Joel Embiid is a dirty player

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Context
RealGM
And1: 13,280

Re: Joel Embiid is a dirty player 

Post#81 » by Context » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:02 am

Read on Twitter
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM
And1: 13,280

Post#82 » by Context » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:05 am

Read on Twitter
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
lessthanjake
Sixth Man
And1: 1,269

Post#83 » by lessthanjake » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:14 am

eyeatoma wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Nearly permanently injured a player. Has had multiple ejections during the post season because of the his temper.

Without bringing any other player into this conversation, can you give us a an honest opinion on why you think Embiid has so many flagrant fouls?

Mainly he's a bull in a china shop, and is extremely physical. I'd say 90% are inadvertent, 8-9 percent clumsiness, and 1% intentional.

He is, at best, a bull in a china shop. And it’s behavior that is extremely dangerous to everyone playing on a court with him. Joel Embiid does not just have the right to play NBA basketball in a way that is dangerous to the health of other players. He needs to be told by the league that if he does anything like this that looks even plausibly intentional, then refs will eject him and the league will suspend him, and he needs to be told that every single time he looks like he unnecessarily fell over even remotely in the vicinity of any other player he will be given a technical foul. I know he has apparently been told that he should fall over constantly to protect his knees or feet or something, but he is a massive human being and his constant absurd falling over is incredibly dangerous to the other players on the court (see, for instance, tearing Danny Green’s ACL). If, in order to stay healthy, he needs to be unacceptably endangering the other players on the court with him, then frankly he simply is not someone with a body that can or should play professional basketball. And if he doesn’t actually need to do that but instead is doing it to flop for foul calls, then he absolutely has no right to endanger other players in service of gamesmanship. There’s really no other way to put it. You are wrong about him not doing things intentionally—it was clear last night that he was intentionally trying to hurt people, out of frustration. But even just the “bull in a china shop” stuff is completely unacceptable. If he can’t stop doing it, then he should not be allowed to play in the NBA. Again, Joel Embiid does not have the right to play in a way that seriously endangers other players—whether he is intending to do it or not.
OhayoKD wrote:Lebron contributes more to all the phases of play than Messi does. And he is of course a defensive anchor unlike messi.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,438

Post#84 » by eyeatoma » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:17 am

lessthanjake wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
Without bringing any other player into this conversation, can you give us a an honest opinion on why you think Embiid has so many flagrant fouls?

Mainly he's a bull in a china shop, and is extremely physical. I'd say 90% are inadvertent, 8-9 percent clumsiness, and 1% intentional.

He is, at best, a bull in a china shop. And it’s behavior that is extremely dangerous to everyone playing on a court with him. Joel Embiid does not just have the right to play NBA basketball in a way that is dangerous to the health of other players. He needs to be told by the league that if he does anything like this that looks even plausibly intentional, then refs will eject him and the league will suspend him, and he needs to be told that every single time he looks like he unnecessarily fell over even remotely in the vicinity of any other player he will be given a technical foul. I know he has apparently been told that he should fall over constantly to protect his knees or feet or something, but he is a massive human being and his constant absurd falling over is incredibly dangerous to the other players on the court (see, for instance, tearing Danny Green’s ACL). If, in order to stay healthy, he needs to be unacceptably endangering the other players on the court with him, then frankly he simply is not someone with a body that can or should play professional basketball. And if he doesn’t actually need to do that but instead is doing it to flop for foul calls, then he absolutely has no right to endanger other players in service of gamesmanship. There’s really no other way to put it. You are wrong about him not doing things intentionally—it was clear last night that he was intentionally trying to hurt people, out of frustration. But even just the “bull in a china shop” stuff is completely unacceptable. If he can’t stop doing it, then he should not be allowed to play in the NBA. Again, Joel Embiid does not have the right to play in a way that seriously endangers other players—whether he is intending to do it or not.

Good post, but disagree with the intent to hurt. You have you're right to your opinion though. Let me ask you, Shaq was a bull in a china shop as well, didn't fall on people, but he definitely hurt a bunch with his post moves, massive elbows, bone crushing dunks where he would shove people off him.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,166

Post#85 » by Woodsanity » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:26 am

EmpireFalls wrote:I absolutely love his villain nature. Dude is a born heel. The Knicks-Sixers series is appointment viewing. We’ve needed the bad guy for a long time. Embiid is that. Keep it up, son.

It’s all entertainment at the end of the day.

Trae Young was a good heel. Embiid is just a reckless, overgrown baby. Making dirty plays and getting away with it due to ref favoritism doesn't make one a heel.
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,166

Post#86 » by Woodsanity » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:29 am

Context wrote:
Read on Twitter

Nba can't hide it.
Read on Twitter
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
lessthanjake
Sixth Man

Post#87 » by lessthanjake » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:38 am

eyeatoma wrote:
lessthanjake wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Good post, but disagree with the intent to hurt. You have you're right to your opinion though. Let me ask you, Shaq was a bull in a china shop as well, didn't fall on people, but he definitely hurt a bunch with his post moves, massive elbows, bone crushing dunks where he would shove people off him.

I think there is a spectrum on this, and obviously Shaq was a huge guy that was very physical and was more likely to hurt someone than a lot of other players. But I genuinely do think Embiid is in a different stratosphere from anyone else I’ve seen—particularly because of the falling over. The frequency at which he falls over combined with the size of his body makes him a very unique health risk to the players around him, IMO. The other stuff that I think is intentional (which you might disagree with) is just icing on the cake IMO, and not necessarily particularly unique to him. To me, it’s mostly about the falling over. I personally would not want my knees anywhere near a guy of Embiid’s size who is constantly falling over, and I can’t imagine being an NBA player who is forced to play on the court with that.
OhayoKD wrote:Lebron contributes more to all the phases of play than Messi does. And he is of course a defensive anchor unlike messi.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#88 » by eyeatoma » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:40 am

lessthanjake wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
lessthanjake wrote:

I think there is a spectrum on this, and obviously Shaq was a huge guy that was very physical and was more likely to hurt someone than a lot of other players. But I genuinely do think Embiid is in a different stratosphere from anyone else I’ve seen—particularly because of the falling over. The frequency at which he falls over combined with the size of his body makes him a very unique health risk to the players around him, IMO. The other stuff that I think is intentional (which you might disagree with) is just icing on the cake IMO, and not necessarily particularly unique to him. To me, it’s mostly about the falling over. I personally would not want my knees anywhere near a guy of Embiid’s size who is constantly falling over, and I can’t imagine being an NBA player who is forced to play on the court with that.
As you said doctors said that he should to prevent impact on his foot and knees. It's unfortunate given that others are affected at times. It's a slippery slope when you say there was intent to harm.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,617

Post#89 » by Nuntius » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:53 am

There really isn't a way to excuse what he did to Robinson. Bear-hugging a player's legs when they're mid-air? That's extremely dangerous and 100% intentional.

Embiid had intend to harm when he did that. And he succeeded in injuring Robinson. He didn't face any consequences for his actions either. It's unbeliavable, really.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
lessthanjake
Sixth Man

Post#90 » by lessthanjake » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:59 am

eyeatoma wrote:
lessthanjake wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

As you said doctors said that he should to prevent impact on his foot and knees. It's unfortunate given that others are affected at times. It's a slippery slope when you say there was intent to harm.

The bottom line is that if the only way to prevent injuries to himself is to put others in substantial danger, then he is not fit to play professional basketball. Which might perhaps feel a bit unfair for him, but he doesn’t just have the right to put others in serious danger so that he can play basketball.
famicommander
Sophomore
And1: 382

Post#91 » by famicommander » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:00 am

Nuntius wrote:There really isn't a way to excuse what he did to Robinson. Bear-hugging a player's legs when they're mid-air? That's extremely dangerous and 100% intentional.

Embiid had intend to harm when he did that. And he succeeded in injuring Robinson. He didn't face any consequences for his actions either. It's unbeliavable, really.

It's entirely believable because he's done it before. He should have a worse rep than Draymond Green but for some reason nobody gets mad at him like they do Green (and Green should be punished more than he has been too).
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#92 » by eyeatoma » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:02 am

lessthanjake wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
lessthanjake wrote:

The bottom line is that if the only way to prevent injuries to himself is to put others in substantial danger, then he is not fit to play professional basketball. Which might perhaps feel a bit unfair for him, but he doesn’t just have the right to put others in serious danger so that he can play basketball.

Again that's your opinion, that I don't think many NBA executives, players, or the fraternity will agree with. Many players like Embiid.
madskillz8
Senior
And1: 667

Post#93 » by madskillz8 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:11 am

Woodsanity wrote:Nba can't hide it.
Read on Twitter

Well another cheap play we all (or just me? lol) previously missed, look at 0:30-0:32 mark, just before he trips Mitchell Robinson he tries to kick/trip Anunoby first... He's clearly on a mission...
The Warrior
Head Coach
And1: 10,157

Post#94 » by The Warrior » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:35 am

EmpireFalls wrote:I absolutely love his villain nature. Dude is a born heel. The Knicks-Sixers series is appointment viewing. We’ve needed the bad guy for a long time. Embiid is that. Keep it up, son.

It’s all entertainment at the end of the day.

What kind of a depraved fan are you? You can play the villain without being dirty. Embiid is a certified ***hole.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using RealGM mobile app
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,891

Post#95 » by Shewasfly » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:58 am

Now finding out that Mitchell Robinson is injured, Embiid needs to be suspended for the remainder of the series. Like what a horrible POS this guy is. I thought he was just annoying as a player to watch and as a person, but he's just dirty player on top of all that. Just awful all around apparently.
:tiredJB:
RingoKid
Junior
And1: 52

Post#96 » by RingoKid » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:30 am

There was the time Embiid elbowed Steven Adams hard to the face with no call.

Next game Adams casually broke Embiid's finger.

Embiid has always been The Funaki's bïtch.
Hussien Fatal
Veteran
And1: 1,401

Post#97 » by Hussien Fatal » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:35 am

Gus Fring wrote:Last night was embarrassing for him.

50 point playoff game on a record low 19 shots. I’m sure he was embarrassed by his performance.
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,700

Post#98 » by DaGawd » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:58 am

Hussien Fatal wrote:
Gus Fring wrote:Last night was embarrassing for him.

50 point playoff game on a record low 19 shots. I’m sure he was embarrassed by his performance.

he should be for being the flopping big bitch that he is
BaF
Washington Wizards
aj174
Senior
And1: 902

Post#99 » by aj174 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:58 am

His reckless flopping around is a shame cause he's actually talented. He's definitely doing it on purpose at this point, that ankle pull on Mitchell Robinson is just low class, bottom of the barrel crap
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,784

Post#100 » by LordCovington33 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:47 am

Shewasfly wrote:Now finding out that Mitchell Robinson is injured, Embiid needs to be suspended for the remainder of the series. Like what a horrible POS this guy is. I thought he was just annoying as a player to watch and as a person, but he's just dirty player on top of all that. Just awful all around apparently.

Mitchell Robinson’s ankle was ALREADY INJURED before the match. He was on the injury status report as “questionable” due to an existing ankle injury. Did he aggravate it? maybe
Just like when the GSW player fell on Embiid’s leg and further damaged his knee. Back then, people were criticising the sixers organisation for allowing him to play before he was fully recovered. The same can be argued here. Was he fully fit to play since he left the court for the SAME injury? An important playoff match is going to be physical. If he was questionable to play before the match and aggravates the same injured ankle, shouldn’t the Knicks organisation bear at least some responsibility? Obviously rhetorical since people have made up their minds.

Return to The General Board