Joel Embiid is a dirty player

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,485

Re: Joel Embiid is a dirty player 

Post#141 » by eyeatoma » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:21 pm

Chandan wrote:
cgf wrote:
In most contexts it would be unbelievable, but this is last season's MVP, playing at home (with Philly fans in about half of the seats), and if he had been tossed...like he should've been...then his team's season was over. I'm not suprised that the refs in that situation did everything they could to keep him on the court.

a fraudulent outcome to begin with. Everyone except Philly fans know Jokic deserved it more.

Hmmm actually Embiid should have won the last 3 MVPs. If he weren't injured in the 1st two he would have won them. He won last year, and he would have won this year unanimously. 4 TIME MVP! I know it's hard to cope that the Raptors future is R.J. Barrett, and Masai missed out on tons of opportunities to cash out on Pascal and Lowry properly.
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,380

Post#142 » by Scalabrine » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:55 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Ah, but nothing actually happened in that play. So quit whining about it. Robinson was hurt on another play, which was inadvertent. What Embiid did was dirty. At no point did I say it was okay.

Stop with the moral grandstanding. You guys need to make 10 threads about it, moaning about the same thing. This place is an echo chamber, Reddit level ****.

DUDE,

you were running through every thread on here saying the league is rigged and that the outcomes of the game were already pre-determined after Game 2. You wouldn't stop crying about it.

You seem like a very unhappy, bitter person that doesn't even like the NBA. Just go do something else with your life that you might enjoy more.

LOL, that **** was indisputable. The Knicks were 100% not supposed to win that game. In 99.999% of all other instances the Sixers would have won.

The two are not the same. Embiid didn't try to hurt someone, that is actually up for debate. As I said he was being dirty. That IMO is not debatable.

You're out to lunch. :crazy:
Go Knicks!
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,554

Post#143 » by Cubbies2120 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:03 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Chandan wrote:
cgf wrote:
In most contexts it would be unbelievable, but this is last season's MVP, playing at home (with Philly fans in about half of the seats), and if he had been tossed...like he should've been...then his team's season was over. I'm not suprised that the refs in that situation did everything they could to keep him on the court.

a fraudulent outcome to begin with. Everyone except Philly fans know Jokic deserved it more.

Hmmm actually Embiid should have won the last 3 MVPs. If he weren't injured in the 1st two he would have won them. He won last year, and he would have won this year unanimously. 4 TIME MVP! I know it's hard to cope that the Raptors future is R.J. Barrett, and Masai missed out on tons of opportunities to cash out on Pascal and Lowry properly.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I think we both know Embiid won last year's MVP by having his homies in the media run a media campaign claiming anyone who voted Jokic was "racist".

Plus how can you be an "MVP" when each year when the stakes are highest you fail to even play at an all-star level as a franchise cornerstone? Like, in terms of playoff performers, Joel isn't even a top 20 in the league is he?

Spare me the 'he's injured" bit. Jokic said everyone's injured this time of year so Embiid has no excuse(s).
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,380

Post#144 » by Scalabrine » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:07 am

Cubbies2120 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Chandan wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I think we both know Embiid won last year's MVP by having his homies in the media run a media campaign claiming anyone who voted Jokic was "racist".

Plus how can you be an "MVP" when each year when the stakes are highest you fail to even play at an all-star level as a franchise cornerstone? Like, in terms of playoff performers, Joel isn't even a top 20 in the league is he?

Spare me the 'he's injured" bit. Jokic said everyone's injured this time of year so Embiid has no excuse(s).

We gotta just let this guy be. He's got a serious victim complex... makes sense.
Go Knicks!
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant

Post#145 » by Cubbies2120 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:08 am

FireMorey wrote:Mitchell Robinson didn't drown in a fishing accident, the dude's legs were lightly touched by Joel Embiid laying on the ground. News flash: incessant whining and childish hyperbole is not going to make people side with you. It just comes off like you being a drama queen. Grow up and go outside. Sweet Maria.

Another awesome justification of Embiid's play on Mitchell. :lol:
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,891

Post#146 » by DaGawd » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:38 am

Cubbies2120 wrote:
FireMorey wrote:Mitchell Robinson didn't drown in a fishing accident, the dude's legs were lightly touched by Joel Embiid laying on the ground. News flash: incessant whining and childish hyperbole is not going to make people side with you. It just comes off like you being a drama queen. Grow up and go outside. Sweet Maria.

the copium for their franchise player being a ass clown is off the charts :lol:
BaF
Washington Wizards
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant

Post#147 » by Cubbies2120 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:54 am

DaGawd wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:

the copium for their franchise player being a ass clown is off the charts :lol:

I have faith that he's going to get whatever he deserves. If it's winning a title so be it. (Doubtful as he's a life-long underperformer in the playoffs) But I hope that the 76ers fans keep the same energy if, for example, he suffers an injury at the hands of a Knicks player. Nobody wants that of course, but if it happens they better keep their mouths shut after all the nonsense they've said the past few days while baiting and taunting Knicks fans.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,820

Post#148 » by Nuntius » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:17 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Ah, but nothing actually happened in that play. So quit whining about it. Robinson was hurt on another play, which was inadvertent. What Embiid did was dirty. At no point did I say it was okay.

Stop with the moral grandstanding. You guys need to make 10 threads about it, moaning about the same thing. This place is an echo chamber, Reddit level ****.

DUDE,

you were running through every thread on here saying the league is rigged and that the outcomes of the game were already pre-determined after Game 2. You wouldn't stop crying about it.

You seem like a very unhappy, bitter person that doesn't even like the NBA. Just go do something else with your life that you might enjoy more.

LOL, that **** was indisputable. The Knicks were 100% not supposed to win that game. In 99.999% of all other instances the Sixers would have won.

The two are not the same. Embiid didn't try to hurt someone, that is actually up for debate. As I said he was being dirty. That IMO is not debatable.

What is actually indisputable is that Embiid DID try to injure Robinson. You don't bear hug someone's legs without the intent to injure them. You do it with intent to harm. Period.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
Bob Ross
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,932

Post#149 » by Bob Ross » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:23 am

Embiid is a dirty POS and the league turns a blind eye so it is what it is. F that guy
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#150 » by eyeatoma » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:06 am

Nuntius wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:
DUDE,

What is actually indisputable is that Embiid DID try to injure Robinson. You don't bear hug someone's legs without the intent to injure them. You do it with intent to harm. Period.
No you don't.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
QingJames
Sixth Man
And1: 2,256

Post#151 » by QingJames » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:01 am

76ciology wrote:I also posted this aside from the WWE acting post

76ciology wrote:Regarding the Joel Embiid-Mitchell Robinson incident:

I'm not a fan of what Embiid did; it was surely a dirty play. It's not because Embiid is a bad person who wants to hurt someone, but rather because he's emotional, immature, and undergoing a lot of stress. However, he has to do better. Many people think it could have been a flagrant 2, and if it were, we'd likely be down 3-0.

Nevertheless, I don't think what Embiid did was the reason for Mitchell Robinson missing the game. He grabbed the right leg, while Mitchell seems to have hurt his left ankle. Mitchell was also able to stand on his own and play through the first half.

Robinson hurt his left ankle because Embiid fell on it…
eyeatoma wrote:You guys still dont' get it. Playoff accomplishment don't matter when you're up for your 1st MVP. When you're up for your 3rd in a row, damn straight it matters, as the only ones who done it are top 15 players of all time who have won rings.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,735

Post#152 » by 76ciology » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:26 am

QingJames wrote:

76ciology wrote:Regarding the Joel Embiid-Mitchell Robinson incident:

I'm not a fan of what Embiid did; it was surely a dirty play. It's not because Embiid is a bad person who wants to hurt someone, but rather because he's emotional, immature, and undergoing a lot of stress. However, he has to do better. Many people think it could have been a flagrant 2, and if it were, we'd likely be down 3-0.

Nevertheless, I don't think what Embiid did was the reason for Mitchell Robinson missing the game. He grabbed the right leg, while Mitchell seems to have hurt his left ankle. Mitchell was also able to stand on his own and play through the first half.

There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,891

Post#153 » by DaGawd » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:02 am

76ciology wrote:
QingJames wrote:

he might be referring to the later play where embiid recklessly drove and flopped to the ground rolling over robinson’s ankle in the process
BaF
Washington Wizards
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#154 » by eyeatoma » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:14 am

DaGawd wrote:
76ciology wrote:
QingJames wrote:Robinson hurt his left ankle because Embiid fell on it…

he might be referring to the later play where embiid recklessly drove and flopped to the ground rolling over robinson’s ankle in the process

There was no flop, he fell.Unfortunate that Robinson's ankle was there.
RandlesCornrows
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,616

Post#155 » by RandlesCornrows » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:03 am

You know the best part that proves Embiid is a POS is Robinson just returned from ankle surgery.
kveble
Ballboy
And1: 59

Post#156 » by kveble » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:06 am

eyeatoma wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
76ciology wrote:

LOL it`s an obvious flop. He pushes backwards with his legs.
JVFRMN
Freshman
And1: 122

Post#157 » by JVFRMN » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:09 am

eyeatoma wrote:Good lord call the waaahmbulance. You guys are grown men whining about a bush league play.

Literally all of you would be ecstatic if he were on your team.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

you, of all people, got the balls to talk about grown men whinning? GTFO

pretty sure your non stop stupid posts make most of 76ers fans embarrased
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#158 » by eyeatoma » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:12 am

kveble wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
DaGawd wrote:he might be referring to the later play where embiid recklessly drove and flopped to the ground rolling over robinson’s ankle in the process

Read on Twitter

Watch gain, Embiid drives, Robinson either slips or flops, and twists his ankle on Donte DiVincenzo's shoe. The board doesn't even have it right, but w/e, never let facts get in the way of a good story.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,735

Post#159 » by 76ciology » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:18 am

eyeatoma wrote:
kveble wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Read on Twitter

Watcha gain, Embiid drives, Robinson either slips or flops, and twists his ankle on Donte DiVincenzo's shoe. The board doesn't even have it right, but w/e, never let facts get in the way of a good story.

I agree with Eyeatoma here.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
kveble
Ballboy
And1: 59

Post#160 » by kveble » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:58 am

eyeatoma wrote:
kveble wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Read on Twitter

Watch gain, Embiid drives, Robinson either slips or flops, and twists his ankle on Donte DiVincenzo's shoe. The board doesn't even have it right, but w/e, never let facts get in the way of a good story.

I got confused. I somehow thought you meant that he didn't flop in the other situation.

You might be right about this one, but it's not that clear either. Embiid just stops taking steps forward and falls down. He's trying to lean on Robinson, who's in the air atm.

Return to The General Board