2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS WINS 4-1)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins and goes to the ECFs?

Celtics in 4
24%
Celtics in 5
47%
Celtics in 6
15%
Celtics in 7
2%
Cavaliers in 4
1%
Cavaliers in 5
2%
Cavaliers in 6
5%
Cavaliers in 7
4%

Total votes: 258

dans1230
Rookie
And1: 1,172

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers 

Post#561 » by dans1230 » Wed May 8, 2024 11:15 am

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Riverwalk2021 wrote:
The Derrick White from two months ago isn't the Derrick White from today. He puts the Celtics at another level.

Shhhh. They think the dude from the Adam Sandler movie is Michael Jordan.

No literally, I read that today.

I don’t think it will happen but it would be hilarious if the Nuggets came back and beat the Wolves after all the absurd hot takes we’ve seen in just one day about them.

The Celtics were trash after losing game 2 against Miami. Theres not alot if critical thinking on this site, alot of people trying to be the first to point out what just happened. I like Minnesota, theyve been my favorite western conference team for 25 years and its been a long road waiting for a team to be excited about, but id almost like to see Denver take game 3 just to watch the flow of comments switch sides, its hilarious.
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,091

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS leads 1-0) 

Post#562 » by Im Coming Home » Wed May 8, 2024 2:01 pm

Damn the Cavs lost every quarter That's crazy
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
bmurph128
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,725

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers 

Post#563 » by bmurph128 » Wed May 8, 2024 2:05 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
bmurph128 wrote:If you were ranking the starters in this series, this isn't too far off from what people would agree on (if Allen plays and KP doesn't):

Tatum
Mitchell
Brown
Garland
Allen
Holiday
White
Mobley
Strus
Horford

There could be some variation at the bottom, but overall that's 1/3/6/7/10 for Boston and 2/4/5/8/9 for Cleveland. The Cavs will need Mitchell to be close to Tatum, Garland close to Brown and Mobley close to White/Holiday - all of that happening isn't super likely, but that's the Cavs only chance. And then Allen would be the x factor....if he doesn't play, we have absolutely zero chance.

Edit your post

I'll admit White should be way higher - he has consistently looked like Boston's best player to me.

But that would also entail Tatum being moved way down, and Mitchell looking like the best player in the series when you factor in all the variables. I don't think any of that is really warranted just yet though.
bmurph128
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,725

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS leads 1-0) 

Post#564 » by bmurph128 » Wed May 8, 2024 2:08 pm

You have to love all the overreactions to Eastern Conference playoff games, only for the West to make those takes look absurdly stupid.

The Cavs lost like Denver and Dallas. Actually, not like Denver - the Cavs at least had the game within 10 late in the third quarter.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,963

Post#565 » by Larry_Russell » Wed May 8, 2024 2:22 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
Yes they would

In what world would the Wolves be the favorite over the Celtics?

Just say the wolves are going to win because that's what you believe, that's a subjective take.

Objectively there's no way the wolves would be the favorites.

Celtics in 6.

If the wolves even get there.

The regular season series between the two teams was one of the closest ever. (2 OT games, each team winning at home.)

Celtics missing KP one game and White the other.
3ddman23
General Manager
And1: 2,678

Post#566 » by 3ddman23 » Wed May 8, 2024 2:39 pm

axeman23 wrote:
3ddman23 wrote:
ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:It probably would have been the same result though or worst because we're a worst shooting team then Cavs.

I'm not saying we would win but and we may have seen a few blow outs but seeing the young magic face the Eastern conference Champs and giving them some fight is better then this dead in the water Cleveland team.

Maybe your team should have done better to beat this "dead in the water" team you speak of, then? And this is not meant as a slight against Magic fans in general, who have been more or less gracious in general. :thumbsup:

Lol nah we're good. If we even had a resemblance of offense we would have smoked this cavs team in 5-6 games. And yet even without being able to score( on the road mainly), we still took them to 7 and was one half away from being in the second round... all while being led by 3 22 under players.. we got plenty of time on our side.
GO MAGIC
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,443

Post#567 » by Statlanta » Wed May 8, 2024 2:42 pm

Would anybody on the Cavs/Magic start for the Celtics healthy roster?
Read on Twitter
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,069

Post#568 » by Darth Celtic » Wed May 8, 2024 2:51 pm

Statlanta wrote:Would anybody on the Cavs/Magic start for the Celtics healthy roster?

Mitchell don't play d, but he still would start over Holliday
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,423

Post#569 » by JujitsuFlip » Wed May 8, 2024 3:50 pm

3ddman23 wrote:
axeman23 wrote:
3ddman23 wrote:
I'm not saying we would win but and we may have seen a few blow outs but seeing the young magic face the Eastern conference Champs and giving them some fight is better then this dead in the water Cleveland team.

Maybe your team should have done better to beat this "dead in the water" team you speak of, then? And this is not meant as a slight against Magic fans in general, who have been more or less gracious in general.

Lol nah we're good. If we even had a resemblance of offense we would have smoked this cavs team in 5-6 games. And yet even without being able to score( on the road mainly), we still took them to 7 and was one half away from being in the second round... all while being led by 3 22 under players.. we got plenty of time on our side.
And if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a bicycle.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,660

Post#570 » by brackdan70 » Wed May 8, 2024 4:06 pm

bmurph128 wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:
bmurph128 wrote:If you were ranking the starters in this series, this isn't too far off from what people would agree on (if Allen plays and KP doesn't):

Tatum
Mitchell
Brown
Garland
Allen
Holiday
White
Mobley
Strus
Horford

There could be some variation at the bottom, but overall that's 1/3/6/7/10 for Boston and 2/4/5/8/9 for Cleveland. The Cavs will need Mitchell to be close to Tatum, Garland close to Brown and Mobley close to White/Holiday - all of that happening isn't super likely, but that's the Cavs only chance. And then Allen would be the x factor....if he doesn't play, we have absolutely zero chance.

Edit your post

I'll admit White should be way higher - he has consistently looked like Boston's best player to me.

But that would also entail Tatum being moved way down, and Mitchell looking like the best player in the series when you factor in all the variables. I don't think any of that is really warranted just yet though.

Why does moving up White require moving Tatum down?
Mitchell is amazing on offense but pedestrian on D.
Tatum
Mitchell
White
Brown
Allen if he were playing
Jrue
Horford
Garland

Seems more realistic. Strus and Mobley are down the list a bit with Pritchard/ Kornet/ Hauser
Sign here
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Post#571 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed May 8, 2024 4:07 pm

The Corey's wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:You said the Wolves would start favourites which is just flat out hilarious and wrong

What is hilarious and wrong about that? The Celtics are a higher favorite bc they’re coming out of the east…

Even if I’m wrong it’s stupid to say people are trolling to say the wolves are the best team in the league rn

Maybe you missed the regular season but the Celtics handled everyone that came their way.

It's stupid to say the wolves are the favorites. It's not stupid to say they're going to win.

Those aren't the same two takes. Ill give you one chance to own up to it otherwise you are indeed trolling.

:nod: :thumbsup:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#572 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed May 8, 2024 4:18 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:The lack of competition for the Celtics in the east is probably the only thing that can take them off their championship path.

You probably don't want to get to the finals before your run into real adversity.

Wolves would be the favorite if they played tomorrow buddy

Please. You are being ridiculous now. Going into last nights game the Celtic are almost odds on favorite to win the whole thing. I'm sure Vegas doesn't agree with your take. By the way, isn't this a thread on the Celtics and Cav's?
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,845

Post#573 » by DowJones » Wed May 8, 2024 4:23 pm

Cavs just can't win a shootout. They have 1 serious offensive threat right now and he is surrounded by guys that just don't threaten you. I still think Cleveland can get a game, but that is about it.
nbafan38
Head Coach
And1: 5,543

Post#574 » by nbafan38 » Wed May 8, 2024 4:23 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:The lack of competition for the Celtics in the east is probably the only thing that can take them off their championship path.

You probably don't want to get to the finals before your run into real adversity.

Wolves would be the favorite if they played tomorrow buddy

Please. You are being ridiculous now. Going into last nights game the Celtic are almost odds on favorite to win the whole thing. I'm sure Vegas doesn't agree with your take. By the way, isn't this a thread on the Celtic and Cav's?

Championship Odds

Celtics +100
Wolves +320

So not close but also have to factor in vegas is factoring in that Minny has a likely tougher road to get to the finals.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#575 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed May 8, 2024 4:24 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
What is hilarious and wrong about that? The Celtics are a higher favorite bc they’re coming out of the east…

Even if I’m wrong it’s stupid to say people are trolling to say the wolves are the best team in the league rn

The East part is irrelevant.

The Wolves would not start favourites.

What do you think the line would be? Celtics -105? If anything it would be very close…maybe a pick em.

:falloff:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#576 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed May 8, 2024 4:30 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
KamikazeK wrote:All the 3rd-party fans in here using this boring-ass game to bash the Celtics. :dontknow: At the end of the day we'll be the ones in the Finals and I like our chances against Minny.

I’m not bashing the Celtics man. You guys have not been tested at all like the wolves have. That’s something to consider going forward. And I don’t consider the Knicks a serious contender either

Tested. :lol: We were tested as much as anyone and did it better than anybody. Celtics are now 23-4 without KP. Says a lot about this team and depth. I think your more upset there really hasn't been any close games come out way as of yet. How is it our fault we blow everyone out so far. Send us someone who can compete better with us. :wink:
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,744

Post#577 » by bisme37 » Wed May 8, 2024 4:36 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Larry_Russell
General Manager

Post#578 » by Larry_Russell » Wed May 8, 2024 4:58 pm

3ddman23 wrote:
axeman23 wrote:
3ddman23 wrote:

Maybe your team should have done better to beat this "dead in the water" team you speak of, then? And this is not meant as a slight against Magic fans in general, who have been more or less gracious in general. :thumbsup:

i like your team a lot.

I really dont want you chasing Klay, I want you chasing young guards.
Maybe Vassell could be got?
Lonnie Walker?
Aaron Wiggins?

and try to grab Hartenstein

Keep the timeline

Suggs
young guard
Wagner
Banchero
Hartenstein
Larry_Russell
General Manager

Post#579 » by Larry_Russell » Wed May 8, 2024 5:01 pm

Statlanta wrote:Would anybody on the Cavs/Magic start for the Celtics healthy roster?

Have to assume Mitchell over Jrue, but Jrue is so important to the team.

Someone needs to get down into the corners on offense, set up plays on offense, and defend like a bulldog. Not many guys out there willing to fill this role, and Jrue EXCELS at it.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,578

Post#580 » by jbk1234 » Wed May 8, 2024 5:02 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:Damn the Cavs lost every quarter That's crazy

If neither Allen nor Wade play in this series, it's a sweep or maybe we take 1 at home. With Allen and Wade, the matchup problems were the Celtics. Without them, the matchups problems are ours and our coach is severely limited when it comes to in-game adjustments, identifying matchup issues, and planning around the latter.

It takes a good deal of failure for JBB to change his approach when better coaches anticipate the problem before the teams step on the court. It's like playing series with a -1 game handicap.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.

Return to The General Board