Durant should've stayed with Curry

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,279

Re: Durant should've stayed with Curry 

Post#81 » by Iwasawitness » Wed May 1, 2024 10:40 am

Durant made the right decision. He got his rings, needed to get out of there if he wanted any chance of truly being respected by his peers.

The problem is that he made poor decisions that ultimately led him to where he is now.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 15,952

Post#82 » by Patches Perry » Wed May 1, 2024 11:18 am

shi-woo wrote:Naa this thread should read "OKC never should have got a team if they weren't serious about winning when they got a true contender," and that's the unfortunate narrative that was buried in the annals of NBA history.

I know people mindlessly hate OKC on this forum regardless of where they are in their process, but saying they should lose their team for winning 55-60 games every year and losing in the conference finals or finals is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this forum.
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 752

Post#83 » by Charlesareed » Wed May 1, 2024 11:23 am

LaLover11 wrote:
Onus wrote:
JN61 wrote:Durant isn't going to save Curry from the late career disaster

Curry did save Durant’s career.

Durant saved Curry from losing to Kyrie and LeBron
2016 Cavs Win without Durant
2017 Cavs Win without Durant
2018 Cavs Win without Durant

Maybe warriors get a superstar trade in 2019 to try beating the Dynasty Kyrie/LeBron Cavs

Curry would've only had 1 ring without Durant
The recent warriors championship only happened because of trades that came from Durant lol

Curry and Warriors would've been Butler Heat reaching the finals and losing Everytime to the better team in the Finals

To be fair gsw came out of nowhere and went to the finals and won they the have a historic season and go back to the finals and lost no one expected that. It even them until it happened everyone was expecting okc to run the west until gsw went to the finals in b2b years wining 1 it just so happened KD was a free agent and joined them and they went to 3 straight more finals winning 2/3 and then in 2022 the won another without KD ppl failed to realize that they came out of nowhere literally and started winning which was unexpected and amazing because all the battles they had when mark Jackson as their coach and they never got over the hump until they did and they rest is history
Chicago Raised me
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#84 » by lars_rosenberg » Wed May 1, 2024 11:32 am

KD is too insecure to take the right decision tbh.
hauntedcomputer
Veteran
And1: 3,973

Post#85 » by hauntedcomputer » Wed May 1, 2024 11:46 am

Dude just wants to smoke dope and ball, just like me
+++
Schadenfreude is undefeated.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,383

Post#86 » by Onus » Wed May 1, 2024 11:48 am

JN61 wrote:
Onus wrote:
JN61 wrote:Durant isn't going to save Curry from the late career disaster

Curry did save Durant’s career.

Maybe, maybe not. All we know is Lebron sonned Curry in the NBA finals and without 2015 injury disaster he would have had grand total 0 rings come 2017.

You mean the nba stepped in and saved Lebron’s legacy.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,222

Post#87 » by Calvin Klein » Wed May 1, 2024 12:21 pm

Has he asked out yet? I’m not about to watch another season with this guy in the team
Ssj16
Junior
And1: 587

Post#88 » by Ssj16 » Wed May 1, 2024 12:28 pm

garrick wrote:Klay also sat out like 2 seasons following the loss to Toronto while KD sat out basically 1 & a half seasons so we really don't know if GSW would have won another one even had KD stayed post injury.

I think KD just got tired of being on a super team like GSW and wanted to get away from the pressure of winning a title every year. He's kind of also had the worst luck being paired with some unreliable stars like Harden or Kyrie who created drama every year and weren't serious about winning.

People forget that KD is already 35 and at an age where a lot of star players are either out of the league or an a serious decline. He's still a good player but the days where he could put a team on his back are long past.

There was no luck involved. KD is not very good at playing GM. If he stayed with a good GM and let them do their thing (I don't know, maybe someone like Presti), KD would have had a solid team around him.
shi-woo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,674

Post#89 » by shi-woo » Wed May 1, 2024 4:30 pm

Patches Perry wrote:
shi-woo wrote:Naa this thread should read "OKC never should have got a team if they weren't serious about winning when they got a true contender," and that's the unfortunate narrative that was buried in the annals of NBA history.

I know people mindlessly hate OKC on this forum regardless of where they are in their process, but saying they should lose their team for winning 55-60 games every year and losing in the conference finals or finals is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this forum.

I'm not saying OKC should have lost their team, I''m saying they never should have got one if the owners weren't serious about actually competing.

Because a fanbase did lose their team, and that team is also a part of NBA history.

I'm fine with the Thunder, I like your franchise, but even you have to admit your owners have done nothing to put a true contender together, choosing to develop players and find cheap deals instead of going for it and trying to win. Blowing up that team the year after making the finals was a blackmark on the league and the franchise, and will continue to be until OKC actually wins one. Watching every year guys like Roberson and Sefo play 30-40 was nauseating as someone who was a legit fan of Westbrook and KD. Trading Harden, not reupping or replacing Martin, not giving Reggie a fair shot, and making no meaningful moves to improve the roster when the team is actually contending . They did the same this year at the deadline :noway:

They have another shot with this core, but we'll see how they use their assets and if they are actually serious this time. So far they have shown they are not, but you guys will have next year. A statement I've been saying about OKC since 2010, it's always "next year"
Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 15,952

Post#90 » by Patches Perry » Wed May 1, 2024 6:22 pm

shi-woo wrote:
Patches Perry wrote:

I'm not saying OKC should have lost their team, I''m saying they never should have got one if the owners weren't serious about actually competing.

Because a fanbase did lose their team, and that team is also a part of NBA history.

I'm fine with the Thunder, I like your franchise, but even you have to admit your owners have done nothing to put a true contender together, choosing to develop players and find cheap deals instead of going for it and trying to win. Blowing up that team the year after making the finals was a blackmark on the league and the franchise, and will continue to be until OKC actually wins one. Watching every year guys like Roberson and Sefo play 30-40 was nauseating as someone who was a legit fan of Westbrook and KD. Trading Harden, not reupping or replacing Martin, not giving Reggie a fair shot, and making no meaningful moves to improve the roster when the team is actually contending . They did the same this year at the deadline :noway:

They have another shot with this core, but we'll see how they use their assets and if they are actually serious this time. So far they have shown they are not, but you guys will have next year. A statement I've been saying about OKC since 2010, it's always "next year"

I guess I don't understand your premise that they aren't trying to win, given that they're probably in the top 5-7 teams in the league in regular season wins and playoff wins since 2007. Is your position really that their front office is so incredible that they will casually build a contender better than 80% of teams in the league without even trying, then actively sabotage themselves? It's a bizarre position given their success relative to the rest of the league.

The year after they made the finals they didn't "blow up" their team, they won 60 games but lost their playoff run to injury.

For this years trade deadline, who should they have risked their assets for this year? Be specific, since you're implying a deal was so available and so obvious that it proves they are actively and intentionally sabotaging their own chance of contending by not making the trade. You can say you think they should have gone all-in, but to act as though there's no argument against that approach is absurd. Their roster is a bunch of 25-and-under guys. Going all-in is a strategy reserved for aging teams at the end of their title window.

Return to The General Board