Time to give Thibs his flowers

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,695

Re: Time to give Thibs his flowers 

Post#21 » by Ice Man » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:19 pm

Revived wrote:I still don’t understand why exactly Thibs didn’t work out on that Wolves team with Butler. Towns and some decent pieces.

The Wolves were 37-22 with Butler on the court in 2018. Things would have been fine in Minnesota had Glen Taylor paid Jimmy what he wanted. But Glen had the hots for Andrew Wiggins instead, so Jimmy forced his way out, Thibs got fired for trading for a player who didn't stay, and the Wolves went back to being sucko, until they got Ant and Gobert.
Jabroni Lames
Analyst
And1: 3,962

Post#22 » by Jabroni Lames » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:50 pm

And give Nick Nurse a bouquet of dandelions. Nurse is the most overrated coach in the league…. and it’s not particularly close.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,797

Post#23 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:02 pm

He has certainly impressed me. I'm ready to call him a top-5 coach.

That Knicks roster is not loaded at all, and their second best scorer is out, yet he's making quick work of the reigning "MVP". He also managed to turn a second round pick that the Mavs let walk because they considered him to be a bum into one of the best guards in the NBA.
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 313

Post#24 » by WentzerWuver » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:10 am

Jabroni Lames wrote:And give Nick Nurse a bouquet of dandelions. Nurse is the most overrated coach in the league…. and it’s not particularly close.
He can't even touch the greatness of Doc when it comes to being up front with players and make them accountable for their actions. It's why he has been voted by his peers as one of the greatest HC in this league, unlike I wish I could be that good in Nurse.

This guy just don't understand players but only x and o.

Return to The General Board