Mavs should fire Jason Kidd right now, don't even wait for the series to end

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,127

Mavs should fire Jason Kidd right now, don't even wait for the series to end 

Post#1 » by ChipotleWest » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:49 pm

We had the greatest comeback in history and all the momentum. Then he makes a change in the lineup that he hasn't done all series. He puts in Maxi in as the only big and sits both Lively and Gafford, for the entire 4th! Harden figured this out in 2 seconds and exploited it and him and other Clippers had a layup line. I swear he was either trying to throw the game, or maybe both centers were hurt but they came in at the end to try to get a rebound. Never been so angry at a coach in my life. The Clippers hardly scored at the basket all game until he did that they were mostly making 3s, once he did that they got all their points (other than the 1 Paul George 3) at the rim. Several plays I saw Maxi just stand there and not even try to defend Harden.
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,498

Re: Mavs should fire Jason Kidd right now, don't even wait for the series to end 

Post#2 » by Iwasawitness » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:52 pm

You don’t fire a coach during the playoffs… that’s just silly.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,137

Re: Mavs should fire Jason Kidd right now, don't even wait for the series to end 

Post#3 » by Dominator83 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:55 pm

Investigate him!

Is Jontay banned from coaching too?
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,584

Post#4 » by THE J0KER » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:56 pm

Doncic played 45 minutes in game 4 with +10 in +/- column, which means Mavs managed somehow to have -15 in these 3 minutes Luka didn't play :o
Slimjimzv
Junior
And1: 363

Post#5 » by Slimjimzv » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:56 pm

Dominator83 wrote:Investigate him!

Think he and Jontay Porter have a bet on the Clippers winning the series?
Wargreymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,620

Post#6 » by Wargreymon » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:58 pm

Not gonna lie with all this Gafford talk and his impact, I'm starting to think he is the MVP of the Mavs.
Shaka_Zulu
Sixth Man
And1: 2,226

Post#7 » by Shaka_Zulu » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:59 pm

Iwasawitness wrote:You don’t fire a coach during the playoffs… that’s just silly.

Usually true. But this is the rare case it's actually warranted, if you saw Kidds coaching in that entire 4th quarter. He litterally gave away an epic comeback.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,462

Post#8 » by svart » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:59 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:We had the greatest comeback in history and all the momentum. Then he makes a change in the lineup that he hasn't done all series. He puts in Maxi in as the only big and sits both Lively and Gafford, for the entire 4th! Harden figured this out in 2 seconds and exploited it and him and other Clippers had a layup line. I swear he was either trying to throw the game, or maybe both centers were hurt but they came in at the end to try to get a rebound. Never been so angry at a coach in my life. The Clippers hardly scored at the basket all game until he did that they were mostly making 3s, once he did that they got all their points (other than the 1 Paul George 3) at the rim. Several plays I saw Maxi just stand there and not even try to defend Harden.

I noticed a few games ago maxi plays too many minutes for his productivity, i know i thought back then that he's your klay.

Now i know he is, sadly. Kidd must be reading the coaching book wrote by kerr.

Strange you lost both times when kawhi wasn't playing.

Still think the mavs will win the series.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
famicommander
Sophomore
And1: 553

Post#9 » by famicommander » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:59 pm

Is he the one who told Luka to show up out of shape and cry like a nine year old everytime something doesn't go exactly the way he wants it to?
Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 16,117

Post#10 » by Patches Perry » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:01 pm

THE J0KER wrote:Doncic played 45 minutes in game 4 with +10 in +/- column, which means Mavs managed somehow to have -15 in these 3 minutes Luka didn't play :o

That's wild lol
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 18,535

Post#11 » by HotRocks34 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:03 pm

Game 4 was not his finest hour.

Lue is a top coach. Kidd is not.

At some point Dallas may have to think about alternatives. But that's not going to happen right now IMO.
** Luka made The Finals without Brunson
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by ChipotleWest » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:04 pm

THE J0KER wrote:Doncic played 45 minutes in game 4 with +10 in +/- column, which means Mavs managed somehow to have -15 in these 3 minutes Luka didn't play :o

+/- is a garbage stat. Kyrie won us the game not Luka. That is, if Kidd didn't give the Clips all you can eat at the rim.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by ChipotleWest » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:06 pm

What kind of coach would go away with what got you there? We had one of the best records in the NBA with Gafford starting. Before that we lost 6 of 7 when he had Maxi starting. I guess he's not bright enough to figure out what works and what doesn't. He's scary bad at coaching.
DLoMor
Junior
And1: 648

Post#14 » by DLoMor » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:07 pm

So should Lue get fired if the Clippers lose the series?
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 7,365

Post#15 » by JustBuzzin » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:10 pm

Mavs fans blaming everyone but Luka

Shocker!
jkvonny
Head Coach
And1: 5,998

Post#16 » by jkvonny » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:10 pm

What?

Lol
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,430

Post#17 » by SerialChiller » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:11 pm

Ya letting Harden close you out like that with no resistance at all is pretty bad.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by ChipotleWest » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:14 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:Mavs fans blaming everyone but Luka

Shocker!

Luka sucked, as usual you miss the point. I want the Mavs to win more than I care about Luka and they could have. We even took the lead. But we had a coach who gave the Clippers a layup lineup by playing the wrong big. Did you watch the 4th? You probably looked at stats on espn.com.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 7,365

Post#19 » by JustBuzzin » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:16 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Mavs fans blaming everyone but Luka

Shocker!

Luka sucked, as usual you miss the point. I want the Mavs to win more than I care about Luka and they could have. We even took the lead. But we had a coach who gave the Clippers a layup lineup by playing the wrong big. Did you watch the 4th? You probably looked at stats on espn.com.

Sir calm down. You were getting blown out by 31. Be thankful the refs let you get back in the game for a chance to win.

Harden simply took over in crunch time. Move on to the next game.
dirkdiggler4177
Rookie
And1: 1,361

Post#20 » by dirkdiggler4177 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:18 pm

The problem was not players, it was just hard when Harden got past PJ and Kleber had to either go at Harden and Harden lob the pass, and if not he shoot the long-range floater. Lively would have had the same problem. It's like blaming Kidd for PG making all those shots in the first quarter. Most of the time, the players win the game, not the coach.

Return to The General Board