If you're LeBron... Where do you go to win

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

LaLover11
Pro Prospect
And1: 598

Re: If you're LeBron... Where do you go to win 

Post#61 » by LaLover11 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:37 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
Lalouie wrote:
Riley might be done with lebrob. go back to Cleveland. it's the logical simple solution

He needs to give Butler his Ring before he retires
Lillard wanted to go there before they traded him to Bucks
Maybe LeBron can take another paycut like he did with Bosh and Wade and somehow get Dame there also

Lebron took a 12% discount on a 115m contract while making 9-figures from Nike to create a super team.
1. He would probably have to take a 80% pay cut to sign with the Heat since they are over the cap. Even then, I don't know how it would work with Dame, Bam and Butler making $130m combined. Do they trade all their decent assets for Dame? How do you fill out the roster.
2. Call me a Hater, but I don't think James, Bam, Dame, Butler next year are top-level contenders. If he is really willing to sign for the min/ Tax=payer MLE, I feel Philly, New York, LAC, Cleveland, MKE, Minn, Bos, Phx, Dallas, are all better options.

Herro & Rozier matchup salary wise for Lillard
Bucks might ask for Jovic or JJ but it's possible

Lillard, Martin, Butler, LeBron, Bam
Murray, KCP, Porter, Gordon, Jokic

That heat team beats the Celtics and will have a great chance to get wins vs the Nuggets.

LeBron would have to take the MLE, If Heat draft Bronny I don't know how LeBron doesn't do it
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,690

Post#62 » by SelfishPlayer » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:38 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:Philly. Come join Embiid and Maxey. He's gotta be better than Tobias

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

If Embiid can make it to the Finals relatuvely healthy, he can dominate Jokic as he normally does.

All those games he's played in Denver against Jokic lead you to this "conclusion"?

Does any superstar in NBA history have a lengthy track record of severely underperforming in road games against Denver?
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
In-N-Out 247
Junior
And1: 244

Post#63 » by In-N-Out 247 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:48 pm

I am about 99% sure he will stay with the Lakers. If he were to leave I think it would only make sense to go back to Cleveland or Miami. All other options would be ring chasing and I don't see him doing that.

The Lakers have some roster flexibility this off-season since they have reasonably good players on fairly low salaries that should be easy to trade - Reaves, Rui, Vanderbilt, Vincent and maybe DLO (if he opts in - could be a S&T but that gets complicated). The also have some tradeable draft picks.

I could see them doing a 3 for 1 trade, in fact I expect them to be very aggressive on the trade market this summer.
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach

Post#64 » by SelfishPlayer » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:48 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
Sacramento Kings with Sabonis and Fox?
King James playing for the Kings :)

That's a team that would matchup with Youth and Length vs the Jokic & Nuggets

Fox, Keegan, Lyles, LeBron, Sabonis
Murray, KCP, Porter, Gordon, Jokic

Kings can just trade away Huerter/Barnes and if necessary Monk to make cap space for LeBron

Sabonis isn't clearly outplayed by Jokic? I just looked at the head to head numbers and Jokic is clearly ahead. It's not close by looking at the numbers. LeBron would need to absolutely be on a team that has a big that can guard Jokic really well and keep him busy defensively, or score on him really well and not get dominated offensively by Jokic. AD scores the ball well but Jokic is too strong for him.

Nuggets are 1-3 vs the Kings this regular season?
Sabonis and LeBron is a great front court vs Jokic and Gordon. Fox would be great vs Murray and Keegan would be their KCP with more scoring. Lyles can contest Porter a lot better being 6'9 and he can hit Open 3's

Nobody is going to be the same scorer or passer like Jokic but Sabonis is definitely going to make Jokic work a lot harder than AD! It's also still California and Kings Fans would accept LeBron a lot more than Lakers/Clippers/Warriors. It's obvious Kings need that last missing piece to compete

I don't think LeBron would go to a non playoff team even if they have played well against the Nuggets. That's too much of a gamble when the goal is to win the CHIP. I think it is a requirement for the team to at least be a playoff team without him, otherwise they are not much better than the Lakers without him. LeBron needs to solve the Jokic problem and still have enough offensive players around him to pull them to a CHIP. Embiid solves the Jokic problem and Maxey has much more in common with Kyrie than Fox does.

SelfishPlayer
Head Coach

Post#65 » by SelfishPlayer » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:50 pm

In-N-Out 247 wrote:I am about 99% sure he will stay with the Lakers. If he were to leave I think it would only make sense to go back to Cleveland or Miami. All other options would be ring chasing and I don't see him doing that.

The Lakers have some roster flexibility this off-season since they have reasonably good players on fairly low salaries that should be easy to trade - Reaves, Rui, Vanderbilt, Vincent and maybe DLO (if he opts in - could be a S&T but that gets complicated). The also have some tradeable draft picks.

I could see them doing a 3 for 1 trade, in fact I expect them to be very aggressive on the trade market this summer.

Is ring chasing really a term for players currently playing at an All Star level? I recall it being used for washed up All Stars trying to win a ring before they retire.

PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,425

Post#66 » by PhilBlackson » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:51 pm

Some people are throwing out teams that don’t even have the money available to get him lol

But of those that actually do it’s PHI or OKC and I’d say preferably PHI.

Chet still won’t have the size to handle Jokic and I think those guys want to create their own legacies. PHI is clearly desperate to see “The Process” end in a ring. It’s where I thought he should’ve went instead of LA to begin with, he could’ve potentially had more than one already. Him and Maxey could obviously reduce the load on Embiid and vice versa. They’d be a trio whose skill set matches with each other and everyone primed to win right now with a proven coach as well.

In the end this is pointless because he just wants to retire in the LA sun with his family and of course has earned that. The Lakers will make push to get Trae this summer and then when that fails LeBron will follow Bronny so his son can have courtside seats to his Farewell Tour and call it a (amazing) career.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
LaLover11
Pro Prospect

Post#67 » by LaLover11 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:53 pm

SelfishPlayer wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:
Sabonis isn't clearly outplayed by Jokic? I just looked at the head to head numbers and Jokic is clearly ahead. It's not close by looking at the numbers. LeBron would need to absolutely be on a team that has a big that can guard Jokic really well and keep him busy defensively, or score on him really well and not get dominated offensively by Jokic. AD scores the ball well but Jokic is too strong for him.

Sabonis and LeBron is a great front court vs Jokic and Gordon. Fox would be great vs Murray and Keegan would be their KCP with more scoring. Lyles can contest Porter a lot better being 6'9 and he can hit Open 3's

Nobody is going to be the same scorer or passer like Jokic but Sabonis is definitely going to make Jokic work a lot harder than AD! It's also still California and Kings Fans would accept LeBron a lot more than Lakers/Clippers/Warriors. It's obvious Kings need that last missing piece to compete

I don't think LeBron would go to a non playoff team even if they have played well against the Nuggets. That's too much of a gamble when the goal is to win the CHIP. I think it is a requirement for the team to at least be a playoff team without him, otherwise they are not much better than the Lakers without him. LeBron needs to solve the Jokic problem and still have enough offensive players around him to pull them to a CHIP. Embiid solves the Jokic problem and Maxey has much more in common with Kyrie than Fox does.

Only problem with the Sixers plan is that it's terrible weather, fans and it would be Joel's Team and LeBron would be a Durant Style mercenary signing.

Did you just say that The Lakers without LeBron with Ham Coaching is equal to a Sabonis & Fox Kings team with Mike Brown??

That's the wildest thing I've ever heard on here lol
dWadeOwnzYou
Pro Prospect
And1: 568

Post#68 » by dWadeOwnzYou » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:58 pm

Its only fitting if he goes back home to Cleveland honestly. Play for a couple more years with the young guns and see where it goes. If he wins a ring, it would be a perfect send off in an unprecedented fashion. If not, he will still be cherished and loved there with his legacy already cemented during his peak. It just wouldn't feel right to retire in Laker's land, under Kobe's shadow and all.
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach

Post#69 » by SelfishPlayer » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:58 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

Only problem with the Sixers plan is that it's terrible weather, fans and it would be Joel's Team and LeBron would be a Durant Style mercenary signing.

Did you just say that The Lakers without LeBron with Ham Coaching is equal to a Sabonis & Fox Kings team with Mike Brown??

That's the wildest thing I've ever heard on here lol

A Kings team that didn't make the post season isn't much better than an AD led Lakers with DLo completely unleashed. They both miss the playoffs. LeBron is from Akron, living in a condo in the Philly area from November through April ( colder weather months) will not be a challenge IMO.

In-N-Out 247
Junior
And1: 244

Post#70 » by In-N-Out 247 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:03 pm

SelfishPlayer wrote:
In-N-Out 247 wrote:I am about 99% sure he will stay with the Lakers. If he were to leave I think it would only make sense to go back to Cleveland or Miami. All other options would be ring chasing and I don't see him doing that.

Is ring chasing really a term for players currently playing at an All Star level? I recall it being used for washed up All Stars trying to win a ring before they retire.

I get what you are saying, but I think so in this specific scenario. It will be his 22nd season, coming off another embarrassing playoff loss and he'll likely have to take a massive pay cut to leave LA. If he signs with an established playoff team then yeah I think that would be ring chasing.
shi-woo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,456

Post#71 » by shi-woo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:07 pm

Go wherever you want to retire and live.

People saying CLE are joking, right? He already played that card, and it would only undo the years and years of propaganda he invested in about "Winning for the Land," and not "Teaming up with 2 other All-NBA Players." Bro scorched that team twice, give it a break, LeBron never cared about CLE like that, he isn't built like KG or Dirk guys. It may be where he's from, but it's never been where he wanted to be

LeBron just needs to retire, the ghost lapped him years ago the minute KD Steph and Kawhi proved how easy it is to win rings like that.

Get your 2 year contract from LA, wait for the inevitable Gasol/Dwight/Davis trade for peanuts you know is coming, make one more solid run in LA, and then hang them up in the city you were born to be in. Hollywood :lol:

Anything else would only hurt his image at this point. All his business' are there, his family is there, and the older you get the more conservative you become. Moving around like that isn't cool once you're an old man, you just want to sit at home and yell at clouds and shadows.

Can't wait for him to retire, the propaganda is too much
LaLover11
Pro Prospect

Post#72 » by LaLover11 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:07 pm

In-N-Out 247 wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:

I get what you are saying, but I think so in this specific scenario. It will be his 22nd season, coming off another embarrassing playoff loss and he'll likely have to take a massive pay cut to leave LA. If he signs with an established playoff team then yeah I think that would be ring chasing.

Embarrassing? Look at the Lakers Roster besides LeBron and AD and realize it's 2 vs 5 smh

If he signs with Kings, Clippers, Heat, Cavs, Spurs
It would not be ring chasing
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach

Post#73 » by SelfishPlayer » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:08 pm

In-N-Out 247 wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:

The Sixers can pay him the max. If ring chasing isn't reserved for washed up all stars that lack a ring, it should at least be reserved for instances where the player joins a team that at least made the Finals already before his signing.

KrAzY3
Starter
And1: 2,546

Post#74 » by KrAzY3 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:10 pm

In-N-Out 247 wrote:I could see them doing a 3 for 1 trade, in fact I expect them to be very aggressive on the trade market this summer.

To what end? There's a rift forming between AD and Ham, perhaps more specifically between AD and the front office. LeBron is going to turn 40 next year, not even a visit to Miami is going to keep him from fading in the second half like he has against the Nuggets.

Unless you are talking about aggressively unloading assets, a sign and trade with LeBron, perhaps moving AD, starting to build up some assets... I don't see them doing anything aggressive, because why on earth do they have any reason to believe AD and LeBron are going to do better next year?

AD played 76 games this year, LeBron played 71 games this year, the most the both have done in a long time, and yet they were still a single loss away from the 10th spot in the play-in. They are on the verge of getting swept in the first round of the playoffs. You really think going all in on that core is a good idea?
LaLover11
Pro Prospect

Post#75 » by LaLover11 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:18 pm

KrAzY3 wrote:
In-N-Out 247 wrote:I could see them doing a 3 for 1 trade, in fact I expect them to be very aggressive on the trade market this summer.

To what end? There's a rift forming between AD and Ham, perhaps more specifically between AD and the front office. LeBron is going to turn 40 next year, not even a visit to Miami is going to keep him from fading in the second half like he has against the Nuggets.

Unless you are talking about aggressively unloading assets, a sign and trade with LeBron, perhaps moving AD, starting to build up some assets... I don't see them doing anything aggressive, because why on earth do they have any reason to believe AD and LeBron are going to do better next year?

AD played 76 games this year, LeBron played 71 games this year, the most the both have done in a long time, and yet they were still a single loss away from the 10th spot in the play-in. They are on the verge of getting swept in the first round of the playoffs. You really think going all in on that core is a good idea?

Yes if they get rid of all the current players besides AD & LeBron... Nobody is untradable.

Nuggets are literally only playing 7 players in the Playoffs
Get Trae Young and Capela for all the Lakers assets aka Reaves, Rui, D Lo, Gabe, Vando that would be a 5 for 2

That starting lineup of Trae, Prince, LeBron, AD, Capela
Easily makes the Playoffs and will just have to avoid Denver again in the 1st round to work up some chemistry

You can still sign Minimum and Buyouts that are better than D Lo and Rui. AR will be missed but he looks exhausted playing for the Lakers

Last thing to do would be to Fire Ham and Pelinka
Hire JJ Reddick and Bring Back Magic
DorianRo
Senior
And1: 617

Post#76 » by DorianRo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:19 pm

Nowhere. He should retire. Collusion titles don’t count for much IMO. He’s done enough of that since 2010. I don’t rank KDs titles that high either because of it. It’s just taking the easy way out. Even if Lebron does go to some super team to collude what’s it do for his legacy? It doesn’t move him up the GOAT list any higher taking the easy way out
LaLover11
Pro Prospect

Post#77 » by LaLover11 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:21 pm

DorianRo wrote:Nowhere. He should retire. Collusion titles don’t count for much IMO. He’s done enough of that since 2010. I don’t rank KDs titles that high either because of it. It’s just taking the easy way out. Even if Lebron does go to some super team to collude what’s it do for his legacy? It doesn’t move him up the GOAT list any higher taking the easy way out

Denver is the only Superteam in the NBA lmao everybody else sucks
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,985

Post#78 » by Johnny Bball » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:32 pm

SelfishPlayer wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:
If Embiid can make it to the Finals relatuvely healthy, he can dominate Jokic as he normally does.

All those games he's played in Denver against Jokic lead you to this "conclusion"?

Does any superstar in NBA history have a lengthy track record of severely underperforming in road games against Denver?

I think they have a track record of actually playing in denver.
Kobe187
Starter
And1: 1,907

Post#79 » by Kobe187 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:44 pm

No contending team would benefit from LeBron unless he’s ok with being a team 1st player, that means no hissy fits, no complaining, no inconsistent defence, being ok with putting up below average stats, not taking frequent breaks, having the ball less in his hands, moving consistently without the ball. I doubt that LeBron at this age is willing to do that or even if he is willing has the motor to constantly move his feet with high energy at both ends of the floor.
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,749

Post#80 » by Clav » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:09 pm

He could play with Wembanyama for a couple of years. CP3 can sign there after GSW declines his option in the offseason. Banana Boat on the canal in San Antone!

CP3/Vassell/KeldonJohnson/LeBron/Wemby
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:

Return to The General Board