LeBron's body language is killing the Lakers

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Gregoire
Analyst
And1: 578

Re: LeBron's body language is killing the Lakers 

Post#41 » by Gregoire » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:59 am

Always LeChoker mentality... Another sweep? Honestly for LeBron fans it would be better they missed playoffs...
Heej wrote:
These no calls on LeBron are crazy. A lot of stars got foul calls to protect them.
falcolombardi wrote:
Come playoffs 18 lebron beats any version of jordan
AEnigma wrote:
Jordan is not as smart a help defender as Kidd
TheNG
Rookie
And1: 1,418

Post#42 » by TheNG » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:01 am

ScrantonBulls wrote:Just look at him this game. His body language is awful. He's huffing and puffing and looking like a guy whose team is getting beaten down. Body language is contagious, and he needs to be better about it. He needs to smile and joke around with his teammates, even if he doesn't want to. That's the job of a leader. Sorry, but his body language is simply killing the team right now.

What makes you think he's a leader?
If you have more "Posts" than "And1", don't feel bad if I didn't reply to you - I just don't like to speak with people who argue a lot :beer:
sackings916
Assistant Coach
And1: 629

Post#43 » by sackings916 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:15 am

TheNG wrote:
sackings916 wrote:He’s 39

How is age related to body language or leadership abilities?

The post specifically stated he’s huffing and puffing and not smiling. What’s a near 40 year old playing 40+ mins in the NBA supposed to look like?
OriginalRed
Sixth Man
And1: 2,984

Post#44 » by OriginalRed » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:04 am

Heej wrote:
OriginalRed wrote:
Heej wrote:Who cares. LeBron doesn't do it when his team has a conceivable chance of winning. What do you think Jordan or Kobe were doing when they were stuck with a bunch of losers in the coaching staff and on the floor? The all time players know when they have hopeless losers on their team and they absolutely let people know about it. You guys would rather him just be killing the vibe in practice and in the locker room everyday and finding out about it through the media rather than see it happen in front of your face.

Does it hurt your feelings to see how lowly someone who's truly great at a sport feels about an average incompetent person like yourself who's not on their level in an endeavor. Cuz that's how every great player feels about sorry players and coaches.

What kind of excuse is this lol? He shouldn't be doing it all regardless. I don't care if Jordan or Kobe did it (if they even did anywhere near as much as Lebron does), that doesn't change that it's a terrible example of leadership on the court.

Says who? Every great player shows frustration. In Bron's case it's right there on the court, in other people's cases they're making a big stink everywhere they go behind the scenes in the organization. You know what shouldn't be done at all regardless? The organizational malpractice the Lakers committed fumbling the golden ticket they were handed and repeatedly making terrible management decisions from the top down (trades, drafting, scouting, coaching, personnel development, analytics). This team is a disgrace of an organization with poor decision makers at every level from the top down. Great players demand greatness. If you can't handle that then go watch curling LMFAO. Maybe the coaches, players, and front office executives should try sucking less.

Just because other players show their own poor leadership doesn't absolve Lebron of his, what are you even trying to argue here? If you see a great player, especially one of Lebron's caliber, slumping his shoulders with poor body langauge, he should be rightfully critized for it no matter who it is.
AmIWrongDude
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,136

Post#45 » by AmIWrongDude » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:38 am

LeBron mad and serious = he’s too mean and bad body language

LeBron loose and having fun = he doesn’t care and bad body language

I hate the body language bs anyways. If you’re an NBA player making millions of dollars and you rely on what others do to motivate you or get you to play hard and do your job, you’re soft as hell point blank period.

I played every sport growing up and wasn’t particularly great at any of them but I always went hard every minute regardless of what others did because why else compete if u don’t? That’s the point and we weren’t getting paid or trying to improve a career.

There’s no excuses for any of these guys (LeBron included) to not give everything they have
SweaterBae
Rookie
And1: 1,810

Post#46 » by SweaterBae » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:42 am

LBJ is a **** leader from a personal perspective and always has been. I'm surprised, yet appreciate these threads. From a basketball perspective purely, he's top 2 of all time.
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#47 » by Statlanta » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:45 am

For me it wasn't LeBron, it was D'Angelo Russell. He did not believe. He was the former All-Star on the team yet it was Reaves who actually showed up and participated with the team. This series should be much closer than last year if he had any level of belief in this team.

Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1783714880316440693%7Ctwgr%5E446d78029f8d2334108a08c76688a7896411a44f%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.realgm.com%2Fboards%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D2372090start%3D4280
Read on Twitter
AmIWrongDude
Pro Prospect

Post#48 » by AmIWrongDude » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:47 am

Gregoire wrote:Always LeChoker mentality... Another sweep? Honestly for LeBron fans it would be better they missed playoffs...

Loser mentality is so popular on here for some reason and it blows my mind.

The point of the game is to win the Championship.

Going as far in the playoffs (aka winning as many games as possible) is the next best thing. Losing earlier (aka winning less games) is NEVER better than wining more games and the fact that people fight this fact is insane to me.

This is why the “finals record” argument is the most illogical argument of all time. Someone winning more rings than another person is a legit argument, someone having a better finals win % is nonsensical.

Would you really rather your team not make the playoffs than lose in the finals? I get it getting close and losing would be painful but it’s still always better than not even getting the chance.
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,121

Post#49 » by KyRo23 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:50 am

This was probably the worst body language from start to finish I have ever seen from him.

I think this might be the lowest IQ team he has ever played with unfortunately and he is not shying away from getting mad at players. DLo might has broken him :lol:

The plays that started it tonight especially was a sequence in the 2nd where Dlo threw the ball to Denver, which lead to a fast break 2. Next offensive possession he takes a wild 3 when LA had numbers, then gambled for a steal that lead to a dunk. LA did not recover after that, which was almost a perfect mirror of the plays that happened in game 1.

I'm trying to narrow it down to low IQ moments that have effected LeBron like this over the course of multiple games, but I can't place any. I know the JR Smith play was wild in 2018 and LeBrons OT body language was trash.

Listen, LeBron has great IQ on the court, but he is far from perfect. He makes some weird mistakes too. He has to chill with that ****
AmIWrongDude
Pro Prospect

Post#50 » by AmIWrongDude » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:52 am

SweaterBae wrote:LBJ is a **** leader from a personal perspective and always has been. I'm surprised, yet appreciate these threads. From a basketball perspective purely, he's top 2 of all time.

The reality is we as fans can’t really know who’s a good leader and who’s a bad leader.

So much of that happens behind closed doors. Going by things like body language is crazy. Different people respond good/bad to different types of leadership and we don’t know **** about these players.

Winning a lot gets equates to good leadership but that’s not how it works at all. You can be a terrible leader and still win everything.
AmIWrongDude
Pro Prospect

Post#51 » by AmIWrongDude » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:59 am

KyRo23 wrote:This was probably the worst body language from start to finish I have ever seen from him.

I think this might be the lowest IQ team he has ever played with unfortunately and he is not shying away from getting mad at players. DLo might has broken him :lol:

The plays that started it tonight especially was a sequence in the 2nd where Dlo threw the ball to Denver, which lead to a fast break 2. Next offensive possession he takes a wild 3 when LA had numbers, then gambled for a steal that lead to a dunk. LA did not recover after that, which was almost a perfect mirror of the plays that happened in game 1.

I'm trying to narrow it down to low IQ moments that have effected LeBron like this over the course of multiple games, but I can't place any. I know the JR Smith play was wild in 2018 and LeBrons OT body language was trash.

Listen, LeBron has great IQ on the court, but he is far from perfect. He makes some weird mistakes too. He has to chill with that ****

You’re right but to be fair you can tell DLO is the type of guy that would drive you nuts. He’s the biggest front runner I’ve ever seen. He’s either hot and piling on or doing the dumbest **** at the worst possible time while NEVER doing any of the little things to make up for it.

LeBrons body language can definitely be bad but I think people act like it has a bigger effect than it does. I just don’t see how a competitor at the top of his field should need positive body language to play hard or do their job right.

That goes for Kobe and MJ type too. Them scolding you shouldn’t make you not be able to do the job you’re meant to do if you’re really a pro.
SweaterBae
Rookie
And1: 1,810

Post#52 » by SweaterBae » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:11 am

AmIWrongDude wrote:
SweaterBae wrote:LBJ is a **** leader from a personal perspective and always has been. I'm surprised, yet appreciate these threads. From a basketball perspective purely, he's top 2 of all time.

The reality is we as fans can’t really know who’s a good leader and who’s a bad leader.

So much of that happens behind closed doors. Going by things like body language is crazy. Different people respond good/bad to different types of leadership and we don’t know **** about these players.

Winning a lot gets equates to good leadership but that’s not how it works at all. You can be a terrible leader and still win everything.

We can see dudes quitting on hundreds of plays.
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,652

Post#53 » by nomansland » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:12 am

I don't know if he's supposed to be joking and smiling. I wouldn't be.

But pouty and whiny is not a good look either, and that stuff is contagious. He's also old and tired.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,195

Post#54 » by zimpy27 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:13 am

The older you get the more difficult it can be to suffer fools gladly
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
KyRo23
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by KyRo23 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:19 am

SweaterBae wrote:
AmIWrongDude wrote:

We can see dudes quitting on hundreds of plays.

Now you have to ask yourself which one is the cause. You seem to think dudes are quitting on hundreds of plays... are they quitting because LeBron has bad body language or does LeBron have bad body language cuz dudes are quitting on hundreds of plays? I'm honestly not sure
zero rings
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,441

Post#56 » by zero rings » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:20 am

Lebron has always been a front runner, even going back to his early Cleveland days. It's just who he is.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,195

Post#57 » by zimpy27 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:37 am

zero rings wrote:Lebron has always been a front runner, even going back to his early Cleveland days. It's just who he is.

Front runner means someone that is likely to win a race..

What's that got to do with bad body language?
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
FeatheryTouch
Senior
And1: 653

Post#58 » by FeatheryTouch » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:43 am

Lebron motivates his teammates with sticks(as in he's going to talk to the GM and get you traded), not carrots.
KyRo23
Lead Assistant

Post#59 » by KyRo23 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:49 am

zero rings wrote:Lebron has always been a front runner, even going back to his early Cleveland days. It's just who he is.

His body language is trash, but this is a wild statement :lol:

Like half of LeBron's greatest moments are when they are down/losing a series... isn't that the exact opposite of a front runner?

2012 Celtics, down 3-2, had one of his best games ever
Down 0-2 to Celtics in 2018, rallying in game 7 to win at the end
Down 3-1 to GS, has back to back 41 point games
Never had a series lead against SA in 2013 and played great
First ring they were down 0-1 to OKC. I believe OKC was favored
2007 run was not a front running performance
2015 vs the Bulls, hits a buzzer beater to tie the series 2-2. It would have been 3-1 Bulls if he missed
Goes down 3-2 to Indy in 2018 if he didn't hit the buzzer beater
His whole Pistons run in 2007 was while they were down to tie and barely take any leads
2020 finals run, they were losing game 1s
One of his best finals 4th quarters was against SA when they started the 4th down 12. That was game 6 btw

Where are these front running performances :lol: come one dude it's not even close to true
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,291

Post#60 » by brutalitops » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:28 am

Old man tired after being best player vsing best team. Lebron's fault.

Return to The General Board