Pat Bev throwing balls at Pacers' fans. Police investigating. Suspended 4 games! [update]

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,415

Re: Pat Bev throwing balls at Pacers' fans. 

Post#101 » by Black Jack » Fri May 3, 2024 4:31 am

jordb2k7 wrote:
Black Jack wrote:I used to really dislike Pat Bev but after he stopped trying to flat out hurt people he grew on me. I hope he had a very good reason / doesn't get banned for life. Feisty player.

There is no good reason for this. Shame on you

Oh please fans have absolutely done things that deserve this.
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,949

Post#102 » by Quattro » Fri May 3, 2024 4:35 am

I've been critical of fans who go too far at games either verbally or physically where they've contacted or thrown stuff at players. I think they deserve to be thrown out.

Just like I think Beverly deserves a massive suspension and fine for this idiotic behavior. If that fan said something truly bad, then he could just get security to remove him. There's zero excuse to whip a ball at someone in the crowd.
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 867

Post#103 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:36 am

Quattro wrote:I've been critical of fans who go too far at games either verbally or physically where they've contacted or thrown stuff at players. I think they deserve to be thrown out.

Just like I think Beverly deserves a massive suspension and fine for this idiotic behavior. If that fan said something truly bad, then he could just get security to remove him. There's zero excuse to whip a ball at someone in the crowd.

He will only get fined 25k and no game suspension
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,873

Post#104 » by Rainwater » Fri May 3, 2024 4:37 am

Black Jack wrote:
jordb2k7 wrote:
Black Jack wrote:I used to really dislike Pat Bev but after he stopped trying to flat out hurt people he grew on me. I hope he had a very good reason / doesn't get banned for life. Feisty player.

I feel like people are trying to make fans look like angels. Players have been spit on, had things thrown at them, have been cursed at, have had death threats against family members. Let’s be fair here.
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#105 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:39 am

Rainwater wrote:
Black Jack wrote:
jordb2k7 wrote:

I feel like people are trying to make fans look like angels. Players have been spit on, had things thrown at them, have been cursed at, have had death threats against family members. Let’s be fair here.

Read on Twitter
?t=Zd8sCzLMbKvJQK6JLFjQdA&s=19
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 21,440

Post#106 » by AussieCeltic » Fri May 3, 2024 4:40 am

Douchebag move from a massive douchebag. I have always voiced my utter disdain for Bev.

He’s a clown who has somehow scammed teams into continuously giving him contracts.

You can find better defenders than him scattered across the world and they’ll give you less of a headache than him.

Hopefully this is the straw that breaks the camels back and he’s out of the league
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,387

Post#107 » by JDR720 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:41 am

The fan that got hit on the head should sue him.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,383

Post#108 » by azcatz11 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:41 am

I’m all for players being able to retaliate but given this interview post game I find it hard to believe something racial was said. He’s an attention whore and would try to promote it on his stupid pod.

Also, if I was that woman I’d be filing the suit as I speak. That’s an easy six figure payday

Read on Twitter
?s=46
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#109 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:42 am

AussieCeltic wrote:Douchebag move from a massive douchebag. I have always voiced my utter disdain for Bev.

He’s a clown who has somehow scammed teams into continuously giving him contracts.

You can find better defenders than him scattered across the world and they’ll give you less of a headache than him.

Hopefully this is the straw that breaks the camels back and he’s out of the league

Read on Twitter
?t=jJFDZ7fA7goBco1xgGzg5w&s=19
donkki
Assistant Coach
And1: 622

Post#110 » by donkki » Fri May 3, 2024 4:42 am

Speechless. This is stupid beyond words.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,451

Post#111 » by Oscirus » Fri May 3, 2024 4:43 am

That's an artest level suspension for the genius
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 18,328

Post#112 » by HotRocks34 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:43 am

Pat Bev vs Jokic brother

Gotta happen
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** Luka made the WCF without Brunson
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,415

Post#113 » by Black Jack » Fri May 3, 2024 4:45 am

Rainwater wrote:
Black Jack wrote:
jordb2k7 wrote:

Right I mean being a pro basketball player is an awesome job with insanely good pay but I can't imagine having to just get screamed at by maniacs at the office :lol:

Honestly I think I would be able to just ignore it but I could see myself snapping too depending on the level of the abuse.
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#114 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:47 am

azcatz11 wrote:I’m all for players being able to retaliate but given this interview post game I find it hard to believe something racial was said. He’s an attention whore and would try to promote it on his stupid pod.

Also, if I was that woman I’d be filing the suit as I speak. That’s an easy six figure payday

Read on Twitter
?s=46

All you haters don't forget to subscribe to his podcast 8-)
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,638

Post#115 » by JustBuzzin » Fri May 3, 2024 4:48 am

Lol Pat going Cray Cray!
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 21,440

Post#116 » by AussieCeltic » Fri May 3, 2024 4:50 am

LaLover11 wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:Douchebag move from a massive douchebag. I have always voiced my utter disdain for Bev.

Read on Twitter

You’ve been here less than a year and already my least favourite poster
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
WhatsaTDot
RealGM
And1: 6,346

Post#117 » by WhatsaTDot » Fri May 3, 2024 4:50 am

Time to learn Mandarin.

This place is insufferable.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,873

Post#118 » by Rainwater » Fri May 3, 2024 4:51 am

azcatz11 wrote:I’m all for players being able to retaliate but given this interview post game I find it hard to believe something racial was said. He’s an attention whore and would try to promote it on his stupid pod.

Read on Twitter
?s=46

lol this guy is ridiculous
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#119 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:53 am

AussieCeltic wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

Read on Twitter

You’ve been here less than a year and already my least favourite poster

That just means you're soft

:rofl:

Strike for baiting.
Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,815

Post#120 » by Swish1906 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:54 am

Rainwater wrote:This might be an unpopular opinion but I want to know what happened to make Beverly act this way. Yes, players shouldn’t be throwing things at fans and Pat should be suspended; however, things like this don’t happen out of no where.

People were annoyed by things said by a fan during the live broadcast but that is mild compared to what most fans say and do. These players get verbally assaulted (and sometimes physically assaulted) during games and I feel like many fans expect them to just take it because it’s their job and they get paid millions. But if I was cursed at, death was wished upon a family member, or racial slurs thrown (things players say fans have said and done) I could understand players breaking once in a while because they are still humans.

Probably the big dude said something because Bev targeted him with his 2nd attempt.

Doesn’t change the fact that you don’t throw a ball into the stands, specifically when you are such a crappy career shooter like Bev. That’s why he hit the girl instead, classic Bev brick.

Again, let security handle it

Return to The General Board