LeBron's body language is killing the Lakers

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

LaLover11
Rookie
And1: 727

Re: LeBron's body language is killing the Lakers 

Post#101 » by LaLover11 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:33 pm

VanWest82 wrote:
zero rings wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:Are you serious? He did it to the entire Cavs roster for all of Jan 2015.

Not to mention the entire young core of the 2019 Lakers.

Hard to know what was worse, the head shaking condemnation after misses or Ingram and Lonzo's names being out there in trade rumours every day because it was an open secret Lebron was trying to trade them for AD.

All those 2019 players still suck or have career ending injuries. All these 2024 players suck and can't defend

Go Play at the Gym and play vs the best team in the court and only Pick 1 good guy and then choose the 3 worst players in the Court and be happy getting your ass destroyed lmao. I've noticed a lot of people don't actually play competitive basketball in these Forums
Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,359

Post#102 » by Cavsfansince84 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:34 pm

There's no perfect answers to most of what the media asks players. That's why its generally better to just give as short answers as possible and not overthink anything you say as an athlete. Otherwise its just gets twisted and turned 1000x over on the internet. More so if you are a top 5 player. LeBron does the media a favor by talking more but its also opens him up to a lot of criticism.
zero rings
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,441

Post#103 » by zero rings » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:43 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:
zero rings wrote:

Hard to know what was worse, the head shaking condemnation after misses or Ingram and Lonzo's names being out there in trade rumours every day because it was an open secret Lebron was trying to trade them for AD.

All those 2019 players still suck or have career ending injuries. All these 2024 players suck and can't defend

Go Play at the Gym and play vs the best team in the court and only Pick 1 good guy and then choose the 3 worst players in the Court and be happy getting your ass destroyed lmao. I've noticed a lot of people don't actually play competitive basketball in these Forums

Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, and Ivica Zubac suck?

Even if they did suck, it’s not an excuse to be a pouty baby. Lebron actually chose to play with those guys before throwing them under the bus.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,781

Post#104 » by VanWest82 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:45 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:
zero rings wrote:

Players getting injured later on in their careers is irrelevant. The point is to what degree Lebron's passive aggressivenes actually impacts certain teammates. Go look at DLo and Reaves's pre vs. post trade deadline splits the last two years. Go back and look at Lonzo and Ingram's play during that period leading into the trade deadline in 2019 when their names were being floated.

If you want to look at defense in this series, look at Lebron. He isn't exactly boxing out or rebounding. AG is killing him on the glass, and Nuggets are shooting 66% against Lebron specifically.
MavsDirk41
Analyst
And1: 2,546

Post#105 » by MavsDirk41 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:46 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:
zero rings wrote:

So your saying besides Davis, James has no help? Ive been hearing this for years. Yea ole Joker has an incredibly stacked team…..
LaLover11
Rookie

Post#106 » by LaLover11 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:48 pm

zero rings wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:Hard to know what was worse, the head shaking condemnation after misses or Ingram and Lonzo's names being out there in trade rumours every day because it was an open secret Lebron was trying to trade them for AD.

Brandon Ingram, Julius Randle, and Ivica Zubac suck now?

Even if they did suck, it’s not an excuse to be a pouty baby. Lebron actually chose to play with those guys before throwing them under the bus.

Yes Ingram is currently getting destroyed by the Thunder
Randle is Injured and out the Playoffs, Zubac is the only good player on that team but he wanted to get paid
Glad he went to the clippers for the Bag

Lonzo is practically retired and Kuzma is having fun winning 7 game a season
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,781

Post#107 » by VanWest82 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:49 pm

I want to add that as much as I do believe Lebron's body language is hurting the Lakers just like it's hurt all his previous teams, I also think he's carrying too big of a load at 39 and outside of the bad body language has been very impressive on offense. He's still a killer and we should definitely credit him for his extraordinary play.
LaLover11
Rookie

Post#108 » by LaLover11 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:51 pm

VanWest82 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:Hard to know what was worse, the head shaking condemnation after misses or Ingram and Lonzo's names being out there in trade rumours every day because it was an open secret Lebron was trying to trade them for AD.

Players getting injured later on in their careers is irrelevant. The point is to what degree Lebron's passive aggressivenes actually impacts certain teammates. Go look at DLo and Reaves's pre vs. post trade deadline splits the last two years. Go back and look at Lonzo and Ingram's play during that period leading into the trade deadline in 2019 when their names were being floated.

If you want to look at defense in this series, look at Lebron. He isn't exactly boxing out or rebounding. AG is killing him on the glass, and Nuggets are shooting 66% against Lebron specifically.

He's about to be 40yrs old and you're surprised a freak athlete that gave everyone the best Slam Dunk contest in the last 20 yrs is out rebounding and hustling out LeBron??? Just think about what you're saying man

Jokic and Gordon are Beast

Even Prime Dwight would have trouble with these two players
zero rings
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,441

Post#109 » by zero rings » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:57 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
zero rings wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

Randle is Injured and out the Playoffs, Zubac is the only good player on that team but he wanted to get paid

I don’t care if he was playing with the Washington Generals. Publicly shaming your young teammates, who you chose to play with, is poor leadership.
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,854

Post#110 » by Marrrcuss » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:00 pm

AmIWrongDude wrote:Never knew we had so many body language experts in here. Impressive.

They seem to have advanced degrees in the subject
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,854

Post#111 » by Marrrcuss » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:02 pm

zero rings wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, and Ivica Zubac suck?

You mean the Ingram that missed over 30 games? Im guessing you are saying his body language messed up his vibe while in street clothes? Bruh, you are a full on liar that just has it in for LeBron. Admit that shyt so we can move on
LaLover11
Rookie

Post#112 » by LaLover11 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:03 pm

zero rings wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
zero rings wrote:

I don’t care if he was playing with the Washington Generals. Publicly shaming your young teammates, who you chose to play with, is poor leadership.

I guess he should just Punch his Teammates instead like MJ decked Steve Kerr or Draymond Sucker Punched Jordan Poole lmao lol

That would show his teammates he has killer instinct and the whole media that LeBron has Great body Language!!!

LeBron all you had to do is Knockout D Lo at practice and everything would've been great this playoffs
BSJ2024
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#113 » by BSJ2024 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:12 pm

PistolPeteJR wrote:
ScrantonBulls wrote:Just look at him this game. His body language is awful. He's huffing and puffing and looking like a guy whose team is getting beaten down. Body language is contagious, and he needs to be better about it. He needs to smile and joke around with his teammates, even if he doesn't want to. That's the job of a leader. Sorry, but his body language is simply killing the team right now.

Have you ever owned a business?

Can you please elaborate on where you are going with this since everyone ignored your post
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,692

Post#114 » by Harry Garris » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:19 pm

I'm sorry but smiling and acting all buddy buddy with your guys when you're about to lose your 11th consecutive game to the same team? About to be swept in the playoffs for the second straight year? I don't get it.

I'm probably over competitive to the point where it's a problem but I'll get all pissed off and be unable to hide it on my face if I'm losing in a pick up game that doesn't matter at all, I can't imagine just faking a sunny disposition as a competitor after being on the brink of getting swept in the playoffs.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,320

Post#115 » by enigmatics » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:24 pm

He must've recently attended the Kevin Durant School of Body language.
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,480

Post#116 » by PistolPeteJR » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:25 pm

BSJ2024 wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
ScrantonBulls wrote:Just look at him this game. His body language is awful. He's huffing and puffing and looking like a guy whose team is getting beaten down. Body language is contagious, and he needs to be better about it. He needs to smile and joke around with his teammates, even if he doesn't want to. That's the job of a leader. Sorry, but his body language is simply killing the team right now.

Have you ever owned a business?

Can you please elaborate on where you are going with this since everyone ignored your post

For starters, everyone did not ignore my post. Go check again.

Secondly, I thought it was obvious, but I'll bite.

The job of a leader is not to "smile and joke around" with colleagues, peers, employees, in the worst of times. The job of a leader is to know his personnel, recognize a situation and know what to do or say given all of those circumstances. The job of a leader is not to conceal things and constantly play the, "Everything's going to be alright" card. It's to know when to be confrontational, and when to let things go; when to be blunt, and when to be more tactful; who you can be stern with and who you need to be gentler with; and the list goes on and on.

OP is saying LeBron should be smiling and joking around during Game 3 when they're down 0-2 in the series and were on the verge of going down 0-3 (which they are down now) thanks largely in part to DLo's magical disappearing act on offense and invisibility on defense while only showing up on offense in Game 2, and Rui's complete inadequacy all series long, not to mention the bench being MIA in exception of Prince, and Ham being complete trash to the point where even AD's calling him out post-game.
srhcan
Veteran
And1: 1,674

Post#117 » by srhcan » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:29 pm

sackings916 wrote:He’s 39

this should not be used as an excuse; he is making lot of money and if he cannot deliver then retire
LaLover11
Rookie

Post#118 » by LaLover11 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:32 pm

srhcan wrote:
sackings916 wrote:He’s 39

this should not be used as an excuse; he is making lot of money and if he cannot deliver then retire

Lebron is averaging 26ppg at 39yrs old vs the defending champion Nuggets lmao

Maybe you should retire from RealGM
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 5,971

Post#119 » by Exp0sed » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:42 pm

KrAzY3 wrote:
socal74 wrote:He's old. There's nothing more nothing less.

We both know the poor body language didn't start when he got old, it started when he faced adversity.

He's had some amazing highs in his career, but when things don't go his way, sometimes he does mentally check out. I saw this all the way back when he had a 66 win Cavs team, he won his first MVP, and he got beat soundly by a Magic team with only one star (Dwight Howard). He put up good stats, but he lacked composure, he whined a lot, and you could tell the series was over well before the Magic finished them off. He just has two ways he handles adversity, we saw the good way down against the Spurs and down 3-1 against the Warriors, but if you haven't noticed the other way he handles adversity and how he kind of checks out mentally you haven't been paying attention...

the reason LBJ gets so much unwarranted hate and criticism (apart from being great, which always puts a target on ur back) is that ppl have always expected him to be like Mike. but he's not Mike, and it's a different era in basketball and culturally in general

sitting in a post game presser after this game 3 loss saying: "at the end of the day, it's just basketball" is probably the least "Mike" thing he could have said but that's reality for him..he's a billionaire athlete, with huge business interests and influence and he's 39..it's easier to be all about basketball when ur 19 and hungry for everything

LBJ's priorities are different and have been different for a while (which is why he picked the Lakers in the first place, who weren't even close to being the best destination he could have picked if he prioritized winning) and that's fine

Lakers are a play-in team. Nuggets have the best starting 5 in basketball and they're led very well by an ATG player in his prime - you can't beat them with 4 players one of which is almost 40 years old..

one game Reaves is a no show, D-lo in two others, Rui basically all series..if they had better starters they wouldn't have been a play-in team to begin with and they wouldn't get swept by the Nuggets twice (they'd still lose tho) but they don't have those starters, so it is what is
sammo89
Junior
And1: 204

Post#120 » by sammo89 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:49 pm

Lack of emotional control in male adults is often linked to fatherlessness. Check all the pouty players in the league, most of them have dads who left early in their childhood. Don't know whether this is fixable

Return to The General Board