Westbrook next year -- Clipper or no?

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Russ with Clips 2024-25?

Yes
34%
No
66%

Total votes: 74

NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 25,027

Re: Westbrook next year -- Clipper or no? 

Post#41 » by NyKnicks1714 » Sun May 5, 2024 4:06 pm

UglyBugBall wrote:
Sofia wrote:Looks like Clippers might have been covering for him when he was supposedly happy to come off the bench earlier in the season.

Good for him. He's a league mvp and harden never achieved anything Westbrook hasn't, so why is he starting over him? The clippers screwed him.

But you could say the same about Harden if he was coming off the bench, lol. And come on, anyone even casually following the Clippers this season knows starting Harden was easily the correct decision.

But if you think Westbrook deserves a starting role, we'll find out which team gives it to him this offseason.
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,603

Post#42 » by Alatan » Sun May 5, 2024 4:18 pm

FreeBird23 wrote:Denver

**** no.
UglyBugBall
Senior
And1: 730

Post#43 » by UglyBugBall » Sun May 5, 2024 5:11 pm

NyKnicks1714 wrote:
UglyBugBall wrote:
Sofia wrote:Looks like Clippers might have been covering for him when he was supposedly happy to come off the bench earlier in the season.

Good for him. He's a league mvp and harden never achieved anything Westbrook hasn't, so why is he starting over him? The clippers screwed him.

But you could say the same about Harden if he was coming off the bench, lol. And come on, anyone even casually following the Clippers this season knows starting Harden was easily the correct decision.

But if you think Westbrook deserves a starting role, we'll find out which team gives it to him this offseason.

Westbrook is a better big game player than harden and plays defense. Why is harden getting start?
Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,608

Post#44 » by Asianiac_24 » Sun May 5, 2024 5:39 pm

Westbrook is a big game player? By shooting 20% from the field?
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 361

Post#45 » by WentzerWuver » Sun May 5, 2024 10:59 pm

HotRocks34 wrote:Article says Russ might bolt from the Clips this summer and he wasn't happy with the bench role.

Will he return next year?

Even though he's from LA and the new arena opens next year, I think he's gone unless things change.

https://theathletic.com/5470867/2024/05/04/clippers-offseason-paul-george-tyronn-lue-james-harden-nba/
Westy stays otherwise Ty will demand to leave for the Lakers. Simple as that.
SportsGuru08
Pro Prospect
And1: 721

Post#46 » by SportsGuru08 » Sun May 5, 2024 11:14 pm

Tracymcgoaty wrote:
SportsGuru08 wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:To everyone that blamed the Lakers and said Russ was being scapegoated. Sincerely y'all can kiss our Purple and Yellow asses.

I guess it's the clippers fault for his piss poor play this time.

He'll go detroit average 20/10/15 on 37/15/65 splits and the stans will come running.

LeBron wanted him in LA then had the gall to throw him under the bus when it didn't work out.

I knew from the get go that it wouldn't.

Both AD and Lebron wanted him in LA. Their stupid fault that fans had to witness that trainwreck along with Rob. Nobody needed to throw him under the bus his piss poor play did it all by itself.

Russ sucks. Im glad people got to witness it outside of the Lakers.

LeBron stat padding and not playing a lick of defense all season also didn't help.

The fact is LeBron should have known it wouldn't work; two ball-dominant stat chasers with poor jump shots who don't play defense? Anyone with half a brain could have told you that was a bad idea.

Funny thing is Westbrook had more wins in fewer games the previous season in Washington. But sure, throw all the blame on him.
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,305

Post#47 » by Tracymcgoaty » Mon May 6, 2024 12:44 am

SportsGuru08 wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:
SportsGuru08 wrote:
LeBron wanted him in LA then had the gall to throw him under the bus when it didn't work out.

I knew from the get go that it wouldn't.

Both AD and Lebron wanted him in LA. Their stupid fault that fans had to witness that trainwreck along with Rob. Nobody needed to throw him under the bus his piss poor play did it all by itself.

Russ sucks. Im glad people got to witness it outside of the Lakers.

LeBron stat padding and not playing a lick of defense all season also didn't help.

The fact is LeBron should have known it wouldn't work; two ball-dominant stat chasers with poor jump shots who don't play defense? Anyone with half a brain could have told you that was a bad idea.

Funny thing is Westbrook had more wins in fewer games the previous season in Washington. But sure, throw all the blame on him.

You keep making it about Lebron. Westbrooks tenure in both LA teams were GARBAGE. Borderline unplayable. That is his legacy in LA. Compilations of Lowlights.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
Michael Jordan
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,797

Post#48 » by Michael Jordan » Mon May 6, 2024 12:48 am

I'd say he's a third string on a contender at this point because if you bring him off the bench like the Clippers did he'll hijack your second unit.

PG Kawhi and Norm should have been taking most of the shots in Kawhi's absence.
xchange55
Senior
And1: 526

Post#49 » by xchange55 » Mon May 6, 2024 1:04 am

A team that needs to fill cap space might take him. I'm going to guess that Russ will go for the money over anything else - such as bench role on a contender but at lower pay.
xchange55
Senior
And1: 526

Post#50 » by xchange55 » Mon May 6, 2024 1:06 am

Tracymcgoaty wrote:You keep making it about Lebron. Westbrooks tenure in both LA teams were GARBAGE. Borderline unplayable. That is his legacy in LA. Compilations of Lowlights.

I think it's because LeGM is the one who pushed for Brodie - that's the primary reason. But yeah it's not a good fit either as pointed out.
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,305

Post#51 » by Tracymcgoaty » Mon May 6, 2024 1:08 am

xchange55 wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:You keep making it about Lebron. Westbrooks tenure in both LA teams were GARBAGE. Borderline unplayable. That is his legacy in LA. Compilations of Lowlights.

I think it's because LeGM is the one who pushed for Brodie - that's the primary reason. But yeah it's not a good fit either as pointed out.

100% he did which is crazy because of how the team played Russ in 2020. That AD injury in 2021 put Rob in absolute panic mode.

We should have ran it back with the same team. No doubt in my mind we would have reached the finals that year.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
akula1488
Bench Warmer
And1: 460

Post#52 » by akula1488 » Mon May 6, 2024 1:14 am

Westbrook + Grayson + Beal + Book + KD = death lineup

Return to The General Board