Mavs should fire Jason Kidd right now, don't even wait for the series to end

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

ChipotleWest
Analyst
And1: 3,186

Re: Mavs should fire Jason Kidd right now, don't even wait for the series to end 

Post#21 » by ChipotleWest » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:19 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Mavs fans blaming everyone but Luka

Shocker!

Luka sucked, as usual you miss the point. I want the Mavs to win more than I care about Luka and they could have. We even took the lead. But we had a coach who gave the Clippers a layup lineup by playing the wrong big. Did you watch the 4th? You probably looked at stats on espn.com.

Sir calm down. You were getting blown out by 31. Be thankful the refs let you get back in the game for a chance to win.

Harden simply took over in crunch time. Move on to the next game.

Refs didn't let anything Clippers play like thugs. Harden was not attacking the rim until Maxi Kleber was the center, because he can't play center and he did the entire 4th.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,413

Re: Mavs should fire Jason Kidd right now, don't even wait for the series to end 

Post#22 » by JustBuzzin » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:25 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
Luka sucked, as usual you miss the point. I want the Mavs to win more than I care about Luka and they could have. We even took the lead. But we had a coach who gave the Clippers a layup lineup by playing the wrong big. Did you watch the 4th? You probably looked at stats on espn.com.

Sir calm down. You were getting blown out by 31. Be thankful the refs let you get back in the game for a chance to win.

Harden simply took over in crunch time. Move on to the next game.

Refs didn't let anything Clippers play like thugs. Harden was not attacking the rim until Maxi Kleber was the center, because he can't play center and he did the entire 4th.

Get some sleep buddy it's been a long night.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,265

Post#23 » by CobraCommander » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:28 pm

Iwasawitness wrote:You don’t fire a coach during the playoffs… that’s just silly.

But you should -
ChipotleWest
Analyst

Post#24 » by ChipotleWest » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:28 pm

Shaka_Zulu wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:You don’t fire a coach during the playoffs… that’s just silly.

Usually true. But this is the rare case it's actually warranted, if you saw Kidds coaching in that entire 4th quarter. He litterally gave away an epic comeback.

Trust me I know the Mavs organization not only will they not fire Kidd after this game or series, they're not firing him at all. Only they will allow a coach to go braindead the entire 4th quarter and have no punishment.
kingr
Head Coach
And1: 2,732

Post#25 » by kingr » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:32 pm

Why do I never see these threads when the Mavs are winning?
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,154

Post#26 » by Iwasawitness » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:35 pm

Shaka_Zulu wrote:

Usually true. But this is the rare case it's actually warranted, if you saw Kidds coaching in that entire 4th quarter. He litterally gave away an epic comeback.

I watched the entire game… I’m well aware of the terrible decisions Kidd made. You still don’t fire a coach during the playoffs.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
adubmac
Junior
And1: 669

Post#27 » by adubmac » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:39 pm

Doc Rivers is still whining about having to take over a team midseason, could you imagine a coach assuming the duties mid playoff series?
holy wack unlyrical lyrics
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,685

Post#28 » by Dirk » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:43 pm

Shocker!

Plenty of Mavs fans are blaming Luka. One guy opens a topic about the coach, so that means all Mavs fans are blaming everyone?

Are you simply unable to be coherent?

Months back, you hated Luka. Then Luka started playing great... you acted like you liked Luka. Now Luka is struggling... and you're back to using him as prop to draw attention?

Unless you get paid for clicks, maybe try to actually come off like you write genuine opinions as opposed to always trying to bait for replies.
60/21/10
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#29 » by Dirk » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:45 pm

Iwasawitness wrote:
Shaka_Zulu wrote:

I watched the entire game… I’m well aware of the terrible decisions Kidd made. You still don’t fire a coach during the playoffs.

Even JBB?
60/21/10
MrGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,460

Post#30 » by MrGoat » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:48 pm

Dominator83 wrote:Is Jontay banned from coaching too?

Don't even joke about that. Jontay Porter might unironically be a better coach than Kidd. But that doesn't mean he's the guy we should hire

Lively was balling so let's bench him the entire 4th quarter and let Harden march to the rim with Kleber as the center
CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,531

Post#32 » by CoP » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:50 pm

THE J0KER wrote:Doncic played 45 minutes in game 4 with +10 in +/- column, which means Mavs managed somehow to have -15 in these 3 minutes Luka didn't play :o

He was getting subbed out for defensive possessions, so that's how
ChipotleWest
Analyst

Post#33 » by ChipotleWest » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:51 pm

Read on Twitter

Kidd bet big on Clippers.
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#34 » by JustBuzzin » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:51 pm

Dirk wrote:

Shocker!

Plenty of Mavs fans are blaming Luka. One guy opens a topic about the coach, so that means all Mavs fans are blaming everyone?

Months back, you hated Luka. Then Luka started playing great... you acted like you liked Luka. Now Luka is struggling... and you're back to using him as prop to draw attention?

Unless you get paid for clicks, maybe try to actually come off like you write genuine opinions as opposed to always trying to bait for replies.
Bro I been light on Luka. If he plays well and stop complaining then you wouldn't have to hear from me.

Also its funny you call me out when people are saying much worse about Luka. At least im being respectful about him.
fast+forward
Junior
And1: 306

Post#35 » by fast+forward » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:51 pm

Wild knee jerk reactions are always rational. :lol:
ChipotleWest
Analyst

Post#36 » by ChipotleWest » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:53 pm

fast+forward wrote:Wild knee jerk reactions are always rational. :lol:

Uhh I've wanted him fired for a long time and so did almost everyone until this great run. But if he's going to cost us playoff games what's the reason for keeping him? There's other coaches and he was fired before.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#37 » by Dirk » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:54 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
Dirk wrote:

Shocker!

Bro I been light on Luka. If he plays well and stop complaining then you wouldn't have to hear from me.

Also its funny you call me out when people are saying much worse about Luka. At least im being respectful about him.

It's totally fine to say negative things about Luka. He's no different from any other player.

But you clearly consistently enter every other topic to cause a reaction. If you can't see what I was trying to explain... that's fine.
60/21/10
Shaka_Zulu
Sixth Man
And1: 2,028

Post#38 » by Shaka_Zulu » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:58 pm

Iwasawitness wrote:
Shaka_Zulu wrote:

Ofcourse it won't happen and it's hyperbole to make a point. Which is he DESERVES to. Not just now, but long time ago. Genuinely boneheaded super incompetent coach.
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#39 » by JustBuzzin » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:58 pm

Dirk wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
Dirk wrote:

It's totally fine to say negative things about Luka. He's no different from any other player.

But you clearly consistently enter every other topic to cause a reaction. If you can't see what I was trying to explain... that's fine.

Where was this smoke when I was praising him just before the playoffs?

It's like you choose to ignore the good I say about him. Then the moment I hold him accountable you come try to make me the face of the Luka hate club.

Just be consistent with your criticism. Series is not over Luka had a bad game. Hopefully he bounces back and stop the extra stuff with the refs.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#40 » by Dirk » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:03 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
Dirk wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Bro I been light on Luka. If he plays well and stop complaining then you wouldn't have to hear from me.

Where was this smoke when I was praising him just before the playoffs?

It's like you choose to ignore the good I say about him. Then the moment I hold him accountable you come try to make me the face of the Luka hate club.

Just be consistent with your criticism. Series is not over Luka had a bad game. Hopefully he bounces back and stop the extra stuff with the refs.

A user created this topic about a coach.

You proceeded to say that ALL fans of the team blame everyone but Luka (which is ridiculous since many have pointed out Luka hasnt played well).

Attempting to derail the topic (which you achieved).

This is a pattern with your posting across the board - making posts that scream "I am trying to bait for replies".

I politely provided you with feedback about your pattern posting (by using the way you flip flop about Luka).

If you don't understand or refuse to understand... that's fine. My final post about this. You can type and think whatever you want about any player... just do not consistently try to derail every other topic you enter.
60/21/10

Return to The General Board