Does Jokić lack the killer instinct needed to win a title?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Ambrose
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,523

Re: Does Jokić lack the killer instinct needed to win a title? 

Post#21 » by Ambrose » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:22 pm

Bait

/lock
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,684

Post#22 » by EmpireFalls » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

Quattro wrote:Nuggets have an asterisk too huh? Wonder what the last "legit" title was?

Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,937

Post#23 » by Mavrelous » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

EmpireFalls wrote:But that title has an asterisk as we all know.

We do? Pray tell...
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
sp6r=underrated
RealGM
And1: 9,067

Post#24 » by sp6r=underrated » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:30 pm

EmpireFalls wrote:
jowglenn wrote:Given the fact that he has already won a title, I would reckon that he does not lack the killer instinct needed to win a title

But that title has an asterisk as we all know.

Whenever a superstar yields to his teammate to take the big shot, his lack of Killer Instinct places an asterisk on the title, as seen in years like 2013 and 2016. And it’s not looking good for him this year either on the Killer Instinct front if they repeat. Superstars can’t let their teammates take and make big shots, that shows a lack of Killer Instinct.

Lebron haters are annoying but these passive aggressive threads are even more so. If you want to make a thread saying Lebron was under appreciated in the teens do so. If you want to argue the Jordanistas are living in the past do so. But do so direct instead of wasting time with passive aggressive threads.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,580

Post#25 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:32 pm

Questions from April 2023
dantas
Sophomore
And1: 143

Post#26 » by dantas » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:36 pm

You're right

Jokic doesn't (yet) have a killer instinct. We shouldn't go easy on him just because he's winning.

No killer instinct + average defense are Jokic's main weaknesses.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,290

Post#27 » by Impuniti » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:36 pm

EmpireFalls wrote:
jowglenn wrote:Given the fact that he has already won a title, I would reckon that he does not lack the killer instinct needed to win a title

Whenever a superstar yields to his teammate to take the big shot, his lack of Killer Instinct places an asterisk on the title, as seen in years like 2013 and 2016. And it’s not looking good for him this year either on the Killer Instinct front if they repeat. Superstars can’t let their teammates take and make big shots, that shows a lack of Killer Instinct.

Dang, I wonder what the Nuggets are thinking about that championship now that a poster on realgm thinks it lacks the killer instinct. If only they could go back in time and not celebrate the title. While they're at it, throw away the rings as well as remove the banner to add an asterisk to the year before putting it back up.
sp6r=underrated
RealGM
And1: 9,067

Post#28 » by sp6r=underrated » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:38 pm

EmpireFalls wrote:
Quattro wrote:Nuggets have an asterisk too huh? Wonder what the last "legit" title was?

I find Jordan fans annoying too but if you want to argue Lebron is better than Jordan you can bump up one of the thousands of other threads on the subject. I actually agree with you strongly that his career was better but Lebron Fans vs MJ Fans is an Iraq-Iran War situation.
Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,816

Post#29 » by Swish1906 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:39 pm

Lmao

Joker always looks for the best shot, not his shot. Kobe the killer always took the shots and people just remember the few he hit and not all the bricks
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 8,071

Post#30 » by NZB2323 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:42 pm

Where if the gif of Jokic hitting the game winner over AD from last year?
zero rings
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,536

Post#31 » by zero rings » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:43 pm

You don’t win championships with “killer instinct.” You win with consistent high level play, which Jokic is the best at.

Put Jamal Murray on the Pistons and we’re not talking about his “killer instinct” on a 20 win team.
TinmanZBoy
General Manager
And1: 4,836

Post#32 » by TinmanZBoy » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:43 pm

This thread should be made a few years ago, not now
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
Drakeem
Sixth Man
And1: 2,063

Post#33 » by Drakeem » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:44 pm

I thought this was a bump from before the ring last year. OP should be embarrassed.
balleramil wrote:My Summer by Jarrett Jack

The one thing you don't know about our team is...
At practice we play freeze tag
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,962

Post#34 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:46 pm

EmpireFalls wrote:

All *'s are stupid.

Some of you are so convinced Mike is the only archetype. And even Mike passed (correctly) to win multiple titles. Stop trying to force silly narratives.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Infinite Llamas
General Manager
And1: 21,717

Post#35 » by Infinite Llamas » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:46 pm

Jokic has more game winners in his career than Murray
Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
The Explorer
RealGM
And1: 2,911

Post#36 » by The Explorer » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:53 pm

EmpireFalls wrote:

False equivalence. Jokic isn't going around calling himself the GOAT and he doesn't have media shills constantly speaking on his behalf.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,639

Post#37 » by ChipotleWest » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:03 pm

They don't get an *, but they did beat two 8 seeds one 7 seed and a 4 seed. That's the lowest seeding in NBA history on the way to a championship. Then they just beat the same Lakers again. I don't care what anyone else thinks but this is just my opinion, their real journey is about to start against Minnesota. If they beat Minnesota then OKC/LAC/Dallas then Boston, they are the team of this generation and they'll probably be a dynasty. But they haven't been tested like they're about to be tested yet.
Wallace_Wallace
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,230

Post#38 » by Wallace_Wallace » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:08 pm

You have the phrase “Killer Instinct” in bold and your OP had an interesting syntax error “Killer Instinct TM”. Did you write this with Copilot via Bing? It emphasizes a phrase/word by making it bold.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,159

Post#39 » by UcanUwill » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:11 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:Same **** people used to say about Lebron.

Both guys make the best play, nearly all the time. But Kobe conditioned some of you guys to take a bad shot as the mark of a real winner.

I have made very similar comment also mentioning Lebron, how to some, making great reads was a "weakness". But I have figured I was ptobsbly trolled so I deleted it. Doesn't take away that people croticizing Lebron for passing to wide open teammate, were actually serious...
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,133

Post#40 » by The-Power » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:11 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:They don't get an *, but they did beat two 8 seeds one 7 seed and a 4 seed. That's the lowest seeding in NBA history on the way to a championship.

How did those lower seeds made it so far into the postseason? Perhaps by beating the higher ranked seeds before advancing?

Return to The General Board