A Sad Day For Basketball

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#21 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Wed Feb 6, 2008 8:46 pm

Harry Heinous wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

ridiculous. I and all of my die-hard Heat fan buddies (all 32 of them) have nothing but respect and gratitude for what Shaquille O'neal brought to the Heat and the city of Miami.

And even on the Heat board here, I would say most are truly grateful for Shaq did.

Keyword Some. You guys are acting like I said all of the Heat fans or a majority are ungrateful.

And Harry please with that (I hate the Heat stuff) Over the past year I have seen you take many a shot at the Wizards franchise.

And to my friend Give Wade the Max. The Heat have imo the best GM in the East in Riley. A young star in Wade. They won a championship 2 years ago. Plus now they are poised to get a high draft pick and have some cap flexibility to build around their superstar. That's how I feel about the Heat.
prekazi
General Manager
And1: 1

Re: A Sad Day For Basketball 

Post#22 » by prekazi » Wed Feb 6, 2008 8:49 pm

|||-Abaddon-||| wrote:Shaquille O'Neal -- the greatest player since the Jordan era is being reduced to trade piece.

In many ways this represents our sad lives, how we all start our lives strong and immature, to mature and somewhat successful to old and degraded to a crappy retirement home.

Shaq is my childhood hero, a classic American athlete -- to see him reduced to this heart-wrenching!

No matter how many people might not like Shaqulle, he has always embodied a classic, bigger than life athlete who was respected for what he did best!

Long live Shaq's legacy, to me, a great person and athlete, one whom I loved to follow since the tender age of 6.

he's making 20mil in a year. I don't think he's sad.

Return to The General Board