The List of Great Players In Crappy Situations

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

OrangeBlueSkies
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,111

The List of Great Players In Crappy Situations 

Post#1 » by OrangeBlueSkies » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:22 am

Look around the league… how many really really good players are on teams that are :

a) being embarrassed in the playoffs
b) didn’t even make the playoffs

The first group of players are guys who are in **** situations , albeit are young and therefore are NOT going to be moved :

Wenbanyama, Cade Cunningham, LaMelo Ball, Scottie Barnes, Jalen Green

LaMelo Ball is the only player I could see wanting out as Charlotte lacks real direction or identity.

Now it gets juicy, the list of players who SHOULD be in the playoffs or are in the playoffs but struggling: in no specific order

Stephen Curry, LeBron James, Devin Booker, Giannis Anteimnotrying, Damian Lillard, Joel Embiid, Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant, Zion Williamson, Trae Young, DeAaron Fox, Domo, Demar Derozan, Mikal Bridges. I know the vast majority of those guys want to taste the ring ( whether it be for the first time or to solidify some legacies) ALSO I UNDERSTAND THE BUCKS ARE BANGED UP BUT YOU DONT FIRE YOUR COACH WHEN YOU ARE 30-13 TO HIRE A GUY WHO HAS BEEN 18-21 SO FAR. THERE ARE SOME REAL ISSUES IN MILWAUKEE.

My point? How many of these guys are looking at other situations around the league? And yes, aside from OKC, I’m specifically talking about the Knicks. I full heartedly believe that Kevin Durant wishes he was on the Knicks right now. This isn’t about the 3-1 lead as opposed to the 3-0 hole that the Suns are in. This is because with players like Hartenstein, Robinson, OG, and Hart, we would actually get to watch Kevin Durant play offense and remember who he is. Asking Durant to be your second line of defense behind a guy like Nurkic of all guys, isn’t fair to Kevin. Please save your “ they are playing a team with 3 seven footers blah blah” comments . Durant played an 82 game season prettty much anchoring the sad defense of the Suns.

OKC, man, the league should be put on notice RIGHT NOW. The best team in the West must be looking like the most attractive destination to free agents at the moment as well as many of guys on that second list of players.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,349

Re: The List of Great Players In Crappy Situations 

Post#2 » by zimpy27 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:23 am

Durant trying to get back to OKC would be my favourite storyline
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
OrangeBlueSkies
Assistant Coach

Post#3 » by OrangeBlueSkies » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:26 am

zimpy27 wrote:Durant trying to get back to OKC would be my favourite storyline

I was thinking Paul George this upcoming off season. But that sounds really Durant like I can’t lie.

Knicks would make a ton of sense as well.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,507

Post#4 » by JustBuzzin » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:30 am

Did you suggest LaMelo Ball wanting out of Charlotte?

The dude barely plays to have any say about a trade.
OrangeBlueSkies
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by OrangeBlueSkies » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:31 am

JustBuzzin wrote:Did you suggest LaMelo Ball wanting out of Charlotte?

I wouldn't want to play either if I couldn't name any of my teammates.
FarBeyondDriven
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,046

Post#6 » by FarBeyondDriven » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:33 am

if those players were "great" they'd elevate their teams and would no longer be in crappy situations. Wembanyama doesn't count because the Spurs tanked on purpose. They could feasibly be a playoff team with a decent draft (armed with two lottery picks), FA or via trades. There's only so much cap space to go around. These teams that aren't quite competitive are just a player or two away from getting there so joining another team might not be possible due to the cap or if they did, the cost to obtain them would drastically alter their depth and chemistry. The grass is not always greener.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,507

Post#7 » by JustBuzzin » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:35 am

OrangeBlueSkies wrote:

Bro people were literally going crazy at the trade deadline when Rozier and Hayward got moved. Now we don't have any players.

Mark Williams is a bum.
Bridges dropped 50 he is a bum and he beats women.
Brandon Miller rookie put up 20ppg since the new year he's a bum.

Charlotte and those no name bums!
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,872

Post#8 » by Dominator83 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:39 am

Wow Derozen gets zero respect around here. Not even an honorable mention?
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
OrangeBlueSkies
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by OrangeBlueSkies » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:40 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
OrangeBlueSkies wrote:

Bro people were literally going crazy at the trade deadline when Rozier and Hayward got moved. Now we don't have any players.

Mark Williams is a bum.
Bridges dropped 50 he is a bum and he beats women.
Brandon Miller rookie put up 20ppg since the new year he's a bum.

Charlotte and those no name bums!

I actually like Miller. Gives me Paul George vibes. He really lit up my Knicks one game this season. Other two guys I'm not impressed by. Williams puts up numbers but to me they are empty stats. Nic Richards another guy with potential but I will tell you maybe now the Hornets will start actually making good use of their lottery picks. & I mean that.
OrangeBlueSkies
Assistant Coach

Post#10 » by OrangeBlueSkies » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:41 am

Dominator83 wrote:Wow Derozen gets zero respect around here. Not even an honorable mention?

I was going to, I'm sorry and I will add him. A true bucket getter but I read he was really happy in Chicago and wanted to sign an extension.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,872

Post#11 » by Dominator83 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:44 am

OrangeBlueSkies wrote:
Dominator83 wrote:Wow Derozen gets zero respect around here. Not even an honorable mention?

I was going to, I'm sorry and I will add him. A true bucket getter but I read he was really happy in Chicago and wanted to sign an extension.

No problem! He also said he wants to win though. That ain't happening for him here. He's still a legit worthy all-star but time ain't on his side and this team isn't winning anytime soon.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Tomtolbert
Sophomore
And1: 182

Post#12 » by Tomtolbert » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:47 am

The thread title specifies "great" players. That should be a very short list.
OrangeBlueSkies
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by OrangeBlueSkies » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:48 am

Dominator83 wrote:
OrangeBlueSkies wrote:

No problem! He also said he wants to win though. That ain't happening for him here. He's still a legit worthy all-star but time ain't on his side and this team isn't winning anytime soon.

He needs to take the Russell Westbrook type pay-cut. I could see him on so many different teams. Lakers, Clippers, Knicks, Heat, Philly, Milwaukee. Are you kidding? At his current production rate, Derozan can still win you a few playoff games on his lonesome.
Infinite Llamas
General Manager
And1: 21,668

Post#14 » by Infinite Llamas » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:49 am

Can’t call Ball a great player when he misses 60% of the games for two years.

Jalen Green plays on a fine team that might challenge for a playoff spot soon.
Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,145

Post#15 » by UcanUwill » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:58 am

Not sure if some would call Deni Avdija great, but that man needs to be out of Washington. As BS said, Deni is dying to be on a winning team.
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,621

Post#16 » by KGtabake » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:01 am

Giannis got a championship.
Yes, the Bucks were unlucky in '22 with Middleton and this year with both Giannis and Lillard but he got his ring. It's Milwaukee, it's not Los Angeles. They were not expected to be a dynasty.
He may win another one, he may not.
But you cannot list him on this thread anymore imo
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,545

Post#17 » by jkvonny » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:11 am

FarBeyondDriven wrote:if those players were "great" they'd elevate their teams and would no longer be in crappy situations. Wembanyama doesn't count because the Spurs tanked on purpose. They could feasibly be a playoff team with a decent draft (armed with two lottery picks), FA or via trades. There's only so much cap space to go around. These teams that aren't quite competitive are just a player or two away from getting there so joining another team might not be possible due to the cap or if they did, the cost to obtain them would drastically alter their depth and chemistry. The grass is not always greener.

:-?
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,145

Post#18 » by UcanUwill » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:48 am

jkvonny wrote:
FarBeyondDriven wrote:if those players were "great" they'd elevate their teams and would no longer be in crappy situations. Wembanyama doesn't count because the Spurs tanked on purpose. They could feasibly be a playoff team with a decent draft (armed with two lottery picks), FA or via trades. There's only so much cap space to go around. These teams that aren't quite competitive are just a player or two away from getting there so joining another team might not be possible due to the cap or if they did, the cost to obtain them would drastically alter their depth and chemistry. The grass is not always greener.

:-?

Bad comment, I ignored it.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,105

Post#19 » by tmorgan » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:53 am

The all-time answer to this question is Barry Sanders. Debatably the greatest RB of all-time. Dude just said F it, I’m retiring.
Gusto1903
Sixth Man
And1: 2,396

Post#20 » by Gusto1903 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:01 am

OrangeBlueSkies wrote:

Damn, i thought about it, not even PJ Washington is left on the team. Who is lol
On the Alperen Sengün hypetrain since 2020

Return to The General Board