Vince Carter

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

thierry
Lead Assistant
And1: 649

Vince Carter 

Post#1 » by thierry » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:20 am

Is the most underrated player on the planet. Every time his team loses everyone scapegoats him for it and for people to go about excluding him from the all star game is ridiculous. Everywhere I go I can never miss people hating on Vince. I see people saying oh yeah look at Vince now after he got his money. Yeah look at him.. He has been playing through pain and injury this whole year and has still put up great numbers which people refuse to believe. If 21.4 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 4.7 apg, 1 spg, 46% on the season aren't good numbers then I'm not sure what are. That is easily all star player material, and that is including his slow start where he played injured. If you look at his numbers in the past month, 23 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 5.6 apg, 1.1 spg, 46%, he is definitely an all star player, and one of the better players in the entire league. His team is 0-7 without him and 18-11 with him, or something along those lines. I don't understand why everybody and their mommas hate on them(outside of the chumps in Canada). Please elaborate.
TOMSPY77
Pro Prospect
And1: 168

Post#2 » by TOMSPY77 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:28 am

I would not say I hate VC, I loved watching him his first two years in the league, but the way he just kinda gave up on the Raptors was kinda sad.

I also think that he might be one of those players that can put up great numbers till he starts to age, but he might not be the kinda guy to have as a championship piece.
He might still prove my outlook wrong, and with how good he is when hes on, I hope he proves me wrong.
Kosta
RealGM
And1: 2

Post#3 » by Kosta » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:28 am

Who you calling chumps? Chump.

Check it out low rider, Vince has had a decent season, although is scoring is down. But IMO, the hate he's been getting early this season has a lot to do with his disappearing act in last year's playoffs vs the Cavs.

And as for being an all-star in the East, well he's going to be in the mix, as he is every year.
mattyj
Veteran
And1: 247

Post#4 » by mattyj » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:32 am

Vince Carter? or Wince Harder? hes soft...soft soft soft...cant carry a team, even tho hes a "Franchise Player" ...Most OVER-RATED player in the league i reckon you meant to say...Hes a good scorer, and thats it...

I put him in the same group as T-mac...there teams will never win anything with them as the main guy
thierry
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by thierry » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:37 am

mattyj wrote:Vince Carter? or Wince Harder? hes soft...soft soft soft...cant carry a team, even tho hes a "Franchise Player" ...Most OVER-RATED player in the league i reckon you meant to say...Hes a good scorer, and thats it...

I put him in the same group as T-mac...there teams will never win anything with them as the main guy

But the thing is he doesn't want to carry a team or claim that he is a franchise player. He wanted to be a role player rather than "the guy." Which is why he came to New Jersey. Telling me that 22+, 5+, 5+ isn't phenomenal for a role player and is "only a scorer" would be beyond stupid. He scores the ball efficiently and at will, is one of the best rebounding guards in the league, and one of the best playmaking SG's in the league as well. He is the perfect piece to a championship team in my opinion because he is the most unselfish talent I've ever seen.
rdtx2005
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#6 » by rdtx2005 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:40 pm

Wince Carturd and his cousin HalfSeason-Mac will never win anything in the NBA
INKtastic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,967

Re: Vince Carter 

Post#7 » by INKtastic » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:53 pm

nevermind
http://www.inktastic.com/ Custom T-Shirts and more
halfHAVOC
Assistant Coach
And1: 176

Post#8 » by halfHAVOC » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:58 pm

i dont mind him scoring less obviously because RJ is carrying more of a scoring role VC has become more of a playmaker.

hes the #2 playmaker #2 scoring opt on the nets now so he does everything.

the only thing i hate about VC is when he doesn't attack the basket and takes dumb fadeaways.
Stream My New Basketball Anthem "KING": https://ampl.ink/7QwkY
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#9 » by 5DOM » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:27 pm

halfHAVOC wrote:i dont mind him scoring less obviously because RJ is carrying more of a scoring role VC has become more of a playmaker.

hes the #2 playmaker #2 scoring opt on the nets now so he does everything.

the only thing i hate about VC is when he doesn't attack the basket and takes dumb fadeaways.

thats what happens to raptors franchise players
halfHAVOC
Assistant Coach
And1: 176

Post#10 » by halfHAVOC » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:28 pm

5DOM wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

thats what happens to raptors franchise players

lol cb4,tmac to an extent :-O
Stream My New Basketball Anthem "KING": https://ampl.ink/7QwkY
Dishrag
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#11 » by Dishrag » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:35 pm

thierry wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

But the thing is he doesn't want to carry a team or claim that he is a franchise player. He wanted to be a role player rather than "the guy."

This is exactly why he doesn't get any respect. This guy has all the talent in the world and chooses to take a back seat. Weak, weak mentality. I recently watched some of his highlights during his first 2-3 years and it's so sad to see how his game has regressed. So sad.
KBtechnique
Ballboy

Post#12 » by KBtechnique » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:39 pm

VC is good but Caron Butler is better, both statistically and intangibly.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#13 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:22 pm

KBtechnique wrote:VC is good but Caron Butler is better, both statistically and intangibly.

Yup. Vince is as overrated as they come. The guy just doesn't have the drive to turn it up when his team needs it. Please hes a pussy for doing what he did in Toronto.

All the criticism he deserves is legit. With all the talent he has, he shouldn't be asking to be a role player and crying his way out of tough situations.
Teko
Sixth Man
And1: 1,429

Post#14 » by Teko » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:40 pm

I always have problems when they say "all the talent Vince has"...

Well... he can jump no doubt, but we've seen tons of players who can jump and they are not even playing in NBA or as good as Vince... and now ppl keep saying he is waste of talent just because he is not as good as MJ and Kobe...?

The guy averages 24ppg with 45% FG by being 1st offensive go-to-guy in bad offensive teams for whole his careers... He would average 28ppg if he plays in west like Suns whole his career...

Rediculous...
hoop_head
RealGM
And1: 2,235

Post#15 » by hoop_head » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:42 pm

Vince Carter has talent to spare, the problem is he doesn't have the relentless mental drive to go with that talent. He admits that he isn't comfortable being the "#1 team guy", but his talent makes him so by default. Great player, but lacking in mental toughness, or real hunger for ultimate success, in the NBA.
risktaker91
Banned User

Post#16 » by risktaker91 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:42 pm

Carter and Bosh could've been scary...too bad he decided to go to NJ and waste his talent.
Teko
Sixth Man
And1: 1,429

Post#17 » by Teko » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:46 pm

risktaker91 wrote:Carter and Bosh could've been scary...too bad he decided to go to NJ and waste his talent.

Exactly... basically every good Raptors' players decided to go to somewhere else and waste their talent. Stay in Toronto would be waste of time anyways...

:lol:
bigballa3jj
Bench Warmer
And1: 183

Post#18 » by bigballa3jj » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:01 pm

VC has all the talent in the world, but watching him not use 100% of it is downright frustrating.....and im a VC fan
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#19 » by 5DOM » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:15 pm

Teko wrote:I always have problems when they say "all the talent Vince has"...

Well... he can jump no doubt, but we've seen tons of players who can jump and they are not even playing in NBA or as good as Vince... and now ppl keep saying he is waste of talent just because he is not as good as MJ and Kobe...?

The guy averages 24ppg with 45% FG by being 1st offensive go-to-guy in bad offensive teams for whole his careers... He would average 28ppg if he plays in west like Suns whole his career...

Rediculous...

did you even watch vince in his prime (physical)?
and its not like the only thing he could do is jump.
thierry
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by thierry » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:55 pm

5DOM wrote:did you even watch vince in his prime (physical)?
and its not like the only thing he could do is jump.

Did you watch Vince in his prime get hurt every other game? His old playing style put a huge toll on his body. His new passive playing style will preserve his body to allow him to play the game for a much longer time and keep him on the court. Its a smart decision for him for his financial reasons and for off the court reasons.

Return to The General Board