Shouldn't be any fans at court side on the bench side

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,203

Shouldn't be any fans at court side on the bench side 

Post#1 » by Laimbeer » Wed May 1, 2024 1:16 am

And let's limit the number of assistants on the bench to two or maybe three for each team. I'd rather the bench players not be pushed so far down. It was fun to see their reactions and interactions. Do we really need a dozen more court side seats in such an intrusive place?
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,242

Re: Shouldn't be any fans at court side on the bench side 

Post#2 » by Iwasawitness » Wed May 1, 2024 1:18 am

I was expecting to at least see an explanation for why there shouldn’t be any fans.

Oh, that was your explanation?

Okay.

No.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,928

Post#3 » by RookieStar » Wed May 1, 2024 1:19 am

Good luck getting any NBA owner to forego that extra profit$$$$

I mean one of those seats alone can probably buy you a brand new car.
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 11,888

Post#4 » by Nate505 » Wed May 1, 2024 1:23 am

Let's go back to the virtual fans!

That was great, wasn't it?
ScrantonBulls
Senior
And1: 1,017

Post#5 » by ScrantonBulls » Wed May 1, 2024 3:01 am

I'm old enough to remember when a fan sitting courtside at a Lakers game tripped Shaq and injured his knee.
HayKee
Senior
And1: 962

Post#6 » by HayKee » Wed May 1, 2024 3:03 am

ScrantonBulls wrote:I'm old enough to remember when a fan sitting courtside at a Lakers game tripped Shaq and injured his knee.

flranger
Senior
And1: 835

Post#7 » by flranger » Wed May 1, 2024 3:14 am

I'm against this solely in support of Radmilla Lolly
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,928

Post#8 » by RookieStar » Wed May 1, 2024 4:00 am

Incidentally, how much are those seats Jack Nicholson used to sit in?
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,325

Post#9 » by SNPA » Wed May 1, 2024 4:04 am

Will say again, pregnant women and small children -along with people who are at greater physical risk than the general public- should not be allowed court side.

Wait until Giannis hits a baby in the head full on with his knee (by accident obviously). How does Silver handle that?
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 25,048

Post#10 » by NyKnicks1714 » Wed May 1, 2024 4:04 am

There should be one bench for both teams and players have to alternate their seating. Teammates not allowed to sit next to each other.
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,325

Post#11 » by SNPA » Wed May 1, 2024 4:18 am

SNPA wrote:Will say again, pregnant women and small children -along with people who are at greater physical risk than the general public- should not be allowed court side.

Wait until Giannis hits a baby in the head full on with his knee (by accident obviously). How does Silver handle that?

Let’s play this out…

Baby takes a knee to the dome. Baby is now in a coma in the ICU.

Imagine the hour by hour coverage? The mom on TV, her lawyer too. Doctors giving updates.

It’s a worst case scenario for the NBA and even worse for a small baby. Horrible and awful all around. This, or something similar, will happen.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,159

Post#12 » by UcanUwill » Wed May 1, 2024 12:00 pm

Most international arenas do not really have courtside seats, it is usually far more back, it is not really court seats anymore. I watched few local ganes from courtside technically, it is way closer than most Euroleague arenas, but it is behind that commercial stand banner thing or how is it called. You can still reach the ball or players if you really want to if they out of bounds, but it is impossible to trip them or do something similar.

I love NBA courtseats, beceuse astetically court and game looks better, plus I love idea of court side seats. But I agree that from safety or any other aspect minus the fun and money, it is not very good idea.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,159

Post#13 » by UcanUwill » Wed May 1, 2024 12:11 pm

SNPA wrote:
SNPA wrote:Will say again, pregnant women and small children -along with people who are at greater physical risk than the general public- should not be allowed court side.

Let’s play this out…

Baby takes a knee to the dome. Baby is now in a coma in the ICU.

Imagine the hour by hour coverage? The mom on TV, her lawyer too. Doctors giving updates.

It’s a worst case scenario for the NBA and even worse for a small baby. Horrible and awful all around. This, or something similar, will happen.

Ryen and Bill recently talked about this. I agree that certain people should not sit there or maybe not be at arena in the first place. Like we had those fans with like 9 month old last week. I am generally against restrictions and not sure we can really enforce sonething like that, I mean we could... But really, people should have a sense to do some things and not others, but sometimes some people really need to be regulated sadly.

I have never been a pregnant woman obviously, I have no idea how it's like, in my head, I would be scared snd paranoid of everything probably. In theory, hits of bad crowd control could happen anywhere, elevator or in a store, so maybe courtside is not that much different? But no, most places do not have big fast athletes running around few meters from you playing a compettive sport worth millions. You should just not take any chances and just try to be safe. I would support Regulations you speak off.

I think this is like any other aspect, safety rules will be placed hard only after something tragic actually happens.

Return to The General Board