Post Mortem 2023/24 - Los Angeles Lakers (Eliminated in 1st Round)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

4 questions...

Q1: Keep the Head of Front Office
13%
Q1: Fire the Head of Front Office
11%
Q2: Keep the coach
7%
Q2: Fire the coach
18%
Q3: Performed better than expected
5%
Q3: Performed as expected
15%
Q3: Performed worse than expected
6%
Q4: Rising Team
1%
Q4: Treadmill/Plateaued/Maintaining Team
9%
Q4: Waning Team
17%

Total votes: 330

NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 25,045

Re: Post Mortem 2023/24 - Los Angeles Lakers (Eliminated in 1st Round) 

Post#21 » by NyKnicks1714 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:31 am

Hellcrooner wrote:If lebron does care bout wining he would sign for the MINIMUM.

Name one player in NBA history as good as current LeBron who has ever signed for the minimum. The nonsense people post on here man
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,679

Post#22 » by EmpireFalls » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:33 am

NyKnicks1714 wrote:
Hellcrooner wrote:If lebron does care bout wining he would sign for the MINIMUM.

Name one player in NBA history as good as current LeBron who has ever signed for the minimum. The nonsense people post on here man

The player’s union would block that contract from happening even if he tried to sign it. I don’t think people realize from the outside that having All-NBA players sign minimum deals would completely capsize the entire salary structure of the NBA.
OldSchoolNoBull
General Manager
And1: 3,790

Post#23 » by OldSchoolNoBull » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:35 am

NyKnicks1714 wrote:They need a better coach. Plain and Simple. Feels like Reddick is coming unless he wants to build up a young team like Charlotte instead.

I know he interviewed with Charlotte, but I don't really understand why Reddick would want to take any coaching job right now. He's got such a good thing going with his (massively successful) podcast, why would he want to presumably take time away from that to coach?
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 868

Post#24 » by LaLover11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:36 am

Marvin Martian wrote:Next season will be Lebron's last. He will force the lakers to draft his son, have an amazing farewell tour and continue working on his podcast

LeBron is not retiring with the Lakers and I can guarantee that. His last year will be with the Cavs to finish off and have a true farewell tour instead of doing it at Crypto with ungrateful LeBron Fans/Haters.
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 25,045

Post#25 » by NyKnicks1714 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:37 am

EmpireFalls wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:

The player’s union would block that contract from happening even if he tried to sign it. I don’t think people realize from the outside that having All-NBA players sign minimum deals would completely capsize the entire salary structure of the NBA.

If an All-NBA player ever did that I don't think they'd try to fight it. It would be a anomaly and not a cause for concern going forward. No one's out there passing on tens of millions of dollars a year.
ballzboyee
Junior
And1: 455

Post#26 » by ballzboyee » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:39 am

Blow it up. Be happy you got one ring in the Bubble. Trade Davis for picks. Force Lebron out. This team as constructed is barely a playoff team. Davis is no spring chicken and has a high injury rate history. Lebron is ancient by NBA standards and hides a lot of deficiencies by coasting on defense. This will only get worse next year and he will insist on play 30+ minutes. This series proves Lakers role players are not playoff tier and Denver's 3 to 5 guys destroyed them on the court. The Lebron Lakers era should end tonight, but of course it will not because the NBA bends over backwards to make Lebron happy.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 13,154

Post#27 » by Chuck Everett » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:40 am

OldSchoolNoBull wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:They need a better coach. Plain and Simple. Feels like Reddick is coming unless he wants to build up a young team like Charlotte instead.

I know he interviewed with Charlotte, but I don't really understand why Reddick would want to take any coaching job right now. He's got such a good thing going with his (massively successful) podcast, why would he want to presumably take time away from that to coach?

Especially considering he lives in Brooklyn and has complained about not being around his family. I personally believe he would leave for a front office job if offered, but he uses the coaches' searches to keep his name out there. I don't hate it, but him becoming a first time NBA head coach with zero assistant coaching experience (at the NBA level) is just asking for trouble. For all the reasons people dislike Kidd or Nash as a coach, it would be the same thing.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,768

Post#28 » by nzahir » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:02 am

ballzboyee wrote:Blow it up. Be happy you got one ring in the Bubble. Trade Davis for picks. Force Lebron out. This team as constructed is barely a playoff team. Davis is no spring chicken and has a high injury rate history. Lebron is ancient by NBA standards and hides a lot of deficiencies by coasting on defense. This will only get worse next year and he will insist on play 30+ minutes. This series proves Lakers role players are not playoff tier and Denver's 3 to 5 guys destroyed them on the court. The Lebron Lakers era should end tonight, but of course it will not because the NBA bends over backwards to make Lebron happy.

Wtf does this even mean lol

This place is full of lunatics when it comes to Lebron
ballzboyee
Junior

Post#29 » by ballzboyee » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:35 am

nzahir wrote:
ballzboyee wrote:Blow it up. Be happy you got one ring in the Bubble. Trade Davis for picks. Force Lebron out. This team as constructed is barely a playoff team. Davis is no spring chicken and has a high injury rate history. Lebron is ancient by NBA standards and hides a lot of deficiencies by coasting on defense. This will only get worse next year and he will insist on play 30+ minutes. This series proves Lakers role players are not playoff tier and Denver's 3 to 5 guys destroyed them on the court. The Lebron Lakers era should end tonight, but of course it will not because the NBA bends over backwards to make Lebron happy.

Because people think rationally about these players and do not get attached to the hype or fanboyism rampant on here.

Lebron's about to be 40. What is his realistic value as a franchise player over the next average NBA 3 year contract? Lakers are going to mortgage their immediate future to give Lebron a new contract after he opts out at 60 million? It's crazy and very problematic. He's not that valuable at this stage of his career. Just objectively speaking Lebron doesn't have as much long term roster value as a guy like D'Angelo Russell. It's bending over backwards to satisfy a soon to be likely washed player who only plays on one side of the court. Sorry, truth hurts.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,768

Post#30 » by nzahir » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:39 am

ballzboyee wrote:
nzahir wrote:

Because people think rationally about these players and do not get attached to the hype or fanboyism rampant on here.

Lebron's about to be 40. What is his realistic value as a franchise player over the next average NBA 3 year contract? Lakers are going to mortgage their immediate future to give Lebron a new contract after he opts out at 60 million? It's crazy and very problematic. He's not that valuable at this stage of his career. Just objectively speaking Lebron doesn't have as much long term roster value as a guy like D'Angelo Russell. It's bending over backwards to satisfy a soon to be washed up player. Sorry, truth hurts.

Buddy this didnt even answer the question

You said the NBA bends over backwards to make Lebron happy

Name me what the NBA is going to be doing

You mean the Lakers giving him a contract? Thats on them man, that isn't the NBA illuminati lol :crazy:

Lebron sells tickets and merchandise

LMFAOOOO YOU SAYING DLO IS MORE VALUABLE THAN LEBRON SHOULD GET YOU BANNED FROM EVER DISCUSSING BASKETBALL

Honestly should get you banned here, I'm reporting that

Damn Lebron got you haters mad. He will never be washed due to his iq, skill, and physical gifts (even though they arent what they used to be).

Name me 10 guys you want over him come playoff time (include health and durability)
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#31 » by LaLover11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:47 am

OldSchoolNoBull wrote:

YouTube podcast or Coach LeBron and AD for a chance at the Championship........ C'mon man
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#32 » by LaLover11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:48 am

nzahir wrote:

Crazy people indeed
NbaAllDay
Sixth Man
And1: 1,745

Post#33 » by NbaAllDay » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:58 am

LaLover11 wrote:If LeBron wants to win he will take a 50% 2yr 50mil contract and tell Durant to join him like Draymond begged him when Cavs beat them in 2016

Durant is the missing piece to beat Denver
He will be Lakers very own Porter Jr

Reaves, Durant, LeBron,Rui, AD

If Durant can win one with LeBron I believe they could go back to back and Retire together

We all need a rematch of these team like the Warriors/Cavs battles

You already know this opens the door to the 'stacks the deck' and cheating nonsense people will use to discredit next year. Not saying I disagree but it would absolutely be clowned on because he is Lebron.
ballzboyee
Junior

Post#34 » by ballzboyee » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:00 am

nzahir wrote:
ballzboyee wrote:
nzahir wrote:Wtf does this even mean lol

Lebron's about to be 40. What is his realistic value as a franchise player over the next average NBA 3 year contract? Lakers are going to mortgage their immediate future to give Lebron a new contract after he opts out at 60 million? It's crazy and very problematic. He's not that valuable at this stage of his career. Just objectively speaking Lebron doesn't have as much long term roster value as a guy like D'Angelo Russell. It's bending over backwards to satisfy a soon to be washed up player. Sorry, truth hurts.

You mean the Lakers giving him a contract? Thats on them man, that isn't the NBA illuminati lol :crazy:

LMFAOOOO YOU SAYING DLO IS MORE VALUABLE THAN LEBRON SHOULD GET YOU BANNED FROM EVER DISCUSSING BASKETBALL

Damn Lebron got you haters mad. He will never be washed due to his iq, skill, and physical gifts (even though they arent what they used to be).

Name me 10 guys you want over him come playoff time (include health and durability)

"I'm reporting that." :lol: Dude, Lebron fans are a cult. :crazy:

Lebron is almost old enough to be DLO's dad, bro. In all honesty, when I say long term roster value, I mean one of these two is probably still in the NBA while the other is probably going to be retired very soon. And we're assuming that Lebron's play is going to continue to decline. Historically, look at the minutes on his legs. He's already unprecedented territory in terms of his production relative to his career minutes. The wheels could literally come off at any moment. We have seen it before where these players go from productive to borderline not being a starter on a bad roster. It's not an exaggeration any young bona fide starter at PG has more value than a 40-year-old soon to be over-the-hill player.

Do you understand what a franchise is? Sorta like all McDonalds are under the same corporate umbrella. The Lakers are the NBA and the NBA is the Lakers. Most fans don't understand that at the end of the day these franchises are not truly independent entities operating in a vacuum. It makes zero sense for the Lakers to mortgage their future to 40-year-old, or for the league to humor Lebron's ridiculous wish to moonlight playing on any NBA franchise with his son who is probably not good enough to play in China. So they are going to give this AARP member a multi-year new deal at 40 for 50 million dollars? Explain to me why any team would do that unless just for Lebron James celebrity. From a front office perspective it doesn't make sense unless they bring him back for a 1-year deal or something conditional. He's not that valuable. That's all I am saying. It makes no sense for teams to sign him just so he can play his son. So an NBA team is going to give up two roster spots for two people who have not long term future in the NBA? It's dumb. It makes the league look like the WWE or somethinng like when the Rock came back from making movies in his revenge tour. I mean, what are we doing here? Lebron has a legacy NBA roster spot and he gets to bring his family with him. :lol:
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#35 » by LaLover11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:03 am

NbaAllDay wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:If LeBron wants to win he will take a 50% 2yr 50mil contract and tell Durant to join him like Draymond begged him when Cavs beat them in 2016

Durant is the missing piece to beat Denver
He will be Lakers very own Porter Jr

Reaves, Durant, LeBron,Rui, AD

If Durant can win one with LeBron I believe they could go back to back and Retire together

We all need a rematch of these team like the Warriors/Cavs battles

You already know this opens the door to the 'stacks the deck' and cheating nonsense people will use to discredit next year. Not saying I disagree but it would absolutely be clowned on because he is Lebron.

Who cares what the Haters think and just win Baby!!
This would be a great final core to win and give Durant that shot at redemption to takeover playoff games

I'm excited and can't wait for those salty tears next season if this truly happens :)
doogie_hauser
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,347

Post#36 » by doogie_hauser » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:03 am

Fire Pelinka first and foremost (hiring Ham and recent dubious trades and F/S signings is all on him)

Let Dlo go (either as part of a sign and trade or more likely as a free agent, once again his playoffs failures was costly)

Trade Rui, Reaves, Vincent, future picks and other pieces for a Trae Young type

Recruit some perimeter/mid range defenders via free agency

GET A DECENT AND CAPABLE BACK UP BIG MAN FOR AD (this probably should be close to the top of the Laker's off season agenda)
Hartenstein from The Knicks is exactly whom The Lakers should target. And havinf an impact in this year's playoffs.

I am assuming Lebron is coming back.
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,243

Post#37 » by DonaldSanders » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:10 am

I think they should blow it up, LeBron and AD were healthy and lost in the 1st round in 5 games. I doubt they will though. It's unlikely AD and a 40 yr old LeBron stay as healthy next year, so it's possible they run it back and don't even make the postseason.

Ad is worth a lot, Lakers are a FA destination. Start over with some decent assets.
The High Cyde
Head Coach
And1: 12,623

Post#38 » by The High Cyde » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:21 am

ballzboyee wrote:
nzahir wrote:
ballzboyee wrote:

Lebron is almost old enough to be DLO's dad, bro. In all honesty, when I say long term roster value, I mean one of these two is probably still in the NBA while the other is probably going to be retired very soon. And we're assuming that Lebron's play is going to continue to decline. Historically, look at the minutes on his legs. He's already unprecedented territory in terms of his production relative to his career minutes. The wheels could literally come off at any moment. We have seen it before where these players go from productive to borderline not being a starter on a bad roster. It's not an exaggeration any young bona fide starter at PG has more value than a 40-year-old soon to be over-the-hill player.

Do you understand what a franchise is? Sorta like all McDonalds are under the same corporate umbrella. The Lakers are the NBA and the NBA is the Lakers. Most fans don't understand that at the end of the day these franchises are not truly independent entities operating in a vacuum. It makes zero sense for the Lakers to mortgage their future to 40-year-old, or for the league to humor Lebron's ridiculous wish to moonlight playing on any NBA franchise with his son who is probably not good enough to play in China. So they are going to give this AARP member a multi-year new deal at 40 for 50 million dollars? Explain to me why any team would do that unless just for Lebron James celebrity. From a front office perspective it doesn't make sense unless they bring him back for a 1-year deal or something conditional. He's not that valuable. That's all I am saying. It makes no sense for teams to sign him just so he can play his son. So an NBA team is going to give up two roster spots for two people who have not long term future in the NBA? It's dumb. It makes the league look like the WWE or somethinng like when the Rock came back from making movies in his revenge tour. I mean, what are we doing here? Lebron has a legacy NBA roster spot and he gets to bring his family with him. :lol:

LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#39 » by LaLover11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:31 am

The High Cyde wrote:
ballzboyee wrote:
nzahir wrote:Buddy this didnt even answer the question

Lmao I can't stop laughing at this guy omg lol
ballzboyee
Junior

Post#40 » by ballzboyee » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:48 am

Lakers fans are delusional as usual with their childish memes. I get it... tough out against Denver and emotions are high. Don't worry guys, next year Bronny is coming in to save the day. I am sure he as a rookie will be an upgrade over the Lakers whipping boy and scapegoat DLO (actually, he is easily their third best player so I am joking). If the Lakers are serious about improving, they will exploit the fact that Reaves is way overrated and try to turn that him into a decent trade before he gets exposed.

Return to The General Board