Evan Turner: I’ve never had a teammate more affected by the media or opinions than PG

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,996

Evan Turner: I’ve never had a teammate more affected by the media or opinions than PG 

Post#1 » by OkcSinceSGA » Wed May 8, 2024 8:52 pm

Read on Twitter

Paraphrased a bit. He also said PG and Embiid would be soft (I believe he means mental not physical in this context). He’s not wrong though, PG is arguably the mentally weakest player in the NBA.
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,426

Re: Evan Turner: I’ve never had a teammate more affected by the media or opinions than PG 

Post#2 » by Woodsanity » Wed May 8, 2024 8:53 pm

OkcSinceSGA wrote:
Read on Twitter

Paraphrased a bit. He also said PG and Embiid would be soft (I believe he means mental not physical in this context).

Pandemic P and Flopbiid on one team. Would be a disaster but a new fresh scapegoat for Embiid. He would be happy.
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
Bornstellar
General Manager
And1: 17,652

Re: Evan Turner: I’ve never had a teammate more affected by the media or opinions than PG 

Post#3 » by Bornstellar » Wed May 8, 2024 8:56 pm

Evan Turner sure loves to yap for a bust that was out of the NBA by age 31
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,084

Post#4 » by Wingy » Wed May 8, 2024 8:56 pm

As a #2 overall pick...kinda like you and your xenophobic ass not showing up for your entire career, eh, Evan?
reddyplayerone
Junior
And1: 373

Post#5 » by reddyplayerone » Wed May 8, 2024 9:00 pm

Bornstellar wrote:Evan Turner sure loves to yap for a bust that was out of the NBA by age 31

The only notable, memorable thing I can remember about Evan's career is that time he got into a fistfight with Lance Stephenson at practice.
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 6,538

Post#6 » by BigGargamel » Wed May 8, 2024 9:01 pm

Bornstellar wrote:Evan Turner sure loves to yap for a bust that was out of the NBA by age 31

All these guys are trying to get into the media/podcast deals. No problem with throwing anyone under the bus to further their careers.
ChuckChilly
Veteran
And1: 2,726

Post#7 » by ChuckChilly » Wed May 8, 2024 9:01 pm

What if he's better at yapping than playing basketball?
FreeBird23
Junior
And1: 1,057

Post#8 » by FreeBird23 » Wed May 8, 2024 9:02 pm

Turner is an idiot. And a coward
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,071

Post#9 » by Texas Chuck » Wed May 8, 2024 9:06 pm

Paul George takes an ton of unnecessary crap. PG isn't a player who having him on your team makes you a championship contender. But those players are super rare. But he's been a really good player for a really long time. Plays hard, plays both ways. Yeah some of the injury stuff has been unfortunate but considering that first leg injury he's done okay. And most of the criticism is about stuff he says. So he says some silly stuff. Get in line.

Good player for a long time. Some dude trying to get clicks because his limited relevant period is over using PG as an easy target is lame.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,151

Post#10 » by Lockdown504090 » Wed May 8, 2024 9:09 pm

OkcSinceSGA wrote:
Read on Twitter

Paraphrased a bit. He also said PG and Embiid would be soft (I believe he means mental not physical in this context). He’s not wrong though, PG is arguably the mentally weakest player in the NBA.

Paul has grown up a lot since then tbh. I still agree, but he’s significantly tougher than when he was selling in 2020
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,900

Post#11 » by Johnny Firpo » Wed May 8, 2024 9:10 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Paul George takes an ton of unnecessary crap. PG isn't a player who having him on your team makes you a championship contender. But those players are super rare. But he's been a really good player for a really long time. Plays hard, plays both ways. Yeah some of the injury stuff has been unfortunate but considering that first leg injury he's done okay. And most of the criticism is about stuff he says. So he says some silly stuff. Get in line.

Good player for a long time. Some dude trying to get clicks because his limited relevant period is over using PG as an easy target is lame.

George is a 9-time all-star and a former superstar, I don't think they are going that hard at him to be honest.
damanick10
Starter
And1: 3,194

Post#12 » by damanick10 » Wed May 8, 2024 9:17 pm

It's not wrong but Evan Turner saying this is funny. PG going to Sixers has disaster written all over it. Sixers would be better off just using the cash for high end role players and pray to the basketball gods Embiid can stay healthy for one year. They have Maxey already as the go to scorer in crunch time and Maxey will only keep getting better.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,028

Post#13 » by Dominator83 » Wed May 8, 2024 9:29 pm

True. But it's still entertaining. Kinda like when Kwane Brown went on a trash talking spree a few years ago
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
TheFire
Senior
And1: 1,050

Post#14 » by TheFire » Wed May 8, 2024 9:32 pm

This guy is a professional yapper.
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,732

Post#15 » by Bergmaniac » Wed May 8, 2024 9:35 pm

LOL, I can't even remember when Evan Turner played on the same team with Paul George or even on which team this happened, that's how much of a flop he was.
Airmiess
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,528

Post#16 » by Airmiess » Wed May 8, 2024 9:36 pm

Did this guy get blackballed out the league or he just fell off ?
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,778

Post#17 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 8, 2024 9:44 pm

This sub really hates Embiid lmao

Dude catching strays in a topic about Paul George.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,210

Post#18 » by Lalouie » Wed May 8, 2024 9:52 pm

well,,,,he would know
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,959

Post#19 » by HotelVitale » Wed May 8, 2024 9:57 pm

Might be true, but Evan Turner's easily the worst and least intelligible of the player podcast guys now. I don't have anything against him, just heard his podcast 4 or 5 times and almost everything he says is embarrassing or just wrong, or both. I expect player podcasts to be a lot of fun BS'ing and barbershop talk--exaggerating, hot takes to shake things up, minor conspiracy talk--but he doesn't seem to get the assignment and just says dumb stuff.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,959

Post#20 » by HotelVitale » Wed May 8, 2024 9:59 pm

(Also is he talking about 2012, 12 years ago and when PG was 22 years old?)

Return to The General Board