Darvin Hams future as a Lakers head coach is in serious peril.

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 812

Re: Darvin Hams future as a Lakers head coach is in serious peril. 

Post#101 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 1:52 am

zeebneeb wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:No doubt. I mean with that roster, they totally should have beaten the defending champs.

Inexcusable from Ham.

Found Ham's realgm account lol

Bro why didn't you play Max Christie any minutes?
You also could've gave some minutes to Reddish in 2 minute spurts, I know you love D Lo but he could've came off the bench vs Nuggets bench warmers
Love it. Keep throwing Ham under the bus.

It sounds like you expected this Lakers team, to beat the Nuggets?

Stay true. Purple and Gold for life yo.

Pack your Bags Ham Sandwich
You're getting traded for Doc Rivers
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,412

Post#102 » by Black Jack » Fri May 3, 2024 3:09 am

jigga_man wrote:
Black Jack wrote:Ham did a good job if you ask me. He didn't make Rui etc. miss shots.

Rui shot almost 40% from three. The only player on the Nuggets that shot better was MPJ.

Lebron and AD are surrounded by one way players. Reaves and Russel played decent defense in the series but unless Reaves has the ball in his hands or Russel shoots well, they're not providing much value. If Rui was a good defensive player/rebounder he would probably be close to a max player or at the very least making 30-40M per year.

The Lakers played a better and more well rounded team.

Every time the Lakers really needed a bucket it seemed like Rui crapped out. But anyway that was maybe a bad example?

I just thought the Lakers had inferior role players. Also the Nuggets big 2 are in prime / better. But I would like to see these 4 star players in a series with equal role players. The Nuggets other guys like AG, MPJ, KCP are flat out better.
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf
kingr
Head Coach
And1: 2,732

Post#103 » by kingr » Fri May 3, 2024 3:50 am

Honestly, I don't know if Ham actually sucks / if he's a terrible coach. I thought he coached a great series against Denver. He had his team ready to play every single night... They just couldn't pull through in the clutch. I think his game plans were good/schemes were good as well.
kacey ring
Sixth Man
And1: 862

Post#104 » by kacey ring » Fri May 3, 2024 9:52 am

If this means Phil Handy to the Mavs as an assistant then I’m here for it.
DLoMor
Junior
And1: 642

Post#105 » by DLoMor » Fri May 3, 2024 8:27 pm

And he got fired today.
reddyplayerone
Junior
And1: 358

Post#106 » by reddyplayerone » Fri May 3, 2024 8:32 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
Oh no you're right he was great with adjustments, rotations and timeouts/challenges

You're totally right
No doubt. I mean with that roster, they totally should have beaten the defending champs.

Inexcusable from Ham.

You also could've gave some minutes to Reddish in 2 minute spurts, I know you love D Lo but he could've came off the bench vs Nuggets bench warmers

LMAO

Yeah the Lakers were Max Christie away from beating the defending champions that's it
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 812

Post#107 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 9:02 pm

reddyplayerone wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:No doubt. I mean with that roster, they totally should have beaten the defending champs.

Inexcusable from Ham.

LMAO

Yeah the Lakers were Max Christie away from beating the defending champions that's it

You do realize the Lakers dominated the whole series until 5 minutes of the 4th quarter each game?

Starters we're exhausted and that's why Nuggets always came back. It's called trusting your most athletic young guard that's a great defender and has proven to have a reliable jumper... Yet ham played DLo 40 mins a game and let him take all the shots he wanted smh he's not curry dummy Ham Sandwich

I'm so glad he left and they can hire a coach that's good at rotations, timeouts and connect with the players.

I'm thinking it will Be Bud and JJ as the assistant offensive coach/phil handy.

They also need to fire Pelinka now and hire Myers
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
reddyplayerone
Junior
And1: 358

Post#108 » by reddyplayerone » Fri May 3, 2024 9:13 pm

LaLover11 wrote:You do realize the Lakers dominated the whole series until 5 minutes of the 4th quarter each game?

Last I checked basketball games are 48 minutes long.

If the Lakers had actually dominated the Nuggets then Denver wouldn't have been able to come back in every game after 43 minutes because the leads would have been too big.

LaLover11 wrote:Starters we're exhausted and that's why Nuggets always came back. It's called trusting your most athletic young guard that's a great defender and has proven to have a reliable jumper... Yet ham played DLo 40 mins a game and let him take all the shots he wanted smh he's not curry dummy Ham Sandwich

Max averaged 4pts a game this year on 35% from 3, and this is his second year.

Like sure the Lakers definitely lacked depth this year that would have helped them, but pointing to Max only illustrates that problem. It's not a solution.

And we all know that if Ham had played Max the outcome of this series would have been the same and you'd still be here calling him dummy Ham Sandwich for playing Max so much. Fans made up their mind about the guy and that's that.

LaLover11 wrote:I'm so glad he left and they can hire a coach that's good at rotations, timeouts and connect with the players.

Yeah yeah we hear this literally about every coach that gets fired.

Personally I can't wait to hear it about the new guy come Christmastime that'll be real fun for me (no it won't this **** is exhausting).

Return to The General Board