If Ant plays like this, the Wolves is going to beat Nuggets

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,694

Re: If Ant plays like this, the Wolves is going to beat Nuggets 

Post#21 » by Calinks » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:53 am

I still think the Nuggets are the best team in the NBA with the Celtics being a very close second, almost 1A and 1B. Celtics just have way more firepower but I wonder about their mental fortitude. Nuggets have the most poise out of any team by a country mile.

I love my Wolves and they have made an astronomical leap in one season when it comes to BBIQ and execution. I still think they will lose to Denver in the next round. I do think it will be competitive and it can go 6-7 games but ultimately, I think Denver is just too damn good, they execute too well, they are too smart and connected. Towns in particular makes a lot of costly mistakes and though he has cleaned that up to a degree this year he still has problems and I could see that getting exposed a lot by Denver and we need him to be on point.

All that said, Denver does look more vulnerable to me right now than they did last year so I do think there is a bigger window for them to beat this season. I still will take Denver to win the series but I will say I give the Wolves a healthy 40 percent chance to win while I would have given this version of the Wolves like a 30 percent chance to win against last years Nugugets.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
firedavidkahn
Senior
And1: 1,058

Post#22 » by firedavidkahn » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:10 am

Calinks wrote:I still think the Nuggets are the best team in the NBA with the Celtics being a very close second, almost 1A and 1B. Celtics just have way more firepower but I wonder about their mental fortitude. Nuggets have the most poise out of any team by a country mile.

I love my Wolves and they have made an astronomical leap in one season when it comes to BBIQ and execution. I still think they will lose to Denver in the next round. I do think it will be competitive and it can go 6-7 games but ultimately, I think Denver is just too damn good, they execute too well, they are too smart and connected. Towns in particular makes a lot of costly mistakes and though he has cleaned that up to a degree this year he still has problems and I could see that getting exposed a lot by Denver and we need him to be on point.

All that said, Denver does look more vulnerable to me right now than they did last year so I do think there is a bigger window for them to beat this season. I still will take Denver to win the series but I will say I give the Wolves a healthy 40 percent chance to win while I would have given this version of the Wolves like a 30 percent chance to win against last years Nugugets.

Denver are the returning champs and check all the boxes.

Until they get eliminated they are the team to beat. They proved it last year and look just as good this year. Until proven otherwise they are the champs.

I think we got as good of a chance as anyone to beat them
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 17,128

Post#23 » by Wolfgang630 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:12 am

Anthony ain’t the issue. Joker could average 40 ppg, but if Jamal ain’t good they’re losing.
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,758

Post#24 » by One_and_Done » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:12 am

firedavidkahn wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:I hope so. I am sick of the Jokic overrating.

Jokic may be a lot of things but the one thing he isn't is overrated

People are calling him the GOAT peak, and saying he's better than the likes of Shaq, Lebron and Duncan. I like Jokic, but he's definitely getting overrated.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
firedavidkahn
Senior

Post#25 » by firedavidkahn » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:19 am

One_and_Done wrote:
firedavidkahn wrote:

Jokic may be a lot of things but the one thing he isn't is overrated

People are calling him the GOAT peak, and saying he's better than the likes of Shaq, Lebron and Duncan. I like Jokic, but he's definitely getting overrated.

Jokic may not have the collective career achievements yet but his play in the past couple years is absolutely up there with those guys
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,758

Post#26 » by One_and_Done » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:22 am

firedavidkahn wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:
firedavidkahn wrote:Jokic may be a lot of things but the one thing he isn't is overrated

Jokic may not have the collective career achievements yet but his play in the past couple years is absolutely up there with those guys

No. It's really not.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
Ugly Duckling
Analyst
And1: 1,588

Post#27 » by Ugly Duckling » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:28 am

if the wolves stay healthy, they've already won it all (for multiple years if their front office keeps making sound decisions)
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,860

Post#28 » by thinktank » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:35 am

Jaqua92 wrote:If Murray is healthy, like, 44/38/88 healthy, Wolves are getting smoked.

Otherwise they'll lose. Suns are god awful and I think people are overrating the **** out of the Wolves.

I have listened to people say this all year and all of them have been proven wrong thus far.

Are you SURE you want to bet against this absolutely magical Wolves squad?
“Tatum is garbage.” “Tatum is literally dogcrap.” -The Corey’s
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,485

Post#29 » by PhilBlackson » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:36 am

We'll see but THAT should be an amazing series.

It’s just tough when Jok has such a crazy effect on the entire offence. He’ll also pull Rudy from the basket and I’m sure there will be a night or two he’ll put him in foul trouble. Plus Gordon will be the best defender Ant has faced so far.

I actually can’t wait to see how that one plays out. As aside I’m genuinely happy for MIN fans after a brutal drought when KG left. It’s gotta be amazing to have a true superstar like Ant.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Hobo4President
Analyst
And1: 3,221

Post#30 » by Hobo4President » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:38 am

If Murray and Denvers bench continue to struggle it's a very real possibility, and honestly I'd probably favour the wolves if that happens. MPJ and Gordon are playing great but they need more than that.
Persi
Freshman
And1: 65

Post#31 » by Persi » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:47 am

We'll see. I really love Wolves success, but still rooting for Denver to win it all.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 12,581

Post#32 » by Chuck Everett » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:15 am

If Minnesota beats Denver (which they absolutely can), then they might as well go on and win the chip.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
kaansunman
Freshman
And1: 46

Post#33 » by kaansunman » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:33 am

First Denver should beat Lakers for one last time which is most probably will happen in 24 hours.

Suns' awful defense helps Ant's performance, it won't be that easy for him this time but still he has the potential. Wolves with their size will be a big problem for Nuggets it will be a hard fought at least 6 game series. This is not the year for them yet, they should build the rage after the loss next year.
FarBeyondDriven
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,020

Post#34 » by FarBeyondDriven » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:40 am

if the Wolves had McDaniels last season they might have beaten the Nuggets. This is a really solid Wolves team folks. They match up extremely well. I think they're easily a top 3 team in the NBA and could win it all. This series would likely come down to who the NBA wants to win...so officiating.
B-easy
Starter
And1: 569

Post#35 » by B-easy » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:58 am

Ant for his career is a 33% mid range shooter in his playoff career he is shooting 56%. He will come back down to earth eventually.
ChipotleWest
Analyst
And1: 3,186

Post#36 » by ChipotleWest » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:53 am

I've got Wolves over Nuggets in the series.
Big_Aristotle
Senior
And1: 254

Post#37 » by Big_Aristotle » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:13 am

Wolves are legit. Barring injury they can win it all.

Nuggets win a lot of games because of their size advantage, the Wolves are one of the only teams where that won't work.
Johnny Tomala
Veteran
And1: 2,119

Post#38 » by Johnny Tomala » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:51 am

Denver and Minnesota are my two favourite teams from West. Nuggets for those blue jerseys in Melo years, I liked to play with Minnesota in NBA Live 98 and in the future editions, I loved KG there. Nuggets won last year, if not Celtics this year, then I would have no problems with Minnesota winning it all.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,610

Post#39 » by tsherkin » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:49 pm

What in the world is this about?

No one is overrating him; he's remarkable.
firedavidkahn
Senior

Post#40 » by firedavidkahn » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:52 pm

B-easy wrote:Ant for his career is a 33% mid range shooter in his playoff career he is shooting 56%. He will come back down to earth eventually.

Eventaully people will just accept that Ant raises his game in the play offs. :lol:

I'm sure there are still people out there that think Ball is better :lol:

Return to The General Board