Mat Isbhia ruined the Suns

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,635

Re: Mat Isbhia ruined the Suns 

Post#41 » by Doctor MJ » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:55 am

ghillphx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
ghillphx wrote:Image
Closest thing I can think of is Prokorhov in 2013 with the Nets. Rich Russian Billionaire buys the team, ruins them and their future seemingly overnight by trading for old ass Pierce and Garnett. Isbhia has done the same. As a Suns fan, I saw the writing on the wall when he traded for Durant. I have never been more angry with my franchise, this half wit clown ruined it. https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2024/4/29/24144474/mat-ishbia-looney-tunes-phoenix-suns

You supported the Beal trade and personally attacked someone who said the Wiz won the trade.

viewtopic.php?f=415&t=2299167&hilit=durant

Yeah, that was after accepting reality as it was, I was 100% against the Durant trade, but there was nothing to be done. Nice discovery, how long did it take you to find that? Lmfao. I was also 100% against the Ayton trade. The Beal trade was different bc CP3 was old and oft injured, so he was the piece that needed to move. Nice try though. I didn't know "RealGM's" dug up dirt on people, thought they were above that? "Personally attacked"? Please.

Dude, you need to stop digging your own hole. You come off terrible in how talking to other people in that thread, you're coming off terribly here, and the 180 turn you did on your opinion to righteously vilify that which you did not seem to have a problem with at the time makes you look foolish.

It sucks what you're having to deal with right now as a Suns fan, and a lot of us feel for your fanbase at the moment - just as we've felt for other fanbases in the past, and will do again in the future - but try to show some self-restraint.
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
sp6r=underrated
RealGM
And1: 9,016

Post#42 » by sp6r=underrated » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:02 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:And you're lucky Ted Stepien came 30 and 40 years before them or all the 1st rounders would be gone. Although the swaps do still suck, NBA should probably close that loophole.

All of these rules to block stupid owners and stupid general managers make it harder for smart owners and smart general managers to build good clubs. Luck becomes the driving factor. If anything the NBA would be better if it removed all restrictions on trades.
FarBeyondDriven
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,047

Post#43 » by FarBeyondDriven » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:07 am

basketballRob wrote:
Xatticus wrote:
basketballRob wrote:The Magic get the least favorable of the Washington or Phoenix 2026 first round pick is starting to look more attractive. Both could be in the lottery. A perfect scenario for the Magic is both teams tanking.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app

Teams that don't own their own pick don't tank.
True. Washington might not tank, but they have a long way to go. With the West getting stronger, the Suns may just pull the plug around mid-season. They keep the most favorable pick. The Suns have $180m tied up into Durant, Beal, Booker, and Nurkic that season. All of them except Booker could be toast by that time.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app

I think it's safe to say that the Suns will run it back next season, slightly improved and have similar success as this season and their 2025 pick will be in the twenties. If they decide to blow it up and trade Booker and KD the following off-season, they'll still have Beal and they'll insist on players that can help them win since they won't be tanking (no point since they don't have their own pick) so while it's still likely going to be an ugly season, it's probably not going to be top 10 or higher 2026 pick. Still valuable but this isn't similar the Nets when they gave the Celtics two top 3 picks. That Nets team had nothing. Not even a Beal and certainly not Beal AND whatever players Booker and KD command in a trade. Plus the owner clearly has deep pockets and a willingness to spend. It's still fun to dream though and anything can happen so it will make it much easier and more fun to root against the Suns for these teams attached to their future 1st.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,166

Post#44 » by Lalouie » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:08 am

zimpy27 wrote:Yeah, but what are you gonna do.
These things happen in the NBA.

literally,,,people can't help themselves.

collecting talent is a built in excuse in itself, therefore decision making is not at risk. everyone think money is the answer
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,784

Post#45 » by VanWest82 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:13 am

OPer's posting history aside, this is potentially one of the bleaker situations in recent memory. KD is turning 36 and isn't the player he was even two years ago (post achilles). Beal is clearly on the downside and still owed like 160M. They're going to lose some guys or pay out the nose. They're in the 2nd apron so they can't add guys. They have no picks for the better part of a decade.

I think the freakout is justified.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,088

Post#46 » by whatisacenter » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:20 am

Doctor MJ wrote:
ghillphx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
You supported the Beal trade and personally attacked someone who said the Wiz won the trade.

Yeah, that was after accepting reality as it was, I was 100% against the Durant trade, but there was nothing to be done. Nice discovery, how long did it take you to find that? Lmfao. I was also 100% against the Ayton trade. The Beal trade was different bc CP3 was old and oft injured, so he was the piece that needed to move. Nice try though. I didn't know "RealGM's" dug up dirt on people, thought they were above that? "Personally attacked"? Please.

Dude, you need to stop digging your own hole. You come off terrible in how talking to other people in that thread, you're coming off terribly here, and the 180 turn you did on your opinion to righteously vilify that which you did not seem to have a problem with at the time makes you look foolish.

It sucks what you're having to deal with right now as a Suns fan, and a lot of us feel for your fanbase at the moment - just as we've felt for other fanbases in the past, and will do again in the future - but try to show some self-restraint.

OP right now...

Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,207

Post#47 » by MrBigShot » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:05 am

Hindisght is 20/20. If you have a chance to land KD with bridges as the centerpiece you go for it. They didn't do themselves any favors with the moves they made after that. Beal was one of the worst additions they could possibly make fit wise.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,247

Post#48 » by Jeffrey » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:32 am

Are you sure this man didn't help Matt Ishbia because that Beal trade smelled very similar to 2000s Knicks. Once a snake oil salesman always a snake oil salesman. Yes, I will continue to slander this man until the NBA stop hiring him because he has a nice smile.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,893

Post#49 » by giberish » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:48 am

Anticon wrote:
ghillphx wrote:
Anticon wrote:The trades involved losing a lot of assets, but I feel like there's some overrating of the Suns old core here.

Would Booker, Bridges, Cam Johnson and Ayton be a playoff threat? It's not exactly a scary group.

Smart move for the Suns would be to give it one more chance, refocus the personnel around defence, bring one of Booker or Beal off the bench, and try to acquire a proper point guard.

Not sure what assets they have but it's still a viable situation.

So, again, they went to the NBA finals, won 64 games the year after...

Their most impactful player in those years was Chris Paul, and it's irrelevant in any case to how they'd perform this year and going forward.

Look genuinely at the competition in the West right now and make a case that that team would be particularly threatening.

Paul's importance to the team should have made them realize the importance of at least having a credible NBA starting PG going forward. No matter how much talent you have if your offense is just guys taking turns isoing there's a limit as to how good your offense is going to be.
WhatsaTDot
RealGM
And1: 6,346

Post#50 » by WhatsaTDot » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:50 am

Came for the headline; stayed for the plot twist on page 1.

This place is insufferable.
ghillphx
Junior
And1: 422

Post#51 » by ghillphx » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:05 am

giberish wrote:
Anticon wrote:
ghillphx wrote:
So, again, they went to the NBA finals, won 64 games the year after...

Their most impactful player in those years was Chris Paul, and it's irrelevant in any case to how they'd perform this year and going forward.

Look genuinely at the competition in the West right now and make a case that that team would be particularly threatening.

Paul's importance to the team should have made them realize the importance of at least having a credible NBA starting PG going forward. No matter how much talent you have if your offense is just guys taking turns isoing there's a limit as to how good your offense is going to be.

You're right.
ghillphx
Junior

Post#52 » by ghillphx » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:06 am

BarbaGrizz wrote:
ghillphx wrote:
SerialChiller wrote:

:lol: damn!

realgm prob spent an hour looking for that to make me look bad, zero context behind it though. must have a vendetta against me.

If that was his intention he succeed.

He really didn't, nothing I wrote decredits what I said about Isbhia in any way. Go read it. Dudes just trolling.
ghillphx
Junior

Post#53 » by ghillphx » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:07 am

Doctor MJ wrote:
ghillphx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Do you think I give an inkling of a care what you think of me? Seriously? I don't. Nice try. Don't care what you think of my fanbase either
ghillphx
Junior

Post#54 » by ghillphx » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:08 am

whatisacenter wrote:
Doctor MJ wrote:
ghillphx wrote:

OP right now...

Did anybody even read what I posted on the Beal thread or do you just take his word for it like sheep?
ghillphx
Junior

Post#55 » by ghillphx » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:10 am

Ducklett wrote:
ghillphx wrote:
SerialChiller wrote:

:lol: damn!

realgm prob spent an hour looking for that to make me look bad, zero context behind it though. must have a vendetta against me.

I don't think anyone needs to make you look bad.

And what's your problem, exactly? Must be hard to join in with the rest of the guys, huh?
ghillphx
Junior

Post#56 » by ghillphx » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:11 am

Jeffrey wrote:Image

Are you sure this man didn't help Matt Ishbia because that Beal trade smelled very similar to 2000s Knicks. Once a snake oil salesman always a snake oil salesman. Yes, I will continue to slander this man until the NBA stop hiring him because he has a nice smile.

100%
ghillphx
Junior

Post#57 » by ghillphx » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:12 am

VanWest82 wrote:OPer's posting history aside, this is potentially one of the bleaker situations in recent memory. KD is turning 36 and isn't the player he was even two years ago (post achilles). Beal is clearly on the downside and still owed like 160M. They're going to lose some guys or pay out the nose. They're in the 2nd apron so they can't add guys. They have no picks for the better part of a decade.

I think the freakout is justified.

Thanks. Also, not sure why people are overreacting about my defending getting rid of CP3 when every postseason, he got injured. Guess we've got alot of bullies in here. I talk **** on an owner who did some horrible moves, I get blamed for what? For trying to support moving cp3? He'd already fk'd the team.
ghillphx
Junior

Post#58 » by ghillphx » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:14 am

TorontoBarneys wrote:Here's hoping this ends the era of superteams for good.

No, that'll never end, unfortunately. Or Isbhia would have learned from those before him.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 16,511

Post#59 » by Mk0 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:21 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:And you're lucky Ted Stepien came 30 and 40 years before them or all the 1st rounders would be gone. Although the swaps do still suck, NBA should probably close that loophole.

It is funny that there was talks on some podcasts about how that rule isn't needed anymore because front offices are so smart now. You can almost never fleece a team like that anymore. The only example was new owners wanting to make a splash. That is your window, Ballmer, Vivek, etc..

Then like a year or two later Ishbia proves that the Stepian rule is more important then ever.

The hilarious thing about wealthy people is they think they made their money because they are smart but a lot of them are either from wealth or stumble into incredible luck. It isn't until they talk out their ass about something you specialize in that you realize how dumb some of these people are.

In Ishbia's case he thought he was smarter than everyone because he was a bench warmer in college and with his knowledge of the game and his money he could buy a championship. Instead he bought and tanked a contender.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
IamBBAnalysis
Rookie
And1: 524

Post#60 » by IamBBAnalysis » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:35 am

Lunartic wrote:The KD trade was fine, he was the better player in the package. The Beal trade was horrendous and had he listened to me and read my realm posts he would have realized Beal was a scrub.

Should have made a move for Caruso or a decent center instead

I enjoy watching Booker fail though

No. I'm tired of this galaxy. The Durant trade was by FAR the worst of all the bad trades. Durant destroyed the good vibes, youth, and future if the team. What Durant was supposed to bring was another big shot maker who could be relied upon to dominate like a superstar. Instead, the Suns got a tall boring pile of turd blossoms. Really, the dude is just a stand still shooter who can't dribble and seems to hate being in Phoenix.

Beal was not good but mostly for the future. Paul was washed anyway.

The problem was trading for Durant.

Return to The General Board