Sounds like LeBron might not be a Laker next year

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

LakerLegend
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Sounds like LeBron might not be a Laker next year 

Post#1 » by LakerLegend » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:53 am

GameOver25
RealGM
And1: 5,810

Re: Sounds like LeBron might not be a Laker next year 

Post#2 » by GameOver25 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:56 am

His whole Lakers era was forced and manufactured anyways. He thought he was getting a statue.
:lol:
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,194

Post#3 » by Lalouie » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:56 am

he CAN'T answer because he doesn't know where bronny will go

i stand by playing euro with bronny as the way to go. he will be an ambassador of the nba, something even mj never did.

maybe ambassador of good will,,,,kinda like what shirley temple did when she grow'd up
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 868

Post#4 » by LaLover11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:00 am

GameOver25 wrote:His whole Lakers era was forced and manufactured anyways. He thought he was getting a statue.

He went there for his kids to attend California schools and enjoy the beautiful weather/Money opportunities in Films/Sponsorships.

Do you not remember the Ingram/Lonzo/Kuzma Lakers that we're the worst team in the NBA that missed the playoffs 6 season in a row?
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,771

Post#5 » by infinite11285 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:02 am

It's the typical FA response in which LeBron retains his leverage. He won't announce his decision until he sees what kind of moves the FO makes during the offseason.

BLUFF: His family and interests are in LA, and they can offer him the most money. There's a slim chance he leaves to start over with a different franchise.
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,685

Post#6 » by EmpireFalls » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:09 am

I didn’t get that from the quote at all. He just didn’t want to answer the reporter’s bait.

Here’s what will happen: he’ll push behind the scenes for some reinforcements on the roster, see what happens with free agents, and then re-sign on a no-fuss 2 year deal with LA.

I cannot picture this guy actually picking up and leaving everything to move cross country, and I think the Lakers are confident in that too. Possibly Bronny will be picked up on a two-way as a bargaining chip.
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#7 » by LaLover11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:33 am

EmpireFalls wrote:I didn’t get that from the quote at all. He just didn’t want to answer the reporter’s bait.

Here’s what will happen: he’ll push behind the scenes for some reinforcements on the roster, see what happens with free agents, and then re-sign on a no-fuss 2 year deal with LA.

I cannot picture this guy actually picking up and leaving everything to move cross country, and I think the Lakers are confident in that too. Possibly Bronny will be picked up on a two-way as a bargaining chip.

Just got confirmed Lakers will Draft Bronny if nobody takes him before they have their pick.
Trey24
Sixth Man
And1: 2,087

Post#8 » by Trey24 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:36 am

EmpireFalls wrote:I didn’t get that from the quote at all. He just didn’t want to answer the reporter’s bait.

The rest of the press conference he kept saying, I haven't thought about this recently or I haven't thought much about that. He could have very easily said that again and instead he said these words. Lebron runs and hides when he faces adversity in the NBA. I can very much see him trying to go back east, or trying to force his way to the Clippers.
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#9 » by LaLover11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:49 am

Lakers just said they will draft Bronny with the 17th pick next season to make LeBron's dream come true.

He's staying a Laker

/Thread :)
FarBeyondDriven
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,063

Post#10 » by FarBeyondDriven » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:49 am

LaLover11 wrote:
GameOver25 wrote:His whole Lakers era was forced and manufactured anyways. He thought he was getting a statue.

He went there for his kids to attend California schools and enjoy the beautiful weather/Money opportunities in Films/Sponsorships.

Do you not remember the Ingram/Lonzo/Kuzma Lakers that we're the worst team in the NBA that missed the playoffs 6 season in a row?

they were 19-21 y/o kids entering their 2nd and 3rd seasons in the NBA when Lebron arrived that needed to develop. Had he just come to play basketball and not been the G.M. those kids might have developed into a championship caliber core alongside Lebron. Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Caruso, KCP, Zubac is quite a bit of young talent. Surely a player of Lebron's supposed leadership and talent could have helped mold them right?
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#11 » by LaLover11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:52 am

FarBeyondDriven wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

they were 19-21 y/o kids entering their 2nd and 3rd seasons in the NBA when Lebron arrived that needed to develop. Had he just come to play basketball and not been the G.M. those kids might have developed into a championship caliber core alongside Lebron. Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Caruso, KCP, Zubac is quite a bit of young talent. Surely a player of Lebron's supposed leadership and talent could have helped mold them right?

Yeah you're right they should've just kept those player over getting a Prime AD lol
doogie_hauser
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,354

Post#12 » by doogie_hauser » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:56 am

LaLover11 wrote:Lakers just said they will draft Bronny with the 17th pick next season to make LeBron's dream come true.

He's staying a Laker

You would think the Lakers would trade that pick to try upgrade that roster/get a legit 3rd option.

Using their first pick on Bronny would be the most foolish/irresponsible thing The Lakers could do.
Biff
Veteran
And1: 1,313

Post#13 » by Biff » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:58 am

People being a bit slanderous with Mobley. His efficiency has increased every year, his TRB% has, his AST% has, most of his advanced stats look better. If you swapped Mobley and Holmgren, I don't think there'd be much of a difference for the respective teams. Maybe Chet is better but people acting like it's not close are being a little ridiculous.
"Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!" - Kevin Durant
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#14 » by LaLover11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:00 am

doogie_hauser wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:Lakers just said they will draft Bronny with the 17th pick next season to make LeBron's dream come true.

He's staying a Laker

You would think the Lakers would trade that pick to try upgrade that roster/get a legit 3rd option.

Using their first pick on Bronny would be the most foolish/irresponsible thing The Lakers could do.

Just because you don't want it to happen doesn't mean it's true. This draft is the weakest draft in a long time

Pick Bronny and keep LeBron and run it back or draft/trade that pick and let him leave because of your imaginary savior from this 2024 draft/trade for that pick is ridiculous
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,468

Post#15 » by durden_tyler » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:08 am

i hope he stays. Guarantees an easy opponent in the first round of the playoffs. Gurantees that he won't win another ring.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 752

Post#16 » by Charlesareed » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:13 am

LaLover11 wrote:
FarBeyondDriven wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

Yeah you're right they should've just kept those player over getting a Prime AD lol

They could’ve waited 2 years to get him tho and still had those young kids who would have been primed for a couple rings not just a bubble gum championship
Chicago Raised me
doogie_hauser
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,354

Post#17 » by doogie_hauser » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:14 am

LaLover11 wrote:
doogie_hauser wrote:

He's staying a Laker

Just because you don't want it to happen doesn't mean it's true. This draft is the weakest draft in a long time

Pick Bronny and keep LeBron and run it back or draft/trade that pick and let him leave because of your imaginary savior from this 2024 draft/trade for that pick is ridiculous

Lebron coming back shouldn't be conditional on whether they draft Bronny.

Lakers could have had Jamie Jaquez Junior, Brandin Podziemski or Cam Whitmore in last year's draft but went for Pelinka's sentimental 'pick'

If the Lakers want to make a trade for a big name this off season, your 2024 pick has to be part of any trade deal, given your not exactly got an abundance of assets to barter with anyway
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#18 » by LaLover11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:18 am

doogie_hauser wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
doogie_hauser wrote:

Lakers could have had Jamie Jaquez Junior, Brandin Podziemski or Cam Whitmore in last year's draft but went for Pelinka's sentimental 'pick'

If the Lakers want to make a trade for a big name this off season, your 2024 pick has to be part of any trade deal, given your not exactly got an abundance of assets to barter with anyway

What are you talking about?

They have Reaves a great player with a friendly contract
DLo can Sign and Trade and get traded to the Nets for pieces or combined with Reaves for Durant.

I'm sorry Lakers haters but LeBron is staying and playing with his son and trading those players I mentioned for a true 3rd star for a final 2 yr run

P.S Pelinka and Ham are getting fired
ballzboyee
Junior
And1: 455

Post#19 » by ballzboyee » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:37 am

LaLover11 wrote:
doogie_hauser wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

DLo can Sign and Trade and get traded to the Nets for pieces or combined with Reaves for Durant.

I'm sorry Lakers haters but LeBron is staying and playing with his son and trading those players I mentioned for a true 3rd star for a final 2 yr run

They would have to move Reaves to make a decent move or get rid of their entire bench. Lakers are way over the salary cap.
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#20 » by LaLover11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:40 am

ballzboyee wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
doogie_hauser wrote:

They would have to move Reaves to make a decent move or get rid of their entire bench. Lakers are way over the salary cap.

Reaves, DLo, Gabe, Vando for Durant

Big 3 aka Superteam like some of you like to call it lol
LeBron is playing Point Guard next season

Return to The General Board