Suns Drama already leaking (Kevin Durant never felt comfortable in Phoenix’s offense per SHAMS)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

dantas
Sophomore
And1: 143

Re: Suns Drama already leaking (Kevin Durant never felt comfortable in Phoenix’s offense per SHAMS) 

Post#61 » by dantas » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:36 pm

Yesterday Kevin Durant scored just two points in the 4th quarter

Nine attempts in the 4th quarter in four games

Like Embiid. His numbers in the series were great, but when it mattered most, he didn't show up.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,132

Re: Suns Drama already leaking (Kevin Durant never felt comfortable in Phoenix’s offense per SHAMS) 

Post#62 » by DelAbbot » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:43 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:Where does KD go from here?

Does he beg Steph to take him back?

Does he take the easy road and demand a trade to Denver?

Does he join the team that just eliminated him?

Does he join forces with another prolofic ring chaser like LeBron?

Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z!
celtxman
Analyst
And1: 1,488

Post#64 » by celtxman » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:08 pm

Stannis wrote:I honestly don't blame him. The Bradley Beal experiment was a total failure.

Did you say "was?" No no - this is the gift that keeps on giving. 3 more years, over $150 million and a 15% trade kicker. Brad will be enjoying that Arizona sunshine!
Brad Stevens on fans who want the Celtics to tank: "I don’t think they’ll like me all that much then."
VicG
Head Coach
And1: 2,164

Post#65 » by VicG » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:12 pm

Two of the last three years this dude was swept out of the first round. That’s all that needs to be said
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,863

Post#66 » by dhsilv2 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:22 pm

Case2012 wrote:
Decipher wrote:
Case2012 wrote:They'll fire Vogel before trading him, obviously. They should trade beal for a PG and for depth. I wonder if cp3 would come back on a minimum.

Beal was traded for a bag of chips because nobody wanted that contract and I can’t imagine that he’s worth more now

I agree but his contract could be broken into smaller ones with some decent role players if a team feels he's a missing piece. I could see Morey trading for him.

No chance in hell Morey would consider Beal. That stats guy is going to be sold on a bad stats, bad contract player?
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,087

Post#67 » by whatisacenter » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:25 pm

Too bad for him that he let the jackals chase him out of GS.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Frank Dux
Head Coach
And1: 9,365

Post#68 » by Frank Dux » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:27 pm

NoStatsGuy wrote:im taking him on the knicks. i think he fits great, if he defers to brunson. we have everything in place. he can just get buckets and ball over here.

bogey +filler and 3 picks

The Suns will require some of their quality depth players like Hart or Donte along with a bunch of 1sts. There’s no way the Knicks do that trade.

Personally I wouldn’t shake up the Knicks roster for a 35 year old who isn’t going to defend and rebound. They have a great thing going for them and they don’t need a washed up superstar coming in and making demands.
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,454

Post#69 » by NoStatsGuy » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:31 pm

Frank Dux wrote:
NoStatsGuy wrote:im taking him on the knicks. i think he fits great, if he defers to brunson. we have everything in place. he can just get buckets and ball over here.

bogey +filler and 3 picks

The Suns will require some of their quality depth players like Hart or Donte along with a bunch of 1sts. There’s no way the Knicks do that trade.

Personally I wouldn’t shake up the Knicks roster for a 35 year old who isn’t going to defend and rebound. They have a great thing going for them and they don’t need a washed up superstar coming in and making demands.

thats why i said, thats all im offering. i dont break up the knicks for KD. but i wouldnt mind having him to support brunson in the offense.

none of the nova guys get traded you best believe that.
im bout dat action boss
CS707
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#70 » by CS707 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:33 pm

Andrew Wiggins and guaranteeing CP3 to match is the trade that makes sense. It gives Phoenix a lower usage wing on a more palatable contract and an actual PG. It's not a sexy trade by any means and I assume the initial Suns fan reaction is eff that, but once you sit on it and realize how limited the options are for moving KD and improving the team really are, it's about as good as you can get IMO.
liquidswords
Pro Prospect
And1: 969

Post#71 » by liquidswords » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:44 pm

KD is really the slim reaper - of the culture of every single team he's on. Its really incredible. He always shows zero accountability. We watched the games and you just stood in the corner with your hands out waiting for the ball like someone playing pick up ball. NOT a leader or real winner.
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 341

Post#73 » by WentzerWuver » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:49 pm

DLoMor wrote:Suns should have never fired Monty Williams.
Duh been saying that once he was fired and not wait until now like most fans do. Maybe your Dlo can help them out since they do need a true point guard.

Dlo plus filler for Beal so the Lakers can roll out with this 3 headed monster (3 superstars on max contracts regardless of age) thing for one more season since they do seems to care more about star power over substance anyways.
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 752

Post#74 » by Charlesareed » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:56 pm

Doranku wrote:KD's career outside of Golden State is a colossal failure.

KD OKC years were great he was league MVP they did make
The finals and lost to the big 3 in Miami had some great memories in OKC since he left GSW he has been a failure
Chicago Raised me
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,321

Post#75 » by enigmatics » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:58 pm

DLoMor wrote:Suns should have never fired Monty Williams.

Are you insane?

Two straight catastrophic failures in the playoffs AFTER blowing a 2-0 lead and backdoor swept by the Bucks in the Finals? You should definitely be drug tested - at least 5 times a week.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,485

Post#76 » by Stone » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:00 pm

Remember 36 unbothered ? Sure sounds like 35 is………
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Airmiess
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,459

Post#77 » by Airmiess » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:01 pm

Same **** every year...its actually hilarious now. Its like no way, he has a problem again? with the guy he wanted ?
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 341

Post#78 » by WentzerWuver » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:09 pm

liquidswords wrote:KD is really the slim reaper - of the culture of every single team he's on. Its really incredible. He always shows zero accountability. We watched the games and you just stood in the corner with your hands out waiting for the ball like someone playing pick up ball. NOT a leader or real winner.
Didn't he recently wanted to be in the same goat convo as MJ?

https://youtube.com/shorts/nvIx18Z09Ko?si=XNL8TDKhB6QL2NJU

https://youtube.com/shorts/bLwj6u3LZpw?si=_ajenjXh4S6V8Z6P
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,099

Post#79 » by Calvin Klein » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:20 pm

It's not the coaches!! They can be good, bad, whatever...but they can't do magic. If your roster is flawed, there's nothing you can do.

This just makes me want to see Nash coach again. A team with no divas.
Special_Puppy
Bench Warmer
And1: 906

Post#80 » by Special_Puppy » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:03 pm

Forbes wrote:Knew this was coming, I do hope they blow this team up. Very poor idea.

They don't own any of their picks so they'd need to get those back before they can tank

Return to The General Board