Moons Dunk - Generating hype or do you think its possible?

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Kosta
RealGM
And1: 2

Post#61 » by Kosta » Mon Feb 4, 2008 8:50 pm

High 5 wrote:I don't know why they would fake it. It gives Moon some hype, but hype he can't deliver on. :dontknow:

Maybe you just can't grasp the thought of Jamario out dunking your boy Josh Smith? :dontknow:
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#62 » by 5DOM » Mon Feb 4, 2008 8:52 pm

HarlemHeat37 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

you proved my point..he has insane athletic ability..what does that have to do with being creative? a windmill is the least creative dunk you can do, it happens almost every game in the NBA..

it doesn't matter if he made it or not in the hype video y'all..he did his job..he has all of you talking about it..this is great marketing..he's bringing the hype, weeks before the actual dunk contest..the crowd is going to be behind him, and anticipating it after this hype..

I'm liking the dunk contest hype so far..Rudy Gay is being creative..Moon is bringing the hype..I heard Dwight was planning a double off the backboard..

i agree. just from the dunks hes shown this season, you cant see much creativity. what we do know, however, is that he can jump and he used to be a globetrotter.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,085

Post#63 » by High 5 » Mon Feb 4, 2008 8:54 pm

Kosta wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Maybe you just can't grasp the thought of Jamario out dunking your boy Josh Smith? :dontknow:

Or maybe I was making a case for the dunk being real and you just weren't smart enough to figure it out? :dontknow:
Kosta
RealGM

Post#64 » by Kosta » Mon Feb 4, 2008 8:54 pm

HarlemHeat37 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

you proved my point..he has insane athletic ability..what does that have to do with being creative? a windmill is the least creative dunk you can do, it happens almost every game in the NBA..

it doesn't matter if he made it or not in the hype video y'all..he did his job..he has all of you talking about it..this is great marketing..he's bringing the hype, weeks before the actual dunk contest..the crowd is going to be behind him, and anticipating it after this hype..

I'm liking the dunk contest hype so far..Rudy Gay is being creative..Moon is bringing the hype..I heard Dwight was planning a double off the backboard..

True, I don't think he'd try to bring the hype if he couldn't back it up though. We'll see, you're right though he hasn't shown much jaw dropping creativity in games, more so of the power variety. But than again our coach hates show boating and probably lets him know about it too.
Kosta
RealGM

Post#65 » by Kosta » Mon Feb 4, 2008 8:56 pm

High 5 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Or maybe I was making a case for the dunk being real and you just weren't smart enough to figure it out? :dontknow:

I recall, "if Josh Smith can't do it then I doubt Moon can do it".

Nice case.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,085

Post#66 » by High 5 » Mon Feb 4, 2008 9:03 pm

Kosta wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I recall, "if Josh Smith can't do it then I doubt Moon can do it".

Nice case.

So you have never doubted anything and still wondered if it was possible? I don't think he can do it, but I'm not going to say it's impossible until he fails to do it. You need to chill out with the hostility. It's just an online basketball forum.
Kosta
RealGM

Post#67 » by Kosta » Mon Feb 4, 2008 9:14 pm

High 5 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

So you have never doubted anything and still wondered if it was possible? I don't think he can do it, but I'm not going to say it's impossible until he fails to do it. You need to chill out with the hostility. It's just an online basketball forum.

It's not even about doubting the dunk, it was how you had to bring up Josh Smith not being able to do it and making it seem like he set the precedent for all future free throw dunks. No hostility, I was just annoyed by that one comment. We cool. :D
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,552

Post#68 » by TheRaptor! » Mon Feb 4, 2008 9:23 pm

Its like ppl don't want him to win or in denial that he can actually do it.

He said it himself in an interview that that is the farthest he has dunked which means he can do it.

Y'all are in denial, just make sure you vote for the deserving player when the time comes, I have no doubt that player is Moon.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#69 » by rsavaj » Mon Feb 4, 2008 9:39 pm

AxnJxn00 wrote:ever watch sportscience? they proved that this is impossible

Sport Science is THE MOST ridiculous excuse for a TV show, EVER.

"CAN A BASKETBALL PLAYER DUNK.....WEARING FOOTBALL PADS?!?!"
"DOES YOUR HEART RATE GO UP.....WHEN YOU TAKE A TENNIS BALL TO THE CROTCH?!?!?!?"

Are you effing kidding me? Never cite Sport Science as proof. EVER.

/rant
ICEMANRC
Sixth Man
And1: 49

Post#70 » by ICEMANRC » Mon Feb 4, 2008 9:54 pm

Why I think Jamario made his third dunk

So I was thinking of a way to tell if Jamario made his 3rd dunk or not, and I think this method may work fairly well.

We have all been looking at the shadow, and to me that seemed like the best thing to use to figure out if his 3rd dunk went in.

Look at the first two pictures. These both show Jamarios shadow at the same spot on the court when the ball is going through the rim (as you hear the sound of his hand hitting the rim). The second pic I couldn't get right at the exact time, but it's only the different of <1mm on the screen anyway.

1st dunk

2nd dunk

Now for the 3rd dunk, you obviously couldn't see if he got it in or not...but, we are still able to look at the shadow and hear when his (or someone elses) hand hits the rim. This pic is taken at the same time that the noise happens. As you can see his shadow is in the same spot as his first two made dunks.

3rd Dunk

I'm pretty sure he made it.
I may technically be a "coach", but I have been around for years.
Parasight
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Post#71 » by Parasight » Mon Feb 4, 2008 10:03 pm

^ Nice analysis.

I had my doubts early on, and watched the clip numerous times. And I'm convinced he made it. I have no science to back up my claims. And despite the horrid acting of Joey Graham and Maceo Baston, I think the video was an effective marketing campaign.

I'm definitely tuning into this years Dunk Contest, promising candidates and hopefully they deliver.
galeon110
Analyst
And1: 629

Post#72 » by galeon110 » Mon Feb 4, 2008 10:14 pm

You can make out the reflection of the backboard on the court and Moon's right infront of it when the rim sound is heard. He clearly made the dunk.
JD225
Analyst
And1: 341

Post#73 » by JD225 » Mon Feb 4, 2008 10:22 pm

The guy is a leaper. I have never seen an offensive rebound that made me jump out of my seat like this one

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7XT8xplDccE

I'm not sure if he made that one though. That sounds a bit too crazy. It might have been a shorter rim.
HumbleBumbleBee
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#74 » by HumbleBumbleBee » Mon Feb 4, 2008 10:22 pm

I love this videos our guys have been making...first Bosh then Moon, who's next?

Moon mentioned a couple times his dunks have a theme and that Jay Triano (Raps asst.) has been helping him...I havent been this excited for a Dunk Comp. since VC's
Got Raps FanFiction?
MalReyn
Analyst
And1: 5

Post#75 » by MalReyn » Mon Feb 4, 2008 10:38 pm

nycballer718 wrote:http://youtube.com/watch?v=wfL9Ew3b0uE&feature=dir

^^^ is that the same video ??? his friends were celebrating at the end im assuming he made it unless their good actors

It's a promo video made by the NBA.

Whether it's real or not they're not going be like, "Oh darn, you miss that, better luck next time!"

They made a promo for each of the players involved. Pretty well done ones too. Frankly I'm amazed this is getting this kind of response. It reminds me of the time some thought this commercial was real.

Still say it's obviously fake.

Not that it proves anything, but we saw his face in the camera at 39 seconds, and his foot at 49 seconds. He must've sprinted up and down the court pretty quickly, since he'd need the length of the court to dunk from that far back.
Fizzy
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#76 » by Fizzy » Mon Feb 4, 2008 10:52 pm

MalReyn wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Not that it proves anything, but we saw his face in the camera at 39 seconds, and his foot at 49 seconds. He must've sprinted up and down the court pretty quickly, since he'd need the length of the court to dunk from that far back.

It's not Jamario in the camera at 39 seconds, it's Joey Graham.
MalReyn
Analyst
And1: 5

Post#77 » by MalReyn » Mon Feb 4, 2008 10:57 pm

Fizzy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It's not Jamario in the camera at 39 seconds, it's Joey Graham.

My mistake.
HoopsGuru25
General Manager
And1: 3

Post#78 » by HoopsGuru25 » Mon Feb 4, 2008 11:26 pm

They could have lowered the rim on the last dunk but he clearly made it though.
Boogie-Boogz
Rookie
And1: 9

Post#79 » by Boogie-Boogz » Mon Feb 4, 2008 11:26 pm

He made the dunk you can see his shadow on the hardwood, even if he did miss he atleast got to the rim and touced it.
RockTHECasbah
Lead Assistant
And1: 10

Post#80 » by RockTHECasbah » Mon Feb 4, 2008 11:27 pm

Its only helps spread the Joey stereotype
Know anyone who is disabled? has an addiction?
HandyTax - Your Canadian Disability Tax Credit Consultants
http://www.handytax.ca

Return to The General Board