Is Jokic better than Lebron ever was ? Has he already peaked higher ? How long before he surpasses him all time?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Luke
Junior
And1: 334

Is Jokic better than Lebron ever was ? Has he already peaked higher ? How long before he surpasses him all time? 

Post#1 » by Luke » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:48 am

I think it deserves his own thread

Jokic is more efficient, more clutch, better teammate, doesn't get refs' calls ( he could have won in 2020 ), and he is better with his attitude.

I don't see where Lebron is better , except for media hype...
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,128

Re: Is Jokic better than Lebron ever was ? Has he already peaked higher ? How long before he surpasses him all time? 

Post#2 » by BeiBeau » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:53 am

Luke wrote:I think it deserves his own thread

Jokic is more efficient, more clutch, better teammate, doesn't get refs' calls ( he could have won in 2020 ), and he is better with his attitude.

I feel like you should have to be more than 11 years old to post on this board.

Op never watch 2013 Lebron.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,473

Re: Is Jokic better than Lebron ever was ? Has he already peaked higher ? How long before he surpasses him all time? 

Post#3 » by tsherkin » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:53 am

Lebron's run from 09-13 is pretty competitive as far as individual performance.
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,074

Post#4 » by Iwasawitness » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:54 am

No, no and probably never.

Your thread is bad and you should feel bad.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
1993Playoffs
Analyst
And1: 3,568

Post#5 » by 1993Playoffs » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:55 am

tsherkin wrote:Lebron's run from 09-13 is pretty competitive as far as individual performance.

Not as high on 16-18?
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 7,987

Post#6 » by AleksandarN » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:55 am

tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,473

Post#8 » by tsherkin » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:00 am

1993Playoffs wrote:
tsherkin wrote:Lebron's run from 09-13 is pretty competitive as far as individual performance.

Not as high on 16-18?

I am not, no. He was still quite good, but no longer quite the same in terms of overall ability, especially as his FT% declined and his draw rate tailed off. His quickness wasn't the same either.
Handlez
Junior
And1: 419

Post#9 » by Handlez » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:09 am

Jokic is better, IMO.

Did it without superstar help and special treatment.

Heck...did it without a single all star.

Jokic is the better player and teammate.
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,866

Post#10 » by Heej » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:30 am

Jokic has a better 2-way supporting cast plus coaching staff than LeBron has ever had outside of 2013 pre-Wade injury, and hasn't displayed anywhere near that kind of dominance; nor has he beaten any notably tough teams as of yet.

2020 is the only other supporting cast that was comparable talent-wise even though the Nuggets coaching staff is better overall, and the Lakers stomped their way to the #1 overall seed. Then they dominated en-route to a chip vs a tough slate of Western conference teams without getting to enjoy any of their homecourt advantage.

Jokic is going to have to do better than smoking some weak teams with the best supporting cast and arguable best coaching staff in the league.
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
art_tatum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,152

Post#11 » by art_tatum » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:38 am

Better basketball player and peaked higher... but not by much. But all time is far off. Need more rings mvps and years/stats.
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 38,739

Post#12 » by PierceFan4ever » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:55 am

He’s peaked higher than Lebron but definitely has ways to go to pass him in the all time ranking
EmpireFalls
Sixth Man
And1: 3,303

Post#13 » by EmpireFalls » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:03 am

No I don’t think I can say definitively that he is better than LeBron ever was. I don’t think his peak is higher. Honestly, I’m not sure I can say any player definitively has a higher peak than James.

It is however very close and I think Jokic may be the best playmaker ever. Regardless, he’s inching up to the hallowed top 10 territory both in peak and all time resume.

Cool time to be an NBA fan btw. In James, Wembanyama and Jokic, you’re looking at 3 guys who will likely end up at the highest of heights in terms of the greatest players and peaks ever when their careers are over.
Zadeh
Ballboy
And1: 34

Post#14 » by Zadeh » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:04 am

Heej wrote:Jokic has a better 2-way supporting cast plus coaching staff than LeBron has ever had outside of 2013 pre-Wade injury, and hasn't displayed anywhere near that kind of dominance; nor has he beaten any notably tough teams as of yet.

2020 is the only other supporting cast that was comparable talent-wise even though the Nuggets coaching staff is better overall, and the Lakers stomped their way to the #1 overall seed. Then they dominated en-route to a chip vs a tough slate of Western conference teams without getting to enjoy any of their homecourt advantage.

Jokic is going to have to do better than smoking some weak teams with the best supporting cast and arguable best coaching staff in the league.

this is some kind of joke ??????

do you know how many all-star, all nba, all defensive, hall of fame player has lebron played with in his career ?
Even his rookie season he has all-star team mate ?
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,625

Post#15 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:06 am

BeiBeau wrote:

I feel like you should have to be more than 11 years old to post on this board.

Op never watch 2013 Lebron.

Considering the poster has been a member on this forum for 21 years, its impressive they are only 11.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,074

Post#16 » by JustBuzzin » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:07 am

What's up with these Jokic threads?

Y'all trying to make this dude the GOAT overnight with just 1 championship is crazy. Just relax and let it play out.

Stop comparing him to LeBron it's just not the right time to have that discussion. People tried to do the same with Giannis and look how they turned out.
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 7,987

Post#17 » by AleksandarN » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:10 am

JustBuzzin wrote:What's up with these Jokic threads?

Y'all trying to make this dude the GOAT overnight with just 1 championship is crazy. Just relax and let it play out.

Stop comparing him to LeBron it's just not the right time to have that discussion. People tried to do the same with Giannis and look how they turned out.

You new to Realgm?
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,333

Post#18 » by Statlanta » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:15 am

Sure, I mean who was peaking in the NBA during 2011-2014. Roy Hibbert? Luol Deng? Lol.
Read on Twitter
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,866

Post#19 » by Heej » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 am

Zadeh wrote:
Heej wrote:Jokic has a better 2-way supporting cast plus coaching staff than LeBron has ever had outside of 2013 pre-Wade injury, and hasn't displayed anywhere near that kind of dominance; nor has he beaten any notably tough teams as of yet.

this is some kind of joke ??????

do you know how many all-star, all nba, all defensive, hall of fame player has lebron played with in his career ?
Even his rookie season he has all-star team mate ?

How many has he played with all those at the same time in their primes moron? And how many times has he played with a great supporting cast AND a top 5 coaching staff in the league LMFAO. Only in 2013 and then Wade got injured.

GBS4. Dude. Personal attacks are not allowed. You know this. Make your point without calling people morons. If you can't disagree with people without insulting them then you will not be posting here in the future.

Dear everyone else: User is now on vacation for accumulation of strikes, so no need to respond and argue with him. -b
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord

Return to The General Board