The Nuggets are nothing special - now and going forward

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Sharkboy242
Veteran
And1: 3,911

Re: The Nuggets are nothing special - now and going forward 

Post#21 » by Sharkboy242 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:36 am

Lakers are better than their regular season record suggests. Pretty sure they'd easily be the 2nd beast team in the East, and that's giving Boston more credit than they deserve.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,784

Post#22 » by VanWest82 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:38 am

I do think Nuggets will see stiffer challenge once they face a team with more top end talent later in the playoffs.
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,442

Post#23 » by dygaction » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:39 am

Lakers would have easily won if these games were 24 min instead of 48 each.
Peregrine01
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,805

Post#24 » by Peregrine01 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:39 am

Sgt Major wrote:They play up to the level of the opponent and just slightly above.

This has to be the most frustrating thing. If Lebron sees something that works, he attacks it again and again. Jokic has a way better ace card but he’s intent on running DHOs with Reggie Jackson. Someone on the Nuggets needs to scream in his ear to be aggressive. Outside the second half of game 2, dude didn’t look like he got out of first gear.
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,706

Post#25 » by Up-And-Coming » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:39 am

People like to take shots at them to passively take shots at the Lakers. They are the champs for a reason. I don’t see anyone beating them
multo
Rookie
And1: 515

Post#26 » by multo » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:39 am

With the level of play AD and Lebron showed in this series, they would have beaten any of the other playoff teams. It may have been a gentleman's sweep but the games have been very close all throughout. This Lakers team is not your typical 7th seed..
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,840

Post#27 » by Johnny Firpo » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:41 am

One_and_Done wrote:They had a 53 win season and won a title in a down year, then followed it up with a 57 win season where they may not win the title. Slow down on overrating them.

Don't pretend like it's not about not liking Jokic with you though. Your post history is pretty straightforward on that.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,486

Post#28 » by PhilBlackson » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:41 am

I don’t even take the OP serious but moving forward…

It’s gonna be tough af to beat the TWolves with Ant going at a limping Murray then Jaden locking Gordon and Gobert making it tough on Jok.

I’d give the edge with a fully healthy Murray but this might be a toss up now tbh.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 6,439

Post#29 » by BigGargamel » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:48 am

Boy that Jamal Murray guy sure is terrible. Has absolutely zero track record of stepping up in the playoffs. I mean, D'Angelo Russell has been an All Star and Murray never has been. Nuggets are frauds.
Twizlers
Freshman
And1: 170

Post#30 » by Twizlers » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:48 am

Nuggets played like crap for much of this series, turned it on when they needed to but it was not the same Nuggets team as during even the regular season. I chalk it up to health. Hopefully some extra rest before the T wolves will do some good because they need it. Because at full strength, no one is beating this team.
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 8,794

Post#31 » by AleksandarN » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:50 am

ScrantonBulls wrote:Sorry for beating a dead horse and making a thread about my random thoughts, but people are still picking them as favorites. The Nuggets are barely handling the 7th seed Lakers who can't shoot 3s. I know it's 3-1, but the Lakers have lead for far more minutes during this series. Without Murray playing way above his head and like a superstar, the team isn't that special. Jokic is basically God, but it's a team game. They are going to really struggle against the better teams in the west.

I see this as a problem though forward for this team. Murray isn't THAT good, MPJ has injury concerns. I wouldn't be surprised if the Nugs don't win another championship with this roster.

Read on Twitter
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,892

Post#32 » by giberish » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:51 am

Denver is the best clutch team in the league at the moment. Other teams will have to clearly outplay them over the first 44 minutes to beat them (though this is certainly possible).
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 8,794

Post#33 » by AleksandarN » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:52 am

One_and_Done wrote:They had a 53 win season and won a title in a down year, then followed it up with a 57 win season where they may not win the title. Slow down on overrating them.

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,583

Post#34 » by THE J0KER » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:54 am

LBJ+AD is still the NBA's best duo this season, Lakers are clearly not worse than the previous season when they reached the WC final, so calling them DEAD HORSE is ignorance.

The Nuggets lost their useful 6th man from 2023, but in the 2023 playoff Porter offensively was not even 80% ready (just 54%TS% for a TS%60%+ guy), and this postseason he will deliver!
Roy T
Pro Prospect
And1: 892

Post#35 » by Roy T » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:56 am

Marvin Martian wrote:They are special. The only problem is that they are not deep. So they are pretty much a Jokic or Murray injury away from being a non playoff team

That’s the case for every team in this league. Take away the best player and it’s over.
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 18,248

Post#36 » by HotRocks34 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:00 am

Joker covered it -- less depth but upgraded Porter.

If Gordon could shoot things would be a lot freer for Jokic in the post.
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** Luka made the playoffs without Brunson
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
lessthanjake
Sixth Man
And1: 1,391

Post#37 » by lessthanjake » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:02 am

If Murray plays how he did in this series, they will not win the title. I know he hit two game-winners, but he was quite bad overall. And the Nuggets bench is very dicey. If Murray is bad, even if Jokic plays his best I don’t think it can be enough against the best teams. Even against the Lakers, it took MPJ shooting incredibly well for them to eek out games.
OhayoKD wrote:Lebron contributes more to all the phases of play than Messi does. And he is of course a defensive anchor unlike messi.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Post#38 » by Dez » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:03 am

AleksandarN wrote:
ScrantonBulls wrote:Sorry for beating a dead horse and making a thread about my random thoughts, but people are still picking them as favorites. The Nuggets are barely handling the 7th seed Lakers who can't shoot 3s. I know it's 3-1, but the Lakers have lead for far more minutes during this series. Without Murray playing way above his head and like a superstar, the team isn't that special. Jokic is basically God, but it's a team game. They are going to really struggle against the better teams in the west.

I see this as a problem though forward for this team. Murray isn't THAT good, MPJ has injury concerns. I wouldn't be surprised if the Nugs don't win another championship with this roster.

Read on Twitter

What I take from that is the Nuggets only needed to play well for 24 percent of the series to win 4-1.
Wallace_Wallace
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,200

Post#39 » by Wallace_Wallace » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:04 am

As long as they don’t have some major FT disparity to overcome, they’ll play just well enough to win.
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,788

Post#40 » by One_and_Done » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:08 am

Johnny Firpo wrote:

Don't pretend like it's not about not liking Jokic with you though. Your post history is pretty straightforward on that.

I do like Jokic. I said he was already a top 20 player. I just don't consider him a GOAT candidate type player.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.

Return to The General Board