Refs steal a possession from Pacers [Update]Official complaint filed for 78 Bad Calls

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

___Rand___
RealGM
And1: 10,598

Re: Refs steal a possession from Pacers and gives it to Knicks, denies challenge in the last minute of the game 

Post#21 » by ___Rand___ » Tue May 7, 2024 2:38 am

CKB wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:There were so many bad calls going AGAINST Pacers in the last 3 minutes of that game it was ridiculous. I like both teams. But there's no effin reason to GIFT the game to Knicks like that. They sure as heck didn't earn it.

This wasn't the only one. The phantom moving screen call on turner with 17 seconds left again denies another possession to Pacers. I'm fuming as a neutral.

"I like both teams" This is a lie.

Nope I do. go back and look at my post history. I liked OG going to Knicks. Said he's going to shore up their D. I loved Pascal's fit with Pacers wayyyyy before they traded him. I even argued against Pacers' fans who didn't think it was. I like Brunson's emergence. I predicted Knicks would win the series. You on the other hand needs to READ before accusing someone of facts that CAN BE VALIDATED.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,174

Re: Refs steal a possession from Pacers and gives it to Knicks, denies challenge in the last minute of the game 

Post#22 » by SlovenianDragon » Tue May 7, 2024 2:38 am

mrmsix6 wrote:Watch the screen Divincenzo sets at :26 and compare it to the screen Turner got called on shortly thereafter.

Not a screw job btw :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,499

Post#23 » by ImSlower » Tue May 7, 2024 2:38 am

I've actually been rooting for the Knicks for perhaps the only time in my Bulls-fan life this season, since I think Brunson is a rare old-school kinda guy. But holy ish was this a horrendous look for the league. So many calls against the Pacers. But, hey, ESPN won't mention that.

Fans of every sport bemoan officiating, but I am obstinate that the NBA has the worst of it of any sport I follow. Yikes.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,868

Post#24 » by cgf » Tue May 7, 2024 2:39 am

IG2 wrote:If you were watching the game you could sense that screw job coming a mile away. Makes perfect financial sense to let NY win. And the refs obliged.

Then why did they mess up the call on Brunson that Thibs had to challenge? To throw people off the sent?
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
ryan in Maine
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,882

Post#25 » by ryan in Maine » Tue May 7, 2024 2:40 am

Post#26 » by cgf » Tue May 7, 2024 2:41 am

MavsDirk41 wrote:
cgf wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:I thought that offensive foul call on Turner at the end of the game was horrible. Borderline call and you dont call that with 13 seconds left in a one point game. That was terrible. Pacers got screwed on that possession to possibly win the game.

Yeah. As a knicks fan I'm still dumbfounded by that call. It was technically correct but that's a call that gets ignored so often, calling it in that moment was insane.

If it was obvious or egregious to the point Turner flattened Donte with an elbow or something i could see it but that was awful. You could call a foul on every screen if your gonna call that. Let them play that possession. That was a bad call.

That was a ridiculous call. This crew was hideous down the stretch in general, but the Pacers definitely got the short end of the stick.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

SlovenianDragon
Head Coach

Post#27 » by SlovenianDragon » Tue May 7, 2024 2:42 am

cgf wrote:
IG2 wrote:If you were watching the game you could sense that screw job coming a mile away. Makes perfect financial sense to let NY win. And the refs obliged.

Then why did they mess up the call on Brunson that Thibs had to challenge? To throw people off the sent?

All ur doing is agreeing with us the refs sucked we agree...

The pacers got hosed....Completely robbed.

The ending of that game was disgusting by the refs and every nba fan should be mad... Knicks fans can be half as mad...

Refs really stole the show here and screwed over the pacers...

Just disgusting.
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 21,989

Post#28 » by AussieCeltic » Tue May 7, 2024 2:44 am

I don’t know how, but they got every single call wrong in the final 2 minutes.

3 favoured the Knicks, 1 the Pacers (which was challenged and overturned)
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
Big nick
Senior
And1: 355

Post#29 » by Big nick » Tue May 7, 2024 2:44 am

Not a fan of either team but pacers got screwed. Some of the worse calls made late in that game I have ever seen.
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 12,127

Post#30 » by Effigy » Tue May 7, 2024 2:45 am

AussieCeltic wrote:I don’t know how, but they got every single call wrong in the final 2 minutes.

3 favoured the Knicks, 1 the Pacers (which was challenged and overturned)

Really? I know how…..
DimesandKnicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,661

Post#31 » by DimesandKnicks » Tue May 7, 2024 2:45 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:
cgf wrote:

The ending of that game was disgusting by the refs and every nba fan should be mad... Knicks fans can be half as mad...

Just disgusting.

We don’t care
cgf
RealGM

Post#32 » by cgf » Tue May 7, 2024 2:45 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:
cgf wrote:

Just disgusting.

I think that poster was implying that the refs weren't just incompetent but that they were actively match-fixing with the bolded. Which is why I asked about the out of bounds call. I'm not upset about it going against us at all, I just don't understand why they'd make that call if they were trying to fix the match rather than just utterly incompetent.

Clincher
General Manager
And1: 733

Post#33 » by Clincher » Tue May 7, 2024 2:46 am

KembaWalker wrote:Imagine if the league has been rigging for the Knicks all these years but they’re just so overwhelmingly incompetent that it wasn’t even possible until now

How so? Knicks haven't had a top 2 pick since what? Ewing?

We aren't the Cavs cmon now. :lol:
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,617

Post#34 » by NYKnickerbocker » Tue May 7, 2024 2:48 am

If the refs are rigging the Knicks to the championship I’ll take it. I’ll feast on all the complaining threads tears
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach

Post#35 » by SlovenianDragon » Tue May 7, 2024 2:48 am

DimesandKnicks wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:
cgf wrote:

Just disgusting.

We don’t care

BrianInPhilly
Senior
And1: 823

Post#36 » by BrianInPhilly » Tue May 7, 2024 2:49 am

NYKnickerbocker wrote:**** happens

Lesgo Knicks

Actually I don’t think a missed kicked ball violation has ever happened in the history of the nba playoffs in the last minute of a close game.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,123

Post#37 » by Mavrelous » Tue May 7, 2024 2:50 am

This was a disgrace, check the succesful challenge by the Knicks, Pacers got screwed...
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
LegendOfSalmons
Senior
And1: 1,209

Post#38 » by LegendOfSalmons » Tue May 7, 2024 2:51 am

NYKnickerbocker wrote:**** happens

Lesgo Knicks

Please keep that same energy when the Knicks inevitably lose.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,805

Post#39 » by iLLmatic860 » Tue May 7, 2024 2:54 am

it was a foul that prob wouldn't of been called if it weren't for Dontes great acting. You gotta give Ragu credit for selling it
Plutonashfan
Analyst
And1: 3,147

Post#40 » by Plutonashfan » Tue May 7, 2024 2:57 am

One of the worst called games Ive seen and that's REALLY saying something.
The Champ is HERE!!!

Return to The General Board