Mat Isbhia ruined the Suns

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

IamBBAnalysis
Rookie
And1: 524

Re: Mat Isbhia ruined the Suns 

Post#61 » by IamBBAnalysis » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:53 am

Anticon wrote:The trades involved losing a lot of assets, but I feel like there's some overrating of the Suns old core here.

Would Booker, Bridges, Cam Johnson and Ayton be a playoff threat? It's not exactly a scary group.

Smart move for the Suns would be to give it one more chance, refocus the personnel around defence, bring one of Booker or Beal off the bench, and try to acquire a proper point guard.

Not sure what assets they have but it's still a viable situation.

Yes, that's a good young core. For sure. And you still have draft picks and the ability to add pieces.
ghillphx
Junior
And1: 422

Post#62 » by ghillphx » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:54 am

giberish wrote:
Anticon wrote:
ghillphx wrote:
So, again, they went to the NBA finals, won 64 games the year after...

Their most impactful player in those years was Chris Paul, and it's irrelevant in any case to how they'd perform this year and going forward.

Look genuinely at the competition in the West right now and make a case that that team would be particularly threatening.

Paul's importance to the team should have made them realize the importance of at least having a credible NBA starting PG going forward. No matter how much talent you have if your offense is just guys taking turns isoing there's a limit as to how good your offense is going to be.

Problem with Paul was he was always injured when we needed him most. That was the only reason I was happy we flipped him for Beal, Suns fans hated Shamet
Goose egg
Junior
And1: 750

Post#63 » by Goose egg » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:15 am

ghillphx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
ghillphx wrote:Image
Closest thing I can think of is Prokorhov in 2013 with the Nets. Rich Russian Billionaire buys the team, ruins them and their future seemingly overnight by trading for old ass Pierce and Garnett. Isbhia has done the same. As a Suns fan, I saw the writing on the wall when he traded for Durant. I have never been more angry with my franchise, this half wit clown ruined it. https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2024/4/29/24144474/mat-ishbia-looney-tunes-phoenix-suns

You supported the Beal trade and personally attacked someone who said the Wiz won the trade.

viewtopic.php?f=415&t=2299167&hilit=durant

Still trying to figure out how my being optimistic about 1 of his 3 failed trades changes the fact that he failed, he the owner? I'm just a fan. You can clown me behind the computer, not sure why you're doing that though. Must have low self-esteem.

Why did you respond twice to this with completely different answers on page 1 and page 2?
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,894

Post#64 » by giberish » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:21 am

ghillphx wrote:
giberish wrote:
Anticon wrote:
Their most impactful player in those years was Chris Paul, and it's irrelevant in any case to how they'd perform this year and going forward.

Look genuinely at the competition in the West right now and make a case that that team would be particularly threatening.

Paul's importance to the team should have made them realize the importance of at least having a credible NBA starting PG going forward. No matter how much talent you have if your offense is just guys taking turns isoing there's a limit as to how good your offense is going to be.

Problem with Paul was he was always injured when we needed him most. That was the only reason I was happy we flipped him for Beal, Suns fans hated Shamet

While Paul had aged out of being a major player on a top team, Phoenix needed a replacement starting PG instead of an extra SG.
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,381

Post#65 » by SpreeS » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:24 am

I don't think that Beal trade was bad trade looking at the whole. The bad deal was a trade for Durant. To give Bridges/Cam and 5 draft picks for old Durant is a sabotage of team future.
ghillphx
Junior
And1: 422

Post#66 » by ghillphx » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:50 am

SpreeS wrote:I don't think that Beal trade was bad trade looking at the whole. The bad deal was a trade for Durant. To give Bridges/Cam and 5 draft picks for old Durant is a sabotage of team future.

Durant deal sealed our fate
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,800

Post#67 » by Pointgod » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:34 pm

Anticon wrote:The trades involved losing a lot of assets, but I feel like there's some overrating of the Suns old core here.

Would Booker, Bridges, Cam Johnson and Ayton be a playoff threat? It's not exactly a scary group.

Smart move for the Suns would be to give it one more chance, refocus the personnel around defence, bring one of Booker or Beal off the bench, and try to acquire a proper point guard.

Not sure what assets they have but it's still a viable situation.

You hit the nail on the head with this assessment. All four players that were traded are on lottery teams, not even play-in teams. It’s more roster construction and the fact that Beal has been miserable, he’s not even playing like a third option than the guys they traded away. And there’s just too much talent in the NBA to give up depth. 3 superstars and vet mins can no longer be expected to carry a playoff team
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,916

Post#68 » by The Corey's » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:38 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:And you're lucky Ted Stepien came 30 and 40 years before them or all the 1st rounders would be gone. Although the swaps do still suck, NBA should probably close that loophole.

Actually they should do the opposite. The Stepien rule is ridiculous.

The league shouldn't be in the business of saving bad GMs from making mistakes. That's what ownership is for.

You want a player bad enough then you should have to pay.
ConSarnit
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,792

Post#69 » by ConSarnit » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:50 pm

They won’t do it but they could hit the reset button and come away in not bad shape.

Trade Booker to the Nets for all of their picks back+

Trade KD for 3(?) 1sts?

Tank in 2025. Are sort of screwed on the ‘26 swap so hope to get back a ‘26 1st for KD. Tank in ‘27. Phoenix seems like a 2nd tier NBA city now that Sarver is gone so they can probably attract free agents. They could be good again by ‘29-30 so those owed picks wouldn’t be a disaster.

The Suns could pivot because of the value Booker and KD still hold. They won’t. New owner syndrome strikes again.
ConSarnit
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,792

Post#70 » by ConSarnit » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:53 pm

The Corey's wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:And you're lucky Ted Stepien came 30 and 40 years before them or all the 1st rounders would be gone. Although the swaps do still suck, NBA should probably close that loophole.

The league shouldn't be in the business of saving bad GMs from making mistakes. That's what ownership is for.

It doesn’t just protect the owners and GM’s, it protects the fans and the league. They didn’t want teams trading 10 years of draft picks and having entire fanbases give up on their team. Having a bunch of doomed franchises isn’t good for business.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,916

Post#71 » by The Corey's » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:58 pm

ConSarnit wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

It doesn’t just protect the owners and GM’s, it protects the fans and the league. They didn’t want teams trading 10 years of draft picks and having entire fanbases give up on their team. Having a bunch of doomed franchises isn’t good for business.

In some ways I understand it but in others I think it handicaps the return you can get for a asset other teams desperately want. The NFL doesnt have this problem.
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 12,111

Post#72 » by Effigy » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:47 pm

'Ruined' is harsh. That team wasn't going to win as it was constructed when he took over. Chris Paul is completely cooked, and the team wasn't the same without him. He took a big swing and it didn't work out this year. Maybe another year with more time playing together and better injury luck, who knows?
DwayneSchintzus
Rookie
And1: 1,520

Post#73 » by DwayneSchintzus » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:52 pm

The Suns werent going to win a chip with Paul, and they arent going to win one with this team either.

Its strange to see a team thats had so much relative success and has made so many terrible personnel decisions, beginning with Ayton over Doncic.

I think Booker will eventually ask out. Why the hell would he want to play with Beal’s albatross contract or the corpse of Kevin Durant on a 42 win team over the 2nd apron?

I think Phoenix is the most likely candidate to drop out of the playoffs entirely next year as Memphis comes back at full strength.
These are the opinions of one lifelong Spurs fan, nothing more
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,861

Post#74 » by SkyBill40 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:07 pm

DwayneSchintzus wrote:The Suns werent going to win a chip with Paul, and they arent going to win one with this team either.

Its strange to see a team thats had so much relative success and has made so many terrible personnel decisions, beginning with Ayton over Doncic.

I think Booker will eventually ask out. Why the hell would he want to play with Beal’s albatross contract or the corpse of Kevin Durant on a 42 win team over the 2nd apron?

I think Phoenix is the most likely candidate to drop out of the playoffs entirely next year as Memphis comes back at full strength.

They got a lot closer with Paul than they got at any time post Nash and even after Durant. He's a stabilizing force and a great floor general. We're lacking significantly in both areas now as none of BBD are "that guy." There's a reason why Barkley called Durant a bus rider.

They Ayton draft was a foregone conclusion: There's no way that an ex-UA alum was going to take Doncic even though he was the far more sure thing. Sarver couldn't help himself and now we're suffering for it even after he's gone.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 41,140

Post#75 » by Sedale Threatt » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:10 pm

Effigy wrote:'Ruined' is harsh. That team wasn't going to win as it was constructed when he took over. Chris Paul is completely cooked, and the team wasn't the same without him. He took a big swing and it didn't work out this year. Maybe another year with more time playing together and better injury luck, who knows?

They still have zero depth and no real way to address that. A pretty grim overview...

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2024/4/29/24144510/phoenix-suns-nba-trade-rumors-kevin-durant-devin-booker
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,289

Post#76 » by God Squad » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:28 pm

Just another owner who thinks NBA roster construction is similar to NBA2k.
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 810

Post#77 » by LaLover11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:43 pm

He can fix his mistake and Trade Durant to the Lakers for good rotational players & depth with great contracts

Make it right to your Suns Fans Mat Ishbhia
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,688

Post#78 » by JayMKE » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:46 pm

Beal trade sucked but i don't think KD trade was bad
FREE GIANNIS
Mamba81p
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,235

Post#79 » by Mamba81p » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:55 pm

ghillphx wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
Doctor MJ wrote:
Dude, you need to stop digging your own hole. You come off terrible in how talking to other people in that thread, you're coming off terribly here, and the 180 turn you did on your opinion to righteously vilify that which you did not seem to have a problem with at the time makes you look foolish.

It sucks what you're having to deal with right now as a Suns fan, and a lot of us feel for your fanbase at the moment - just as we've felt for other fanbases in the past, and will do again in the future - but try to show some self-restraint.

OP right now...

Did anybody even read what I posted on the Beal thread or do you just take his word for it like sheep?

When everyone told you the beal trade was not going to work, you told them they don't know what they are talking about.

"Another person, who has no clue." When someone said that wiz won the trade and that suns won't win anything.

"Those 3 played 16 games total together, so unless they're constantly injured... you couldn't be more wrong. Lol. Do your research." When a poster compared them to harden and Irving.

The entire thread is full of replies like that from you.
Lunartic
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,388

Post#80 » by Lunartic » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:02 pm

IamBBAnalysis wrote:
Lunartic wrote:The KD trade was fine, he was the better player in the package. The Beal trade was horrendous and had he listened to me and read my realm posts he would have realized Beal was a scrub.

Should have made a move for Caruso or a decent center instead

I enjoy watching Booker fail though

No. I'm tired of this galaxy. The Durant trade was by FAR the worst of all the bad trades. Durant destroyed the good vibes, youth, and future if the team. What Durant was supposed to bring was another big shot maker who could be relied upon to dominate like a superstar. Instead, the Suns got a tall boring pile of turd blossoms. Really, the dude is just a stand still shooter who can't dribble and seems to hate being in Phoenix.

Beal was not good but mostly for the future. Paul was washed anyway.

The problem was trading for Durant.

27/6/5 on .620 TS with solid enough defense

He was more efficient than Booker and played much better defense while averaging 2 less assists with comparable advanced nerd stats. He can also create his own offense

Durant was not the issue, he was/is much better than Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson and Crowder combined. Not a fan of 4 unprotected FRPs but eh.

Keeping CP3 and Shamet alongside KD/Booker made more sense than signing Beal. Or move CP3/picks for a younger PG.

Return to The General Board