This Jalen Brunson season is better than any season from Kyrie, Dame, and who else?

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Handlez
Junior
And1: 527

Re: This Jalen Brunson season is better than any season from Kyrie, Dame, and who else? 

Post#21 » by Handlez » Fri May 3, 2024 4:04 am

Brunson destroying haters.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,274

Re: This Jalen Brunson season is better than any season from Kyrie, Dame, and who else? 

Post#22 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:05 am

MrGoat wrote:Chucking 30 attempts a game in the first round and getting bailed out against a limited Philly team because of Josh Hart and the refs doesn't put him past any of those guys

Call yourself an idiot w.o calling yourself an idiot
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,188

Post#23 » by theFireBlanket » Fri May 3, 2024 4:05 am

JasonStern wrote:
uncleduck13 wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:He's not better than peak Dame, he just plays in the East and has a solid team around him.

Dame plays in the East and just got put out the first round. Dame played in the West and never made any real noise.

Brunson is probably better than Dame now, and likely will continue to be - especially as Dame becomes more injury prone and continues to be coached by Doc Rivers. But to imply that this season was better than every Dame season is disingenuous.

Dame coming back with a vengeance next year. Healthy, with full on training throughout the offseason. No sitting around waiting to be traded now.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Biff
Veteran
And1: 1,304

Post#24 » by Biff » Fri May 3, 2024 4:07 am

uncleduck13 wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:He's not better than peak Dame, he just plays in the East and has a solid team around him.

Dame plays in the East and just got put out the first round. Dame played in the West and never made any real noise.

Nice troll post. Dame has been injured and Giannis missed the entire series.
"Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!" - Kevin Durant
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 812

Post#25 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:07 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
MrGoat wrote:Chucking 30 attempts a game in the first round and getting bailed out against a limited Philly team because of Josh Hart and the refs doesn't put him past any of those guys

You're the idiot thinking barley beating this Terrible Sixers team is the same vs Battling The West Warriors and Clippers that Dame destroyed with his terrible team in Portland. Brunson would've also lost vs those teams vs playing this weak ass Sixers team.

Idiot :)
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,486

Post#26 » by PhilBlackson » Fri May 3, 2024 4:07 am

He’s been way beyond anyone’s expectations…anyone who else says different is lying.

I know I thought he was overpaid & I know I wasn’t alone so boy am I (and many others) ever eating massive crow on that.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,033

Post#27 » by DusterBuster » Fri May 3, 2024 4:07 am

Lmao, Brunson choked away more late FTs this series than Dame in his whole career.

Brunson has been awesome, but peak Dame beats them all. Aside from Steph, Dame is the only small guard to LEAD a team to the conference finals as a teams best player. Even Kyrie never did that.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,274

Post#28 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:08 am

LaLover11 wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:

You're the idiot thinking barley beating this Terrible Sixers team is the same vs Battling The West Warriors and Clippers that Dame destroyed with his terrible team in Portland. Brunson would've also lost vs those teams vs playing this weak ass Sixers team.

Idiot :)

:clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown:
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,948

Post#29 » by JasonStern » Fri May 3, 2024 4:16 am

uncleduck13 wrote:
JasonStern wrote:
uncleduck13 wrote:

Brunson is probably better than Dame now, and likely will continue to be - especially as Dame becomes more injury prone and continues to be coached by Doc Rivers. But to imply that this season was better than every Dame season is disingenuous.

What Dame season was better / more memorable than Brunson this season ?

If we're talking individual success, Dame was elite last season before they Blazers shut him down to tank.

If we're talking team success, probably the Western Conference run. Yes, they ended up getting swept by the dynasty Warriors - just like New York will probably get swept by Boston. But Lillard's starting lineup was Dame/CJ/Harkless/Aminu/Kanter on that run. Replace Dame with a league average point guard, and does that team even make the play-in?
"I don't get timeouts. You're getting paid millions. Go do basketball things."
- Chauncey Billups
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#30 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:16 am

Read on Twitter
?t=CqV44XN5vAuu07yXjZaWkA&s=19
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 12,812

Post#31 » by Chuck Everett » Fri May 3, 2024 4:20 am

Brunson's season is better than any individual season Kyrie has ever had. Dame, I'm not sure. Kyrie though, 100%.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,948

Post#32 » by JasonStern » Fri May 3, 2024 4:20 am

LaLover11 wrote:
JasonStern wrote:
uncleduck13 wrote:

Beware crazy people on here yet they will say you're the crazy one lol

I'm not saying that Brunson won't have a better season than any of Dame's. Hell, I even threw out a Dame for Brunson swap trade idea when Dame asked out. Brunson is just 27 and entering his prime, while Dame is aging less gracefully than fans would like to admit. But at this point, Dame has the edge in doing more with less, putting up stats, and clutch moments.
"I don't get timeouts. You're getting paid millions. Go do basketball things."
- Chauncey Billups
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,843

Post#33 » by cgf » Fri May 3, 2024 4:25 am

I would like to thank all of you for your doubt, it only ensures that Jalen has another level to unlock. You have been warned 8-)
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,921

Post#34 » by Capn'O » Fri May 3, 2024 4:27 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:LOL what has he done?

Beat a 7 seed with their best player injured?

Thats better than Dame's WCF run? Or Kyrie winning the Finals.

Made back to back semis, which the Nets haven't done since 2007. Deal with it.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#35 » by Capn'O » Fri May 3, 2024 4:29 am

DusterBuster wrote:Lmao, Brunson choked away more late FTs this series than Dame in his whole career.

Brunson has been awesome, but peak Dame beats them all. Aside from Steph, Dame is the only small guard to LEAD a team to the conference finals as a teams best player. Even Kyrie never did that.

Give us a couple of weeks, man.

I do agree that he needs a little more hardware.
BAF Clippers

LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#36 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:30 am

cgf wrote:I would like to thank all of you for your doubt, it only ensures that Jalen has another level to unlock. You have been warned 8-)

Nobody is scared of your Big Headed small guard
cgf
RealGM

Post#37 » by cgf » Fri May 3, 2024 4:30 am

Capn'O wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:Lmao, Brunson choked away more late FTs this series than Dame in his whole career.

The bolded just screams "...so far"
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#38 » by Capn'O » Fri May 3, 2024 4:32 am

LaLover11 wrote:
cgf wrote:I would like to thank all of you for your doubt, it only ensures that Jalen has another level to unlock. You have been warned 8-)

I mean, he keeps beating just about everyone. So, yeah, they are.
BAF Clippers

cgf
RealGM

Post#39 » by cgf » Fri May 3, 2024 4:32 am

LaLover11 wrote:

NBA defenses seem pretty terrified judging by the way they attempt to guard him :dontknow:

ScrantonBulls
Senior
And1: 999

Post#40 » by ScrantonBulls » Fri May 3, 2024 4:32 am

Capn'O wrote:

Do you think the Knicks try to resign their FAs (OG, Hartenstein if possible) and just run it back as is? I wonder if they'll try to package Randle + picks to try and get a better #2 option. I assume that's unlikely.

Return to The General Board