Who dominated who more? Bird vs MJ, or Jokic vs LeBron?

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who Dominated Who More?

Bird owned MJ
40%
Jokic owned LeBron
60%

Total votes: 91

lessthanjake
Sixth Man
And1: 1,386

Re: Who dominated who more? Bird vs MJ, or Jokic vs LeBron? 

Post#61 » by lessthanjake » Thu May 2, 2024 5:16 am

jerok wrote:
lessthanjake wrote:
jerok wrote:
I won't get into MJs accolades as we all know what they are, part of the reason are those but..
He is GOAT for me simply because I grew up watching him, memories like my dad consoling or laughing at me when the bulls would lose a game. Playing basketball tried to emulate everything MJ did.
Taking my MJ wings poster from my room when I was young now in my workshop in my garage.
My kids rocking Js now they are starting fundamentals at their current young age. Those kinds of things.

My views closely align to what A.I's views. He thinks LeBron is best overall basketball player we'll ever see.... But MJ for him was everything cause he gave him the vision, and made him want to play basketball..

But I'm also a realist, eventually in time, the game evolves, players get better, someone will be more complete than LeBron and will challenge for GOAT status. But that doesn't change who you feel your GOAT is, but it also shouldn't clout your views that your GOAT was perfect in everyway, because none of them are.

I love going at delusional MJ fans (or 80s and 90s fans) who thinks he was perfect or the game will never be better than those times. When someone brings out facts about MJs faults, they get in their feelings, like they are in denial and its blasphemy someone's even bring it up. Are you one of those?

This doesn’t really seem like much of an explanation to me. It’s basically just “I grew up watching him and had a poster of him,” followed by saying LeBron is the “best overall basketball player.” I don’t think the substance of what you said matches what you say you believe. Please explain in detail what actual objective things cause you to believe Jordan is the GOAT. I’m not asking for personal subjective things about your own life that don’t actually directly bear on Jordan’s greatness in any objective way. I want you to tell me why you believe that Michael Jordan was objectively greater than LeBron James (and everyone else).

I guess you just can't comprehend, like that chipotle guy.
This just tells us you didn't have the privilege to grow up watching MJ and what he meant to a lot of people.
Sorry to hear that.

No, I absolutely did watch MJ—in fact, I lived in Chicago at the time, so I watched like every game. I am asking you to tell me why you believe that Michael Jordan was objectively greater than LeBron James (and everyone else). And I’m not understanding why you are seemingly unwilling to do that, when you have repeatedly said in this thread that you believe Jordan is the GOAT. If you believe that Jordan is the GOAT, then there must be objective reasons that make you think that, and I’m simply asking you what those objective reasons are. This shouldn’t be difficult, nor should it be a trap. Alternatively, if you are unable or unwilling to set forth any objective reasons why Jordan is the GOAT, then is it *actually* something you really believe?
OhayoKD wrote:Lebron contributes more to all the phases of play than Messi does. And he is of course a defensive anchor unlike messi.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 8,032

Post#62 » by NZB2323 » Thu May 2, 2024 5:31 am

Jordan scored 63 points against Larry Bird and Bird said, “That wasn’t Michael Jordan; that was God disguised as Michael Jordan.”
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,187

Post#63 » by Iwasawitness » Thu May 2, 2024 12:50 pm

SweaterBae wrote:
Patches Perry wrote:Obviously this comparison is absurd and only serves the purpose of holding Jordan to the same standard that Jordan supporters try to hold LeBron to. I can appreciate the tactic and the squirming that it creates.

Still, basketball is a team game, and I'd say young Jordan was better than old LeBron.

And a **** ton better than young Lebron as well.

His rookie season he played 82 RS games and averaged 28/6/6/2.4 steals at awesome efficiency.

His 3rd season in the league he scored 37 a game. JFC you history re-writing LBJ whores.

It's not squirming, it's educating dumbass stans on reality.

AND he might be the best defender at his position of all time. FFS!

LeBron was a lot younger when he first came into the league. By the time he reached Jordan’s age when he first entered, LeBron averaged 31 PPG. Nice try though.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
Hair Jordan
Sophomore
And1: 477

Post#64 » by Hair Jordan » Thu May 2, 2024 12:55 pm

SweaterBae wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:I've had debates with you before and you are lying right now, MJ is not your GOAT. You know that, and I know that so just drop the act.

Nobody who has MJ as the GOAT obsesses about his 80's losses. He didn't get Scottie until 88 and he was a rookie averaging 8 ppg. He didn't have any great teammates before that, Charles Oakley? Pfff. So I'm on to you just drop the act. Lebron didn't make the playoffs his first two years I don't even care AT ALL, but I only bring that up because it's the same thing you're doing. You have to have a good team to win in the NBA no one does it by their self.

Apparently George Gervin was on those teams!?

Gervin was signed by the Bulls for one season (1985-86) and got some minutes while Jordan was out with a broken foot. He couldn’t get off of the bench in the playoffs and never played another game in the NBA after that season. Don’t pretend for a second that the Bulls had prime Ice.
Hair Jordan
Sophomore
And1: 477

Post#65 » by Hair Jordan » Thu May 2, 2024 1:01 pm

Lebron got owned more cause he had prime AD by his side (top 75 player all time) and a team good enough to win the IST and make some noise in the playoffs and yet he still got swept. Jordan had no all star teammates (let alone a top 75 all time guy) and got swept in just his 2nd and 3rd seasons by a prime Bird/McHale/Parish/DJ/Celts team in their MVP and championship prime.
Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 15,887

Post#66 » by Patches Perry » Thu May 2, 2024 2:12 pm

SweaterBae wrote:
Patches Perry wrote:Obviously this comparison is absurd and only serves the purpose of holding Jordan to the same standard that Jordan supporters try to hold LeBron to. I can appreciate the tactic and the squirming that it creates.

Still, basketball is a team game, and I'd say young Jordan was better than old LeBron.

And a **** ton better than young Lebron as well.

His rookie season he played 82 RS games and averaged 28/6/6/2.4 steals at awesome efficiency.

His 3rd season in the league he scored 37 a game. JFC you history re-writing LBJ whores.

It's not squirming, it's educating dumbass stans on reality.

AND he might be the best defender at his position of all time. FFS!

Young Jordan was better than rookie and 2nd year LeBron for sure. By the time LeBron hit 20yo though, he was 31/7/7 though, which is on the level.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,578

Post#67 » by DOT » Thu May 2, 2024 2:35 pm

MJ and Bird played 28 times in the regular season, with Bird winning 17-11, 6 times in the playoffs with Bird winning 6-0

LeBron and Jokic have played 21 times in the regular season, with LeBron winning 11-10, 14 times in the playoffs with Jokic winning 9-5

Now, if MJ fans have taught me anything, it's that 6-0 is the standard, and it doesn't matter how many you win, if you lose even once, that's worse, so I gotta give it to Bird here. 6-0 after all.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,855

Post#68 » by Marrrcuss » Thu May 2, 2024 2:43 pm

NZB2323 wrote:Jordan scored 63 points against Larry Bird and Bird said, “That wasn’t Michael Jordan; that was God disguised as Michael Jordan.”

Bron scored 51 in a game against a top 2 team all time, against a team that had at least 3 guys that matched up well with him, but he lost.

Only thing that matters is he lost, right
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach

Post#69 » by Marrrcuss » Thu May 2, 2024 2:48 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
SNPA wrote:Bird owned young Jordan. Jokic is beating grandpa James.

Not at all just total revisionist history, Jordan was playing 1 on 5 against Bird's stacked Celtics team. Jordan won the scoring title and DPOY in 87-88 he was already the guy he just had no teammates.

Lebron missed the playoffs his first two years since we're going to blame someone for being young and not having any teammates, it's the same type of thing. It's like saying he should have beaten a super team then and won the championship it's just ridiculous.

Bird called him God disguised as Michael Jordan.

This is a troll thread made by a Lebron slurper.

How come Orlando Woolridges 21 ppg dont count but Dennis Johnsons 19, Ainge's 17 and Parrish's 17 count?

Hell, Corzine (almost) and Oakley both averaged a double double.
One Last Shot
Starter
And1: 2,904

Post#70 » by One Last Shot » Thu May 2, 2024 3:47 pm

Hair Jordan wrote:Lebron got owned more cause he had prime AD by his side (top 75 player all time) and a team good enough to win the IST and make some noise in the playoffs and yet he still got swept. Jordan had no all star teammates (let alone a top 75 all time guy) and got swept in just his 2nd and 3rd seasons by a prime Bird/McHale/Parish/DJ/Celts team in their MVP and championship prime.

Nah. Before LeBron turns 38, he beat Jokic 15 times out of their 23 games when they match-up against each other, they are the only team who eliminated the healthy Nuggets core of Jokic/Jamal/MPJ in 2020 Playoffs series and won an NBA title. Sure, Jokic beat LeBron for 11 straight games when most of the players retired when they reach that age but Larry Bird beat Jordan for 13 straight games in his athletic prime. Even in 2007 when LeBron just 22 years old and the Spurs swept them in the Finals, atleast LeBron swept that same Spurs championship core in the regular season.
NZB2323
RealGM

Post#71 » by NZB2323 » Thu May 2, 2024 4:04 pm

Marrrcuss wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:Jordan scored 63 points against Larry Bird and Bird said, “That wasn’t Michael Jordan; that was God disguised as Michael Jordan.”

Bron scored 51 in a game against a top 2 team all time, against a team that had at least 3 guys that matched up well with him, but he lost.

The 86 Celtics are arguably the greatest team of all time and Jordan was 22 coming back from an injury.

Are you talking about LeBron losing to the 2017 Warriors? When did I criticize him for that?
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach

Post#72 » by Marrrcuss » Thu May 2, 2024 4:10 pm

NZB2323 wrote:
Marrrcuss wrote:

The 86 Celtics are arguably the greatest team of all time and Jordan was 22 coming back from an injury.

Are you talking about LeBron losing to the 2017 Warriors? When did I criticize him for that?

My point was no one cares when it happens in a loss, right?
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,040

Post#73 » by Wingy » Thu May 2, 2024 4:12 pm

Ugh. LBJ and MJ both did just fine given the context.
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 343

Post#74 » by WentzerWuver » Thu May 2, 2024 4:24 pm

SNPA wrote:Bird owned young Jordan. Jokic is beating grandpa James.
But can Bronny beat grandpa Joker Lol
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,370

Post#75 » by ChipotleWest » Thu May 2, 2024 4:25 pm

OP: Jordan is the GOAT because I had one of his posters when I was young, but Lebron is just better in every single way and I'm not going to give anyone any reasons why I think Jordan is the GOAT, because he isn't really to me. I will however tell you all the reasons why Jordan is a failure. :lol:

This guy is a clown.

Strike: Baiting/Personal Attack
Instead of resorting to petty insults, find a more constructive way to communicate with posters you disagree with
-infinite.
"The best ability is availability"

Not if the player sucks a**.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,891

Post#76 » by Capn'O » Thu May 2, 2024 4:32 pm

This is annoying. Prime Joker and Prime LeBron never met and the Bulls teams the Celtics met were awful. Be better.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,370

Post#77 » by ChipotleWest » Thu May 2, 2024 4:36 pm

Capn'O wrote:This is annoying. Prime Joker and Prime LeBron never met and the Bulls teams the Celtics met were awful. Be better.

These comparisons are so stupid because it's very rare you're going to get two players both in their primes with evenly matched teams facing each other. Jordan was young and didn't have the team to matchup with Bird, Lebron was old and the Lakers couldn't match up with the Nuggets. It's a team game but the majority of people on this board act like the best player on the team is the entire team and age doesn't matter teammates don't matter they should just win, it's stupid on both sides.

OP is only on this board for these type of threads though, he admitted it in this thread he gets laughs out of hating on Jordan and making Jordan fans angry, while he pathetically calls Jordan the GOAT at the same time. This guy is not worth people's time he is a troll.
"The best ability is availability"

Not if the player sucks a**.
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,600

Post#78 » by EmpireFalls » Thu May 2, 2024 4:42 pm

I’m gonna say that the guy who won a series on the way to a title vs the guy who never won a series was “dominated” less.

And yet.. the poll! LMAO
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,726

Post#79 » by infinite11285 » Thu May 2, 2024 5:02 pm

Revisionism vs Recency bias
NZB2323
RealGM

Post#80 » by NZB2323 » Thu May 2, 2024 6:16 pm

Marrrcuss wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:
Marrrcuss wrote:Bron scored 51 in a game against a top 2 team all time, against a team that had at least 3 guys that matched up well with him, but he lost.

My point was no one cares when it happens in a loss, right?

Jerry West won Finals MVP in a series he lost, Jordan scored 63 points and forced overtime, and LeBron averaged 34, 12, and 10 with a 63 TS% in a finals he lost.

Can we not give players credit for that? I think the valid criticism of LeBron is 2011, not 2017.

Return to The General Board