Vince Carter

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Naslund15
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#41 » by Naslund15 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:37 pm

how can anyone diss vince carter?? averages 25 points a game, 5 assist and 5 rebounds. he's a team player. too bad the majority of people on this board don't see that and rather have a ball hog that scores 35 points a game.

i'd play with vince before kobe, tmac, shaq, a.i.... why would i want to play with players who wants to be the team, wants to be the only identity of the team?? man people are blind. if vince was a ball hog then the majority of this board would say he's selfish, no good for nothing stat padder.

i'm done
thierry
Lead Assistant
And1: 649

Post#42 » by thierry » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:18 pm

Naslund15 wrote:how can anyone diss vince carter?? averages 25 points a game, 5 assist and 5 rebounds. he's a team player. too bad the majority of people on this board don't see that and rather have a ball hog that scores 35 points a game.

i'd play with vince before kobe, tmac, shaq, a.i.... why would i want to play with players who wants to be the team, wants to be the only identity of the team?? man people are blind. if vince was a ball hog then the majority of this board would say he's selfish, no good for nothing stat padder.

i'm done

Great post.
Agent0
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#43 » by Agent0 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:29 pm

Naslund15 wrote:how can anyone diss vince carter?? averages 25 points a game, 5 assist and 5 rebounds. he's a team player. too bad the majority of people on this board don't see that and rather have a ball hog that scores 35 points a game.

i'm done

:nod:

Vince Carter is a great team player but he has the tools and talent to be the top 5 players in the league.

I think he is better off teaming with a ball hog like Kobe, AI or Melo.
thierry
Lead Assistant
And1: 649

Post#44 » by thierry » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:36 pm

Agent0 wrote: :nod:

Vince Carter is a great team player but he has the tools and talent to be the top 5 players in the league.

I think he is better off teaming with a ball hog like Kobe, AI or Melo.

Yeah, I agree. Vince would be a perfect fit with Kobe. No joke. They'd be the best duo in the league by far. Two swingmen who command instant doubles.
halfHAVOC
Assistant Coach
And1: 176

Post#45 » by halfHAVOC » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:45 pm

can someone send him a message to attack the basket harder and throw down some windmills or some ****.
Stream My New Basketball Anthem "KING": https://ampl.ink/7QwkY
CreaM
Banned User
And1: 1,163

Post#46 » by CreaM » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:22 am

I too think Vince is seriously underrated in this league. Its like nobody even notices or talks about him anymore even when he is putting up fantastic numbers. Its like the league has gotten bored/tired of him.
Picasso
Rookie
And1: 896

Re: 

Post#47 » by Picasso » Thu Jan 9, 2020 9:07 pm

Teko wrote:I always have problems when they say "all the talent Vince has"...

Well... he can jump no doubt, but we've seen tons of players who can jump and they are not even playing in NBA or as good as Vince... and now ppl keep saying he is waste of talent just because he is not as good as MJ and Kobe...?

The guy averages 24ppg with 45% FG by being 1st offensive go-to-guy in bad offensive teams for whole his careers... He would average 28ppg if he plays in west like Suns whole his career...

Rediculous...

Bored o went back in time to read some old threads where I found this. 12 years later vince still doing his thing.
I had to jump off the boat to walk on water.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,294

Re: Vince Carter 

Post#48 » by goodboy » Thu Jan 9, 2020 9:15 pm

This thread was as old as Picasso's paintings

strong bump.
Bright
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,315

Post#49 » by PistolPeteJR » Thu Jan 9, 2020 9:28 pm

GOAT bump lmao
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#50 » by DoItALL9 » Thu Jan 9, 2020 10:06 pm

To the folks who think he underachieved, who's career should his have mirrored in your opinion?

Wade?
Kobe?
McGrady?
Ray Allen?
Dominique Wilkins?
Someone else?

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app
Picasso
Rookie

Post#51 » by Picasso » Thu Jan 9, 2020 10:11 pm

DoItALL9 wrote:To the folks who think he underachieved, who's career should his have mirrored in your opinion?

Wade?
Kobe?
McGrady?
Ray Allen?
Dominique Wilkins?
Someone else?

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app

Hes had a hall of fame career. If anything this should show players how to adapt your game and remake yourself as you get older and injuries build up etc..
Vibranium
Rookie
And1: 1,938

Re: Re: 

Post#52 » by Vibranium » Thu Jan 9, 2020 10:18 pm

Picasso wrote:

Well... he can jump no doubt, but we've seen tons of players who can jump and they are not even playing in NBA or as good as Vince... and now ppl keep saying he is waste of talent just because he is not as good as MJ and Kobe...?

The guy averages 24ppg with 45% FG by being 1st offensive go-to-guy in bad offensive teams for whole his careers... He would average 28ppg if he plays in west like Suns whole his career...

Rediculous...

Bored o went back in time to read some old threads where I found this. 12 years later vince still doing his thing.

Didn't even realize how old these comments were until you brought it up. I was so lost I thought it was supposed to be an appreciation thread.
Read on Twitter
Picasso
Rookie

Post#53 » by Picasso » Thu Jan 9, 2020 10:28 pm

VYoungJrIII wrote:
Picasso wrote:

Rediculous...

Didn't even realize how old these comments were until you brought it up. I was so lost I thought it was supposed to be an appreciation thread.

That's what I took from it. How 12 years later after that thread he is still in the league doing his thing. Even if it is a farewell tour this season it's been a great career.
canada_dry
Head Coach
And1: 5,279

Post#54 » by canada_dry » Thu Jan 9, 2020 11:01 pm

Played 20 years never even made a conference final in a weak conference. I don't hate vince or anything but facts are facts. Flashy. Exciting. Able. But never a winner. Or close.

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
theforumblue
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,893

Post#55 » by theforumblue » Thu Jan 9, 2020 11:11 pm

will be remembered for his dunks, and now also for playing for so long. had the skills and physical ability to be remembered for more but that wasn't his personality. whatever, as long as he's content with it it's fine i guess.
screw these absolute garbage refs
Drygon
Veteran
And1: 4,723

Post#56 » by Drygon » Thu Jan 9, 2020 11:47 pm

canada_dry wrote:Played 20 years never even made a conference final in a weak conference. I don't hate vince or anything but facts are facts. Flashy. Exciting. Able. But never a winner. Or close.

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app

Vince did actually play on Western Conference Finals 2010...

Anyway, he spent his prime on dysfunctional franchises who weren't close being good enough to compete for titles.

Pretty difficult to become a "winner" in such circumstances lol.

theforumblue wrote:will be remembered for his dunks, and now also for playing for so long. had the skills and physical ability to be remembered for more but that wasn't his personality. whatever, as long as he's content with it it's fine i guess.

Cut the crap.

Vince never had the potential to become an all-time great, although he definitely was an All-NBA caliber player in his prime.

If anything, his prime was cut short due to knee injuries Vince sustained.

Most people back then never expected Vince to have such longevity.
Teko
Sixth Man
And1: 1,429

Post#57 » by Teko » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:35 am

Picasso wrote:

Rediculous...

Got bumped after 12 years... Vince is still my favorite player! :nod:
MJ7
Senior
And1: 942

Post#58 » by MJ7 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:50 am

I kinda wish old threads like this were bumped more often, it's something to be proud of, the longevity of the site I mean. And I guess the longevity of Vince Carter deserves credit too lol.
Wizard/MJ fan
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,369

Post#59 » by baldur » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:13 am

bump at its finest. jesus.
Vibranium
Rookie
And1: 1,938

Post#60 » by Vibranium » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:16 pm

MJ7 wrote:I kinda wish old threads like this were bumped more often, it's something to be proud of, the longevity of the site I mean. And I guess the longevity of Vince Carter deserves credit too lol.

I think it's against the rules to bump old threads like this without a good reason or something, which is probably why it doesn't happen that often.

Read on Twitter

Return to The General Board