If you're LeBron... Where do you go to win

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,694

Re: If you're LeBron... Where do you go to win 

Post#101 » by SelfishPlayer » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:13 pm

SK21209 wrote:In February there was a story in the New York Post that, while the Lakers were in NY to play the Knicks, Leon and Rose and Rich Paul had a "peace summit". Obviously, there had been a lot of bad blood there for years since LeBron left CAA and went with Paul in 2012. Why did this meeting happen 12 years later?

LeBron sliding into Randle's slot with the Knicks makes a lot of sense IMO. The Knicks are the kind of team LeBron needs around him at this stage of his career. They have a primary ballhandler and scorer in Brunson, as well as a number of solid, two-way role players that play with force every single night. One of the biggest problems the Lakers are having with the Nuggets right now is that LeBron and AD are the only guys able to reach the level of physicality needed at least somewhat slow down Denver offensively. LeBron is expending a ton of effort as a weakside defender and helper and just can't sustain that and his required offensive load at this point. When LeBron is engaged on both ends he's still been one of the 5 best players in the world this season, he just can't do it every night. It would be huge for him to have guys like DiVincenzo, Hart, Anunoby, etc. that bring the dirty work stuff every night.

I think there's a real chance this happens.

Interesting word considering Embiid's game 3.
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
PedroFlu
Pro Prospect
And1: 650

Post#102 » by PedroFlu » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:19 pm

Being perfectly honest, I think he lost too many times now... its not pretty.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,794

Post#103 » by Tor_Raps » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:26 pm

LOL why is it to accepted that Lebron is allowed to ring whore and everyone else gets knocked for it.

How about Lebron just stick it out with a team for once like practically every other player in history. It's a flat out pathetic mentality lol.
KrAzY3
Starter
And1: 2,550

Post#104 » by KrAzY3 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:05 pm

In-N-Out 247 wrote:
KrAzY3 wrote:.

In-N-Out 247 wrote:I mean to be fair Jordan was very young, those were 5 game series and we're talking about the 80's Celtics. But yeah - I'd still say it was embarrassing.

I learned something today, setting the all time PPG record for a playoff is embarrassing.

OK to be fair I was like 13 years old when that happened and was not really watching that much basketball back then, so I don't specifically remember how it all went down. I was more generalizing that being swept out of the playoffs by the same team 2 years in a row is embarrassing. Knowing how completive Jordan is I don't suspect he was too happy with it either.

In general though yeah I'd agree it's embarrassing, but in 86 we are talking about a truly amazing playoff performance, one some people imagine other player's had.

So Jordan has been injured, only played 18 games, comes back even though the Bulls didn't really want him to. He's matched up against a 67 win Celtics team that would go in to win the Finals. They had Bird, Johnson, McHale, Parish and Walton. That's 5 Hall of Famers, on Jordan's end the second leading scorer is Orlando Woolridge, a zero time All Star. They did have Oakley, who as far as I know is the only other guy on the team that ever made the All Star game (one time), so this is one of those bad rosters people want to pretend other playoff rosters have, facing a true juggernaut. I mean it's a 30 win team right, two All Stars vs 5 Hall of Famers.

So, Jordan averages 43.7 points, while leading the Bulls in blocks, steals, and assists, and he was also third on the team in rebounds. He truly did it all that series, and it really was a one man show. It wasn't all for nothing either, in the second game @ Boston, it was only a four point loss. In that game Jordan 63 points to go along with 2 blocks, 3 steals, 6 assists, and 5 rebounds. Truly one of the most amazing single game performances in the playoffs, and he nearly took down a dynasty level Celtics team nearly single handed.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,111

Post#105 » by Lockdown504090 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:09 pm

Jerry Maine wrote:Chyna

It would accelerate him owning a team someone will give him 100 million to do it
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,925

Post#106 » by Calvin Klein » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:14 pm

Johnny Firpo wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:Warriors. He can invite KD to join him. They can ruin the NBA one last time before retiring.

Not that it's possible, but a Steph-Klay-LeBron-KD-Green team wouldn't win either.

This is what I want.

All the toxic player fans in one team. It would be hilarious. And they wouldn’t win. Also, I would not have to watch KD on my team anymore.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,201

Post#107 » by M2J » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:07 am

Knicks are the perfect situation for him
ChiTownHero1992
Veteran
And1: 1,515

Post#108 » by ChiTownHero1992 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:11 am

Home...you can probably beat Bronny...then again so could everyone here most likely hahaha
The Warrior
Head Coach
And1: 10,157

Post#109 » by The Warrior » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:47 am

Big3 to link up with his old big 3.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using RealGM mobile app
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,613

Post#110 » by youngthegiant » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:56 am

Reckless speculation...but I think he teams up with Steph next season.
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,074

Post#111 » by Residual-Heat » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:00 am

GSW. I would love to see him with Curry .
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,069

Post#112 » by JustBuzzin » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:03 am

youngthegiant wrote:Reckless speculation...but I think he teams up with Steph next season.

Nah I only think he leaves for NY. Warriors tried to recruit him at the deadline he said no.

He brings a title to NY he's king not only in LA but NY as well. You don't get any bigger than that. That city is starving for a championship.

LeBron to NY makes a ton of sense. He's back in the weaker East as well.
Ursusamericanus
Veteran
And1: 2,688

Post#113 » by Ursusamericanus » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:11 am

SK21209 wrote:In February there was a story in the New York Post that, while the Lakers were in NY to play the Knicks, Leon and Rose and Rich Paul had a "peace summit". Obviously, there had been a lot of bad blood there for years since LeBron left CAA and went with Paul in 2012. Why did this meeting happen 12 years later?

LeBron sliding into Randle's slot with the Knicks makes a lot of sense IMO. The Knicks are the kind of team LeBron needs around him at this stage of his career. They have a primary ballhandler and scorer in Brunson, as well as a number of solid, two-way role players that play with force every single night. One of the biggest problems the Lakers are having with the Nuggets right now is that LeBron and AD are the only guys able to reach the level of physicality needed at least somewhat slow down Denver offensively. LeBron is expending a ton of effort as a weakside defender and helper and just can't sustain that and his required offensive load at this point. When LeBron is engaged on both ends he's still been one of the 5 best players in the world this season, he just can't do it every night. It would be huge for him to have guys like DiVincenzo, Hart, Anunoby, etc. that bring the dirty work stuff every night.

I think there's a real chance this happens.

Yup, I've thought about this a lot. Of course, I wish it happened in 2010 but now's a better time to join the Knicks if you're LeBron. Help bring a title to a team that hasn't won in 51 years, is right on the come up, is in the media capital of the world, and has the most passionate fans.
jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,275

Post#114 » by jkvonny » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:50 am

Mmeeennnaaasssooodddaaaaa !!
LaLover11
Rookie
And1: 661

Post#115 » by LaLover11 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:56 am

jkvonny wrote:Mmeeennnaaasssooodddaaaaa !!

LeBron and MJ 2.0 would be a great Duo

Return to The General Board