How the NBA media tricked all you about James Hardens impact/influence on the modern game!

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

NBA4Lyfe
Veteran
And1: 1,654

How the NBA media tricked all you about James Hardens impact/influence on the modern game! 

Post#1 » by NBA4Lyfe » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:30 pm

nsfw trigger warning

but nothing but facts dropped

;pp=ygUhaGFyZGVuIG5iYSBtZWRpYSBmb29sZWQgaW5mbHVlbmNl
Myth
RealGM
And1: 8,669

Re: How the NBA media tricked all you about James Hardens impact/influence on the modern game! 

Post#2 » by Myth » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:43 pm

The fire alarm chirp within seconds lol
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,890

Re: How the NBA media tricked all you about James Hardens impact/influence on the modern game! 

Post#3 » by Roger Murdock » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:50 pm

Most of the players who copy hardens play style are the losers who fall off in the playoffs
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,930

Post#4 » by EmpireFalls » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

Roger Murdock wrote:Most of the players who copy hardens play style are the losers who fall off in the playoffs

Luka?
76Shots
Sophomore
And1: 334

Post#5 » by 76Shots » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:18 pm

If I didnt know any better, I would swear that the guy in the video is the OP. I know I've read the OP make those same arguments for Harden almost word for word. Whether it be "I'm done with the NBA after Harden retires", citing the CBA as to how players are paid for the regular season and not the playoffs or how the NBA media is to blame for James Harden not being paid a max contract.

So I'm supposed to believe that the OP found a Youtuber with 2 subscribers that is making the same arguments the OP has repeatedly made almost verbatim, fawning over James Harden?

Creating Youtube videos and pretending like its not you, to fain credence for outlandish positions? Is this really what it has come to?
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,774

Post#6 » by azcatz11 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:48 pm

76Shots wrote:If I didnt know any better, I would swear that the guy in the video is the OP. I know I've read the OP make those same arguments for Harden almost word for word. Whether it be "I'm done with the NBA after Harden retires", citing the CBA as to how players are paid for the regular season and not the playoffs or how the NBA media is to blame for James Harden not being paid a max contract.

So I'm supposed to believe that the OP found a Youtuber with 2 subscribers that is making the same arguments the OP has repeatedly made almost verbatim, fawning over James Harden?

Creating Youtube videos and pretending like its not you, to fain credence for outlandish positions? Is this really what it has come to?

Yes it's obviously him. It's an almost hour video of him ranting while pointing the camera at the ceiling and his bed. Not watching lol
Myth
RealGM

Post#7 » by Myth » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:10 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
76Shots wrote:If I didnt know any better, I would swear that the guy in the video is the OP. I know I've read the OP make those same arguments for Harden almost word for word. Whether it be "I'm done with the NBA after Harden retires", citing the CBA as to how players are paid for the regular season and not the playoffs or how the NBA media is to blame for James Harden not being paid a max contract.

Yes it's obviously him. It's an almost hour video of him ranting while pointing the camera at the ceiling and his bed. Not watching lol

Yeah, I listened for a few minutes. As expected, mostly opinions despite the “facts” claim in the OP. Westbrook should not have been MVP simply because of stats, but Harden should have been MVP because *checks notes* stats. Lol ok. Then narrative for MVP only became a thing because of Harden? He even references Nash’s MVP over Kobe which is maybe the most famous MVP because of narrative I’ve ever seen. And Harden was unfairly treated because he was shown on Shaqtin a Fool? Don’t do stupid things and you won’t be on Shaqtin. And yes, other stars have been on Shaqtin when they make dumb plays too despite the claim in the video. What a silly take.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 23,209

Post#8 » by dhsilv2 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:16 pm

Myth wrote:The fire alarm chirp within seconds lol

Oh wow, so the rant is from a single woman?
dk1115
Sixth Man
And1: 956

Post#9 » by dk1115 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:24 pm

When I'm at the gym, and I wanna look fly I just pick up the ball from a standstill dribble and take 7 steps back from the key to the three and shoot. At first, other people gave me that look like I'm crazy, but I like the attention that I get.'
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,802

Post#10 » by GSWFan1994 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:30 pm

OP is basically the Karen's version of a James Harden stan.
NBA4Lyfe
Veteran

Post#11 » by NBA4Lyfe » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:15 pm

Myth wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Yeah, I listened for a few minutes. As expected, mostly opinions despite the “facts” claim in the OP. Westbrook should not have been MVP simply because of stats, but Harden should have been MVP because *checks notes* stats. Lol ok. Then narrative for MVP only became a thing because of Harden? He even references Nash’s MVP over Kobe which is maybe the most famous MVP because of narrative I’ve ever seen. And Harden was unfairly treated because he was shown on Shaqtin a Fool? Don’t do stupid things and you won’t be on Shaqtin. And yes, other stars have been on Shaqtin when they make dumb plays too despite the claim in the video. What a silly take.

name em

what consensus mvp calibur player has been memed like that and treated like a javale mcgee/ kwame brown level player

if you can do that, i will personally delete my account right now
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,802

Post#12 » by GSWFan1994 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:22 pm

Myth, the whole forum is awaiting for your reply... :lol:
NBA4Lyfe
Veteran

Post#13 » by NBA4Lyfe » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:27 pm

Myth wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

you heard wrong, westbrook had the stats but not the wins. their was a criteria for years the nba used to determine it’s regular szn mvp and thats partly the main reason kobe didn’t win over steve nash. so kobe like russ had the stats but their were other candidates who had the stats AND the wins( funny how you left that part out). If the media didn’t give it to harden then kawhi should have gotten it. so no steve nash did not win because of narrative, he won because he fit most of the criteria that the nba has used for decades. if kobe won in 2006 then you could say kobe won because of narrative because of missing the playoffs the year prior and the mystique of the 81 point game
NBA4Lyfe
Veteran

Post#14 » by NBA4Lyfe » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:28 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:Myth, the whole forum is awaiting for your reply... :lol:

he’s got nothing

unless you consider jordan poole, and andre drummond mvp level players
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,323

Post#15 » by Calvin Klein » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:32 pm

Do you lose sleep over people not liking Harden?
Myth
RealGM

Post#16 » by Myth » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:34 pm

NBA4Lyfe wrote:
Myth wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

name em

what consensus mvp calibur player has been memed like that and treated like a javale mcgee/ kwame brown level player

if you can do that, i will personally delete my account right now

https://youtu.be/DN9wy9vqeFk?si=HqmfSCLTrYzums1C
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,909

Post#17 » by Clav » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:40 pm

NBA4Lyfe, I can't speak for everyone, but your insight brings valuable discussion to the RealGM boards. Please don't go. If you go, you let the haters win. Who, then, will defend the honor of James Harden from General Board diatribe and hot-takes ? No one I tell you. By golly gee, this is terrible. This is just the worst. What predicament have we gotten ourselves into?
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
Myth
RealGM

Post#18 » by Myth » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:43 pm

NBA4Lyfe wrote:
Myth wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

you heard wrong, westbrook had the stats but not the wins. their was a criteria for years the nba used to determine it’s regular szn mvp and thats partly the main reason kobe didn’t win over steve nash. so kobe like russ had the stats but their were other candidates who had the stats AND the wins( funny how you left that part out). If the media didn’t give it to harden then kawhi should have gotten it. so no steve nash did not win because of narrative, he won because he fit most of the criteria that the nba has used for decades. if kobe won in 2006 then you could say kobe won because of narrative because of missing the playoffs the year prior and the mystique of the 81 point game

Dirk had the stats and the wins over Nash. Nash had “Oh wow, they were still a 54 win team even without Amare.” The narrative was not new to Harden. Westbrook winning was one of the bigger exceptions for doing something historic at the time statistically, but it sounds like this just made you salty that Harden didn’t also get an exception.
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,411

Post#19 » by SerialChiller » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:49 pm

WTF is this video I closed that in like 2 seconds after viewing a ceiling and hearing a fire alarm chirp hahahaha
NBA4Lyfe
Veteran

Post#20 » by NBA4Lyfe » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:55 pm

Calvin Klein wrote:Do you lose sleep over people not liking Harden?

nope i lose sleep over bullying people who are socially akward like myself. i admire harden not just because of his talent/influence but because he is a way better person than me. the fact that he allows these clowns like zach lowe, bill simmons, ryen russilo, kebdrick perkins and tim legler to slander his name and consistently damage his rep unprovoked and never claps back to me only makes me stan him more. it’s easy to be a lebron or steph curry fan basically following what everyone else is doing, it’s harden to be a james harden which is being slandered and hated and still having a much larger influence than the players the media is overhyping lol.

Return to The General Board