This Jalen Brunson season is better than any season from Kyrie, Dame, and who else?

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,946

Re: This Jalen Brunson season is better than any season from Kyrie, Dame, and who else? 

Post#81 » by JasonStern » Fri May 3, 2024 8:45 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:LOL what has he done?

Beat a 7 seed with their best player injured?

Thats better than Dame's WCF run? Or Kyrie winning the Finals.

At this point he is Trae Young with better PR

Stop. Brunson has way more trade value than Trae (and more but not way more than Dame and Kyrie). And has proven enough to be in OP's conversation regarding Dame and Kyrie. But he's not there yet. That said, he's only 27. Barring injury or CTC mentality, he has 5+ years left in his prime.

But Dame - 8x all-star, 7x all-NBA, top 75 player.
Brunson - 1x all-star.

There's definitely some east coast/big market bias here. Dame had the worst GM in the NBA for something like 9 seasons. And while I am glad he stayed loyal to Portland, he would have gotten a lot more respect by casual fans if instead of that "I stay loyal" just to sign a supermax with an extension then demand a trade didn't happen, and instead he just asked for a trade earlier or left as an unrestricted free agent. But he got paid, so good for him.

Meanwhile, Brunson has the spotlight on him in New York. And he has totally lived up to it. A lot of players crack under that pressure. The Mavericks, in Steve Nash fashion, let another great point guard go in free agency.
"I don't get timeouts. You're getting paid millions. Go do basketball things."
- Chauncey Billups
srhcan
Veteran
And1: 1,715

Re: This Jalen Brunson season is better than any season from Kyrie, Dame, and who else? 

Post#82 » by srhcan » Fri May 3, 2024 1:13 pm

JasonStern wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

Stop. Brunson has way more trade value than Trae (and more but not way more than Dame and Kyrie). And has proven enough to be in OP's conversation regarding Dame and Kyrie. But he's not there yet. That said, he's only 27. Barring injury or CTC mentality, he has 5+ years left in his prime.

But Dame - 8x all-star, 7x all-NBA, top 75 player.
Brunson - 1x all-star.

There's definitely some east coast/big market bias here. Dame had the worst GM in the NBA for something like 9 seasons. And while I am glad he stayed loyal to Portland, he would have gotten a lot more respect by casual fans if instead of that "I stay loyal" just to sign a supermax with an extension then demand a trade didn't happen, and instead he just asked for a trade earlier or left as an unrestricted free agent. But he got paid, so good for him.

Meanwhile, Brunson has the spotlight on him in New York. And he has totally lived up to it. A lot of players crack under that pressure. The Mavericks, in Steve Nash fashion, let another great point guard go in free agency.

Just want to point out that Kyrie was also initially voted among top 75 players. But his stand against Covid vaccine made NBA unhappy and he was removed from the list.
bovice
Pro Prospect
And1: 949

Post#83 » by bovice » Fri May 3, 2024 1:16 pm

people love to hate on Dame but put Curry on Portland instead and name a series Portland wins that Dame lost.

I'll wait.
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,422

Post#84 » by Statlanta » Fri May 3, 2024 1:42 pm

Brunson starting to become the most overrated player on the site. In the PC Board they are trying to put him this seasons Curry just because he plays in the weak East marred by injuries.
Read on Twitter
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,411

Post#85 » by JujitsuFlip » Fri May 3, 2024 2:03 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
uncleduck13 wrote:Safe to say Brunson has peaked higher than Kyrie and Dame. What other elite PGs have inferior peaks?
Where does this season rank historically from a PG?

When did Brunson play vs the 2016 73-9 Warriors team in the Finals and scored 41 pts vs a elite defense and unstoppable offense??

I must've missed that series
I was gonna say, what am i missing here lol
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,697

Post#86 » by WarriorGM » Fri May 3, 2024 2:11 pm

bovice wrote:people love to hate on Dame but put Curry on Portland instead and name a series Portland wins that Dame lost.

I'll wait.

All of them?

Curry paired with LaMarcus Aldridge and McCollum probably sees him start dominating the league sooner. There are levels to this and Curry is at the very top.

Brunson's current success for example adds further shine to Curry's 2022 who remember took out a team that had both Doncic and Brunson in 5 games.
art_tatum
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,168

Post#87 » by art_tatum » Fri May 3, 2024 2:15 pm

It's the first round chill.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,510

Post#88 » by Patsfan1081 » Fri May 3, 2024 2:19 pm

Good season, but a little recency bias. IT at his peak had a season where he had a plus 12 ws, over 7 box and a plus .62 ts%.
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,524

Post#89 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Fri May 3, 2024 2:32 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The hater talk begins
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 812

Post#90 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 2:36 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
uncleduck13 wrote:Safe to say Brunson has peaked higher than Kyrie and Dame. What other elite PGs have inferior peaks?

When did Brunson play vs the 2016 73-9 Warriors team in the Finals and scored 41 pts vs a elite defense and unstoppable offense??

I must've missed that series
I was gonna say, what am i missing here lol

Glad we agree lol
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,125

Post#91 » by Mr B » Fri May 3, 2024 2:50 pm

Well Kyrie has a ring. Brunson would have to win a ring to have a better season than Kyrie ever has. Stats are cool but the ultimate goal is to win a title.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,911

Post#92 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri May 3, 2024 3:07 pm

Mr B wrote:

Well Kyrie has a ring. Brunson would have to win a ring to have a better season than Kyrie ever has. Stats are cool but the ultimate goal is to win a title.

Eh no. As time goes on, Lebron looks better and better on that team. And I say this as a guy who does not like Lebron...

Lebron kept the Cavs together for that long and got a ring out of Kyrie? Wow damn. That's why I also say Mavs fans do not appreciate Jason Kidd enough.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,271

Post#93 » by CobraCommander » Fri May 3, 2024 3:30 pm

Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:Jalen is very good, this is a little premature though. Playoff raw numbers are great so far, efficiency not so much (yet).

He does carry that team well though, credit to him.

He beat an mvp and maxey and his best side kick was Josh hart

He did more than carry a team
bovice
Pro Prospect
And1: 949

Post#94 » by bovice » Fri May 3, 2024 3:56 pm

WarriorGM wrote:
bovice wrote:people love to hate on Dame but put Curry on Portland instead and name a series Portland wins that Dame lost.

I'll wait.

All of them?

Curry paired with LaMarcus Aldridge and McCollum probably sees him start dominating the league sooner. There are levels to this and Curry is at the very top.

Brunson's current success for example adds further shine to Curry's 2022 who remember took out a team that had both Doncic and Brunson in 5 games.

can you name them. LMA and McCollum were never teammates. tell me you don't know what you're talking about without telling me
knicks512
Junior
And1: 1,127

Post#95 » by knicks512 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:19 pm

bovice wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:

I'll wait.

All of them?

can you name them. LMA and McCollum were never teammates. tell me you don't know what you're talking about without telling me

Try not to use the “tell me you don’t know” crap when you’re 100% wrong. They were teammates for 2 years.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,999

Post#96 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri May 3, 2024 4:30 pm

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Made back to back semis, which the Nets haven't done since 2007. Deal with it.

Nets living in your head rent free :lol:

Call me when you make a Finals this century.

Why even comment when your team was eliminated from playoff contention months ago? You’re better than this.

Because he brought up the Nets lol. Just like you guys always do whenever I make any comment on the Knicks.

I like Brunson. Hes a good player. But hes not better than Dame or Kyrie. Sorry.
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,524

Post#97 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:42 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Nets living in your head rent free :lol:

Call me when you make a Finals this century.

Why even comment when your team was eliminated from playoff contention months ago? You’re better than this.

Because he brought up the Nets lol. Just like you guys always do whenever I make any comment on the Knicks.

I like Brunson. Hes a good player. But hes not better than Dame or Kyrie. Sorry.

All-time? Not there yet. Rn? Absolutely
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,455

Post#98 » by NoStatsGuy » Fri May 3, 2024 4:43 pm

im with you on dame. but kyrie has never been a #1 in his career.

kyrie is nice and has a beautful game but hes not on brunsons level. he cant carry a team, all "his" teams were better without him, when he wanted to be the guy. boston, brooklyn, cleveland.

listen i love kyrie when hes balling and i dont wanna come across as a hater. but why does brunson need to win the title to surprass kyrie, when kyrie was lebrons lil bro? kyrie didnt win sh*t ever since
im bout dat action boss
danvato
Rookie
And1: 1,102

Post#99 » by danvato » Fri May 3, 2024 4:45 pm

RealGM with another astonishingly asinine troll like post.

its the 1st round buddy.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,125

This Jalen Brunson season is better than any season from Kyrie, Dame, and who else? 

Post#100 » by Mr B » Fri May 3, 2024 4:46 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Eh no. As time goes on, Lebron looks better and better on that team. And I say this as a guy who does not like Lebron...

Lebron kept the Cavs together for that long and got a ring out of Kyrie? Wow damn. That's why I also say Mavs fans do not appreciate Jason Kidd enough.

Well here is the shot that won the Cavs the title and if I’m not mistaken that’s not Labron taking the shot. I like Brunson but until he’s in this position and winning a title for the Knicks he won’t have a season better than Kyrie. Again, stats are great but the goal is to win a title and last I checked Kyrie has won one and Brunson hasn’t. Im not saying he can’t but he hasn’t yet.

https://youtu.be/kIF8zcj_J4Y?si=b1EfCpyCoFHQfBCP

Return to The General Board