty players in the league, most of them have dads who left early in their childhood. Don't know whether this is fixable

WTF are you talking about bro? This is sports. Star players throw tantrums all the time when they are frustrated. Lebron has done this in the past when his teams have no chance of winning. Lebron mailed it in after game 2. That loss was soul crushing. He wasn't focused at the start of game 3 and let Gordon go off repeatedly to start the game.

For context, I have watched Kobe throw plenty of tantrums and his father was around. I've seen Curry chuck his mouth piece and his father was around. I've watched Lowry and Derozan throw tantrums, and Lebron was always around them.
Trey24
Sixth Man
And1: 2,042

Post#125 » by Trey24 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:46 pm

ScrantonBulls wrote:
Trey24 wrote:I had to add this here. I don't have clips but every time Lebron blows a defensive assigment, fails to get a rebound etc., he turns around and blames/whines to one of his teammates. Last night I even remember him dribbling the ball off his foot out if bounds and he turned around and started yelling and whining at Taurean Prince like Prince was the one that made him dribble it off his foot.

I'm shocked that a person who's username ends in "24" would make a critical comment about LeBron James while providing zero evidence of it.

I told you what happened, and said I don't have a clip. Is this a court of law all of a sudden? Also, that is Jeff Gordon's 24, what the hell are you talking about?
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 6,170

Post#126 » by BigGargamel » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:27 pm

ScrantonBulls wrote:Just look at him this game. His body language is awful. He's huffing and puffing and looking like a guy whose team is getting beaten down. Body language is contagious, and he needs to be better about it. He needs to smile and joke around with his teammates, even if he doesn't want to. That's the job of a leader. Sorry, but his body language is simply killing the team right now.

LOL @ the lengths people to go not give the Nuggets credit for simply being the superior team. Coaching, refs, D-Lo, now [Ursula from Little Mermaid]BODDDYYYY LANGUAGEEEEEEE[/Ursula]

Give me a break :lol:
disoblige
Head Coach
And1: 794

Post#127 » by disoblige » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:34 pm

When reality doesn’t meet expectations most people becomes frustrated. You would be frustrated as well.
MavsDirk41
Analyst
And1: 2,516

Post#128 » by MavsDirk41 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:08 pm

ScrantonBulls wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
All those 2019 players still suck or have career ending injuries. All these 2024 players suck and can't defend

Go Play at the Gym and play vs the best team in the court and only Pick 1 good guy and then choose the 3 worst players in the Court and be happy getting your ass destroyed lmao. I've noticed a lot of people don't actually play competitive basketball in these Forums

So your saying besides Davis, James has no help? Ive been hearing this for years. Yea ole Joker has an incredibly stacked team…..

It always amuses me that the extent of your basketball analysis when judging a team is "duhhh how many all-star on team??" Never put any thought into HOW GOOD the players actually are, how the team fits together. It's always about counting past all-star appearances lmao.

It amazes me that you havent been banned on here, although im pretty sure you are the former TAJ FTW. Your entire objective of posting on here is to insult and pick a fight with other posters. When have you ever put any thought into how good the players are or how the team fits together? I have yet to see it….

The Lakers are losing because they are being outhustled and outexecuted. Game 1 they are outscored by 14 in the second half, outrebounded by 9, and had double the turnovers of Denver. Game 2 the Lakers are outscored by 17 in the second half, outrebounded by 7, and had way more turnovers again. Game 3 the Lakers are outscored by 11 in the second half and outrebounded by 13. James is pouting as usual but Denver is simply outexecuting the Lakers and Jokic is a huge reason why. Take away Davis/James - Jokic/Murray and what do you have? Porter, Gordon, KCP, Braun, Reggie Jackson, and Watson compared to Russell, Reaves, Rui, Prince, and Dinwiddie. Huge difference in talent? Nobody in the nba makes their teammates better than Jokic and that is why Denver is dominating. They lost their best bench player in Brown and didnt miss a beat. Keep on insulting people tho you are doing a great job.
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,864

Post#129 » by Heej » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:15 pm

OriginalRed wrote:
Heej wrote:
OriginalRed wrote:What kind of excuse is this lol? He shouldn't be doing it all regardless. I don't care if Jordan or Kobe did it (if they even did anywhere near as much as Lebron does), that doesn't change that it's a terrible example of leadership on the court.

Says who? Every great player shows frustration. In Bron's case it's right there on the court, in other people's cases they're making a big stink everywhere they go behind the scenes in the organization. You know what shouldn't be done at all regardless? The organizational malpractice the Lakers committed fumbling the golden ticket they were handed and repeatedly making terrible management decisions from the top down (trades, drafting, scouting, coaching, personnel development, analytics). This team is a disgrace of an organization with poor decision makers at every level from the top down. Great players demand greatness. If you can't handle that then go watch curling LMFAO. Maybe the coaches, players, and front office executives should try sucking less.

Just because other players show their own poor leadership doesn't absolve Lebron of his, what are you even trying to argue here? If you see a great player, especially one of Lebron's caliber, slumping his shoulders with poor body langauge, he should be rightfully critized for it no matter who it is.

I'm saying it's an impossible standard to hold guys to when literally every transcendent talent in any field gets annoyed by incompetent people who don't work hard enough. Every great player shows frustration when they're with a bunch of losers, it's fine to criticize him if you understand that this is normal for greats. Usually it's untalented people that cry the most about leadership.
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
Gregoire
Analyst
And1: 576

Post#130 » by Gregoire » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:34 am

OriginalRed wrote:
Heej wrote:
OriginalRed wrote:Nothing, it's just the go-to excuse Lebron fans use nowadays. Age has absolutely nothing to do with you present yourself on the court and Lebron's body language is downright pathetic at times when his teams are losing.

Who cares. LeBron doesn't do it when his team has a conceivable chance of winning. What do you think Jordan or Kobe were doing when they were stuck with a bunch of losers in the coaching staff and on the floor? The all time players know when they have hopeless losers on their team and they absolutely let people know about it. You guys would rather him just be killing the vibe in practice and in the locker room everyday and finding out about it through the media rather than see it happen in front of your face.

Does it hurt your feelings to see how lowly someone who's truly great at a sport feels about an average incompetent person like yourself who's not on their level in an endeavor. Cuz that's how every great player feels about sorry players and coaches.

What kind of excuse is this lol? He shouldn't be doing it all regardless. I don't care if Jordan or Kobe did it (if they even did anywhere near as much as Lebron does), that doesn't change that it's a terrible example of leadership on the court.

Actually LeBron is perfect example of quitting mentality... Its unprecedented for such a talented player in sports...
Heej wrote:
These no calls on LeBron are crazy. A lot of stars got foul calls to protect them.
falcolombardi wrote:
Come playoffs 18 lebron beats any version of jordan
AEnigma wrote:
Jordan is not as smart a help defender as Kidd
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,027

Post#131 » by JN61 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:28 am

Water is wet
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
Jabroni Lames
Analyst
And1: 3,949

Post#132 » by Jabroni Lames » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:37 am

PistolPeteJR wrote:
Jabroni Lames wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
Have you ever owned a business?

There isn't one management style that works in business. Sadly, the tyrant personality is quite often very successful. Elon Musk and Donald Trump are pretty good examples. Steve Jobs and Bill Gates were not universally well liked by their employees. And I think we've all experienced this personally.

Two extremes, sir. The management style that does work is the one that is both proactive at healthy culture setting while being responsive, not reactive, in the face of circumstances.

Basically, set the tone for healthiness and development. Does that mean you smile all the time? No. That's not realistic. That tells your employees, "Life is perfect and nothing ever goes wrong". Does it mean sulk all the time? Also a no, that says, "You never have a reason to be content."

I guess we have a different definition of what “works” means. In business, most people define it in financial terms. You have countless examples of miserable people, leading successful companies with miserable employees, but everybody keeps at it because they are making money hand over fist.
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,371

Post#133 » by levon » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:49 am

You guys spend a lot of time analyzing LeBron's body and how it speaks to you
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,665

Post#134 » by prophet_of_rage » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:57 am

Heej wrote:
OriginalRed wrote:
The Warrior wrote:WTF does this have to do with his body language and attitude?

Sent from my Pixel 6a using RealGM mobile app

Nothing, it's just the go-to excuse Lebron fans use nowadays. Age has absolutely nothing to do with you present yourself on the court and Lebron's body language is downright pathetic at times when his teams are losing.

Who cares. LeBron doesn't do it when his team has a conceivable chance of winning. What do you think Jordan or Kobe were doing when they were stuck with a bunch of losers in the coaching staff and on the floor? The all time players know when they have hopeless losers on their team and they absolutely let people know about it. You guys would rather him just be killing the vibe in practice and in the locker room everyday and finding out about it through the media rather than see it happen in front of your face.

Does it hurt your feelings to see how lowly someone who's truly great at a sport feels about an average incompetent person like yourself who's not on their level in an endeavor. Cuz that's how every great player feels about sorry players and coaches.
They lost and got people fired/traded like all stars do.

Sent from my SM-S9080 using RealGM mobile app
madskillz8
Senior
And1: 667

Post#135 » by madskillz8 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:07 am

levon wrote:You guys spend a lot of time analyzing LeBron's body and how it speaks to you

What should people do when all media outlets always talk about Lakers and Lebron? Maybe there is a strong correlation between media coverage and what people talk? Think about that...

I bet you can't find many who are jealous of your franchise which is being toyed by Lebron and his talented agent for years.
LaLover11
Pro Prospect
And1: 593

Post#136 » by LaLover11 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:26 am

LeBron #1 NBA Body of all time
islanders11040
Head Coach
And1: 6,933

Post#137 » by islanders11040 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:33 am

lebron screaming at his bench and letting Denver get a quick 2 reminded me of this thread
FrobeBryant
Senior
And1: 740

Post#138 » by FrobeBryant » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:04 am

islanders11040 wrote:lebron screaming at his bench and letting Denver get a quick 2 reminded me of this thread

That was a wild sequence. Darvin Ham with his hands in his pockets as Lebron is screaming for him to challenge the oob call was the most exciting part of the game.
AmIWrongDude
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,136

Post#139 » by AmIWrongDude » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:24 am

LeBrons body language was amazing in game 4 . You could almost hear his body through the screen. It was a language of love.

Really he did what he always does, got mad at bad plays, happy about good ones, and pumped up by his own big plays. They won though so that means his body language inspired the team right? Or what are the body language rules idk
madskillz8
Senior
And1: 667

Post#140 » by madskillz8 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:26 am

FrobeBryant wrote:
islanders11040 wrote:lebron screaming at his bench and letting Denver get a quick 2 reminded me of this thread

That was a wild sequence. Darvin Ham with his hands in his pockets as Lebron is screaming for him to challenge the oob call was the most exciting part of the game.

Here's the video:

Yeah, it was wild but what's wilder is how he frequently travels with the ball. It almost became his go-to move thus even the refs stopped caring about. Just look at 00:25 mark.

Return to The General Board